The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacking
[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread

Old October 31st, 2013 (2:51 AM).
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
    Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kaedearagaki View Post
    Yes, I am using the latest version.
    Okay, then I will give you my speech:

LATEST VERSION != STABLE VERSION

1.95 is an unfinished, open beta. It has bugs. It has issues. It says that right on the download page.

1.92 is a stable version with only one or two bugs that never cause too many issues. It also can do almost everything 1.95 can. 1.95 has only 3 new features: tileset adding (which can be done by hand), bucket fill (which, if you are using, your maps will be boring), and a "replace all of same type" bucket fill (only useful feature). Just use 1.92.

Paired with Simba

Relevant Advertising!

Old October 31st, 2013 (4:45 AM).
    Banned

I will tell you why 1.92 sucks sometimes:

>saving tilesets as independend bitmap (.dib), sucks to open with paint.
      >palettes are not RGB but RBG which can **** up tileset-porting.
      >levelscripts on more than one map can bug by having same variable and script-offset.
      >No "Fill" or "Magic wand" function

I suggest you to use the different versions, depending on what you want to do.
      Old October 31st, 2013 (9:42 AM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by kaedearagaki View Post
        About that, you should read gogojtech's tutorial http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=301027
        Finally I fixed this problem, thanks you very much~
        Old October 31st, 2013 (10:04 AM).
        Gaijin Trainer

Nature: Timid
          I'm a bit lost on my Patinum translation/minor hacking , someone could help me please?
          For the charcater names I find some on the text file I got with TheNewPokeText (Pl_msg.narc) and I think isn't all there, Like for Cynthia and Cyrus to show in battle as example, the sabe with some trainer classes, I found a few but not all of them are there, maybe they are on another file, not on the Pl_msg.narc?(And about the msg.narc that are text from D/P, the platinum make any use of this file or is just a leftover?)

Another idea is for an extra on the translation, but could be usefull for someone that want to play the platinum nowadays: I want to hide some of the event key itens, for the darkrai event, shaymin event and and stufs, as example, I want to hide the Oak's letter on a corner in the Rowan's laboratory, if the player go and press A, will find the item there, just a example of what I want to do, locating it as a common item in a pokeball too
          Old October 31st, 2013 (11:20 AM).

Hi, how do you play pokemon hacks? How do you save on them and get them? I know nothing about them and really want to play them, can you please help me? I will be so happy if you do!
            Old October 31st, 2013 (12:12 PM).
            • Gold Tier

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Mewpika View Post
            Hi, how do you play pokemon hacks? How do you save on them and get them? I know nothing about them and really want to play them, can you please help me? I will be so happy if you do! :)
            http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=73966
            Old October 31st, 2013 (1:55 PM).
            Divider of Zero

Nature: Relaxed
              I know I saw them here recently but for the life of me, I can't seem to find the offsets to the mom and pokecenter script that activate when the player's pokemon faint. Can anybody remind me what they are?
              Old October 31st, 2013 (9:24 PM).
              Former Pokemon League Champion

Nature: Gentle
                hi ive been searching everywhere for this but i have a few questions

1 is there a way to edit the new game intro where prof birch tells you about your adventure and how you moved to littleroot town

2.is there a way to edit the script that is used when you leave the truck where your mom tells you about the town and makes you go to your room and set the clock and all that i clicked the sprite of mom at the door but it doesnt mention that just about getting a pokemon from birch and getting the running shoes(cuz if im gonna have a diff map im starting in i dont want mom to tell me about riding in the truck)

3. is there a way to change the map you start in instead of the truck( yes i ahve the starting map chooser but what i mean is can i change the map without it affecting the script

4. also i noticed that after extensively modifying my pokemon hack rom the music in the background changes slightly like a beep instead of another instrument is this fixable?

also if you can pm me your answers i very seldom post in threads and when i do i tend to forget so if you could thanks in advance

Old October 31st, 2013 (9:27 PM).
                Puts the fun in dysfunctional

Nature: Quirky
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JordanB500 View Post

1 is there a way to edit the new game intro where prof birch tells you about your adventure and how you moved to littleroot town

2.is there a way to edit the script that is used when you leave the truck where your mom tells you about the town and makes you go to your room and set the clock and all that i clicked the sprite of mom at the door but it doesnt mention that just about getting a pokemon from birch and getting the running shoes(cuz if im gonna have a diff map im starting in i dont want mom to tell me about riding in the truck)

3. is there a way to change the map you start in instead of the truck( yes i ahve the starting map chooser but what i mean is can i change the map without it affecting the script

4. also i noticed that after extensively modifying my pokemon hack rom the music in the background changes slightly like a beep instead of another instrument is this fixable?

also if you can pm me your answers i very seldom post in threads and when i do i tend to forget so if you could thanks in advance
                  1. Probably easiest way is using the A-text tool.
                  2. Of course. Use XSE and take a look at diegoisawesome's scripting tutorial. Scripting is used to make events come to life inside of games. Without it, you just have maps.
                  3. I'm not qualified to answer this
                  4. Or this.

Some say the world will end in fire,
                  Some say in ice.
                  From what I've tasted of desire
                  I hold with those who favor fire.
                  But if it had to perish twice,
                  I think I know enough of hate
                  To say that for destruction ice
                  Is also great
                  And would suffice.
                  Robert Frost, Fire and Ice.

Play Me Casually | The Leola Project

Old November 1st, 2013 (4:16 AM).
                  What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
                    Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552
                    Quote:

1) A-text, hex editor, XSE. Your pick.

2) It is in the header for that map. Those types of scripts are called "level scirpts" or "map scripts" and tend to run when you enter or warp into a map. You should read the level scripting tutorial here.

3) Yes. You need to use a combination of SMCA (Start Map Chooser Advance) and Truck Remover (to remove the truck moving animation at the beginning).

4) I know nothing of music hacking.

Paired with Simba
                    Old November 1st, 2013 (7:23 AM).

my reply to your answers,
                      1. i know what to use just not the offset of the script /text

2. i opened the script for the map and it does tell how the event is started by moving into the map itself but it doesnt show any actual text unless its in an offset not used in the map itself

3. same as above it doesnt affect the script to start in another map but it makes it awkward

4. it has nothing to do with modifying the music its just that when you use advance map to edit a lot of things or use multiple tools the music sounds out of tune of course changing the music for a certain area while not considred music hacking might also be the cause as ive used many different themes for diff areas

and one extra question

5. is it possible to edit an item to make it open up the pc just an idea

Old November 1st, 2013 (10:06 AM).
                      Drag a needle on the good today

Quote:
                        It's most likely because you overwrote 00 bytes where the voicegroups are located. I'm assuming that you're hacking Emerald, so be sure to use FF bytes for free space. It is fixable but you will have to erase data that you placed in the 0x600000s. Open up a clean Emerald ROM in a hex editor and copy the data from 0x600000-0x6FFFFF and paste write it in your modified Emerald ROM at 0x600000.

Boyboy - Vices
                        Old November 1st, 2013 (10:08 AM).

@chrunch

I've seen that before and it didn't help that much. I have a problem with my games. When I got them in VBA and saved then came back to play it it was very glitchy and slow. How do I get that to stop happening? I put it on Flash 128K. Can someone here help me with that and please explain patching files because I heard that you need to do that for some hacks. Thanks.
                          Old November 1st, 2013 (10:57 AM).

thanks i almost crashed my hacked emerald rom because of issues with space and all that im still kinda new also how do i tell if the maps ive mad are using a specific offset or not? and i ahve another question i used a modifyed sample of a script that i got from a thread on pokecommunity i tryed to compile it but even the sample script wouldnt comile kept saying "Unknown value in IF (Value must be integer)" so i was wondering is there a way to fix this script also idk if im doing this right with the modified script i want to be able to trade 10 ultra balls for a masterball

#org 0x86B475C
                            checkflag 0x201
                            if B_True goto $GotBall
                            checkitem 0x2
                            compare LASTRESULT 10
                            if B_<< goto $NoUltra
                            message $WantBall
                            $WantBall 1 = Oh, You have ten Ultra Balls.\pIf you want i can trade you a MasterBall \lfor ten of your UltraBalls...\pWhat do you say?
                            boxset 5
                            compare LASTRESULT 10
                            if B_FALSE goto $DontGet
                            giveitem 0x1 1
                            removeitem 0x2 10
                            Release
                            end

#ORG $GotBall
                            Lock
                            Faceplayer
                            message $Likeballs
                            $Likeballs 1 = Smart Choice!
                            boxset 6
                            release
                            end

#ORG $NoUltra
                            Lock
                            Faceplayer
                            message $ugotnoballs
                            $ugotnoballs 1 = Oh, you... dont have ten Ultra Balls!?\lCome back when you get ten!!/p and ill give ya something good!!
                            boxset 6
                            release
                            end

#ORG $DontGet
                            Lock
                            Faceplayer
                            message $badchoice
                            $badchoice 1 = its your loss!!\nI guess ill be keeping these for myself.
                            boxset 6
                            release
                            end

Old November 1st, 2013 (2:07 PM).
                            • Gold Tier

Quote:
                            @chrunch

I've seen that before and it didn't help that much. I have a problem with my games. When I got them in VBA and saved then came back to play it it was very glitchy and slow. How do I get that to stop happening? I put it on Flash 128K. Can someone here help me with that and please explain patching files because I heard that you need to do that for some hacks. Thanks.
                            You need to download a program called Lunar IPS and a clean firered ROM (or whatever the base ROM is for whatever you want to play), along with the .ips file for your hack. Open up Lunar IPS and select "Apply IPS Patch". select your IPS file, then your ROM. Your ROM is now patched.

I'm not sure what you mean about saving though, that shouldn't be happening. Are you using save states or the ingame save feature?
                            Old November 1st, 2013 (3:21 PM). Edited November 1st, 2013 by Mewpika.

I am using in game save. What should I be using? And do I need to unzip files? Do you do that by extracting them?

I have a problem with my games. When I got them in VBA and saved then came back to play it it was very glitchy and slow. The music was messed up too and it was going slowly when it worked fine on the first go. I also do not see the saved file on the game but the same problem happens. How do I get that to stop happening? I put it on Flash 128K. How do you save on them? I am using in game save. What should I be using? And do I need to unzip files? Do you do that by extracting them? Please help, I will be extremely greatful if you do. I am a beginner in this so please explain everything the best you can. Thank you.
                              Old November 1st, 2013 (9:11 PM).
                              Oh Hai Thar~
                              • Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
                              Quote:
                              I am using in game save. What should I be using? And do I need to unzip files? Do you do that by extracting them?

I have a problem with my games. When I got them in VBA and saved then came back to play it it was very glitchy and slow. The music was messed up too and it was going slowly when it worked fine on the first go. I also do not see the saved file on the game but the same problem happens. How do I get that to stop happening? I put it on Flash 128K. How do you save on them? I am using in game save. What should I be using? And do I need to unzip files? Do you do that by extracting them? Please help, I will be extremely greatful if you do. I am a beginner in this so please explain everything the best you can. Thank you.
                              This is my VBA settings to save in-game in any ROMs.
                              Spoiler:

And here's a link for you to learn how to deal with patches.

FC: 0061-1111-6462
                              TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

Old November 1st, 2013 (9:12 PM).
                              Divider of Zero

When I was playing my Pokemon evolved at level 16 but when I checked its stats it reverted back to level 13. Wat?
                                Old November 1st, 2013 (9:15 PM).
                                • Gold Tier

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Teh Blazer View Post
                                When I was playing my Pokemon evolved at level 16 but when I checked its stats it reverted back to level 13. Wat?
                                Both of your Pokemon need the same growth rate.
                                Old November 1st, 2013 (9:18 PM).
                                Oh Hai Thar~
                                • Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Teh Blazer View Post
                                The growth rates are probably different.
                                Spoiler:

FC: 0061-1111-6462
                                TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

Old November 2nd, 2013 (4:01 AM).
                                Asks many questions!

how can i change the surfing sprite i mean the pokemon under you?

My hack
                                  Old November 2nd, 2013 (4:36 AM).

Use the NamelessSpriteEditor (short: NSE).
                                    Its an overworld-sprite.
                                    Old November 2nd, 2013 (5:09 AM).
                                    Asks many questions!

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by ~Pokedude~ View Post
                                      Use the NamelessSpriteEditor (short: NSE).
                                      Its an overworld-sprite.
                                      found it thanks you going to edit it now!

My hack
                                      Old November 2nd, 2013 (5:34 AM).

But don't forget that the palette of the surf-sprite is equal with the hiro-palette!
                                        Old November 2nd, 2013 (5:39 AM).
                                        Asks many questions!

Does somebody know how to replace the HM moves with items like in Pokemon Ash Gray

My hack
                                          Closed Thread
                                          Quick Reply

Sponsored Links