ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #8801    
Old April 6th, 2009 (1:35 AM). Edited April 6th, 2009 by balkj06.
balkj06's Avatar
balkj06 balkj06 is offline
Pokemon Kanto
     
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Gender:
    Posts: 174
    hey I was hacking emeral

    when I tryed to change the text during the intro of the hack up to the battle with your rival
    I couldn't do it
    A-Text doesn't work
    and I can only find offset's for half of the text's
    can someone help

    edit: what are some major flags for emerald EX. nat dex, running shoes,
    __________________
    This signature has been disabled.
    Too wide. Just move the banner to the center also and you should be fine.
    Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

    You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

    Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

    Relevant Advertising!

      #8802    
    Old April 6th, 2009 (5:40 AM).
    carina_x2 carina_x2 is offline
       
      Join Date: Mar 2009
      Gender:
      Posts: 12
      Hi, I'd like to know, how do I create new palettes for a map? I've been messing around with the AdvanceMap, but I don't think it's there... xD
      __________________

        #8803    
      Old April 6th, 2009 (10:49 AM).
      psyduck6199's Avatar
      psyduck6199 psyduck6199 is offline
         
        Join Date: Sep 2007
        Gender:
        Nature: Relaxed
        Posts: 57
        is there a tutorial on how to change the pallete of charizard at the titlescreen? i looked at the titlescreen tutorials and none of them actually explain how to find and change the pallete...so can someone tell me?
        __________________
          #8804    
        Old April 6th, 2009 (4:53 PM).
        hinsburg's Avatar
        hinsburg hinsburg is offline
        Confused
           
          Join Date: Apr 2009
          Location: Ostrich Land
          Gender:
          Nature: Quirky
          Posts: 16
          Hey all, I'm new to this rom hacking thing but I've been messing around with this "Gold Map" program to hack Pokemon Gold. I've got this whole town building thing down but I've got a problem with the signs and the people. They're supposed to have text but I have to choose a text bank and a text set or two things like that, but there's hundreds of numbers and half of them either freeze my emulator or send me to the title screen with glitchy color patches. Even if I use the same numbers from signs on Route 29 for the bank and set for a sign in New Bark, I seem to get glitches. The same goes for people, but I can probably figure out the movements and functions and directions through experimenting, as there don't seem to be as many different options for those.

          So two questions. How do you know what text you are choosing for a sign or a person? And how do you change the text?

          Thanks in advance.
          __________________
          Currently exploring the program "Gold Map". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_OOFMAKiBM
            #8805    
          Old April 6th, 2009 (5:56 PM).
          GoldFlareon's Avatar
          GoldFlareon GoldFlareon is offline
          Biotic Flareon
             
            Join Date: Oct 2008
            Location: The world of pokemon.
            Age: 23
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Naive
            Posts: 53
            Does anybody know if there's a program to change Pokemon's footprints? :O
            And also, I need a tutorial of how to use a cry editor. T^T

            ~Flareon.
            __________________

              #8806    
            Old April 6th, 2009 (7:22 PM).
            IIMarckus's Avatar
            IIMarckus IIMarckus is offline
            [email protected]
               
              Join Date: Oct 2007
              Gender:
              Posts: 402
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by hinsburg View Post
              Hey all, I'm new to this rom hacking thing but I've been messing around with this "Gold Map" program to hack Pokemon Gold. I've got this whole town building thing down but I've got a problem with the signs and the people. They're supposed to have text but I have to choose a text bank and a text set or two things like that, but there's hundreds of numbers and half of them either freeze my emulator or send me to the title screen with glitchy color patches. Even if I use the same numbers from signs on Route 29 for the bank and set for a sign in New Bark, I seem to get glitches.
              The “text block”/“text bank” boxes in Goldmap are mislabeled. In reality what they affect has nothing to do with text—they actually compose the two-byte pointer to the script, as you can see if you check out the scripts in hex. Script editing is a fairly advanced topic that I wouldn’t expect a beginner to pick up right away, although information [1] [2] is always available should you decide to pick it up.

              Editing text is simple with a table file and a hex editor, and a great way to start hacking. In general, using a hex editor is a great way to tinker and learn how the ROM works.
              __________________
              iimarck.us / hax.iimarck.us

              If you want me, please contact me by email. [email protected]

              If you want to hack Pokémon RBY or GSC, read, read, and read some more. This has tons of valuable information.

              Pokémon Red disassembly project

              Rules that should be rethought: 25charlimit, bumping.
              Bad posts are bad posts, regardless of how many words are in them or how old the thread is.
              Good posts are good posts, regardless of how old the thread is—and brevity is underrated.
                #8807    
              Old April 7th, 2009 (3:14 AM).
              Larsie13 Larsie13 is offline
              Gone
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Oct 2006
              Location: The Netherlands
              Age: 26
              Nature: Modest
              Posts: 159
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by GoldFlareon View Post
              Does anybody know if there's a program to change Pokemon's footprints? :O
              And also, I need a tutorial of how to use a cry editor. T^T

              ~Flareon.
              Yes, it's called FPE (Footprint Editor). Don't know if you can find it in the Toolbox, otherwise you'd have to search Google. And if you can't find it there, PM me, and I'll give you a link.

              As for your second question, I believe most people have trouble working with PokéCry, and I don't know of any tutorial for it.
                #8808    
              Old April 7th, 2009 (5:40 AM).
              Pokepal17's Avatar
              Pokepal17 Pokepal17 is offline
              More cowbell~
              • Silver Tier
               
              Join Date: Oct 2008
              Location: Steeltown
              Age: 22
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Modest
              Posts: 1,511
              Let's anwer some questions then :D

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Xatoku View Post
              How would I go about increasing the sprite cap which can then be edited in Overworld Editor?
              Read Darthatron's Advanced Overworld Spriting tut in the Documnets and Tutorials Section


              Quote:
              Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
              Hello once again pipz...
              I have another question I wish to be resolved...

              I think some of you might have already noticed this to my hacks.
              Well, anyways, in a script where there's gonna be a trainer battle, why do sometimes some NPC's change the direction of where they're facing?

              Thanks~
              Hmm which kind of trainer battle? If it's for all of them, it could be just random coincidences or you might have messed up something ROM:\


              Quote:
              Originally Posted by carina_x2 View Post
              Hi, I'd like to know, how do I create new palettes for a map? I've been messing around with the AdvanceMap, but I don't think it's there... xD
              I don't think you can

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by psyduck6199 View Post
              is there a tutorial on how to change the pallete of charizard at the titlescreen? i looked at the titlescreen tutorials and none of them actually explain how to find and change the pallete...so can someone tell me?
              Find Zel's home-made tutorials in the Documnets and Tutorials section (last page I think) and that will tell you how to edit the palettes of anything
              __________________
              Pokémon Stardrop
                #8809    
              Old April 7th, 2009 (12:17 PM).
              Neko Godot Neko Godot is offline
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2006
                Age: 25
                Gender:
                Nature: Calm
                Posts: 39
                So I'm looking for some Moemon patches. I've seen one before that has menu sprites, DP Pokemon, and new teams for gym leaders, Like Brock having a Kabuto and Giovanni having Gliscor and Donphan. However, due to my inability to read any Japanese, it's been quite difficult to figure out which patches will get me this desired outcome. Whatever I do, it seems I can't even get a version that has patched menu sprites even. Can anyone help me?

                PS: For reference, here's a video of what I'm looking for.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4-dWpcRpIM&feature=channel_page
                  #8810    
                Old April 7th, 2009 (12:22 PM).
                ssjkiego's Avatar
                ssjkiego ssjkiego is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2008
                  Gender:
                  Posts: 22
                  ive used the pokepicplatinium and the pokepicplatinium trainer and i just cant see a chance in my rom at all.

                  i used the talhaxen and nitro explorer and i dont see a change after i make my changes to the narc files.

                  ndsts method showed no changes either even though it only showed 2 frames of the trainers back sprites, i edited those and STILL nothing.

                  any help for me whatsoever? anything that has to do with sprites?

                  or maybe some d/p help as well but im really looking forward to spriting for Platinium
                    #8811    
                  Old April 7th, 2009 (12:34 PM).
                  KevoNakamura KevoNakamura is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Apr 2009
                    Gender:
                    Posts: 3
                    Hi there, I'm new to this place, and to hacking itself. I'm currently trying to hack Fire Red to create my own little story, but unfortunately, when I try to use the Elite Map's bundled apps like Bewildered and Dexter, I get an error message that says "Supported ROM, but Wild Pokemon base is unspecified." and I've tried various roms. However, the roms work fine with Advance Map and other apps, is there any solution? Forgive me if this has already been answered.
                      #8812    
                    Old April 7th, 2009 (1:46 PM).
                    0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
                    0m3GA ARS3NAL 0m3GA ARS3NAL is offline
                    Im comin' home...
                    • Silver Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Jan 2008
                    Location: Superjail Penitentiary
                    Age: 24
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Gentle
                    Posts: 1,812
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by KevoNakamura View Post
                    Hi there, I'm new to this place, and to hacking itself. I'm currently trying to hack Fire Red to create my own little story, but unfortunately, when I try to use the Elite Map's bundled apps like Bewildered and Dexter, I get an error message that says "Supported ROM, but Wild Pokemon base is unspecified." and I've tried various roms. However, the roms work fine with Advance Map and other apps, is there any solution? Forgive me if this has already been answered.
                    Well, I would suggest looking around the toolbox here...

                    It seems you are using a bunch of old and outdated tools, many of which can cause bug in your game.

                    May I recomend using:
                    YAPE - The best pokemon editor to date
                    XSE - A scripting tool that comes with an extensive command database, and a guide on how to make your own custom events, and use some other important tools.
                    Advance Trainer (A-Trainer) - The best trainer editor to date.
                    Advance Map (A-Map) - The best map editor to date, be sure you are using version 1.92, if not, get it.
                    unLZgba - Should have come with Elite Map, but you should be sure you get the one from 'HackMew's Toolbox' in the toolbox section. It is a program that lets you import and export Images in the game, as well as some Tilemaps...
                    Cyclone - An old tilemap creator / editor
                    NTME - A newer Tilemap creator / editor, that has some different features
                    Sappy - A music importer / exporter... I recommend getting really used to hacking before looking for this one...

                    That is really all the tools you need to do just about ANYTHING you need in a ROM... hacking and stuff...
                    If you are using FireRed version, be sure to use version 1.0, since the released 1.1 has differences in it, and might bug out... you can check the version of your ROM by placing it into A-Map, and looking at the bottom left corner of the screen...


                    Have fun, and read alot of tutorials, you might be pretty new, but I was too at one point, practice makes perfect, TRUST me, good luck!
                    (I didn't give you any links because I want you to learn to search around the forums, get used to the site, you'll be coming here often if you wanna be a ROM hacker... lots of important information and tutorials can be found here...)
                    __________________
                    >Boot Jailbot
                    >Pass *****
                    .
                    .
                    Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
                    Greetings Warden
                    of Superjail Penitentiary
                    Awaiting user input...

                    >Display User_Info
                    ╠══User Info══╣
                    Username:
                    0m3GA ARS3NAL
                    Age: 18
                    Sex: Male ♂
                    Race: Caucasian
                    Quote:
                    "What is this
                    I don't even..."

                    M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
                    ╠══End of File══╣
                    Awaiting user input...

                    >
                      #8813    
                    Old April 7th, 2009 (2:35 PM).
                    CureYoshiDarkness's Avatar
                    CureYoshiDarkness CureYoshiDarkness is offline
                    CATCH PHRASE!
                    • Crystal Tier
                     
                    Join Date: May 2008
                    Location: Hoenn's Trumpet
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Gentle
                    Posts: 1,094
                    I'm in search of a tutorial or help using PokeCry GUI.
                    I got the D/P/P Cries, and from some reason I can't add
                    the sounds, or the sound are extremely slowed...

                    It doesn't make any sence what so ever... Help?
                    __________________


                      #8814    
                    Old April 7th, 2009 (5:18 PM).
                    GoldFlareon's Avatar
                    GoldFlareon GoldFlareon is offline
                    Biotic Flareon
                       
                      Join Date: Oct 2008
                      Location: The world of pokemon.
                      Age: 23
                      Gender: Female
                      Nature: Naive
                      Posts: 53
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Larsie13 View Post
                      Yes, it's called FPE (Footprint Editor). Don't know if you can find it in the Toolbox, otherwise you'd have to search Google. And if you can't find it there, PM me, and I'll give you a link.

                      As for your second question, I believe most people have trouble working with PokéCry, and I don't know of any tutorial for it.
                      Thanks! :D I got it. :3

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by HackerYoshi47 View Post
                      I'm in search of a tutorial or help using PokeCry GUI.
                      I got the D/P/P Cries, and from some reason I can't add
                      the sounds, or the sound are extremely slowed...

                      It doesn't make any sence what so ever... Help?
                      I hear ya. I have the same problem. But if I ever manage to figure it out, I'll let you know. ;P

                      ~Flareon.
                      __________________

                        #8815    
                      Old April 7th, 2009 (6:01 PM).
                      helvete helvete is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Jul 2008
                        Posts: 3
                        Hello, I have a question about the XSE script editor.

                        How do I save the script to the ROM? I have managed to save it as an RBC-file, but how do you apply to the actual ROM as a new offset?

                        What I have done so far is that I have written the script and chosen the offset $800000.

                        Spoiler:
                        '---------------
                        #org 0x800000

                        #org @start
                        lock
                        faceplayer
                        msgbox @text
                        boxset 0x6
                        release
                        end

                        #org @text
                        = Hello.\nHave you heard it?.


                        Any help for this n00b would be appreciated
                          #8816    
                        Old April 7th, 2009 (6:08 PM).
                        0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
                        0m3GA ARS3NAL 0m3GA ARS3NAL is offline
                        Im comin' home...
                        • Silver Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Jan 2008
                        Location: Superjail Penitentiary
                        Age: 24
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Gentle
                        Posts: 1,812
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by helvete View Post
                        Hello, I have a question about the XSE script editor.

                        How do I save the script to the ROM? I have managed to save it as an RBC-file, but how do you apply to the actual ROM as a new offset?

                        What I have done so far is that I have written the script and chosen the offset $800000.

                        Spoiler:
                        '---------------
                        #org 0x800000

                        #org @start
                        lock
                        faceplayer
                        msgbox @text
                        boxset 0x6
                        release
                        end

                        #org @text
                        = Hello.\nHave you heard it?.


                        Any help for this n00b would be appreciated
                        Please read the guide that comes with XSE, it will tell you how to do that.
                        The XSE guide comes with the program, and can be accessed by pressing the F1 button on your Keyboard while you are in XSE.
                        __________________
                        >Boot Jailbot
                        >Pass *****
                        .
                        .
                        Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
                        Greetings Warden
                        of Superjail Penitentiary
                        Awaiting user input...

                        >Display User_Info
                        ╠══User Info══╣
                        Username:
                        0m3GA ARS3NAL
                        Age: 18
                        Sex: Male ♂
                        Race: Caucasian
                        Quote:
                        "What is this
                        I don't even..."

                        M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
                        ╠══End of File══╣
                        Awaiting user input...

                        >
                          #8817    
                        Old April 7th, 2009 (9:09 PM).
                        cuplampghosthunt's Avatar
                        cuplampghosthunt cuplampghosthunt is offline
                        <--I don't know what this is
                           
                          Join Date: Mar 2009
                          Nature: Bashful
                          Posts: 14
                          Alright, so this is basically a last resort but my hack is seriously broken without help.

                          I use the following script in pokescript:

                          #org $begin
                          message $dontgoout
                          $dontgoout 1 =Don't go out
                          boxset 6
                          end

                          ..and when I go over the space with that script it freezes the game. Why is this?
                            #8818    
                          Old April 8th, 2009 (1:25 AM).
                          PsychicDarkDragonTrainer's Avatar
                          PsychicDarkDragonTrainer PsychicDarkDragonTrainer is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Mar 2009
                            Gender:
                            Posts: 11
                            hi there. ive looked it p and haven't found any ansers so here goes;
                            how do you change which way oak
                            a) comes to you when you go near the grass
                            b)he takes yo uto the lab

                            im using XSE, but im having real trouble understanding all teh terms. i hve checked out the guid and tutorials on this site, but im still having trouble. could someone explan in the simlest way who t do the above? thanks
                              #8819    
                            Old April 8th, 2009 (1:29 AM).
                            Pokepal17's Avatar
                            Pokepal17 Pokepal17 is offline
                            More cowbell~
                            • Silver Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Oct 2008
                            Location: Steeltown
                            Age: 22
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Modest
                            Posts: 1,511
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by cuplampghosthunt View Post
                            Alright, so this is basically a last resort but my hack is seriously broken without help.

                            I use the following script in pokescript:

                            #org $begin
                            message $dontgoout
                            $dontgoout 1 =Don't go out
                            boxset 6
                            end

                            ..and when I go over the space with that script it freezes the game. Why is this?

                            U need to set the script tile's unknown to 0003 and var number to 4050.

                            Next time post a problem like this in the script help thread.

                            Off topic
                            OMFG, How hard is it for people to see that there's a script help above this thread where you posts scripting problems
                            __________________
                            Pokémon Stardrop
                              #8820    
                            Old April 8th, 2009 (7:31 AM).
                            ssjkiego's Avatar
                            ssjkiego ssjkiego is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Jul 2008
                              Gender:
                              Posts: 22
                              Game: Platinium US
                              Problem: changing the sprites with my custom changes after exracting them via "talhaxen" and or with
                              "ndsts_b2_en"

                              when i put the narc back in my rom with "NitroExplorer2b" i got into battle and it freezes b4 i see the backsprite, but when i put the narc via
                              "ndsts_b2_en" i dont see any changes when i go into battle, but that makes sense a little becuase when i open up the narc with "pokepicplatiniumtrainer"
                              the first 3 sheets are blank and the 4th one has only 2 frames of the backsprite trainer(male hero)

                              has anyone else had success changing sprites whatsoever? even overworld sprites would help me out.
                                #8821    
                              Old April 8th, 2009 (9:42 AM).
                              Worldslayer608's Avatar
                              Worldslayer608 Worldslayer608 is offline
                              ಥдಥ
                              • Silver Tier
                               
                              Join Date: Mar 2008
                              Location: San Diego
                              Age: 28
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Calm
                              Posts: 892
                              Is there a free empty tileset in Fire Red and Ruby? I heard that tileset 16 in Fire Red was free so I was just wondering if there were any others in FR and if any at all are in Ruby
                              __________________



                              SMEARGLE SOLO CHALLENGE
                              HARDCORE EDITION
                              To vanquish without peril is to triumph without glory...
                              Voted Best Game Designer 2011 on PC
                                #8822    
                              Old April 8th, 2009 (11:30 AM).
                              Megiddo-san's Avatar
                              Megiddo-san Megiddo-san is offline
                              Barium - Summer '12 Return?
                                 
                                Join Date: Dec 2007
                                Location: Where you least expect it
                                Age: 25
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Relaxed
                                Posts: 1,329
                                Tilesets 16 and 56 are free in Firered.
                                __________________

                                Hashire! Asu e tsudzuku shinka no micha wa
                                  #8823    
                                Old April 8th, 2009 (11:41 AM).
                                sasquatchd00d's Avatar
                                sasquatchd00d sasquatchd00d is offline
                                welcoming a clean head.
                                   
                                  Join Date: Nov 2008
                                  Location: barracuda, capital of the world
                                  Age: 25
                                  Nature: Relaxed
                                  Posts: 265
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by ЩѻƦḽᶑʂḽдƴƹƦ™ View Post
                                  Is there a free empty tileset in Fire Red and Ruby? I heard that tileset 16 in Fire Red was free so I was just wondering if there were any others in FR and if any at all are in Ruby
                                  I just checked through Fire Red and I found 16, 33, 55, and 56 to be free at least. I'm not sure about Ruby.
                                  __________________
                                  [ [???="Not so good artwork. If you can even call it that."]deviantART[/???] | [???="No thread yet. Maybe eventually."]Pokémon Apollo[/???] | [???="SkythurBathandBeyond151"]Pair[/???] ]
                                    #8824    
                                  Old April 8th, 2009 (12:21 PM). Edited April 8th, 2009 by Banjora Marxvile.
                                  Banjora Marxvile's Avatar
                                  Banjora Marxvile Banjora Marxvile is offline
                                  hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
                                     
                                    Join Date: May 2008
                                    Age: 23
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Bashful
                                    Posts: 3,487
                                    I was going through the Tilesets in Ruby to find a blank Tile data and made a discovery. I think tileset 37 are beta tiles. Are they used anywhere in the game, or are they (like said) beta tiles? I presume they are unused, as everywhere I guessed doesn't use them (Gyms, Trick House...)
                                    __________________


                                    Temmie vibrates intensely.

                                    awwAwa cute!! (pets u)

                                    OMG!! humans TOO CUTE (dies)

                                    can't blame a BARK for tryin'...

                                    RATED TEM OUTTA TEM.

                                      #8825    
                                    Old April 8th, 2009 (2:24 PM). Edited April 10th, 2009 by CrimsonBurstX.
                                    CrimsonBurstX's Avatar
                                    CrimsonBurstX CrimsonBurstX is offline
                                    \m/ >.< \m/
                                       
                                      Join Date: Apr 2009
                                      Location: Vielstone City
                                      Gender:
                                      Nature: Bold
                                      Posts: 4
                                      please help me! I have tried everything I can find to fix this rom but it won't work! please someone fix this for me!

                                      Sorry the files won't load so i'll post them later.
                                      Attached Files
                                      File Type: ips Pokemon Earth.ips‎ (17.0 KB, 1 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                                      __________________



                                      Closed Thread
                                      Quick Reply

                                      Sponsored Links
                                      Thread Tools

                                      Posting Rules
                                      You may not post new threads
                                      You may not post replies
                                      You may not post attachments
                                      You may not edit your posts

                                      BB code is On
                                      Smilies are On
                                      [IMG] code is On
                                      HTML code is Off

                                      Forum Jump


                                      All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:29 AM.