The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacking
[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #401    
Old March 17th, 2007 (1:17 PM).
Tony Resta : English Boss Tony Resta : English Boss is offline
     
    Join Date: Mar 2007
    Gender:
    Nature: Adamant
    Posts: 5
    Cheers mate, much appreciated

    Relevant Advertising!

      #402    
    Old March 17th, 2007 (7:25 PM).
    Hedgehogger's Avatar
    Hedgehogger Hedgehogger is offline
    Learning ASM, but struggling
       
      Join Date: Feb 2007
      Location: Somewhere near a box.
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Quiet
      Posts: 204
      Now, whenever I try to open my Ruby (English) Rom with Overworld Editor Rebirth Edition, it gives me the message: "Error 63 (Bad record number) in procedure LoadSpriteStructure of frm OverworldEditor", and the dimensions of sprites are over 4800 pixels for some reason. Is there any way to fix this? Is there another program I can use?
      __________________


      Pokeymenz Am-nee-shaaah Beta 4 Released!
        #403    
      Old March 18th, 2007 (3:26 AM).
      D-Trogh's Avatar
      D-Trogh D-Trogh is offline
      Dead
         
        Join Date: Jul 2005
        Location: Belgium
        Age: 26
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 439
        .eLLo
        I just want to know something.. Is it possible to make a Pokémon like Spinda ?
        Well.. Yeah, of course But is it possible to randomly put something on that sprite.. (The dots on Spinda)
        I want to make a ghost-Pokémon with 1 eye.. but that eye changes on every sprite..
        Possible or not ?
        __________________
        [NTME | WPEDS | HTPE | SGPE | TGPE | PDEDS]
          #404    
        Old March 18th, 2007 (4:34 AM).
        Christos's Avatar
        Christos Christos is offline
        • Platinum Tier
         
        Join Date: Feb 2006
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Serious
        Posts: 6,414
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by D-Trogh View Post
        .eLLo
        I just want to know something.. Is it possible to make a Pokémon like Spinda ?
        Well.. Yeah, of course But is it possible to randomly put something on that sprite.. (The dots on Spinda)
        I want to make a ghost-Pokémon with 1 eye.. but that eye changes on every sprite..
        Possible or not ?
        :s

        What do you exactly mean? You can make a ghost Pokémon with 1 eye and insert it but what do you mean by that eye changes on every sprite?
        __________________

        A Pokemon that is discriminated!
        Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
          #405    
        Old March 18th, 2007 (5:11 AM).
        max1992's Avatar
        max1992 max1992 is offline
        newbie hacker
           
          Join Date: Mar 2007
          Age: 25
          Gender:
          Nature: Relaxed
          Posts: 4
          hi
          can any 1 help me plzzzzzzzzz
          1.when i open sapphire rom in unLZ.gba inage is scrambled
          2.i have win 98 and sappy10 does not work plz can u post a link of sappy compatable with win98
          3.can any 1 post advanced mart 2004 plzzzzzz
          thanks for any 1 who answers
          __________________
          DRAGON BALL Z\GT FAN!!!!!!!!!!

          [align=center]max1992's PokePet

          Blaziken the level 43 Blaziken![/align]
            #406    
          Old March 18th, 2007 (5:33 AM).
          D-Trogh's Avatar
          D-Trogh D-Trogh is offline
          Dead
             
            Join Date: Jul 2005
            Location: Belgium
            Age: 26
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 439
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Christos View Post
            :s

            What do you exactly mean? You can make a ghost Pokémon with 1 eye and insert it but what do you mean by that eye changes on every sprite?
            Aaaah.. I knew that was a WTF-question..
            Well. You know Spinda an have colored spots on random places.. well..
            I want that with a new sprite..
            Here is a STUPID example:

            So.. the red dot is the eye
            __________________
            [NTME | WPEDS | HTPE | SGPE | TGPE | PDEDS]
              #407    
            Old March 18th, 2007 (7:54 AM).
            BassFace's Avatar
            BassFace BassFace is offline
               
              Join Date: Mar 2007
              Location: Lurking in Johto
              Age: 32
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Gentle
              Posts: 270
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by max1992 View Post
              hi
              can any 1 help me plzzzzzzzzz
              1.when i open sapphire rom in unLZ.gba inage is scrambled
              Do you mean that instead of a nice clear sprite, an image looking like a box of bright, badly-coordinated scrambled colors comes up? This is normal. There are a lot of these ugly-looking boxes in unLZ.gba... don't bother doing anything with these if you want to edit sprites in the rom. If you want to get to the "real" sprites, just keep on clicking the "Next" button. You'll have to go through a lot of those ugly boxes, but you'll get to the "real" sprites eventually. If you come to a sprite that looks somewhat normal, but the graphics are slightly jumbled, try clicking the "+" or "-" buttons, and the graphics will re-align themselves.

              Oh... and make sure "16 color mode" is selected. If you select "256 color mode", everything (including the real sprites) will come up looking like hideous boxes.
              __________________
                #408    
              Old March 18th, 2007 (9:03 AM).
              Irish Witch's Avatar
              Irish Witch Irish Witch is offline
              Office Jenny
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2006
                Location: Australia
                Age: 37
                Gender:
                Nature: Lonely
                Posts: 147
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by D-Trogh View Post
                Aaaah.. I knew that was a WTF-question..
                Well. You know Spinda an have colored spots on random places.. well..
                I want that with a new sprite..
                Here is a STUPID example:
                You do that the same way they do the unown. Make x number of pokemon each with the eye in a diffeent place then put them in with the same name. Look at the way the unown are stored for exact details!
                This may means your ghost type can't evolve but neither can the unown.
                __________________
                PokeScript Assembler C pokewitch inc

                PokeWitch's PokePets

                Smitten the level 25 Kirlia! :: Myrial the Level 22 Pidgeotto
                  #409    
                Old March 18th, 2007 (9:40 AM).
                D-Trogh's Avatar
                D-Trogh D-Trogh is offline
                Dead
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2005
                  Location: Belgium
                  Age: 26
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 439
                  But.. Spinda's system isn't the same as the Unowns I think..
                  You can find the Unowns through UnLZ-GBA but there's only 1 Spinda in there..
                  So.. Bu -MEH- When there's no other way, I'll edit the Unowns XD
                  __________________
                  [NTME | WPEDS | HTPE | SGPE | TGPE | PDEDS]
                    #410    
                  Old March 18th, 2007 (10:33 AM).
                  Muumajii Muumajii is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Nov 2006
                    Gender:
                    Nature: Adamant
                    Posts: 3
                    I dowloaded rpg maker XP today.....and i plan on making a vba version of pokemon diamond/pearl...

                    How do i get tiles and stuff for the game?

                    EDIT: Also...how do ig et those tiles onto the rpg maker XP?
                      #411    
                    Old March 18th, 2007 (10:53 AM).
                    Christos's Avatar
                    Christos Christos is offline
                    • Platinum Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Feb 2006
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Serious
                    Posts: 6,414
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Muumajii View Post
                    I dowloaded rpg maker XP today.....and i plan on making a vba version of pokemon diamond/pearl...

                    How do i get tiles and stuff for the game?

                    EDIT: Also...how do ig et those tiles onto the rpg maker XP?
                    1. You can't make an RPG game work with VBA.

                    2. You're in the wrong section, ask in the Game Development section.
                    __________________

                    A Pokemon that is discriminated!
                    Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
                      #412    
                    Old March 18th, 2007 (10:58 AM).
                    MikanPachi MikanPachi is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Feb 2007
                      Location: Chicago, IL
                      Age: 30
                      Gender:
                      Nature: Brave
                      Posts: 11
                      Ok, I was told to ask my question in this thread so here it is...

                      I want to get into the Pokemon Rom-Hacking scene and don't know where to start. I have a Fire-Red Rom and plan to hack that one. What I would like to know is which tools I need to get and use to hack it. I know there's a tools forum, but it wasn't very helpfull for letting me know what does what. Also I would like to know if there are toutorials anywhere for those tools.

                      This is the stuff I need to know which tools are for. (and how to use those tools)

                      Overworld editing (towns/roads/caves)
                      Map editing (like to change what the town map looks like)
                      Pokemon/Trainer sprite editing
                      Event editing
                      Editing what attacks a pokemon can use (like to give a weedle Rollout and IronTail....I have my reasons...)
                      Starter editing
                      What NPC and signs say editing
                      Weather editing (like make it sunny/cloudy/thunderstorm)
                      What pokemon Trainers have editing
                      Pokedex info editing (like to change the pokedex says about pokemon)
                      Shop items and items themselves editing (like make custom items and also pick what a shop will sell)
                      Music editing (like to change what music plays where)

                      If you can tell me which tools do that I'd appreciate it. Also It would be a HUGE help if you can point me to a tutorial on how to use each one. And if there's any other tools that would be usefull too, feel free to mention them.
                        #413    
                      Old March 18th, 2007 (11:09 AM).
                      Christos's Avatar
                      Christos Christos is offline
                      • Platinum Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Feb 2006
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Serious
                      Posts: 6,414
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by MikanPachi View Post
                      Overworld editing (towns/roads/caves)
                      Map editing (like to change what the town map looks like)
                      Pokemon/Trainer sprite editing
                      Event editing
                      Editing what attacks a pokemon can use (like to give a weedle Rollout and IronTail....I have my reasons...)
                      Starter editing
                      What NPC and signs say editing
                      Weather editing (like make it sunny/cloudy/thunderstorm)
                      What pokemon Trainers have editing
                      Pokedex info editing (like to change the pokedex says about pokemon)
                      Shop items and items themselves editing (like make custom items and also pick what a shop will sell)
                      Music editing (like to change what music plays where)
                      1. You can use Advance Map to edit any map in the ganme.
                      2. You mean the region map? You can use Cyclone and unLZ GBA (comes with Elite Map).
                      3. unLZ GBA to replace the sprites with the ones you want.
                      4. Pokémon Amplifier.
                      5. A-Text for editing any text in the game.
                      6. In Advance Map you can choose what weather you want the map to have in the Header view tab.
                      7. PET; comes with Elite Map.
                      8. A-Text.
                      9. A-Mart to edit what the shops sell and edit items' names and description; unLZ GBA to edit the item's pic.
                      10. Sappy to edit the music and in Header view tab in Advance map you can choose which track you want to be played when you play the game.
                      __________________

                      A Pokemon that is discriminated!
                      Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
                        #414    
                      Old March 18th, 2007 (11:20 AM).
                      MikanPachi MikanPachi is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Feb 2007
                        Location: Chicago, IL
                        Age: 30
                        Gender:
                        Nature: Brave
                        Posts: 11
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Christos View Post
                        1. You can use Advance Map to edit any map in the ganme.
                        2. You mean the region map? You can use Cyclone and unLZ GBA (comes with Elite Map).
                        3. unLZ GBA to replace the sprites with the ones you want.
                        4. Pokémon Amplifier.
                        5. A-Text for editing any text in the game.
                        6. In Advance Map you can choose what weather you want the map to have in the Header view tab.
                        7. PET; comes with Elite Map.
                        8. A-Text.
                        9. A-Mart to edit what the shops sell and edit items' names and description; unLZ GBA to edit the item's pic.
                        10. Sappy to edit the music and in Header view tab in Advance map you can choose which track you want to be played when you play the game.
                        Thank you very much. the only questions I still have are:

                        1) Can unLZ GBA also change what the items do in addition to the pics?
                        2) Does Pokemon Amplifier also change the Intro to the game where you meet the prof. and pick you and your rival's names and gender?
                        3) Does Advanced Map work with Pokemon FireRed? Cuz that one I thought was only for R/S/E?
                          #415    
                        Old March 18th, 2007 (11:30 AM).
                        Christos's Avatar
                        Christos Christos is offline
                        • Platinum Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Feb 2006
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Serious
                        Posts: 6,414
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by MikanPachi View Post
                        Thank you very much. the only questions I still have are:

                        1) Can unLZ GBA also change what the items do in addition to the pics?
                        2) Does Pokemon Amplifier also change the Intro to the game where you meet the prof. and pick you and your rival's names and gender?
                        3) Does Advanced Map work with Pokemon FireRed? Cuz that one I thought was only for R/S/E?
                        1. You can't edit what an item does.

                        2. Sorry, I didn't put an answer for the event editing. Pokémon Amplifier edits the moves a pokémon learns and is stats. For the events you can make scripts and insert them with ScriptED (comes with Elite Map).

                        3. Advance Map supports every advanced generation game.
                        __________________

                        A Pokemon that is discriminated!
                        Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
                          #416    
                        Old March 18th, 2007 (11:34 AM).
                        mamudi's Avatar
                        mamudi mamudi is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Jan 2007
                          Nature: Adamant
                          Posts: 48
                          I use pokepic and i cant change the icons of the pokemon when i export them i get only 1 icon and there are to or do u know program where i can draw my own icons i got icon editor but that isint working really good
                          __________________
                          Kyogre the lvl 100 Kyogre
                            #417    
                          Old March 18th, 2007 (11:41 AM).
                          MikanPachi MikanPachi is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Feb 2007
                            Location: Chicago, IL
                            Age: 30
                            Gender:
                            Nature: Brave
                            Posts: 11
                            OK, last question (this might get me yelled at and get a warning but...)

                            I got all the tools you said except for Pokémon Amplifier. I checked in the tools section and on google and even used forum search. I can't find a site that has it. Is it a private tool or is it not availible anymore or is it under a different name on sites?


                            BTW ty for helping me know the other tools I needed. :D I'll be sure to find a way of thanking you somehow when I make my hack.
                              #418    
                            Old March 18th, 2007 (11:47 AM).
                            rpgdude's Avatar
                            rpgdude rpgdude is offline
                            Wobbuffet = GOD!
                               
                              Join Date: Feb 2005
                              Location: Zimbabwe
                              Gender:
                              Nature: Adamant
                              Posts: 63
                              How would I add a brand new map to Littleroot (or any town)? I know it has 5 inner things, but I would like to know if its possible to have a brand new map that doesn't replace anything.
                                #419    
                              Old March 18th, 2007 (11:49 AM).
                              Japanfam Japanfam is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Mar 2007
                                Gender:
                                Nature: Adamant
                                Posts: 2
                                Where do you download Advance Map?
                                  #420    
                                Old March 18th, 2007 (11:50 AM).
                                rpgdude's Avatar
                                rpgdude rpgdude is offline
                                Wobbuffet = GOD!
                                   
                                  Join Date: Feb 2005
                                  Location: Zimbabwe
                                  Gender:
                                  Nature: Adamant
                                  Posts: 63
                                  Google "Advance Map" it is the second link.

                                  (right?)
                                    #421    
                                  Old March 18th, 2007 (12:10 PM).
                                  Shiny_Latios's Avatar
                                  Shiny_Latios Shiny_Latios is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Dec 2005
                                    Age: 24
                                    Nature: Bashful
                                    Posts: 284
                                    How can insert overworlds with hex editing cos i wanna stick in the D/P overwolrds on PHO without losing the quality
                                    __________________
                                    White~James~FC:2451-8499-5441
                                      #422    
                                    Old March 18th, 2007 (5:50 PM).
                                    rpgdude's Avatar
                                    rpgdude rpgdude is offline
                                    Wobbuffet = GOD!
                                       
                                      Join Date: Feb 2005
                                      Location: Zimbabwe
                                      Gender:
                                      Nature: Adamant
                                      Posts: 63
                                      How can I change where the warp goes too? I know how to add them...but I don't know how to make it so that a warp goes to a certain point.
                                        #423    
                                      Old March 18th, 2007 (9:19 PM).
                                      HYPERCANNON's Avatar
                                      HYPERCANNON HYPERCANNON is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jul 2006
                                        Gender:
                                        Nature: Calm
                                        Posts: 10
                                        How do you edit sprites of Pokemon that are mid-air so that if you insert someone new, they won't float?
                                          #424    
                                        Old March 19th, 2007 (1:31 AM).
                                        Angelic Diablo's Avatar
                                        Angelic Diablo Angelic Diablo is offline
                                        Scyther >> You
                                           
                                          Join Date: Feb 2007
                                          Location: Australia
                                          Age: 29
                                          Gender:
                                          Nature: Jolly
                                          Posts: 1,155
                                          How do I make it so their is only one starter to choose from (eg an Eevee and then you get a stone to evolve it later on)
                                          __________________
                                          Angelic Diablo's PokePet

                                          Slicer the level 46 Scyther!
                                            #425    
                                          Old March 19th, 2007 (2:46 AM).
                                          Tony Resta : English Boss Tony Resta : English Boss is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Mar 2007
                                            Gender:
                                            Nature: Adamant
                                            Posts: 5
                                            Hi, i have some problems with a few programs, here they are:

                                            When i try to open my leafgreen.gba rom with Advance-Mart i get an error saying "Attention: No offsets found for this language. Loading process aborted"

                                            When i double click on the pet.exe icon found in elite map, i get this error "Maybe you should consider dumping the trainer and pokemon pictures from RSBall first..."

                                            When i open BaseEdit found in elitemap i get this "Supported ROM, but monster names are not specified in database"

                                            When i open Bewildered found in elitemap i get this "Supported ROM, but Wild Pokemon Base is not specified"

                                            So please, i would be much appreciated someone could help, thanks
                                            Closed Thread

                                            Quick Reply

                                            Join the conversation!

                                            Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                            Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                            Sponsored Links
                                            Thread Tools

                                            Posting Rules
                                            You may not post new threads
                                            You may not post replies
                                            You may not post attachments
                                            You may not edit your posts

                                            BB code is On
                                            Smilies are On
                                            [IMG] code is On
                                            HTML code is Off

                                            Forum Jump


                                            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:40 PM.