ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #251    
Old February 21st, 2007 (12:53 AM).
Swimmer♂'s Avatar
Swimmer♂ Swimmer♂ is offline
Glub! Glub! Glub!
     
    Join Date: Aug 2006
    Location: Northampton, England
    Gender:
    Nature: Relaxed
    Posts: 172
    anyone know how to edit the badges in ruby using TLP? i really don't have a clue
    thanks

    Relevant Advertising!

      #252    
    Old February 21st, 2007 (4:32 AM).
    Christos's Avatar
    Christos Christos is offline
    • Moderator
    • Battle Server Staff
    • Platinum Tier
     
    Join Date: Feb 2006
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Serious
    Posts: 6,391
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zak View Post
    mhmm i used to get that with elite map , it didnt show any text, now the tool doesent open my map!!!

    Can any1 help me with this???
    It just wont open my hack anymore , all i get is run-time error 63, bad record number....... its in the same folder as elitemap, it works perfectly with any other tool i open it with and runs perfectly on my emulator, whats going on???
    Try downloading Elite Map again.
    __________________

    A Pokemon that is discriminated!
    Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
      #253    
    Old February 21st, 2007 (7:29 AM). Edited February 22nd, 2007 by zak.
    zak's Avatar
    zak zak is offline
    xpert trainer
       
      Join Date: Jul 2004
      Location: south london
      Age: 25
      Gender:
      Nature: Brave
      Posts: 245
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Christos View Post
      Try downloading Elite Map again.
      ok ill try , but it works with all my other roms...........

      Edit : ok re-installed elite map , stil doesent work , patched it to a new rom , stil doesent work , its really anoying me now , can anyone help me ????
      __________________
      Hi
        #254    
      Old February 22nd, 2007 (1:22 PM).
      Boz Boz is offline
      Smeargle Pwns You. :]
         
        Join Date: Feb 2007
        Location: England I Think!
        Age: 25
        Gender:
        Nature: Jolly
        Posts: 17
        Hey I searched, and found nothin
        but here goes:
        how do i edit the opening scene? I see someones where it shows like 'pokemon'
        then underneath it says like, 'flibby lagoon' instead of emerald, I wanna do that
          #255    
        Old February 22nd, 2007 (9:37 PM).
        Overclocked's Avatar
        Overclocked Overclocked is offline
        Paired with......Myself
           
          Join Date: Jan 2007
          Age: 23
          Gender:
          Nature: Impish
          Posts: 72
          Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm using unLZ on FR to change the male hero's sprite but it always stays the same.
          __________________

          Problem...RAWNET went down so I'll be a while 'till I come back on
            #256    
          Old February 23rd, 2007 (9:57 AM).
          Insomnium's Avatar
          Insomnium Insomnium is offline
          ♥ ~
             
            Join Date: Sep 2005
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Timid
            Posts: 240
            This might be a stupid question, but where can I download ScriptED? I've searched the forums and looked in the Toolbox, but I'm having a hard time finding it. If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be great! ~
              #257    
            Old February 23rd, 2007 (10:00 AM).
            Christos's Avatar
            Christos Christos is offline
            • Moderator
            • Battle Server Staff
            • Platinum Tier
             
            Join Date: Feb 2006
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Serious
            Posts: 6,391
            ScriptED is in Elite Map's bonus programs.
            __________________

            A Pokemon that is discriminated!
            Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
              #258    
            Old February 23rd, 2007 (10:06 AM).
            zak's Avatar
            zak zak is offline
            xpert trainer
               
              Join Date: Jul 2004
              Location: south london
              Age: 25
              Gender:
              Nature: Brave
              Posts: 245
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Overclocked View Post
              Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm using unLZ on FR to change the male hero's sprite but it always stays the same.
              when you import the sprite make sure you select write to rom .
              __________________
              Hi
                #259    
              Old February 23rd, 2007 (10:30 AM). Edited February 24th, 2007 by Swimmer♂.
              Swimmer♂'s Avatar
              Swimmer♂ Swimmer♂ is offline
              Glub! Glub! Glub!
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2006
                Location: Northampton, England
                Gender:
                Nature: Relaxed
                Posts: 172
                can anyone tell me how to:
                -edit the badges using TLP
                -give my new maps new labels (without changing old ones)
                plz help me if you can
                Thankyou
                (By the way i'm hacking RUBY)
                  #260    
                Old February 23rd, 2007 (1:04 PM).
                Overclocked's Avatar
                Overclocked Overclocked is offline
                Paired with......Myself
                   
                  Join Date: Jan 2007
                  Age: 23
                  Gender:
                  Nature: Impish
                  Posts: 72
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by zak View Post
                  when you import the sprite make sure you select write to rom .
                  I do, I can even re-open unLZ and the sprites would be still there but I can't see them whilst playing.
                    #261    
                  Old February 23rd, 2007 (9:00 PM).
                  Glitchfinder's Avatar
                  Glitchfinder Glitchfinder is offline
                  Let's all get along, please?
                  • Silver Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2006
                  Location: The Twilight Zone
                  Age: 27
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Careful
                  Posts: 477
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by speedonh View Post
                  can anyone tell me how to:
                  -edit the badges using TLP
                  -give my new maps new labels (without changing old ones)
                  plz help me if you can
                  Thankyou
                  What game are you editing? If you are editing FR/LG, there are some map names that can be changed without editing the games. Unfortunately, I don't think there are any in R/S/E, and I don't know how to add them. Some editable names in FR/LG include all of the ones with "SEVII" in their names, as well as a couple of others.
                    #262    
                  Old February 23rd, 2007 (9:54 PM).
                  Hyunbin's Avatar
                  Hyunbin Hyunbin is offline
                  w00t!~
                     
                    Join Date: Jun 2006
                    Location: new york
                    Age: 27
                    Gender:
                    Nature: Naughty
                    Posts: 166
                    i'm hacking sapphire
                    can someone tell me how to move the starting place for the male and female hero after they jump off the moving truck?
                    in elite map the spots show up as squares and "BOY" and "GIRL" written there
                    but they can't be moved manually
                      #263    
                    Old February 24th, 2007 (10:54 AM).
                    BlueSonic's Avatar
                    BlueSonic BlueSonic is offline
                    Banned
                       
                      Join Date: Aug 2005
                      Location: Braseberry City, Contri
                      Age: 25
                      Gender:
                      Nature: Bold
                      Posts: 568
                      @Hyunbin: I heard you need some special program.

                      Anyway, does anyone know how to change the pokemon that chases prof.birch from a poochyna to a voltorb?
                        #264    
                      Old February 24th, 2007 (6:42 PM). Edited February 24th, 2007 by Zurenriri.
                      Zurenriri's Avatar
                      Zurenriri Zurenriri is offline
                      Has What Grass-Types Crave
                         
                        Join Date: Feb 2007
                        Location: United States
                        Age: 25
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Adamant
                        Posts: 52
                        'Aight. Couldn't find this anywhere but before I get to it, take this into notice...
                        I am totally new here. I only know this site exists because of my YouTube addiction. I first found out what an Emulator was in 2000 (LIKE OMG YOU CAN PLAY MARIO ON TEH COMPUTER?!?!!), how to use one in 2002 (lol ^.^"), and got into game hacking around late '04/early '05. So I'm not new at hacking, just new at ROM hacking. Started ROM hacking on *gasp!* February 24, 2007!! NO WAI!!!

                        Okay, tools I'm using:
                        Pokemon Blue US Rom
                        Hexposure Text Editor v0.44b
                        ---Since Hexposure is in DOS, and I'm on WinXP, I'm using DOSBox v0.65
                        KiGB Emulator
                        PokeMap v1.2 (not that deep yet)

                        My question concerns the text editor. It took me way too long just to figure out how to use the stupid thing, then finally, I start messing with the names, changed OAK to BOB, SODA POP to RED BULL (lol), etc. and items, changed MASTER BALL to TEHROX BALL, POKE FLUTE to POKE BANJO (lmao), and when I got down to trading and game linking, I realized I made a nasty mistake that would have totally ruined the ROM, luckily I had saved earlier, so I just exited Hexposure, exited DOSBox, re-opened DOSBox, *sigh* re-opened Hexposure, to find that everything was back to its original non-hacked form. Once done screaming "WTF?!?!" at the top of my lungs, I ran a test. Only editing the name of the pokemon BULBASAUR, saving it, but leaving Hexposure open, I booted up KiGB, ran the rom, to find, *gasp!* no changes!

                        What I want to know is, why isn't Hexposure saving my work? What am I doing wrong? *BEG!!* (sry)

                        EDIT: Since I'll forget to check this regularly, if you have an answer, drop me an e-mail at [email protected] or [email protected]

                        Oh, and, please don't ask me to use Thingy instead of Hexposure. Sorry but about the only thing I have actually memorized in hexadecimal is the alphabet. I.E., I don't speak Hex.

                        Thank you for your concern.
                          #265    
                        Old February 24th, 2007 (7:31 PM).
                        Blazichu's Avatar
                        Blazichu Blazichu is offline
                        Bahhhh?
                           
                          Join Date: Mar 2006
                          Location: The ground?
                          Age: 26
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 1,388
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Zurenriri
                          'Aight. Couldn't find this anywhere but before I get to it, take this into notice...
                          I am totally new here. I only know this site exists because of my YouTube addiction. I first found out what an Emulator was in 2000 (LIKE OMG YOU CAN PLAY MARIO ON TEH COMPUTER?!?!!), how to use one in 2002 (lol ^.^"), and got into game hacking around late '04/early '05. So I'm not new at hacking, just new at ROM hacking. Started ROM hacking on *gasp!* February 24, 2007!! NO WAI!!!

                          Okay, tools I'm using:
                          Pokemon Blue US Rom
                          Hexposure Text Editor v0.44b
                          ---Since Hexposure is in DOS, and I'm on WinXP, I'm using DOSBox v0.65
                          KiGB Emulator
                          PokeMap v1.2 (not that deep yet)

                          My question concerns the text editor. It took me way too long just to figure out how to use the stupid thing, then finally, I start messing with the names, changed OAK to BOB, SODA POP to RED BULL (lol), etc. and items, changed MASTER BALL to TEHROX BALL, POKE FLUTE to POKE BANJO (lmao), and when I got down to trading and game linking, I realized I made a nasty mistake that would have totally ruined the ROM, luckily I had saved earlier, so I just exited Hexposure, exited DOSBox, re-opened DOSBox, *sigh* re-opened Hexposure, to find that everything was back to its original non-hacked form. Once done screaming "WTF?!?!" at the top of my lungs, I ran a test. Only editing the name of the pokemon BULBASAUR, saving it, but leaving Hexposure open, I booted up KiGB, ran the rom, to find, *gasp!* no changes!

                          What I want to know is, why isn't Hexposure saving my work? What am I doing wrong? *BEG!!* (sry)

                          EDIT: Since I'll forget to check this regularly, if you have an answer, drop me an e-mail at [email protected] or [email protected]

                          Oh, and, please don't ask me to use Thingy instead of Hexposure. Sorry but about the only thing I have actually memorized in hexadecimal is the alphabet. I.E., I don't speak Hex.

                          Thank you for your concern.
                          Maybe it could be your rom and not hex, check the properties of your rom and see if read-only is ticked or not.

                          You could use Transhexlation, it works for me really well.
                          __________________

                          ←(left) the online world for life(MSN, PC etc.)~
                            #266    
                          Old February 24th, 2007 (7:52 PM).
                          Overclocked's Avatar
                          Overclocked Overclocked is offline
                          Paired with......Myself
                             
                            Join Date: Jan 2007
                            Age: 23
                            Gender:
                            Nature: Impish
                            Posts: 72
                            Make sure you walk into a house or something so the map reloads, otherwise you won't see the changes.
                            __________________

                            Problem...RAWNET went down so I'll be a while 'till I come back on
                              #267    
                            Old February 24th, 2007 (8:26 PM). Edited February 24th, 2007 by Zurenriri.
                            Zurenriri's Avatar
                            Zurenriri Zurenriri is offline
                            Has What Grass-Types Crave
                               
                              Join Date: Feb 2007
                              Location: United States
                              Age: 25
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Adamant
                              Posts: 52
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Blazichu View Post
                              Maybe it could be your rom and not hex, check the properties of your rom and see if read-only is ticked or not.

                              You could use Transhexlation, it works for me really well.
                              Okay, I'll give Translhextion* a try.
                              And you didn't mention whether I want read-only to be checked or not. It IS checked. So, un-check it or not?
                              __________________
                              Diamond/Pearl - ZURI 2105 5247 6255
                              HeartGold/SoulSilver - ???
                              Black/White - Noire 2193 7299 8670

                              Zurenriri's PokePet

                              Kiyone the level 81 Gardevoir!


                              Sig last updated 2007.07.27 2011.03.21
                                #268    
                              Old February 24th, 2007 (8:37 PM).
                              Blazichu's Avatar
                              Blazichu Blazichu is offline
                              Bahhhh?
                                 
                                Join Date: Mar 2006
                                Location: The ground?
                                Age: 26
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 1,388
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Zurenriri
                                Okay, I'll give Translhextion* a try.
                                And you didn't mention whether I want read-only to be checked or not. It IS checked. So, un-check it or not?
                                You would want it un-checked.
                                __________________

                                ←(left) the online world for life(MSN, PC etc.)~
                                  #269    
                                Old February 25th, 2007 (12:40 AM).
                                Swimmer♂'s Avatar
                                Swimmer♂ Swimmer♂ is offline
                                Glub! Glub! Glub!
                                   
                                  Join Date: Aug 2006
                                  Location: Northampton, England
                                  Gender:
                                  Nature: Relaxed
                                  Posts: 172
                                  Thx glitchfinder, i know u said tht i probably couldn't add new maps labels for ruby, well i tried sumthin on elitemap, which then changed the label of my map on advancemap to a blank one. so i typed in the name of my new map but it got an error:
                                  "list index out of bounds (-1)"
                                  does anyone know what this means and can it be fixed?
                                  Furthermore, does anyone know if there is a way to add more map labels on ruby (i came so very close)
                                  Thankyou!
                                    #270    
                                  Old February 25th, 2007 (1:54 AM).
                                  O.G. Duke's Avatar
                                  O.G. Duke O.G. Duke is offline
                                  a.k.a OmegaGroudon
                                     
                                    Join Date: Oct 2006
                                    Nature: Adamant
                                    Posts: 988
                                    A few question:
                                    Can I get the offset of Prof.Birch(Ruby) for Pokepic?
                                    My Tilemolester has a problem, I download it and extract. Inside that has another zip file call tm...Then I extract again, inside that has nothing to open to edit raw file...
                                    __________________
                                    This signature has been disabled.
                                    Signature too tall
                                    Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

                                    You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

                                    Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                                      #271    
                                    Old February 25th, 2007 (3:12 AM).
                                    Christos's Avatar
                                    Christos Christos is offline
                                    • Moderator
                                    • Battle Server Staff
                                    • Platinum Tier
                                     
                                    Join Date: Feb 2006
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Serious
                                    Posts: 6,391
                                    The "tm.jar" file isn't for extracting.
                                    If you have Java installed reinstall WinRAR/WinZIp and don't choose ".jar" files to be able to be extracted with it.
                                    __________________

                                    A Pokemon that is discriminated!
                                    Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
                                      #272    
                                    Old February 25th, 2007 (3:29 AM).
                                    O.G. Duke's Avatar
                                    O.G. Duke O.G. Duke is offline
                                    a.k.a OmegaGroudon
                                       
                                      Join Date: Oct 2006
                                      Nature: Adamant
                                      Posts: 988
                                      If I dont have...then how?
                                      __________________
                                      This signature has been disabled.
                                      Signature too tall
                                      Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

                                      You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

                                      Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                                        #273    
                                      Old February 25th, 2007 (3:35 AM).
                                      Swimmer♂'s Avatar
                                      Swimmer♂ Swimmer♂ is offline
                                      Glub! Glub! Glub!
                                         
                                        Join Date: Aug 2006
                                        Location: Northampton, England
                                        Gender:
                                        Nature: Relaxed
                                        Posts: 172
                                        does have or know of a good badge editing tutorial?
                                        i am using tilemolester (but could swap to TLP) have found the badges but i don't know how to use it at all. i need to change the coluours of the badges and the edit them. any help would be greatly appreciated!
                                        Thanks in advance!
                                          #274    
                                        Old February 25th, 2007 (4:58 PM).
                                        Zurenriri's Avatar
                                        Zurenriri Zurenriri is offline
                                        Has What Grass-Types Crave
                                           
                                          Join Date: Feb 2007
                                          Location: United States
                                          Age: 25
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Adamant
                                          Posts: 52
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Blazichu View Post
                                          You would want it un-checked.
                                          Thanx0rz, it works now!!
                                          __________________
                                          Diamond/Pearl - ZURI 2105 5247 6255
                                          HeartGold/SoulSilver - ???
                                          Black/White - Noire 2193 7299 8670

                                          Zurenriri's PokePet

                                          Kiyone the level 81 Gardevoir!


                                          Sig last updated 2007.07.27 2011.03.21
                                            #275    
                                          Old February 25th, 2007 (11:00 PM).
                                          Tentachu's Avatar
                                          Tentachu Tentachu is offline
                                          Movie Making Expert
                                             
                                            Join Date: Sep 2003
                                            Location: In front of my PC
                                            Age: 25
                                            Gender:
                                            Nature: Careful
                                            Posts: 273
                                            How do I make the colours of a custom sprite match their actual colours in the game because when I try to import them, they always look off-colour and bad.
                                            __________________

                                            That cave above Blackthorn City sure has changed...


                                            SIGN THE G/S REMAKE PETITION HERE!

                                            Watch my ROM Hack videos http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=WeirdEars





                                            In case you didn't realize, I support ShinyGold!
                                            Closed Thread
                                            Quick Reply

                                            Sponsored Links
                                            Thread Tools

                                            Posting Rules
                                            You may not post new threads
                                            You may not post replies
                                            You may not post attachments
                                            You may not edit your posts

                                            BB code is On
                                            Smilies are On
                                            [IMG] code is On
                                            HTML code is Off

                                            Forum Jump


                                            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:48 AM.