ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Draconius GO
Closed Thread

Old October 21st, 2013 (11:38 AM).

I have made a town and I also made a route that exits the town. I'm in that route, and I battle a trainer. I lose. Then, my question is, how do I change where you go after you panic (In this case, back to my own house to where the mom heals your Pokemon for you) Since I have not made it to a Pokemon center yet. Is this all in script? If so, I need help.. Thanks!

Relevant Advertising!

Old October 21st, 2013 (11:40 AM).
    Divider of Zero

Nature: Relaxed
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by ep!c View Post
      Depending on what you want to hack, the table looks different..
      There is no main style how table are built.
      I was wanting to make a table full of pointers, how would I construct that?
      Old October 21st, 2013 (12:07 PM).
      Limited Capacity

Nature: Naive
        This question might have been answered, but I never found it. Can the cry table be extended so that, in Ruby, the Pokémon between Celebi and Treecko have their own distinct cries instead of the Unown's cry? I've been wanting to know if anyone can help me with this, because for months I've been trying to figure it out, and I know that it is possible.

Pokémon Theta Emerald EX: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=386240
        Old October 21st, 2013 (12:12 PM).
        Pokémon Fuchsia
        • Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by iZackefx View Post
        I have made a town and I also made a route that exits the town. I'm in that route, and I battle a trainer. I lose. Then, my question is, how do I change where you go after you panic (In this case, back to my own house to where the mom heals your Pokemon for you) Since I have not made it to a Pokemon center yet. Is this all in script? If so, I need help.. Thanks!
        No matter what, you always end up in the last place your pokemon were healed, besides if a trainer healed them. So only at your house or a pkmn center. For example, say you were in pewter city and you healed there, then you made it to cerulean city. When you got there you didnt heal and you lost a battle. You would end up in the pewter city center. However, if you healed in cerulean before you lost that battle, you would end up in the cerulean center instead since it was the last place you healed. Correct me if this isnt what your asking.

Btw, can anyone help me on my map question earlier???
        Old October 21st, 2013 (12:19 PM).

Is there an XSE command that lets you change what the PC OW looks like (Say you joined team rocket and you got the uniform, you turn from the default PC OW to Male/female grunt OW)
          Apparently JPANs hacked engine can do that, but i don't really understand all that stuff
          Old October 21st, 2013 (5:20 PM). Edited October 21st, 2013 by karatekid552.
          What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Kaabii can't hack View Post
            Is there an XSE command that lets you change what the PC OW looks like (Say you joined team rocket and you got the uniform, you turn from the default PC OW to Male/female grunt OW)
            Apparently JPANs hacked engine can do that, but i don't really understand all that stuff
            Nope, no command. Just practice and eventually you will understand. Trust me. It took a few read throughs, but after a while, you will get it.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by iZackefx View Post
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by PokéMew151 View Post
            No matter what, you always end up in the last place your pokemon were healed, besides if a trainer healed them. So only at your house or a pkmn center. For example, say you were in pewter city and you healed there, then you made it to cerulean city. When you got there you didnt heal and you lost a battle. You would end up in the pewter city center. However, if you healed in cerulean before you lost that battle, you would end up in the cerulean center instead since it was the last place you healed. Correct me if this isnt what your asking.

Btw, can anyone help me on my map question earlier???
            For both of you: sethealingplace command. Hit F1 in XSE and look for it.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by LCCoolJ95 View Post
            This question might have been answered, but I never found it. Can the cry table be extended so that, in Ruby, the Pokémon between Celebi and Treecko have their own distinct cries instead of the Unown's cry? I've been wanting to know if anyone can help me with this, because for months I've been trying to figure it out, and I know that it is possible.
            First, you answered your own question:

Can the cry table be extended...?//I know that it is possible.

Second, this is one of those hacker specific things that makes hacking fun: research.

1) Find the table.
            2) Understand the table.
            3) Try to expand it.
            3.5) Deal with limiters (if present).
            4) Deal with any bugs you make.

This is how 90% of research goes in hacking. It becomes easier once you learn ASM.

Paired with Simba
            Old October 22nd, 2013 (12:19 AM).
            • Gold Tier

So I just finished inserting a new path tile, but after testing it out I've found a weird bug with it. I think I know what's caused it but I can't really change the palette now. Here's a screenshot of before the bug:

Looks normal, but this is what happens once I enter the house:

Most of the path tiles turn into parts of the door animation. I'm thinking it's because they're sharing the palette of the door (or I overwrote some important tiles).

When I leave the house again, it's still there. It won't disappear until I exit the map. Is there any way I can fix this without changing to a different palette or tileset?
            Old October 22nd, 2013 (1:11 AM).
            Oh Hai Thar~
            • Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
            ^ check his post above mine~
            move your path tiles elsewhere in your tileset.
            you probably have placed your path tiles on the part of the tileset where the ROM uses those blank space for the animation thingy...

that happened to me before. not sure if the same applies to FireRed ROMs...

FC: 0061-1111-6462
            TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

Old October 22nd, 2013 (2:20 AM). Edited October 22nd, 2013 by daniilS.
            busy trying to do stuff not done yet

Is there a way to force evolution in Pokémon FireRed? Like a cheat or a small edit of some ram bytes? I need this for debugging purposes.
              Old October 22nd, 2013 (2:31 AM). Edited October 22nd, 2013 by karatekid552.
              What happens if I push it?....

Quote:
                Originally Posted by daniilS View Post
                Is there a way to force evolution in Pokémon FireRed? Like a cheat or a small edit of some ram bytes? I need this for debugging purposes.
                Rare candies my friend. Just make a quick script that gives you unlimited of them. Delete the script later.

Quote:
                Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
                So I just finished inserting a new path tile, but after testing it out I've found a weird bug with it. I think I know what's caused it but I can't really change the palette now. Here's a screenshot of before the bug:
                Spoiler:

Looks normal, but this is what happens once I enter the house:
                Spoiler:

Most of the path tiles turn into parts of the door animation. I'm thinking it's because they're sharing the palette of the door (or I overwrote some important tiles).
                Spoiler:

When I leave the house again, it's still there. It won't disappear until I exit the map. Is there any way I can fix this without changing to a different palette or tileset?

Quote:
                Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
                move your path tiles elsewhere in your tileset.
                you probably have placed your path tiles on the part of the tileset where the ROM uses those blank space for the animation thingy...

that happened to me before. not sure if the same applies to FireRed ROMs...
                Yes, this has happened to most of us on all games. There are certain tiles in every tileset used to temporarily store that door animation. So, move your path somewhere else.

Paired with Simba
                Old October 22nd, 2013 (4:20 AM).
                Memento Mori
                • Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Goatie View Post
                Does a pokémon you fully maxed in Pokémon Amie still be at max. when you trade it back and forth with someone?

I'm planning on sending a few pokémon towards my White 2 game because I need some move tutor moves.
                This is question thread solely for ROM hacking problems not for X&Y questions.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                Old October 22nd, 2013 (4:53 AM).
                Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
                  Does anyone know of some good cheating tool that generates Pokémon with specific IVs, nature, EVs, moves, ... for FireRed?? (like PokeGen for DPP, HGSS, BW, BW2)
                  Old October 22nd, 2013 (9:47 AM).

Is it possible to actually ADD new sprites to the game? There is a bunch of R/S/E trainer sprites (those used when you battle them) that arent used elsewhere, but Im very short on those small, walking-around sprites outside of battles. Every tutorial I have seen are just how to 'replace'.
                    Old October 22nd, 2013 (10:05 AM). Edited October 22nd, 2013 by ep!c.
                    Banned

You can for sure expand the sprite table.
                      Just take the offset of the first sprite, make a pointer of it, search this
                      string in the hex editor and repoint the table.
                      Only hard thing would be setting up the new table..
                      Thats what I guess, but im not sure.
                      Old October 22nd, 2013 (10:12 AM).

For some reason, I get the feeling that this will be extremely messy when I try to open it with XSE.. Cause there are no programs to do this, or tutorials?

As a backup plan, do you know if those dolls in the far end are used in the game somewhere?
                        Old October 22nd, 2013 (10:17 AM).
                        Banned

Ah sorry you meant Overworlds..
                          Well that requires an engine-hack, such as JPANS engine..
                          Old October 22nd, 2013 (10:30 AM).

ooooo, this thing will keep me busy a while :D Thanks a bunch
                            Old October 22nd, 2013 (11:01 AM).
                            Working...Don't bother me...

Hi everyone I found this 3DS emulator and it seems VERY legitimate, can someone download it and tell me whether it's just another scam or whatnot...
                              Link:here
                              (and if it is legitimate, can someone upload it to MediaFire or RapidShare so that anyone could download it without going through the mess of unlocking a survey...).
                              Old October 22nd, 2013 (11:32 AM). Edited October 22nd, 2013 by catroZ.
                              Working...Don't bother me...

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by mr.Alpha View Post
                                I can tell you here and now that surveys are 99% fakes.
                                If somebody uses a link with surveys there's a huge chance you're just spending the next hour figuring out there's no link behind it.
                                But, I will try to see if this is one of them and i'll tell you.

Edit:
                                No download link behind the "download now" button. Sorry to spoil the fun, it's a fake.
                                proof:
                                Spoiler:

If anyone finds i'm lying, please tell me, I use google chrome for this.
                                I am not too familiar with PHP and HTML, so I could be wrong.
                                Sorry, but did you actually try to click the button?
                                Old October 22nd, 2013 (12:11 PM).
                                • Gold Tier

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by zortac View Post
                                Hi everyone I found this 3DS emulator and it seems VERY legitimate, can someone download it and tell me whether it's just another scam or whatnot...
                                Link:here
                                (and if it is legitimate, can someone upload it to MediaFire or RapidShare so that anyone could download it without going through the mess of unlocking a survey...).
                                There currently are not any 3DS emulators. It's not. If there was one released there would be a lot of news about it.
                                Old October 22nd, 2013 (12:13 PM). Edited October 22nd, 2013 by Kaabii can't hack.

I'm pretty sure that there is no such thing as a 3DS emulator at this current moment

That link is most likely a scam/virus and i would advise not clicking on it

Question, How do i hide/show a sprite using a flag set elsewhere? Do i make a level script that checks flags?
                                  Old October 22nd, 2013 (3:05 PM).
                                  Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
                                    I am 100% sure there is no 3DS emulator out there, and there will be none for years, to not say never...

@Kaabii can't hack, your question is vague.
                                    Old October 22nd, 2013 (5:24 PM).
                                    Winter Wonderland Winter Wonderland is offline
                                    Puts the fun in dysfunctional

Nature: Quirky
                                      Evolution problem. Whenever I get to an evolution, it'll play the entire animation of evolving, and it'll tell me that my Pokemon evolved into the next Pokemon, but then it'll freeze once you press A to continue. Any help?

Some say the world will end in fire,
                                      Some say in ice.
                                      From what I've tasted of desire
                                      I hold with those who favor fire.
                                      But if it had to perish twice,
                                      I think I know enough of hate
                                      To say that for destruction ice
                                      Is also great
                                      And would suffice.
                                      Robert Frost, Fire and Ice.

Play Me Casually | The Leola Project

Old October 22nd, 2013 (10:14 PM).
                                      • Gold Tier

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Winter Wonderland View Post
                                      Evolution problem. Whenever I get to an evolution, it'll play the entire animation of evolving, and it'll tell me that my Pokemon evolved into the next Pokemon, but then it'll freeze once you press A to continue. Any help?
                                      Did you use the hack that allows you to evolve pokemon from the national dex without having it?
                                      Old October 22nd, 2013 (10:33 PM).
                                      Pianoist

Nature: Serious
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Kaabii can't hack View Post
                                        I'm pretty sure that there is no such thing as a 3DS emulator at this current moment

That link is most likely a scam/virus and i would advise not clicking on it

Question, How do i hide/show a sprite using a flag set elsewhere? Do i make a level script that checks flags?
                                        I don't understand some of the things you said. But this is what I understand.
                                        Checkflag at the start and setflag in the end of the script. hidesprite before the setflag.

Code:
                                        #Dynamic 0x(offset)
                                        #org @start
                                        checkflag 0x(flag)
                                        (insert script here)
                                        hidesprite 0x(sprite number)
                                        setflag 0x(flag)
                                        apply the flag onto the sprite on a advance map. The sprite should be hidden
                                        after the end of the script.

if the sprite is hidden then do the same thing but showsprite now.

Code:
                                        #Dynamic 0x(offset)
                                        #org @start
                                        checkflag 0x(flag)
                                        (insert script here)
                                        showsprite 0x(sprite number)
                                        setflag 0x(flag)
                                        it should clearly work without a doubt.

Quick Reply