ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #26576    
Old September 15th, 2013 (11:21 AM).
SmgC SmgC is offline
     
    Join Date: Apr 2013
    Location: Florida
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Modest
    Posts: 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
    I'm going to guess you changed the size of those maps too. For some reason, those maps have major issues with resizing. I have no idea why. For my hack, I needed to resize, so I created a new bank with new rooms for the players house and it worked fine.

    If you didn't resize, then I have no idea why you would be having this issue.
    I resized it, maybe one day you could teach me how to make a rom with new sized rooms, until I have the time (and until your willing to do so) I will have to do without.
    Thank You for your help,
    SmgC

    Relevant Advertising!

      #26577    
    Old September 15th, 2013 (11:26 AM).
    PokéMew's Avatar
    PokéMew PokéMew is offline
    Pokémon Fuchsia
    • Silver Tier
     
    Join Date: Sep 2013
    Location: Refresh
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Modest
    Posts: 490
    Ok i have hacked for several months now and i am having problems with putting d/p/ pokemon in pokemon fire red. I am using unlz gba obviously and i find a diamond pearl sprite. If i use starly for example, when it appears in the wild the backround of it shows on it and part of the bottom of it is messed up. The first time i imported it on pidgey it wasnt indexed, so i changed it to 16 colors on infranview, then i wrote it to the rom and it said its aborting and its too big. After that i checked off everything besides auto abort and it let me write it to my hack. Thats when the messed up starly appeared in the game. Does anyone know what to do?
      #26578    
    Old September 15th, 2013 (12:16 PM). Edited September 15th, 2013 by Renegade.
    Renegade's Avatar
    Renegade Renegade is offline
    Time for real life...
       
      Join Date: Nov 2011
      Location: United States
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Careful
      Posts: 998
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by PokéMew151 View Post
      Ok i have hacked for several months now and i am having problems with putting d/p/ pokemon in pokemon fire red. I am using unlz gba obviously and i find a diamond pearl sprite. If i use starly for example, when it appears in the wild the backround of it shows on it and part of the bottom of it is messed up. The first time i imported it on pidgey it wasnt indexed, so i changed it to 16 colors on infranview, then i wrote it to the rom and it said its aborting and its too big. After that i checked off everything besides auto abort and it let me write it to my hack. Thats when the messed up starly appeared in the game. Does anyone know what to do?
      There's a MUCH easier method of inserting Pokemon sprites using Advanced Pokemon Sprite Editor. Here's a link to the thread:
      http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196143

      This program will index the image for you and inserting is super easy. Here's a tutorial for inserting sprites with Advanced Pokemon Sprite Editor:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwzQLxGCQ70

      Edit: You'll be needing these as well:
      http://www.mediafire.com/download/2n7211nkq17l62a/Battle_Sprites.rar
      That file has all 4th gen and 5th gen Pokemon Sprites completely compatible with Advanced Pokemon Sprite Editor.
      (Here is the original link to the sprites: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=267728)
        #26579    
      Old September 15th, 2013 (12:17 PM). Edited September 15th, 2013 by karatekid552.
      karatekid552's Avatar
      karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
      What happens if I push it?....
         
        Join Date: Nov 2012
        Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Bold
        Posts: 1,766
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by PokéMew151 View Post
        Ok i have hacked for several months now and i am having problems with putting d/p/ pokemon in pokemon fire red. I am using unlz gba obviously and i find a diamond pearl sprite. If i use starly for example, when it appears in the wild the backround of it shows on it and part of the bottom of it is messed up. The first time i imported it on pidgey it wasnt indexed, so i changed it to 16 colors on infranview, then i wrote it to the rom and it said its aborting and its too big. After that i checked off everything besides auto abort and it let me write it to my hack. Thats when the messed up starly appeared in the game. Does anyone know what to do?
        Ummmm, are they the original 80x80 ones from DP? Or resized 64x64?

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by SmgC View Post
        I resized it, maybe one day you could teach me how to make a rom with new sized rooms, until I have the time (and until your willing to do so) I will have to do without.
        Thank You for your help,
        SmgC
        1) File -> Map -> Create new map.

        2) Change the settings you want (the name part is bogus, don't even bother.)

        3) File -> Map -> Insert Map

        4) Choose a map bank and map #. You can easily create new map banks and such in this area.

        5) Edit your new map.

        6) Be creative!

        Note: If File -> Map is grayed out, it means you need to have a map already open to use it. It doesn't matter what map, it won't make a difference.
        __________________

        Paired with Simba
          #26580    
        Old September 15th, 2013 (3:16 PM).
        Kurapika's Avatar
        Kurapika Kurapika is offline
        Grudgebearer
           
          Join Date: Feb 2013
          Location: Lavendar Town - Morocco
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Naughty
          Posts: 406
          Is it just me, or does Oak's Tutorial type of battle go crazy when the player uses a 2nd Pokémon?
          __________________
            #26581    
          Old September 15th, 2013 (3:19 PM).
          GoGoJJTech's Avatar
          GoGoJJTech GoGoJJTech is offline
          (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
          • Gold Tier
           
          Join Date: Nov 2012
          Location: Earth
          Age: 18
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Jolly
          Posts: 2,477
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Kurapika View Post
          Is it just me, or does Oak's Tutorial type of battle go crazy when the player uses a 2nd Pokémon?
          It also goes crazy if you throw a ball. The point is, it's not programmed to handle a ball (because you have no balls in FR at the time) or a second pokemon (because you're not supposed to have hat either). Just kinda follow the set standard of FR up until that battle.
          __________________
          I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.
          The HGSS Music Patch - The BW/2 Music Patch - ASM: Switch Music Based on Seasons
          Romhack.me Profile - Pokecommunity Profile - Youtube Channel

          Support me at my site!
          Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue
            #26582    
          Old September 16th, 2013 (7:47 AM). Edited September 16th, 2013 by PokéMew.
          PokéMew's Avatar
          PokéMew PokéMew is offline
          Pokémon Fuchsia
          • Silver Tier
           
          Join Date: Sep 2013
          Location: Refresh
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Modest
          Posts: 490
          I downloaded APSE, and the sprites look great now!Thank you for your help and the video, CrystalStatic.

          I don't know if this is a common problem or not, but in APSE I tried to insert a png image of shadow lugia on normal lugia, and its colors where all messed up. I tried this on other pokemon too but did the same. Its colors turn from black, blue and red to completely white on any pokemon I try editing it with. It is also a 64 by 64 pic so the size is right. Is there a way I can fix this?
            #26583    
          Old September 16th, 2013 (10:04 AM).
          Rezordaxx's Avatar
          Rezordaxx Rezordaxx is offline
          Asks many questions!
             
            Join Date: Aug 2013
            Location: The Netherlands
            Age: 18
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 290
            When I use my Warp command in a script tile the message plays but when it warps the screen just goes black?

            can someone help?
            __________________

            My hack
              #26584    
            Old September 16th, 2013 (11:19 AM). Edited September 16th, 2013 by GoGoJJTech.
            GoGoJJTech's Avatar
            GoGoJJTech GoGoJJTech is offline
            (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
            • Gold Tier
             
            Join Date: Nov 2012
            Location: Earth
            Age: 18
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Jolly
            Posts: 2,477
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by PokéMew151 View Post
            I downloaded APSE, and the sprites look great now!Thank you for your help and the video, CrystalStatic.

            I don't know if this is a common problem or not, but in APSE I tried to insert a png image of shadow lugia on normal lugia, and its colors where all messed up. I tried this on other pokemon too but did the same. Its colors turn from black, blue and red to completely white on any pokemon I try editing it with. It is also a 64 by 64 pic so the size is right. Is there a way I can fix this?
            Press synchronize palettes to get the palettes in. No need to index.

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Rezordaxx View Post
            When I use my Warp command in a script tile the message plays but when it warps the screen just goes black?

            can someone help?
            Stop using A-map 1.95 then use 1.92 to port that map to another bank/map slot.
            __________________
            I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.
            The HGSS Music Patch - The BW/2 Music Patch - ASM: Switch Music Based on Seasons
            Romhack.me Profile - Pokecommunity Profile - Youtube Channel

            Support me at my site!
            Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue
              #26585    
            Old September 16th, 2013 (1:20 PM).
            Rezordaxx's Avatar
            Rezordaxx Rezordaxx is offline
            Asks many questions!
               
              Join Date: Aug 2013
              Location: The Netherlands
              Age: 18
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Relaxed
              Posts: 290
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
              Press synchronize palettes to get the palettes in. No need to index.



              Stop using A-map 1.95 then use 1.92 to port that map to another bank/map slot.
              I already use 1.92 and the map is for pallet town and that has 4.9 maps already and if i do 4.10 it always goes to black when i warp
              __________________

              My hack
                #26586    
              Old September 16th, 2013 (1:21 PM).
              GoGoJJTech's Avatar
              GoGoJJTech GoGoJJTech is offline
              (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
              • Gold Tier
               
              Join Date: Nov 2012
              Location: Earth
              Age: 18
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Jolly
              Posts: 2,477
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Rezordaxx View Post
              I already use 1.92 and the map is for pallet town and that has 4.9 maps already and if i do 4.10 it always goes to black when i warp
              Did you change warps though?
              __________________
              I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.
              The HGSS Music Patch - The BW/2 Music Patch - ASM: Switch Music Based on Seasons
              Romhack.me Profile - Pokecommunity Profile - Youtube Channel

              Support me at my site!
              Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue
                #26587    
              Old September 16th, 2013 (1:31 PM).
              Rezordaxx's Avatar
              Rezordaxx Rezordaxx is offline
              Asks many questions!
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2013
                Location: The Netherlands
                Age: 18
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Relaxed
                Posts: 290
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
                Did you change warps though?
                Yes i did but it always goes black around 4.10 4.11 4.12 and when i completely rebuild the map its fine....
                __________________

                My hack
                  #26588    
                Old September 16th, 2013 (1:32 PM).
                GoGoJJTech's Avatar
                GoGoJJTech GoGoJJTech is offline
                (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
                • Gold Tier
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2012
                Location: Earth
                Age: 18
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Jolly
                Posts: 2,477
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Rezordaxx View Post
                Yes i did but it always goes black around 4.10 4.11 4.12 and when i completely rebuild the map its fine....
                rebuilding is what you want since if the map is corrupted, it's corrupted.
                __________________
                I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.
                The HGSS Music Patch - The BW/2 Music Patch - ASM: Switch Music Based on Seasons
                Romhack.me Profile - Pokecommunity Profile - Youtube Channel

                Support me at my site!
                Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue
                  #26589    
                Old September 16th, 2013 (1:59 PM).
                Rezordaxx's Avatar
                Rezordaxx Rezordaxx is offline
                Asks many questions!
                   
                  Join Date: Aug 2013
                  Location: The Netherlands
                  Age: 18
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Relaxed
                  Posts: 290
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
                  rebuilding is what you want since if the map is corrupted, it's corrupted.
                  Allright rebuilding for the 3rd time then *sigh*
                  __________________

                  My hack
                    #26590    
                  Old September 16th, 2013 (6:05 PM).
                  Renegade's Avatar
                  Renegade Renegade is offline
                  Time for real life...
                     
                    Join Date: Nov 2011
                    Location: United States
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Careful
                    Posts: 998
                    Hey people~
                    Can someone point me to a tutorial for inserting new abilities for Pokemon? I don't want to replace any already existing abilities, I want to add new ones. Thanks~
                      #26591    
                    Old September 16th, 2013 (8:09 PM).
                    BlackHoleJanis's Avatar
                    BlackHoleJanis BlackHoleJanis is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Apr 2013
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 5
                      I watched Fuzzyketchuptuts video on hacking the title screen from his youtube show hack with me and I followed the directions but when I get the the title screen it is just completely black. I dont know what I did wrong. Ive done it twelve time step by step and it never works. Can anyone help?
                      __________________
                      Sometimes I fell like the only one who ever chose you, but I love you anyway Bulbasaur!
                        #26592    
                      Old September 16th, 2013 (10:53 PM).
                      Gigabyyyte's Avatar
                      Gigabyyyte Gigabyyyte is offline
                      Exploring the world of Kalos!
                         
                        Join Date: Aug 2013
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Relaxed
                        Posts: 33
                        Hey. I'm about to insert some HGSS sprites onto my FireRed ROM using Wichu's Advanced Pokémon Sprite Editor, so I just wanted to ask…

                        If I change the palettes of a certain Pokémon (say Bulbasaur), will another palette in-game be affected? Do every Pokémon use a different sprite palette, or are there only a select pool of palettes to choose from?
                        __________________


                          #26593    
                        Old September 16th, 2013 (11:12 PM).
                        Teh Blazer's Avatar
                        Teh Blazer Teh Blazer is offline
                        Divider of Zero
                           
                          Join Date: Feb 2009
                          Location: 'MERICA
                          Age: 22
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Relaxed
                          Posts: 772
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Gigabyyyte View Post
                          Hey. I'm about to insert some HGSS sprites onto my FireRed ROM using Wichu's Advanced Pokémon Sprite Editor, so I just wanted to ask…

                          If I change the palettes of a certain Pokémon (say Bulbasaur), will another palette in-game be affected? Do every Pokémon use a different sprite palette, or are there only a select pool of palettes to choose from?
                          Each Pokemon sprite has their own individual palette, it's just the overworlds and tiles that have a select pool of available palettes.
                          __________________
                          Being a hero is overrated anyways
                            #26594    
                          Old September 17th, 2013 (12:00 AM).
                          Gigabyyyte's Avatar
                          Gigabyyyte Gigabyyyte is offline
                          Exploring the world of Kalos!
                             
                            Join Date: Aug 2013
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Relaxed
                            Posts: 33
                            Hey, thanks for that. Umm, do the trainers have their own palettes too?
                            __________________


                              #26595    
                            Old September 17th, 2013 (7:53 AM).
                            Teh Blazer's Avatar
                            Teh Blazer Teh Blazer is offline
                            Divider of Zero
                               
                              Join Date: Feb 2009
                              Location: 'MERICA
                              Age: 22
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Relaxed
                              Posts: 772
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by BlackHoleJanis View Post
                              I watched Fuzzyketchuptuts video on hacking the title screen from his youtube show hack with me and I followed the directions but when I get the the title screen it is just completely black. I dont know what I did wrong. Ive done it twelve time step by step and it never works. Can anyone help?
                              Are you hacking fire red or ruby?

                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Gigabyyyte View Post
                              Hey, thanks for that. Umm, do the trainers have their own palettes too?
                              Yeah, the trainer pictures have their own palettes too. It's just their overworlds that don't.
                              __________________
                              Being a hero is overrated anyways
                                #26596    
                              Old September 17th, 2013 (8:50 AM).
                              Rezordaxx's Avatar
                              Rezordaxx Rezordaxx is offline
                              Asks many questions!
                                 
                                Join Date: Aug 2013
                                Location: The Netherlands
                                Age: 18
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Relaxed
                                Posts: 290
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Teh Blazer View Post
                                Are you hacking fire red or ruby?



                                Yeah, the trainer pictures have their own palettes too. It's just their overworlds that don't.
                                Yes I am hacking fire red.
                                __________________

                                My hack
                                  #26597    
                                Old September 17th, 2013 (11:01 AM).
                                Winter Wonderland's Avatar
                                Winter Wonderland Winter Wonderland is offline
                                Puts the fun in dysfunctional
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jun 2011
                                  Location: Florida
                                  Gender: Other
                                  Nature: Quirky
                                  Posts: 307
                                  I was wondering how to go about editing Oak's introductions in the beginning of the game. No, not his sprite, but what he says.

                                  Also the stuff before that with the white paper-ish thing on the blue background with the Pikachu.

                                  Help would be appreciated, thanks.
                                  __________________


                                  Some say the world will end in fire,
                                  Some say in ice.
                                  From what I've tasted of desire
                                  I hold with those who favor fire.
                                  But if it had to perish twice,
                                  I think I know enough of hate
                                  To say that for destruction ice
                                  Is also great
                                  And would suffice.
                                  Robert Frost, Fire and Ice.

                                  Play Me Casually | The Leola Project

                                    #26598    
                                  Old September 17th, 2013 (11:21 AM). Edited September 17th, 2013 by GoGoJJTech.
                                  GoGoJJTech's Avatar
                                  GoGoJJTech GoGoJJTech is offline
                                  (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
                                  • Gold Tier
                                   
                                  Join Date: Nov 2012
                                  Location: Earth
                                  Age: 18
                                  Gender: Female
                                  Nature: Jolly
                                  Posts: 2,477
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by BlackHoleJanis View Post
                                  I watched Fuzzyketchuptuts video on hacking the title screen from his youtube show hack with me and I followed the directions but when I get the the title screen it is just completely black. I dont know what I did wrong. Ive done it twelve time step by step and it never works. Can anyone help?
                                  Made sure the offset ended in 0,4,8, or C? Also Lz-77 compressed?

                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by CrystalStatic View Post
                                  Hey people~
                                  Can someone point me to a tutorial for inserting new abilities for Pokemon? I don't want to replace any already existing abilities, I want to add new ones. Thanks~
                                  ASM, and repointing the effect table, and name table.

                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Winter Wonderland View Post
                                  I was wondering how to go about editing Oak's introductions in the beginning of the game. No, not his sprite, but what he says.

                                  Also the stuff before that with the white paper-ish thing on the blue background with the Pikachu.

                                  Help would be appreciated, thanks.
                                  A-text. https://www.dropbox.com/s/jf0a7pwm5fiulyl/AdvanceText.zip
                                  __________________
                                  I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.
                                  The HGSS Music Patch - The BW/2 Music Patch - ASM: Switch Music Based on Seasons
                                  Romhack.me Profile - Pokecommunity Profile - Youtube Channel

                                  Support me at my site!
                                  Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue
                                    #26599    
                                  Old September 17th, 2013 (12:28 PM).
                                  Renegade's Avatar
                                  Renegade Renegade is offline
                                  Time for real life...
                                     
                                    Join Date: Nov 2011
                                    Location: United States
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Careful
                                    Posts: 998
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
                                    ASM, and repointing the effect table, and name table.
                                    ...Excuse me? That doesn't help whatsoever. I don't know where any of that is or how to edit it.
                                    That's why I asked for a tutorial because I can not find one :/
                                      #26600    
                                    Old September 17th, 2013 (1:20 PM).
                                    GoGoJJTech's Avatar
                                    GoGoJJTech GoGoJJTech is offline
                                    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
                                    • Gold Tier
                                     
                                    Join Date: Nov 2012
                                    Location: Earth
                                    Age: 18
                                    Gender: Female
                                    Nature: Jolly
                                    Posts: 2,477
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by CrystalStatic View Post
                                    ...Excuse me? That doesn't help whatsoever. I don't know where any of that is or how to edit it.
                                    That's why I asked for a tutorial because I can not find one :/
                                    There is none, and I have no knowledge of the effect table, but the name table's offset is in PGE's ini file. There is no tutorial either. Jambo51 did it, but he quit, so gl getting info.
                                    __________________
                                    I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.
                                    The HGSS Music Patch - The BW/2 Music Patch - ASM: Switch Music Based on Seasons
                                    Romhack.me Profile - Pokecommunity Profile - Youtube Channel

                                    Support me at my site!
                                    Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue
                                    Closed Thread

                                    Quick Reply

                                    Join the conversation!

                                    Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                    Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                    Sponsored Links
                                    Thread Tools

                                    Posting Rules
                                    You may not post new threads
                                    You may not post replies
                                    You may not post attachments
                                    You may not edit your posts

                                    BB code is On
                                    Smilies are On
                                    [IMG] code is On
                                    HTML code is Off

                                    Forum Jump


                                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:08 AM.