ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread

Old May 19th, 2013 (11:28 PM).

Nature: Quirky
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aemirch View Post
    Is the script type correct? As in, type 02 (it says something about validating values)-- and, check if the map has other scripts that resets offsets or pointers and if it does, delete said script.
    Yes the script type is [02] and my map doesn't have other level scripts. I'm using JPAN's Engine.

Relevant Advertising!

Old May 19th, 2013 (11:45 PM).
    Hobbler

Quote:
      Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
      Yes the script type is [02] and my map doesn't have other level scripts. I'm using JPAN's Engine.
      Ouch. Weird stuff happens sometimes there. Can you do this? Compile the script into another, clean ROM and see what happens. If it works then it's JPAN's engine. If it doesn't... then we still have an issue with the variable you're using.
      Old May 19th, 2013 (11:52 PM).
      ur mum

Nature: Lonely
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Aemirch View Post
        Ouch. Weird stuff happens sometimes there. Can you do this? Compile the script into another, clean ROM and see what happens. If it works then it's JPAN's engine. If it doesn't... then we still have an issue with the variable you're using.
        No, JPAN's engine doesn't have any conflict with level scripts I have tried it myself and it works.

@robin22gongon

It's most probably the var that you're using or you may have not done this in the proper way.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=279345

Follow the guide I made there if you follow it right I'm sure that level script of yours will work.
        Old May 20th, 2013 (12:10 AM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Shadowraze View Post
          No, JPAN's engine doesn't have any conflict with level scripts I have tried it myself and it works.

@robin22gongon

It's most probably the var that you're using or you may have not done this in the proper way.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=279345

Follow the guide I made there if you follow it right I'm sure that level script of yours will work.
          Actually that's what I followed throughout making the script. It really, actually works. It's just that I don't want it repeated again and again every time I enter the map.

Old May 20th, 2013 (12:57 AM).
          ur mum

Nature: Lonely
            Quote:
            Actually that's what I followed throughout making the script. It really, actually works. It's just that I don't want it repeated again and again every time I enter the map.
            Didn't you saw my previous post do not use 0x4000 as your var if you don't want your script to be repeated again and again everytime you enter the map.
            Old May 20th, 2013 (3:18 AM).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Shadowraze View Post
              Didn't you saw my previous post do not use 0x4000 as your var if you don't want your script to be repeated again and again everytime you enter the map.
              So what should I do? Can I use 4050?

Old May 20th, 2013 (3:50 AM).
              What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
                Quote:
                So what should I do? Can I use 4050?
                Use 0x40F8. There is soooo little chance it has been used, it isn't funny.

Paired with Simba
                Old May 20th, 2013 (3:56 AM). Edited May 20th, 2013 by BlackWhiteRobin.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                  Use 0x40F8. There is soooo little chance it has been used, it isn't funny.
                  Is there still a chance some vars are still not safe even if I use JPAN's Engine?

Oh and also how do I make that automatically black? The screen. When I use the script I used with fadescreen 0x1, it still shows the screen before it fades to black. What I wanted to do is automatically black. Let me know if I don't make sense.

Old May 20th, 2013 (4:04 AM).
                  (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
                  • Gold Tier

Nature: Jolly
                  Anyone know the location of the ruby and emerald special tables? I got FR already.

Support me at my site!
                  Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue
                  Old May 20th, 2013 (4:22 AM). Edited May 20th, 2013 by karatekid552.
                  What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
                    Quote:
                    Is there still a chance some vars are still not safe even if I use JPAN's Engine?

Oh and also how do I make that automatically black? The screen. When I use the script I used with fadescreen 0x1, it still shows the screen before it fades to black. What I wanted to do is automatically black. Let me know if I don't make sense.
                    The restrictions on vars are the same with his engine. So, only vars up 0x40FF are safe.

Ummm, I do understand you. I looked through the command list and I don't see anything that will do it without a fade. You may need to write a small ASM routine for it.

Or, I just had another idea, you could create a completely black room and hide the player. Then you could warp and show the player when you are done with your messages.

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
                    Anyone know the location of the ruby and emerald special tables? I got FR already.
                    The easiest way to do this is to go to the location of the special 0x0 (heal pokemon) in a FR rom and copy the bytes at the beginning of the routine up to the first pointer. (16 bytes should be a good length) Then go search in an RSE rom for that line (make sure you only get one result) and then turn the location of the data into a pointer and search for that. The only location of this pointer should be the beginning of the table.

Paired with Simba
                    Old May 20th, 2013 (4:41 AM).
                    Aussie's Toughest Mudder

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                      Or, I just had another idea, you could create a completely black room and hide the player. Then you could warp and show the player when you are done with your messages.
                      This is an awesome idea ^. I have made mini videos by warping a player to a black tile and moving the camera. The possibilities are endless.

A question though, sometime simple talking scripts on people don't work, instead using talking scripts from another person in the map. Even though the script offsets are different they still run the same commands... Anyone else had this problem?
                      Old May 20th, 2013 (9:53 AM).

Hi there,
                        This is my first time posting here, so I hope I'm asking in the right place.
                        I am a complete noob regarding Pokemon hacking, but I'm trying to learn and this is what I'm doing:

I grabbed an original FireRed ROM and with WindHex I am translating dialogue to a different language. I have found a table to translate hex values to normal letters and have been doing great with it, because it lets me pretty much edit every word and title in the game.
                        My question is: I would like to make every Pokemon from the first 150 catchable in FireRed. Is this doable?
                        For example, I'd like to make Bellsprouts and other LeafGreen exclusives to appear as wild Pokemon (let's say in Route 10 and Safari Zone). Is there a way to do this?
                        I've searched a lot here on the forum, but I couldn't find an answer. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places though, I bet this is asked a lot.
                        Old May 20th, 2013 (10:17 AM).
                        • Gold Tier

You could use advance map, you make maps edit wild pokemon data, create events, all sorts of stuff. It's also very user friendly so you should have no problem witb it. If you need help send me a message and ill help you, no problem

Support me at my site!
                        Old May 20th, 2013 (10:18 AM).
                        Dark Energy is back in action! ;)

Nature: Relaxed
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by marcus_dom View Post
                          Hi there,
                          This is my first time posting here, so I hope I'm asking in the right place.
                          I am a complete noob regarding Pokemon hacking, but I'm trying to learn and this is what I'm doing:

I grabbed an original FireRed ROM and with WindHex I am translating dialogue to a different language. I have found a table to translate hex values to normal letters and have been doing great with it, because it lets me pretty much edit every word and title in the game.
                          My question is: I would like to make every Pokemon from the first 150 catchable in FireRed. Is this doable?
                          For example, I'd like to make Bellsprouts and other LeafGreen exclusives to appear as wild Pokemon (let's say in Route 10 and Safari Zone). Is there a way to do this?
                          I've searched a lot here on the forum, but I couldn't find an answer. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places though, I bet this is asked a lot.
                          Hey there,

Well so far, you've been doing an exactly similar thing - working out with data with a hex editor. You could easily re-write the wild pokemon data for every area the exact same way but there are in-game specific tools for that so you don't have to hex edit everything.

In fact, you can do almost any beginner-friendly thing with a game specific tool (not that you'd learn much by doing it that way...). Anyway, AdvanceMap is the tool you'd be looking for.

Fixing bugs in a ROM hack
                          CP of encountered pokemon in GO

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
                          -The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
                          Old May 20th, 2013 (10:29 AM).
                          Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
                            Yeah, do as miksy said and download some tools from the tools forum. Rom hacking using tools is already time consuming, so doing everything in hex will be just life consuming!
                            Old May 20th, 2013 (10:32 AM).

Well gogojjtech and miksy91, I feel dumb now x)
                              I read that tool's name so many times and I never actually downloaded it because I thought it was only to modify map sprites and appearance.
                              Thanks for the tip, apparently the answer was right in front of me. Cheers!
                              Old May 20th, 2013 (10:34 AM).
                              Non-Existent Elite Four Champ

Nature: Brave
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by DeltaSalamence View Post
                                You can create a sequence in which givepokemon is utilized.

As for the originally programmed choosing of Pokemon, you'd have to Hex Edit/A-Text the special.
                                Would I have to do a multi-choice thing? (Like would you like This..This..or this?) I've already edited what pokemon there are, and I changed the text using A-Text....soo now what?
                                Old May 20th, 2013 (10:35 AM).
                                • Gold Tier

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by marcus_dom View Post
                                Well gogojjtech and miksy91, I feel dumb now x)
                                I read that tool's name so many times and I never actually downloaded it because I thought it was only to modify map sprites and appearance.
                                Thanks for the tip, apparently the answer was right in front of me. Cheers!
                                Yeah, Advance Map is pretty cool. Well, you should download as many tools as possible to make your life easier!

Support me at my site!
                                Old May 20th, 2013 (11:00 AM).

Is it possible to implement the physical/special split in Gen III ROMs?
                                  Old May 20th, 2013 (11:06 AM).
                                  • Gold Tier

There is already a patch made, its here somewhere because i already put it in my games.

Support me at my site!
                                  Old May 20th, 2013 (11:15 AM).

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
                                    There is already a patch made, its here somewhere because i already put it in my games.
                                    Any chance you could provide a link? "Here somewhere" is just kind of vague, is all.
                                    Old May 20th, 2013 (11:26 AM).
                                    Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
                                      Uikri, you can find one in the Research & Developement forum.
                                      Old May 20th, 2013 (12:00 PM).
                                      • Gold Tier

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=234550
                                      right there

Support me at my site!
                                      Old May 20th, 2013 (12:06 PM).

Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Kurapika View Post
                                        Uikri, you can find one in the Research and Development Forum.
                                        Thanks bro. Now for the final question. If I patched a R/S/E ROM with the Physical/Special split, could I then use pokehacks(DOT)dabomstew(DOT)com(SLASH)randomizer(SLASH)acks(DOT)php
                                        to randomize the ROM, or would the ROM not be compatible after P/S patching? What if I used the randomizer first?
                                        Old May 20th, 2013 (12:10 PM).

I'm sorry if the answer should be obvious but are there actually hidden scripts on the Littleroot map that I can't see in AdvanceMap? What I meant earlier was that I have already deleted all apparent events/signposts/scripts/etc on the main LittleRoot map along with Route 1 but the "invisible mom" still happens. I guess that might be taken care of by SMCA and Truck Remover tools?

Also, I have read through a lot of the tile editing guides etc and can edit tiles fine. The problem is that when I edit tiles in one map they also change on the other. For example, if I edit the gym tiles in Viridian City to make it so that the grass toward the bottom is rocky terrain instead (because I want the gym to be raised on rock, it will also edit the gym in Fuschia City making that look rocky as well. I guess there must be a way to copy over an identical tileset and just treat them separately but I can't figure out how.

Is there anyway to export the actual tileset instead of the palette? As in, when you have block editor open on advance map is there a way to export the image on the left, edit it, and then import it back in rather than export the palette image.

Also how would one create an ENTIRELY new tileset? For example, if you have options from zero to twenty three, how would you create your own tileset twenty four?
                                          Closed Thread
                                          Quick Reply

Sponsored Links