• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo DS

[[.x___matt]]

Omg it's an emo!
Years
I just need some info on the Nintendo DS. I have googled it and it didn't really help me much so I came here to get some answers from people who own or are interested in buying one like me.

I know the NDS has Wi-Fi so you can play wirelessly against other people in different countries.

Now I live in Jakarta, Indonesia. If I buy a DS, will I be able to play wirelessly against people in say, the UK or the States?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Most of the games that utilize the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection feature several modes to face an opponenet. These include:

Regional (I don't know how they determine that. IP address?) and World Wide (self explanatory) among other things.

You'll need either a wireless modem or router; or you can use Nintendo's USB adapter (for Windows XP only)

EDITED BY TRIFORCE89 on 19/09/06. Added "XP"

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
For Windows XP, Triffy. :P

Anyway, yeah. So long as you have a wireless internet connection or at least access to one (such as a nearby hotspot, etc.) you should be able to play against anyone anywhere for WiFi enabled games.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
For Windows XP, Triffy. :P

Anyway, yeah. So long as you have a wireless internet connection or at least access to one (such as a nearby hotspot, etc.) you should be able to play against anyone anywhere for WiFi enabled games.
Fine, I fixed it now.

Heh, yeah I probably should've mentioned that you can access the WFC from any public hotspot, not just those in your own house. Thanks for that.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
But it's a lot more reliable if it's your own house so that you don't have unknown admins watching over you...

I think that all answers your question......

kohei

Pizzaman.
Years
If you have a wire-less router, that can be used too.
Though check on the official Nintendo Wi-Fi site to see if your router model is actually compatible.

Back