ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #26701    
Old September 27th, 2013 (3:23 PM).
CRaTeR's Avatar
CRaTeR CRaTeR is offline
Emperor of Aragon
     
    Join Date: Sep 2009
    Age: 21
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Quiet
    Posts: 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
    You must create ASM routines, use a save block hack, expand the bag's length, Expand all pokemon moveset compatibility to include for the new TMs, etc.
    I think you get the point
    Ah, gotcha. That's disappointing, but thanks for the quick answer.

    Relevant Advertising!

      #26702    
    Old September 27th, 2013 (5:42 PM).
    PokéMew's Avatar
    PokéMew PokéMew is offline
    Pokémon Fuchsia
    • Silver Tier
     
    Join Date: Sep 2013
    Location: Refresh
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Modest
    Posts: 490
    Sorry, got another question...
    Is there any sort of way I can create my own pokeball that I designed, mabe using unlz gba to design it or something like that, and if so how would I make it work? (Example: pokeball has ___chance catching pokémon. My pokeball has ???? Chance of catching)
      #26703    
    Old September 27th, 2013 (6:54 PM).
    GoGoJJTech's Avatar
    GoGoJJTech GoGoJJTech is offline
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    • Gold Tier
     
    Join Date: Nov 2012
    Location: Earth
    Age: 18
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Jolly
    Posts: 2,477
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PokéMew151 View Post
    Sorry, got another question...
    Is there any sort of way I can create my own pokeball that I designed, mabe using unlz gba to design it or something like that, and if so how would I make it work? (Example: pokeball has ___chance catching pokémon. My pokeball has ???? Chance of catching)
    You would need to expand item table, item image table, item effect table, add the image, pal, maybe custom ASM so it can function, all that Jazz.
    __________________
    I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.
    The HGSS Music Patch - The BW/2 Music Patch - ASM: Switch Music Based on Seasons
    Romhack.me Profile - Pokecommunity Profile - Youtube Channel

    Support me at my site!
    Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue
      #26704    
    Old September 27th, 2013 (11:21 PM).
    daniilS's Avatar
    daniilS daniilS is offline
    busy trying to do stuff not done yet
       
      Join Date: Aug 2013
      Age: 18
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 409
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by PokéMew151 View Post
      Sorry, got another question...
      Is there any sort of way I can create my own pokeball that I designed, mabe using unlz gba to design it or something like that, and if so how would I make it work? (Example: pokeball has ___chance catching pokémon. My pokeball has ???? Chance of catching)
      I'm currently researching ball hacking myself. this post by JPAN explains how to make a ball with a predefined catchrate.This post explains how to create items themselves. With some asm knowledge, you can create balls with a variable rate. What I am trying to figure out is the throwing animation.
        #26705    
      Old September 28th, 2013 (12:43 AM).
      Lori55 Lori55 is offline
         
        Join Date: Oct 2011
        Posts: 62
        I'm really sorry if I'm writing this in the wrong section, But I need a guide to edit stationary pokemon levels on HG SS for my hack, I also need to change the levels of the gift pokemon.
          #26706    
        Old September 28th, 2013 (4:00 AM).
        Gigabyyyte's Avatar
        Gigabyyyte Gigabyyyte is offline
        Exploring the world of Kalos!
           
          Join Date: Aug 2013
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Relaxed
          Posts: 33
          Hmm, got a question here.

          How do I create custom evolution stones? I know Jambo51 has this ASM hack on it, but I really need it for my hack. Does anybody else here know how?
          __________________


            #26707    
          Old September 28th, 2013 (6:10 AM).
          GoGoJJTech's Avatar
          GoGoJJTech GoGoJJTech is offline
          (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
          • Gold Tier
           
          Join Date: Nov 2012
          Location: Earth
          Age: 18
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Jolly
          Posts: 2,477
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Gigabyyyte View Post
          Hmm, got a question here.

          How do I create custom evolution stones? I know Jambo51 has this ASM hack on it, but I really need it for my hack. Does anybody else here know how?
          Karatekid has a thread on it. Here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296729
          __________________
          I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.
          The HGSS Music Patch - The BW/2 Music Patch - ASM: Switch Music Based on Seasons
          Romhack.me Profile - Pokecommunity Profile - Youtube Channel

          Support me at my site!
          Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue
            #26708    
          Old September 28th, 2013 (8:18 AM).
          Gigabyyyte's Avatar
          Gigabyyyte Gigabyyyte is offline
          Exploring the world of Kalos!
             
            Join Date: Aug 2013
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 33
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
            Karatekid has a thread on it. Here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296729
            TOO COOL! Thanks a lot, gogojjtech. :D
            __________________


              #26709    
            Old September 28th, 2013 (10:17 AM).
            Misledangel's Avatar
            Misledangel Misledangel is offline
               
              Join Date: Sep 2013
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Quiet
              Posts: 39
              how do u hack :/ habitats data of pokedex in firered ? i.e what if i want a pokemon to appear in rare ?
                #26710    
              Old September 28th, 2013 (8:05 PM).
              karatekid552's Avatar
              karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
              What happens if I push it?....
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2012
                Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Bold
                Posts: 1,766
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Misledangel View Post
                how do u hack :/ habitats data of pokedex in firered ? i.e what if i want a pokemon to appear in rare ?
                Advance map, wild data tab for that map. There will be a table. The first slot is the most common, the last slot is the rarest.
                __________________

                Paired with Simba
                  #26711    
                Old September 28th, 2013 (8:53 PM).
                Sliter's Avatar
                Sliter Sliter is offline
                Gaijin Trainer
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2013
                  Location: Brazil
                  Nature: Timid
                  Posts: 76
                  This is mostly curiosity for now but there's any patch to "turn off" the capitial letters from pokemon names and stufs in GBA roms? and maybe for DS rom too?
                  (I mean Pokedex but instead of " PIKACHU" be "Pikachu" , I saw some hackings this way but not sure if they do everything manually)
                  __________________
                    #26712    
                  Old September 29th, 2013 (12:00 AM).
                  kearnseyboy6's Avatar
                  kearnseyboy6 kearnseyboy6 is offline
                  Aussie's Toughest Mudder
                     
                    Join Date: Dec 2008
                    Posts: 300
                    Does anyone get how the 1F, 2F, 3F appear in Silph Co, it cant be a map script but is it the 07 ??? option? Is there any tuts on this?
                    __________________
                    HOLIDAYING CURRENTLY!!
                      #26713    
                    Old September 29th, 2013 (2:10 AM).
                    Misledangel's Avatar
                    Misledangel Misledangel is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Sep 2013
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Quiet
                      Posts: 39
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                      Advance map, wild data tab for that map. There will be a table. The first slot is the most common, the last slot is the rarest.
                      no i meant like in firered pokedex there is a pokemon habitats menu such as grassland pokemon , mountain pokemon etc how do u change that which pokemon appear in grassland which appear in rough-terrian etc ?
                        #26714    
                      Old September 29th, 2013 (2:17 AM).
                      chrunch chrunch is offline
                      • Gold Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Oct 2009
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 1,349
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Sliter View Post
                      This is mostly curiosity for now but there's any patch to "turn off" the capitial letters from pokemon names and stufs in GBA roms? and maybe for DS rom too?
                      (I mean Pokedex but instead of " PIKACHU" be "Pikachu" , I saw some hackings this way but not sure if they do everything manually)
                      For the 3rd gen ROMs, there are a few. Just have a look around.
                      http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=4835878&postcount=229
                      __________________
                        #26715    
                      Old September 29th, 2013 (5:24 AM). Edited September 29th, 2013 by karatekid552.
                      karatekid552's Avatar
                      karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                      What happens if I push it?....
                         
                        Join Date: Nov 2012
                        Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Bold
                        Posts: 1,766
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by kearnseyboy6 View Post
                        Does anyone get how the 1F, 2F, 3F appear in Silph Co, it cant be a map script but is it the 07 ??? option? Is there any tuts on this?
                        I will take a look at this tonight. Send me a pm to remind me.

                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Misledangel View Post
                        no i meant like in firered pokedex there is a pokemon habitats menu such as grassland pokemon , mountain pokemon etc how do u change that which pokemon appear in grassland which appear in rough-terrian etc ?
                        Ohhh, hmm. I'm pretty sure it is just a table. Look in R&D and tutorials. There may be something to help you.
                        __________________

                        Paired with Simba
                          #26716    
                        Old September 29th, 2013 (8:18 AM). Edited September 29th, 2013 by PokéMew.
                        PokéMew's Avatar
                        PokéMew PokéMew is offline
                        Pokémon Fuchsia
                        • Silver Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2013
                        Location: Refresh
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Modest
                        Posts: 490
                        Ok I am really sorry to interupt, again... But I have yet another question, make that two.

                        1. Whenever I try to edit ANY image on unlz gba, it always turns out the completly wrong colors. All I do is save the image, edit the picture on paint, then index it on infranview. Afterwards I import it on unlz gba and write it to the rom. Then I test it and the colors are messed up. Any Ideas?


                        2. I have been trying to script with xse, and whenever I test it in the game, the player has a glitched up message, then the game freezes. This is my message:


                        #dynamic 0x800000
                        #org @start
                        Lock
                        Faceplayer
                        Message @1 0x6
                        Release
                        End


                        #org @1
                        =This is\nGranite Town.




                        After that I click compile and click copy. Then I paste it over the numbers before 0x on the persons script offset or whatever in advanced map. Then when I test it its messed up.
                        Help?


                        Thank You and please reply, help is very much appriciated.

                        Oh and I forgot to mention in my previous post, xse is version 1.0.0.0, im not sure if that is the newest version or not
                          #26717    
                        Old September 29th, 2013 (8:38 AM). Edited September 29th, 2013 by GoGoJJTech.
                        GoGoJJTech's Avatar
                        GoGoJJTech GoGoJJTech is offline
                        (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
                        • Gold Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Nov 2012
                        Location: Earth
                        Age: 18
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Jolly
                        Posts: 2,477
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Sliter View Post
                        This is mostly curiosity for now but there's any patch to "turn off" the capitial letters from pokemon names and stufs in GBA roms? and maybe for DS rom too?
                        (I mean Pokedex but instead of " PIKACHU" be "Pikachu" , I saw some hackings this way but not sure if they do everything manually)
                        There are de-capitalization patches, and they include item names too, for the GBA. Check the ROM hacking resources thread.

                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by PokéMew151 View Post
                        Ok I am really sorry to interupt, again... But I have yet another question, make that two.

                        1. Whenever I try to edit ANY image on unlz gba, it always turns out the completly wrong colors. All I do is save the image, edit the picture on paint, then index it on infranview. Afterwards I import it on unlz gba and write it to the rom. Then I test it and the colors are messed up. Any Ideas?


                        2. I have been trying to script with xse, and whenever I test it in the game, the player has a glitched up message, then the game freezes. This is my message:


                        #dynamic 0x800000
                        #org @start
                        Lock
                        Faceplayer
                        Message @1 0x6
                        Release
                        End


                        #org @1
                        =This is\nGranite Town.




                        After that I click compile and click copy. Then I paste it over the numbers before 0x on the persons script offset or whatever in advanced map. Then when I test it its messed up.
                        Help?


                        Thank You and please reply, help is very much appriciated.

                        Oh and I forgot to mention in my previous post, xse is version 1.0.0.0, im not sure if that is the newest version or not
                        1: You forgot to edit the palette, so of course it won't load the correct colors.
                        2: The newest XSE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0t2wylmh4juzvux/Unofficial_XSE.zip
                        Test that script again after compiling.
                        __________________
                        I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.
                        The HGSS Music Patch - The BW/2 Music Patch - ASM: Switch Music Based on Seasons
                        Romhack.me Profile - Pokecommunity Profile - Youtube Channel

                        Support me at my site!
                        Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue
                          #26718    
                        Old September 29th, 2013 (10:24 AM).
                        PokéMew's Avatar
                        PokéMew PokéMew is offline
                        Pokémon Fuchsia
                        • Silver Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2013
                        Location: Refresh
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Modest
                        Posts: 490
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
                        1: You forgot to edit the palette, so of course it won't load the correct colors.
                        2: The newest XSE.: Test that script again after compiling.
                        Thanks! The XSE works finally now, but how to you edit the pallette? Sorry I am terrible at unlz😔...
                          #26719    
                        Old September 29th, 2013 (10:25 AM).
                        GoGoJJTech's Avatar
                        GoGoJJTech GoGoJJTech is offline
                        (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
                        • Gold Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Nov 2012
                        Location: Earth
                        Age: 18
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Jolly
                        Posts: 2,477
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by PokéMew151 View Post
                        Thanks! The XSE works finally now, but how to you edit the pallette? Sorry I am terrible at unlz😔...
                        Click Import palette along with import image, and repoint too man.
                        __________________
                        I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.
                        The HGSS Music Patch - The BW/2 Music Patch - ASM: Switch Music Based on Seasons
                        Romhack.me Profile - Pokecommunity Profile - Youtube Channel

                        Support me at my site!
                        Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue
                          #26720    
                        Old September 29th, 2013 (11:31 AM).
                        PokéMew's Avatar
                        PokéMew PokéMew is offline
                        Pokémon Fuchsia
                        • Silver Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2013
                        Location: Refresh
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Modest
                        Posts: 490
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
                        Click Import palette along with import image, and repoint too man.
                        Ive just about given up now, because when I export all of those things, the backround stays with the image and the outer lines that were black are now white!!!!😭😭😭 Unless I am wrong, I think you ment export image and palette, but if not that is probably the problem. I just dont see how one software could be so rediculously agrivating!!!! Please tell me if you know what the problem is, I seriously hope it isnt my hack...
                          #26721    
                        Old September 29th, 2013 (11:34 AM).
                        GoGoJJTech's Avatar
                        GoGoJJTech GoGoJJTech is offline
                        (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
                        • Gold Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Nov 2012
                        Location: Earth
                        Age: 18
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Jolly
                        Posts: 2,477
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by PokéMew151 View Post
                        Ive just about given up now, because when I export all of those things, the backround stays with the image and the outer lines that were black are now white!!!!😭😭😭 Unless I am wrong, I think you ment export image and palette, but if not that is probably the problem. I just dont see how one software could be so rediculously agrivating!!!! Please tell me if you know what the problem is, I seriously hope it isnt my hack...
                        Well it could be a simple answer, I just can't picture what you mean...
                        And if it's pokemon sprites there's a WAY better alternative
                        __________________
                        I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.
                        The HGSS Music Patch - The BW/2 Music Patch - ASM: Switch Music Based on Seasons
                        Romhack.me Profile - Pokecommunity Profile - Youtube Channel

                        Support me at my site!
                        Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue
                          #26722    
                        Old September 29th, 2013 (11:40 AM).
                        PokéMew's Avatar
                        PokéMew PokéMew is offline
                        Pokémon Fuchsia
                        • Silver Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2013
                        Location: Refresh
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Modest
                        Posts: 490
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
                        Well it could be a simple answer, I just can't picture what you mean...
                        And if it's pokemon sprites there's a WAY better alternative
                        Ya I know what you mean, APSE.
                        Well, thanks anyway for the help gogojjtech!
                          #26723    
                        Old September 29th, 2013 (11:41 AM).
                        GoGoJJTech's Avatar
                        GoGoJJTech GoGoJJTech is offline
                        (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
                        • Gold Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Nov 2012
                        Location: Earth
                        Age: 18
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Jolly
                        Posts: 2,477
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by PokéMew151 View Post
                        Ya I know what you mean, APSE.
                        Well, thanks anyway for the help gogojjtech!
                        Plus NSE is a better alternative to UN-LZ altogether.
                        __________________
                        I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.
                        The HGSS Music Patch - The BW/2 Music Patch - ASM: Switch Music Based on Seasons
                        Romhack.me Profile - Pokecommunity Profile - Youtube Channel

                        Support me at my site!
                        Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue
                          #26724    
                        Old September 29th, 2013 (11:59 AM).
                        PokéMew's Avatar
                        PokéMew PokéMew is offline
                        Pokémon Fuchsia
                        • Silver Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2013
                        Location: Refresh
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Modest
                        Posts: 490
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
                        Plus NSE is a better alternative to UN-LZ altogether.
                        Wait, can you go to other images in NSE besides the 151 indexes and bookmarks?
                          #26725    
                        Old September 29th, 2013 (12:36 PM). Edited September 29th, 2013 by DrFuji.
                        karatekid552's Avatar
                        karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                        What happens if I push it?....
                           
                          Join Date: Nov 2012
                          Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Bold
                          Posts: 1,766
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by PokéMew151 View Post
                          Wait, can you go to other images in NSE besides the 151 indexes and bookmarks?
                          You can view any image. You just need to know the offset and you can browse to it.

                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
                          Plus NSE is a better alternative to UN-LZ altogether.
                          Well, NSE can't handle .RAW. GBA Graphics editor can be buggy with .RAWs in 256 color for some reason, so I always keep Un-Lz handy.

                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by kearnseyboy6 View Post
                          Does anyone get how the 1F, 2F, 3F appear in Silph Co, it cant be a map script but is it the 07 ??? option? Is there any tuts on this?
                          I ran some tests and it is indeed the "07 ???" option. My personal guess: when the map is loaded and the byte is checked, there is a branch for 07, which then checks the map's names. If it is Silph Co., then it branches down and checks the map's number to find out which floor it is. Let me see if that is correct....

                          Edit: Never mind, it is not the "07 ???". The 06 choice (Show village names) still displays the floor number. However, I still believe that there is a check for the map name and then number so it can load the appropriate floor number.
                          __________________

                          Paired with Simba
                          Closed Thread

                          Quick Reply

                          Join the conversation!

                          Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                          Create a PokéCommunity Account

                          Sponsored Links
                          Thread Tools

                          Posting Rules
                          You may not post new threads
                          You may not post replies
                          You may not post attachments
                          You may not edit your posts

                          BB code is On
                          Smilies are On
                          [IMG] code is On
                          HTML code is Off

                          Forum Jump


                          All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:54 PM.