ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread

Old March 19th, 2009 (9:02 AM).
Game Developer

Worked haha, I had it the same size as the bottom floor so that was the problem, made it 1 pixel smaller all round and now it works like a charm Big thanks man.

Relevant Advertising!

Old March 19th, 2009 (12:58 PM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Xatoku View Post
      Here you are sir

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=88876

Question:

I have a warp that works in Adv. Map but whenever I try it in the actual game it fades out then the screen stays black. Tips?
      thanks for the link. :classic:
      Old March 19th, 2009 (1:53 PM).
      Wanderer

Nature: Impish
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by ckret2 View Post
        Sorry, don't know what's causing it. :/ You could try different things to solve it, though. I don't know how this works on Windows, but on Macs, it's possible to switch between different character palettes for your keyboard; so that, for example, using one character palette you can type "åa", but if you use the exact same keystrokes in a different character palette, it produces "ā". So maybe it's something to do with the character palette (or whatever the Windows equivalent is) that you're typing in?

It might also be the program you're working in. Are you working in something other than XSE? If you use a less common scripting program, something in the program might be causing it. And if you are using XSE (or some other program that has never done anything like this before), have you tried using AdvanceText to edit the messed-up dialogue? It's a pain, but it might solve the problem. So, for the script you've got in the image you showed us, you could do a search in AdvanceText for "so sorry! I really" or some other bit of dialogue from the script, save that script to AdvanceText, and then manually go in and delete and re-type all the apostrophes and quotation marks. If you go that way, you probably want to make sure you don't include an apostrophe or quotation mark in the search string (so, don't search for "I'm so sorry!") because if the game thinks that it says "I,'m" instead of "I'm" then it might not recognize the search.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but it looks like you've been searching for an answer for a while and it doesn't look like anybody else has an answer. I hope that something I said was useful.
        Thanks for taking the time to answer, I really appreciate it! Unfortunately, I kinda neglected to mention that it's not just in my scripts that this problem occurs...The data for the letters themselves, I think, must be changed, because even in places like naming your character (in my signature now), the apostrophe and quotations are still messed up. (And as I side note, I do only use XSE for scripting)
        Old March 19th, 2009 (4:46 PM).

1. How do you make an NPC move on a Script Tile/Event? I tested the script on a regular person, and they moved, but they didn't move at all (but executed the other scripts) when I set the script on a Script Tile/Event

2. The cave warps won't work... I set the unknown to 03 and all that stuff, it doesn't work. When I replace the sprite with a ladder, it works, but with the cave sprite, it doesn't work. I tried putting the warp tile 1 cell away from the cave sprite, not working. Warp tile on the sprite, not working as well. Tried making the Cave Sprite walkable, nothing. Made it unwalkable, still not walking... This is extremely frustrating me...

3. How do you make an NPC (person) appear invisible at first and become visible when you walk on a Script Event?

All I need =D
          Old March 19th, 2009 (4:59 PM).
          Oh Hai Thar~
          • Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Equeraide View Post
          1. How do you make an NPC move on a Script Tile/Event? I tested the script on a regular person, and they moved, but they didn't move at all (but executed the other scripts) when I set the script on a Script Tile/Event

2. The cave warps won't work... I set the unknown to 03 and all that stuff, it doesn't work. When I replace the sprite with a ladder, it works, but with the cave sprite, it doesn't work. I tried putting the warp tile 1 cell away from the cave sprite, not working. Warp tile on the sprite, not working as well. Tried making the Cave Sprite walkable, nothing. Made it unwalkable, still not walking... This is extremely frustrating me...

3. How do you make an NPC (person) appear invisible at first and become visible when you walk on a Script Event?

All I need =D
          1. Even if the NPC can step on the tile where the script is, the script won't be activated. Only the player can activate scripts.

2. There are two kinds of floor tiles with the same picture. Use the block editor to see which one's for warping.

3. Set a flag. Then clear the flag.

FC: 0061-1111-6462
          TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

Old March 19th, 2009 (5:19 PM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post

1. Even if the NPC can step on the tile where the script is, the script won't be activated. Only the player can activate scripts.

2. There are two kinds of floor tiles with the same picture. Use the block editor to see which one's for warping.

3. Set a flag. Then clear the flag.
            Thanks, you helped me with number 2, but barely on 1 and 3.
            For number one, that is exactly my point. When you're on a SCRIPT TILE/EVENT, how do you make another NPC move, for example, make NPC EVENT NUMBER 3 move to the left. Usually all I'd do is applymovement @w/e 0x3 #org @w/e #raw w/e w.e #FE
            I got it to work, of course, when talking to the npc, but when I step on a SCRIPT/EVENT TILE, it doesn't work. I don't get it.

As for number 3, It needs more detail. How do I get it to be visible/invisible with just flags?
            For example, all I do is set flag 0x1010 and it'l be invisible? WTF that doesn't make any sense, get into depth.
            Old March 19th, 2009 (5:22 PM).
            Oh Hai Thar~
            • Silver Tier

Quote:
            Thanks, you helped me with number 2, but barely on 1 and 3.
            For number one, that is exactly my point. When you're on a SCRIPT TILE/EVENT, how do you make another NPC move, for example, make NPC EVENT NUMBER 3 move to the left. Usually all I'd do is applymovement @w/e 0x3 #org @w/e #raw w/e w.e #FE
            I got it to work, of course, when talking to the npc, but when I step on a SCRIPT/EVENT TILE, it doesn't work. I don't get it.

As for number 3, It needs more detail. How do I get it to be visible/invisible with just flags?
            For example, all I do is set flag 0x1010 and it'l be invisible? WTF that doesn't make any sense, get into depth.
            simple.
            read scripting tutorials in the Documents and Tutorials.
            to move NPC's, use applymovement commands.
            set the NPC's flag ina script to make them invisible. clear their flags in another script to make them visible.
            the rest is in the tutorials.

search and learn there.
            thank you~

Old March 19th, 2009 (5:23 PM).
            Novice Pokemon Hacker

Hey Guys
              ive recently learned how to edit a FR title screen and i can get the image to show fine but my problem is the pallette editing, i know how to do it however for some reason my new image always uses pallette 2 and if i change it so the pokemons colours are correct the big pokemon logo's colours also change slightly, its frustrating. ive looked at tutorials and they all edit the charizard pallette, i have followed guids step by step and the only difference i get is my images dont use the charizrd pallette instead it uses the second line for some reason.
              can anyone help?
              Old March 19th, 2009 (6:15 PM).

OK me and a group of people on another forum are trying to make a Pokemon hack but we don't know if its possible to insert DP moves and animations in a GBA ROM. Can anyone shed a little light on this?

Diamond FC: 1332 9864 7093
                Old March 19th, 2009 (8:59 PM).

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post

simple.
                  read scripting tutorials in the Documents and Tutorials.
                  to move NPC's, use applymovement commands.
                  set the NPC's flag ina script to make them invisible. clear their flags in another script to make them visible.
                  the rest is in the tutorials.

search and learn there.
                  thank you~
                  Got it, EXCEPT FOR THE FIRST ONE, which is frustrating the hell out of me..

I already know how to move an NPC, applymovement, simple.
                  It works and all, but IT DOESN'T WORK AT ALL when I insert it into an SCRIPT/EVENT TILE.

The msgbox appears and stuff, but the NPC doesn't work, it only works when I set the script on the NPC.
                  Old March 20th, 2009 (12:46 AM). Edited March 20th, 2009 by warior_hero.

Okay first of all..Admins,could anyone of you help me to put this in the correct section?I couldn't find it...so i put it here.

Okay my problem is this...i downloaded am1.92 but when i loaded any of my Pokemon Fire Red,Leaf Green,Ruby,Sapphire or even my Emerald version it says "File access denied"

And i didn't post anything anywhere so i cant post the link so i hope tht anyone of you can tell me how to fix it...
                    Please reply fast...Admins please move this and write in the link here...or write where is it placed...thanks in advance....

Edit: Oh I've even downloaded am1.92 again and again from different sites...including the roms...
                    Old March 20th, 2009 (3:59 AM).
                    Game Developer

What are these numbers and letters in the showpokepic script stand for?

showpokepic 0x4002 0xA 0x3
                      Old March 20th, 2009 (6:06 AM). Edited March 20th, 2009 by destinedjagold.
                      Oh Hai Thar~
                      • Silver Tier

Quote:
                      Got it, EXCEPT FOR THE FIRST ONE, which is frustrating the hell out of me..

I already know how to move an NPC, applymovement, simple.
                      It works and all, but IT DOESN'T WORK AT ALL when I insert it into an SCRIPT/EVENT TILE.

The msgbox appears and stuff, but the NPC doesn't work, it only works when I set the script on the NPC.
                      check the NPC's person event number and use it in the script.
                      if the person event's 6, then
                      Code:
                      applymovement 0x6 @move
                      if it's 10, then
                      Code:
                      applymovement 0xA @move
                      or
                      Code:
                      applymovement 10 @move
                      and then after the applymovement command, use the code
                      Code:
                      waitmovement 0x0

an example script...

Code:
                      #Dynamic 0x900000

#org @start
                      checkflag 0x1001
                      if 0x1 goto @done
                      applymovement 0x1 @a
                      waitmovement 0x0
                      message @1 6
                      applymovement 0xFF @b
                      waitmovement 0x0
                      message @2 6
                      applymovement 0xFF @c
                      waitmovement 0x0
                      release
                      end

#org @done
                      release
                      end

#org @a
                      #raw 0x01 0x56 0xFE

#org @b
                      #raw 0x00 0x57 0xFE

#org @c
                      #raw 0x04 0xFE

#org @1
                      = Yo!\nWait!

#org @2
                      = You don't have a PKMN yet!\nIt's too dangerous to go there without\la PKMN!
                      if it still won't work, then post your script in the Script Help Thread and post your problem there.

Quote:
                      What are these numbers and letters in the showpokepic script stand for?

showpokepic 0x4002 0xA 0x3
                      showpokepic is the command that tells the ROM that you're gonna show a picture of a PKMN in an event.
                      0x4002(eh? o.O) is the PKMN number in hex.
                      0xA is the x-coordinate where the pic will be displayed.
                      0x3 is the y-coordinate where the pic will be displayed.

Old March 20th, 2009 (12:19 PM). Edited March 20th, 2009 by Xatoku.
                      Game Developer

Ahh thanks a bunch. It's all clear to meh now.

Quesion:

How would I go about NOT being able to play as a girl or have a rival? You just pretty much read the intro?
                        Old March 20th, 2009 (3:36 PM).

Okay, this is for Platinum (U).

I am trying to modify Chimchar's Types to Dark/Fire, because my new sprite has him look dark with red on him.

The problem is, I have completely forgotten how to do it with a hex editor, and no other program can change the data for the pokemon (PDEDS crashes because of incompatibility)

So, would anyone like to give me a link to a tutorial talking about this? For some reason Google, pokecommunity, pokesav, and a lot of different places have nothing on this issue/tutorial.
                          Old March 20th, 2009 (6:29 PM).

if i have a gba rom and i patch it with a rom base that has new tiles...will the tiles only change or will the patch change everything else too?
                            Old March 21st, 2009 (12:26 AM). Edited March 21st, 2009 by Equeraide.

wtf.. How do I make an IPS file? I searched "Making an IPS file" On google and here, there are NO results... what the hell..?

And, some people are saying we can add 25 extra pokemon. Can someone post a link to a tut on how to do so, or explain just here? Thanks!

-Equeraide
                              Old March 21st, 2009 (1:32 AM).
                              Haz ya seen my hack?

Location: Australia- Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!, Oi, Oi, Oi!
                                Nature: Docile
                                How do I insert PMD sprites into Fire Red?

I know its possible, I seen other hacks with them.

Fanfiction.net: Ha-Za-A

Credits to Galukxy for this awesome banner
                                Old March 21st, 2009 (5:49 AM).
                                Finally Flyin' Solo

Nature: Adamant
                                  Quote:
                                  wtf.. How do I make an IPS file? I searched "Making an IPS file" On google and here, there are NO results... what the hell..?

And, some people are saying we can add 25 extra pokemon. Can someone post a link to a tut on how to do so, or explain just here? Thanks!

-Equeraide
                                  Use Lunar IPS, it comes with Elite map. It has a patch making option.
                                  Old March 21st, 2009 (8:01 AM).

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by hazzamon View Post
                                    How do I insert PMD sprites into Fire Red?

I know its possible, I seen other hacks with them.
                                    wats PMD? do u mean diamond and pearl sprites?

and plz answer my questions a few posts above.
                                    Old March 21st, 2009 (8:44 AM).
                                    Barium - Summer '12 Return?

Nature: Relaxed
                                      PMD is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. To do so, you would have to either resize existing overworlds or create a new one. Refer to Darthatron's tutorial for doing that.

At psyduck6199 - Only the tiles will change.

Hashire! Asu e tsudzuku shinka no micha wa
                                      Old March 21st, 2009 (11:18 AM).
                                      Game Developer

Is it possible to make a 2v2 fight like in emerald where you had like 2 people facing 2 people but in FireRed?
                                        Old March 21st, 2009 (1:09 PM).
                                        More cowbell~
                                        • Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
                                        Quote:
                                        Is it possible to make a 2v2 fight like in emerald where you had like 2 people facing 2 people but in FireRed?
                                        Nope not on Fire Red.
                                        (filler)
                                        Old March 21st, 2009 (1:48 PM).
                                        A beginner that needs help!!!!

I dont get the var number and the other var thing in advanced map when your doing the script event
                                          but you still have to bow to me

seiriously im not trying to be mean i just need your help
                                          Old March 21st, 2009 (2:20 PM).
                                          Game Developer

How do you find the pokepic #'s? For like when you want to get your starter and the pic comes up, how do I find the # to use for that script?
                                            Closed Thread

Quick Reply