• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Hunters Club card requests V.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Welcome to Version 5 of the SHC card request thread! This thread is for members of the Shiny Hunters Club to request official club shiny cards for use in their signatures. While the club certainly appreciates new members, if you would be joining the club strictly for the reason of getting one of our cards, you probably shouldn't be here.

Here's the ever-increasing history of the SHC cards:
    1. April 20th, 2005: Lady Demoonica Darkmoon created some rather pretty, trainer-card-sized Shiny Cards for members to use, since the club was looking for something uniform to go in member signatures.
    2. April 26th, 2005: Some people found these cards a little too big and would mess up some stuff we already had in our signatures. Ryan (rsgh5), cofounder, decided to make some smaller, animated cards to use in their place.
    3. June 5, 2005: Ryan had a catastrophic system failure and lost the template and everything he was using to make these cards, so they were halted for a while. Then, I created my own version of the cards, and he liked them and put me in charge. I started taking requests by PM.
    4. June 10, 2005: I started a thread (version 2) for members to obtain these updated cards, and ryan officially handed the job to me to continue making them.
    5. August 14, 2005: For a brief period, ryan used his template (which he apparently reacquired) to create generic trainer cards available to everyone. That seems to have not lasted long.
    6. January 16, 2006: After seven months of successful operation, my precious SHC thread was closed due to inactivity. How could this happen to me?? T_T Minutes later, Version 3 was opened and continued with successful operation through to August.
    7. October 6, 2006: After a little over a month of my absence, co-owner Yami Zidane and member Nova took up the challenge of making new SHC cards, using the sprites from Diamond and Pearl, but the same layout.
    8. October 9, 2006: Due in part to the Japanese release of Diamond and Pearl, I returned to the SHC. The Fourth-gen-ready SHC card layout I had been working on for some time is finally ready, thanks to the availability of D/P sprites. I opened this thread here for new requests, and welcomed Yami and Nova as official card makers.

The rules for the SHC cards are as follows, updated for the 4th Generation, so read them carefully!:
    • You must be a member of the Shiny Hunters Club to request a card.
    • Include a list of all 3rd- and 4th-generation (Ruby/Sapphire/Colosseum/Fire Red/Leaf Green/Emerald/XD/Diamond/Pearl/anything compatible with them in the future) shinies you own in the order you caught them. NEW: Please include extra info such as gender, Unown form, and Wormadam form, so I can use the correct sprites. For Pokémon such as Deoxys and Burmy, you may request the form of your liking. Castform is always Normal form and Cherrim is always open.
    • NEW: Cert shinies (that is, shinies which are always present in the game and may be captured, or are given away as part of a promotional event) only count once. If the cert shiny may evolve, you can only request one of its forms. (If you don't think of clones as downright cheating, they still most certainly qualify as cert shinies (if you clone a shiny, you get a shiny from it 100% of the time), so the "original" is considered the one and only countable shiny.)
    • Include a trainer sprite for the card, or name a standard ingame sprite to use. (If providing a custom sprite, it must be in PNG (preferred) or GIF format. JPEG uses non-indexed, lossy compression, and so destroys the natural distinction between a sprite and its background.) Please provide a link for any Diamond/Pearl sprites you wish to use, as I don't have names for any of them.
    • Indicate what colours you'd like the card to use. There are three styles of requests you can make: (1) name some colours to give me a general idea, (2) post a reference card, either made by you or one of the cards I've already done, (3) NEW: fill out this image, with the colours you'd like, in any paint program. Please avoid pure primaries for use as the shading colours, as they look quite Tacky.
    • Indicate your name, as you'd like it to appear on the card. NEW: This should be kept to 48 pixels, which is usually 8 characters, but may be more if it contains lots of ls and Is.
    • NEW: Legitimate SHC cards must have been made by any one of the following four members: MetalMario, ryan, Yami_Zidane, or ♥Nova♥. All four of us will be taking requests in this here thread. (Well, let's hope ryan comes back soon! ^o^)
    • NEW: Due to excessive small update requests in v.3 (which still require a lot of work on my part), I must instate this new rule: If a request consisting only of an evolution for an existing shiny is made, I will wait until a more significant change is needed. If you plan to evolve a shiny you own, please request its evolved form from the get-go.

The following kinds of shinies qualify to be in an SHC card:
    • Shinies found in the wild, as gifts, or otherwise obtained in Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Emerald, Diamond, or Pearl versions.
    • Shinies Snagged in Colosseum or XD.
    • Shinies obtained from other compatible Pokémon titles, such as eggs from Box or Colosseum Bonus Discs.
    • Shinies received in trades, provided that you can verify that their original owner didn't cheat to obtain them, or that they wouldn't have qualified for any of the other reasons mentioned in the next section. Within reason, of course. If you don't own Colosseum or XD, you can't be as certain, but that's okay. If you discover later on that one of your shinies was cheated for, just tell me and I'll remove it. No harm done.
    • Shinies obtained from special Nintendo events, including Catch 'em Machine "fateful encounters" and so-called "Berry Update" shiny Zigzagoons. Remember that out of cert shinies, such as Berry Update Zigzagoons, only one will be counted for your card.
    • Shinies obtained from future products which are compatible with the existing set of Pokémon Advanced/DS titles.
    • NEW: Shinies found via use of the Pokéradar in Diamond and Pearl are considered cert shinies on a per-chain basis. Only one shiny from each chain can be counted for your card. (To those who don't know what chaining is, all Pokémon found without the regular route music returning after their battles count as being part of a single chain.)

The following kinds of shinies DO NOT qualify to be in an SHC card:
    • Shinies you no longer own, whether they were given away or deleted.
    • Shinies found in Gold, Silver, Crystal, or Stadium GS, or shinies traded in from Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, or Stadium 1.
    • Shinies found with the help of game-altering devices such as Action Replay or Gameshark, or shinies found by altering the saved game data and uploaded via flash linkers, multiboot programs, M3 adapters, etc..
    • Shinies whose acquisition was accelerated by any of the means mentioned in the previous point. These include (but are not limited to) fast hatching codes, codes to teleport you to the special islands inhabited by Deoxys, Mew, etc. or obtain their tickets, codes to make wild Pokémon appear in places where they don't normally (eg. making Chimecho the only thing you see on Route 101) or in quantities greater than normal (eg. making it so that you see nothing but Absol on Route 120).
    • Shinies whose acquisitions were due to flaws in the program or damaged carts. Glitches to copy IVs were discovered for the earlier games, so it's not unfair to expect that similar glitches might be discovered for the Advanced games. This point includes glitches causing you to see Pokémon not normally encountered, such as the plausible Celebi Glitch. This also includes use of Emerald's cloning glitches. If a shiny is found fairly but cloned, it still only counts as one shiny. If you catch a shiny Eevee, for instance, and make seven clones for all the Eeveelutions, only one will count.

Members without shinies can also request cards. Tell me one shiny, along with the usual styles for the card (colours, sprite, name), and I'll give you a card without any stars, but with that shiny shown as greyed out.

The card you place in your signature should link back to the Shiny Hunters Club. There are no placement rules or anything like that. However, don't abuse the cards! A single card in your sig is all you need. It's only out of common courtesy that I leave older versions of the cards online. (This is in case you change your mind about a cosmetic alteration.) Once I've seen that you're using the updated card, deleting the old one is fair game. It's not necessary to credit me for the card so long as you link to the SHC with the card. I'll allow you to not link to the SHC (if you're following a link limit or somethng), but then you must credit me for the card. :)

If using a custom sprite on your card, you must have permission from the original artist. I operate under the assumption that the use of all custom sprites provided is authorized, but if I discover otherwise, the card will be deleted, and, should you be using a copy at an alternate location, the appropriate hosting services and forum administrators will be informed.

Examples:
    shcMetalMario_2.gif
    shcPkmnProdigy_2.gif
    shcLDD_3.gif
    shcSCF.gif
    shcYami.gif
    shcSkippy.gif
    shcTyranis.gif

For a list of all available cards, click Here.

Last edited:

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Hey MM! I guess i'll be the first to request an update! Lol, im not compltely sure if this will be right, but i like mine the way it is, just to be put into the template u currently use, do i need to give you more info? Err well jus say if u need neffin else.. so ye.. n thnx!

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2008
    these new cards look good MM! ^_^ well, could i plz request my card to change to the new template plz? and also, could you make my current shiny swellow sprite to the Diamond/Pearl shiny swellow sprite? i just want the Swellow to be changed, not the shiny Swampert. thankx!! i hope that wasn't too much to ask...

scf

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2015
    I'll take the update, just a generic looking color plz and the same pokemon that are in my sig.
    scfpkmnqf7.png

Years
  • Male/female Machamps are identical, but for future reference, please include gender.

I've updated the first post with this info.

Egads, two new posts appered! (And I bet a bunch more will be here by the time I finish this edit.)

Pkmn Prodigy: as in V.3, rule #1 is consistency, consistency, consistency. All the new cards must use the D/P sprites for consistency's sake. I also need to know genders.

SCF: Genders?

Edit:
    Killer-Swift:
    shcKillerSwift.gif

Tha Pkmn Prodigy:
    shcPkmnProdigy.gif

I can't do SCF's because Rattata and Pikachu display gender differences.

Edit2: Fixed a mistake in TPP's. You may need to refresh.

Last edited:

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Thankz it looks awesome man!!!!!!!!! And sorry, im pretty sure its female, *glares at TPP* lmfao..

scf

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2015
    pikachu and spearow female bulba and rattata male

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
    Years
  • D/P sprite that I changed the hair color on
    kisa3.png

and after seeing the purple/gold I'm going back to this COLOR setup (no offence Yami, but my card hurt my OWN eyes, LOL, yeah that gold color is deadly)
    shcLDD_5.gif

Dusclops F
    Zigzagoon M & F (berry update ones, because I can only have one, use male pic)
    Sableye M
    Linoone F
    Heracross F
    Starmie
    Gengar M
    Bellossom F
    Vileplume M
    Gloom M
    Mightyena M
    Seviper M
    Victreebel F
    Lairon M
    Bellsprout F
    Raticate F
    Crobat F
    Beautifly F
    Mewtwo
    Machamp M
    Claydol

Years
  • Done.

LDD:
    shcLDD.gif

The dithering is quite bad, but it's unavoidable when one has so many shinies. Compensation for us lessers. =P

Yami, whenever you're online, please ask me for an updated template. I fixed a quite important error of one pixel. Each card should now use one fewer colours, which might just mean the difference between dithering and not. Since the difference isn't noticeable at all, I'm not updating the existing cards, but all new cards should be fixed.

shinycollector

I'm back!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2012
    I just get my card updated like 3 days ago i think. xD

Ok,Can you change my card template too? to the new one?
    Pokemon Genders:
    Latios M
    Rayquaza (nothing)
    Poochyena F
    Raticate F (was ratat yesterday xD)
    Gengar M
    Blissey F
    Roselia F
    Kecleon M
    Delibird M

Thats all thx!

(Its been like 3 days ago when the new version of the cards come out but now there is a NEWER version you guys really worked ast on cards! xD)

Last edited:
    Years
  • LDD and SC: Genders?

LDD, you have the female sprite there. Is that correct?

Edit: Done.

LDD:
    shcLDD_2.gif

Got the gender from the SHC. I was feeling sorry for the horribly dithered name label (even worse than your current), so I nearest-optimized that part.

Shinycollector:
    shcSC.gif

The first green-starred card to not use more than 256 colours! My ultra-efficient layout uses no more colours than the old cards, despite all the awexome blending effects. ^o^

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2013
    SL, were going to need the Genders of your mons to make the card, so as soon as you give us them i'll start on your card. And since MM insists on consistency it will be made in the same style as the rest.

Years
    • Age 34
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2013
    I'm afraid not, if one person asks for something different and we then give it to them then it won't be long before everyone is throwing a tonne of different requests at us throwing the thread into chaos so to speak, it is much easier for us to make all the cards the same.

So if you could just provide me with the list of genders of each of your shiny mons and a trainer sprite i will make your card.

Years
    • Age 34
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2013
    Sorry about the amount of time it took.. my computer decided to freeze several times while i was doing your card, but its done:

SL.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back