ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #8876    
Old April 12th, 2009 (6:03 PM).
ElusionM ElusionM is offline
     
    Join Date: Jul 2007
    Nature: Adamant
    Posts: 41
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ЩѻƦḽᶑʂḽдƴƹƦ™ View Post
    Sounds like a color issue, did you make sure you use the colors from that tilesets palette? They also have to have compatible RBG color values to show up right in A-Map, which I believe is increments of 8.
    But then it wouldn't look like what I want would it? They won't have the FR/LG color feeling to them.

    And also, can you tell me how to write a script so that if in R/S/E I don't set the clock in the beginning, I'm not allowed to leave my room?

    Relevant Advertising!

      #8877    
    Old April 12th, 2009 (6:28 PM).
    Worldslayer608's Avatar
    Worldslayer608 Worldslayer608 is offline
    ಥдಥ
    • Silver Tier
     
    Join Date: Mar 2008
    Location: San Diego
    Age: 28
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Calm
    Posts: 892
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ElusionM View Post
    But then it wouldn't look like what I want would it? They won't have the FR/LG color feeling to them.

    And also, can you tell me how to write a script so that if in R/S/E I don't set the clock in the beginning, I'm not allowed to leave my room?
    It will looke the same, you only have to make sure the colors are 8 numeric increments, so if you have a Red: of 63 a Blue of 45 and a Green of 62 it should be changed to a Red of 62, a Blue of 45 and Green of 62. The color shift is minuscule so nobody will really see the difference.

    just edit the script by the stairs and remove any checkflags, or just remove the script entirely.

    __________________



    SMEARGLE SOLO CHALLENGE
    HARDCORE EDITION
    To vanquish without peril is to triumph without glory...
    Voted Best Game Designer 2011 on PC
      #8878    
    Old April 12th, 2009 (6:31 PM).
    Ninja Caterpie's Avatar
    Ninja Caterpie Ninja Caterpie is offline
    Sitting by the back window
       
      Join Date: Mar 2008
      Location: Best City OCE
      Age: 21
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Bold
      Posts: 5,988
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by ЩѻƦḽᶑʂḽдƴƹƦ™ View Post
      [COLOR=DarkOrange]1. No it is not use advance OW editor.
      Before you say anything, please know what you're talking about.

      It's possible to change the OW in the middle of the game, but only into another one that's already there. For example, you can set your OW to turn into Giovanni in a tux when you do a contest or something. :\ It requires writebytetooffset in a level script, if I remember correctly.
      __________________
      Brony represent.
        #8879    
      Old April 12th, 2009 (7:00 PM).
      Worldslayer608's Avatar
      Worldslayer608 Worldslayer608 is offline
      ಥдಥ
      • Silver Tier
       
      Join Date: Mar 2008
      Location: San Diego
      Age: 28
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Calm
      Posts: 892
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Ninja Caterpie View Post
      Before you say anything, please know what you're talking about.

      It's possible to change the OW in the middle of the game, but only into another one that's already there. For example, you can set your OW to turn into Giovanni in a tux when you do a contest or something. :\ It requires writebytetooffset in a level script, if I remember correctly.
      Taking what he said in context I assumed he was talking about changing the actual sprite INSIDE the game not DURING the game.

      So before you start taking pot shots at people, perhaps think about reading the post as a responder might read the post.

      What is it with people taking every opportunity they can to jump down someones throat? We are not 5 years old... well most of us.
      __________________



      SMEARGLE SOLO CHALLENGE
      HARDCORE EDITION
      To vanquish without peril is to triumph without glory...
      Voted Best Game Designer 2011 on PC
        #8880    
      Old April 12th, 2009 (7:29 PM).
      Crocky's Avatar
      Crocky Crocky is offline
      SuperScarlet!
         
        Join Date: Feb 2009
        Posts: 95
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by ЩѻƦḽᶑʂḽдƴƹƦ™ View Post
        use the special function. You cannot get the nationaldex in ruby without trading to a FR rom.

        What is the special function?
          #8881    
        Old April 12th, 2009 (7:58 PM).
        0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
        0m3GA ARS3NAL 0m3GA ARS3NAL is offline
        Im comin' home...
        • Silver Tier
         
        Join Date: Jan 2008
        Location: Superjail Penitentiary
        Age: 25
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Gentle
        Posts: 1,816
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Crocky View Post
        [/CENTER]
        What is the special function?
        You need to use

        special 0x16F

        In a script, but this will only work in Pokemon FireRed, or LeafGreen trying this in Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald, may cause undesired effects.
        __________________
        >Boot Jailbot
        >Pass *****
        .
        .
        Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
        Greetings Warden
        of Superjail Penitentiary
        Awaiting user input...

        >Display User_Info
        ╠══User Info══╣
        Username:
        0m3GA ARS3NAL
        Age: 18
        Sex: Male ♂
        Race: Caucasian
        Quote:
        "What is this
        I don't even..."

        M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
        ╠══End of File══╣
        Awaiting user input...

        >
          #8882    
        Old April 12th, 2009 (10:52 PM).
        Ninja Caterpie's Avatar
        Ninja Caterpie Ninja Caterpie is offline
        Sitting by the back window
           
          Join Date: Mar 2008
          Location: Best City OCE
          Age: 21
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Bold
          Posts: 5,988
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by ЩѻƦḽᶑʂḽдƴƹƦ™ View Post
          Taking what he said in context I assumed he was talking about changing the actual sprite INSIDE the game not DURING the game.

          So before you start taking pot shots at people, perhaps think about reading the post as a responder might read the post.

          What is it with people taking every opportunity they can to jump down someones throat? We are not 5 years old... well most of us.
          I'm not jumping at your throat, gee. Just remember that noobs people with bad grammar say "inside" when they mean in.
          __________________
          Brony represent.
            #8883    
          Old April 12th, 2009 (10:58 PM).
          Raiser Raiser is offline
             
            Join Date: Jun 2008
            Gender:
            Posts: 15
            Omg, can someone help me?
            I wanted to create SOUTHERN ISLAND from Emerald onto FireRed, right?
            I'm lazy, so I saved Emerald's map data and inserted it into FireRed.
            Obviously the tiles were off so I fixed them, set up my tileset, deleted all events and wild pokemon and made sure that all header info was "okay". But whenever I try to edit the map (after inserting it), a popup says "Canvas does not allow drawing".

            What's going on? Do I HAVE to make the whole thing from scratch? I know it's not that hard, but I'm just lazy.
              #8884    
            Old April 13th, 2009 (2:26 AM).
            onyx79's Avatar
            onyx79 onyx79 is offline
            Red Dead Revolver
               
              Join Date: Jan 2009
              Location: Orange Islands (=
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Modest
              Posts: 503
              is there pokemon evulotion editor for pokemon platinum and elite map for pokemon platinum?
                #8885    
              Old April 13th, 2009 (2:35 AM). Edited April 13th, 2009 by 0m3GA ARS3NAL.
              0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
              0m3GA ARS3NAL 0m3GA ARS3NAL is offline
              Im comin' home...
              • Silver Tier
               
              Join Date: Jan 2008
              Location: Superjail Penitentiary
              Age: 25
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Gentle
              Posts: 1,816
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by onyx79 View Post
              is there pokemon evulotion editor for pokemon platinum and elite map for pokemon platinum?
              As of yet, there are no Map editors for The following Pokemon Advanced/DS Handheld games.

              Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team
              Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team
              Pokemon Pinball: Ruby and Sapphire
              Pokemon Trozei
              Pokemon Rangers
              Pokemon Dash
              Pokemon Diamond
              Pokemon Pearl
              Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time
              Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Space
              Pokemon Ranger: The Second Coming (LOL, Forgot title)
              Pokemon Platinum
              I hope this one post clears that up for teh time being (Until a new map editor is made.)

              About editing Evolutions... I do not believe such a tool exists yet, but when it does, you'll probably see a thread in the 'Toolbox'

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by blastimpulseee View Post
              Omg, can someone help me?
              I wanted to create SOUTHERN ISLAND from Emerald onto FireRed, right?
              I'm lazy, so I saved Emerald's map data and inserted it into FireRed.
              Obviously the tiles were off so I fixed them, set up my tileset, deleted all events and wild pokemon and made sure that all header info was "okay". But whenever I try to edit the map (after inserting it), a popup says "Canvas does not allow drawing".

              What's going on? Do I HAVE to make the whole thing from scratch? I know it's not that hard, but I'm just lazy.
              I have never seen this error before... Are you using the most updated A-Map? (Advance Map 1.92)
              If not, update.

              If so, your best bet would to just remake the island.
              Less chance of errors... the events that happen there might be a different story, unless you know how to remake them! (scripting of course, the script from Emerald Will Not Work.)
              __________________
              >Boot Jailbot
              >Pass *****
              .
              .
              Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
              Greetings Warden
              of Superjail Penitentiary
              Awaiting user input...

              >Display User_Info
              ╠══User Info══╣
              Username:
              0m3GA ARS3NAL
              Age: 18
              Sex: Male ♂
              Race: Caucasian
              Quote:
              "What is this
              I don't even..."

              M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
              ╠══End of File══╣
              Awaiting user input...

              >
                #8886    
              Old April 13th, 2009 (3:03 AM).
              Griin.'s Avatar
              Griin. Griin. is offline
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2008
                Posts: 277
                I have a script question. Is there any possibilities to make a once per day event in FR rom ? Like trainer battle or something like that?
                __________________
                It's comming...
                  #8887    
                Old April 13th, 2009 (4:09 AM).
                0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
                0m3GA ARS3NAL 0m3GA ARS3NAL is offline
                Im comin' home...
                • Silver Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2008
                Location: Superjail Penitentiary
                Age: 25
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Gentle
                Posts: 1,816
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Jasumin View Post
                I have a script question. Is there any possibilities to make a once per day event in FR rom ? Like trainer battle or something like that?
                Unfortunately, as of yet, there are no ways to create a time based event in Pokemon Fire Red version.

                You can however make events that use the 'Total Time Played' as a sort of clock...
                It is like the RTC, only it will only advance until it hits 99:99:99:99 (Hours : Minutes : Seconds : Milliseconds) and it only advance when the player plays the game, unlike the REAL, RTC, which advances infinitely, and works while the game is shut off...
                __________________
                >Boot Jailbot
                >Pass *****
                .
                .
                Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
                Greetings Warden
                of Superjail Penitentiary
                Awaiting user input...

                >Display User_Info
                ╠══User Info══╣
                Username:
                0m3GA ARS3NAL
                Age: 18
                Sex: Male ♂
                Race: Caucasian
                Quote:
                "What is this
                I don't even..."

                M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
                ╠══End of File══╣
                Awaiting user input...

                >
                  #8888    
                Old April 13th, 2009 (1:35 PM).
                s270171's Avatar
                s270171 s270171 is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Feb 2009
                  Gender:
                  Posts: 20
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Ninja Caterpie View Post
                  I'm not jumping at your throat, gee. Just remember that noobs people with bad grammar say "inside" when they mean in.
                  im not a noob! sort of... ok maybe I am... i dont wanna talk about it. lol jk . ty for answering my question, now i kinda want to do it. so do u know where i can find something that tells me exactly how i go about doing that or could YOU tell me how do that. Much appreciated. Its going to be okay everyone......

                  P.S. and ty for understanding what i meant
                  __________________



                    #8889    
                  Old April 13th, 2009 (1:54 PM).
                  Cholo's Avatar
                  Cholo Cholo is offline
                  Moveset Breeder
                     
                    Join Date: Mar 2009
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 65
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Cholo View Post
                    just using a hex editor how would i
                    - change weather
                    - change pokemon movesets
                    in ruby??
                    so did no one see this or is it no one can answer it??
                    __________________

                    Soul Silver
                    2794 3731 4736
                    Trade Thread
                    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=220031
                    ^old might start it back up at somepoint..^

                    ^Old as Hell; Back when i used to dream about making my own rom, but the compatablilty limitations of my mac prevented it..^
                      #8890    
                    Old April 13th, 2009 (2:18 PM). Edited April 13th, 2009 by CollinP.
                    CollinP's Avatar
                    CollinP CollinP is offline
                    My Avi Evolved
                       
                      Join Date: Mar 2009
                      Age: 21
                      Posts: 104
                      I Have A Real Question This Time- Does Anyone Know A Good Text Editor? (IDK why, But Advance Text Won't Work For Me All Of A Sudden... Also, Why Is The Comctl32.oxc component an MP3 file, Cuz I downloaded Media Player, And It Won't Work....)
                        #8891    
                      Old April 13th, 2009 (4:40 PM).
                      Quickster's Avatar
                      Quickster Quickster is offline
                      Dream or Drop?
                         
                        Join Date: Oct 2007
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Quiet
                        Posts: 351
                        I created new maps is a fire red rom, and i can't run in them,but i can run in routes i created. Can someone help me fix this, i would really appreciate this.
                        __________________
                        I laugh looking at this.

                        But sometimes I want to come back to it...

                          #8892    
                        Old April 13th, 2009 (8:02 PM).
                        thethethethe thethethethe is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Jun 2007
                          Location: Melbourne, Australia
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 1,104
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Cholo View Post
                          so did no one see this or is it no one can answer it??
                          What do you mean by changing the weather?

                          Movesets aren't very hard to change, just a little time consuming. If you don't have a list of attacks and numbers, you'll need to go find one. You could look a scripting thread, a fair few should have them.

                          I don't have a pointer for the first moveset, but it can be found quite easily.
                          Well here's how it is set out.
                          01 02 Means a Pokemon will learn pound at level 1.
                          01 is the attack.
                          02 is the level multiplied by two.

                          So as another example:
                          3F 31
                          If we start with the level, 31 = 49. Which isn't a multiple of two. Therefore we need to look at it another way.
                          3F01 30
                          3F01 is the attack, and the level is now 48/2(=24)
                          So if the attack number is above FF, we need to add one to the level.

                          Maybe that's a little hard to understand, so here's a link as to how to do it with DPP but it's the same thing. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=131283

                          To find Bulbasaurs moveset (The first one) search for Bulbasaur's Ruby moveset which can be found at a site like bulbapedia or serebii.
                          __________________
                          Gone.
                            #8893    
                          Old April 13th, 2009 (11:03 PM). Edited April 13th, 2009 by mineowyn.
                          mineowyn's Avatar
                          mineowyn mineowyn is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Apr 2009
                            Gender:
                            Posts: 145
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by ЩѻƦḽᶑʂḽдƴƹƦ™ View Post
                            It will looke the same, you only have to make sure the colors are 8 numeric increments, so if you have a Red: of 63 a Blue of 45 and a Green of 62 it should be changed to a Red of 62, a Blue of 45 and Green of 62. The color shift is minuscule so nobody will really see the difference.

                            just edit the script by the stairs and remove any checkflags, or just remove the script entirely.

                            Does it mean for all sprites (OW, battle/profile sprites) as long as you increase the numerics by small miniscule increments you can have more than 16 colours? Are the 256 colour palettes for OW, battle and profile sprites the same within one game (e.g. Fire Red). I mean is there a guide on or link to the colour palette for fire red?
                              #8894    
                            Old April 14th, 2009 (8:32 AM).
                            negative's Avatar
                            negative negative is offline
                            Life returns. Life prevails.
                               
                              Join Date: Aug 2008
                              Location: Ptuj, Slovenia.
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Naughty
                              Posts: 505
                              Hey, People!
                              I have a Warping question:
                              I made 2 perfectly maps(no tile errors, multiple warps etc...). Then I made 2 warps connecting the maps.If I click the "Goto" button, the warping works perfectly, but when I try it in my Hack(the player steps through the door)the game turns black and it freezes.
                              Any ideas to fix this?
                              __________________
                              Pokémon Twisted Mind
                                #8895    
                              Old April 14th, 2009 (8:51 AM).
                              Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
                              Tropical Sunlight Tropical Sunlight is offline
                              The Faltine
                                 
                                Join Date: Mar 2008
                                Location: Slovenia
                                Age: 21
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 3,578
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by ~FunHouse~ View Post
                                Hey, People!
                                I have a Warping question:
                                I made 2 perfectly maps(no tile errors, multiple warps etc...). Then I made 2 warps connecting the maps.If I click the "Goto" button, the warping works perfectly, but when I try it in my Hack(the player steps through the door)the game turns black and it freezes.
                                Any ideas to fix this?
                                You enlarged the map. You have to leave the size of the room you warped into. Try fixing that, and if it doesn't work, come back here
                                __________________
                                  #8896    
                                Old April 14th, 2009 (10:58 AM).
                                negative's Avatar
                                negative negative is offline
                                Life returns. Life prevails.
                                   
                                  Join Date: Aug 2008
                                  Location: Ptuj, Slovenia.
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Naughty
                                  Posts: 505
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by ~Watermelon View Post
                                  You enlarged the map. You have to leave the size of the room you warped into. Try fixing that, and if it doesn't work, come back here
                                  I'm sorry, couse I don't understand HOW to fix this exactly...Could you tell me a little more clearly?
                                  __________________
                                  Pokémon Twisted Mind
                                    #8897    
                                  Old April 14th, 2009 (11:48 AM).
                                  s270171's Avatar
                                  s270171 s270171 is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Feb 2009
                                    Gender:
                                    Posts: 20
                                    Can anyone tell mehow or tell me where ican learn how to change the OW of the hero during the game?
                                    __________________



                                      #8898    
                                    Old April 14th, 2009 (12:27 PM).
                                    Cholo's Avatar
                                    Cholo Cholo is offline
                                    Moveset Breeder
                                       
                                      Join Date: Mar 2009
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Posts: 65
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by thethethethe View Post
                                      What do you mean by changing the weather?

                                      Movesets aren't very hard to change, just a little time consuming. If you don't have a list of attacks and numbers, you'll need to go find one. You could look a scripting thread, a fair few should have them.

                                      I don't have a pointer for the first moveset, but it can be found quite easily.
                                      Well here's how it is set out.
                                      01 02 Means a Pokemon will learn pound at level 1.
                                      01 is the attack.
                                      02 is the level multiplied by two.

                                      So as another example:
                                      3F 31
                                      If we start with the level, 31 = 49. Which isn't a multiple of two. Therefore we need to look at it another way.
                                      3F01 30
                                      3F01 is the attack, and the level is now 48/2(=24)
                                      So if the attack number is above FF, we need to add one to the level.

                                      Maybe that's a little hard to understand, so here's a link as to how to do it with DPP but it's the same thing.

                                      To find Bulbasaurs moveset (The first one) search for Bulbasaur's Ruby moveset which can be found at a site like bulbapedia or serebii.
                                      o coolio that helps alot thanks
                                      and when i said changing the weather i meant is there a way to make one town or route snow or rain or stuff like that??
                                      o and if its not too much trouble i havnt been able to find the bytes for the fire red starters..
                                      i assumed if i searched 010004000700 i would find the info but i found a line like this changed the codes and nuthin changed..
                                      i also searched different combinations of the codes (040001000700, 070001000400, etc.) and changed them all and nuthin changed..
                                      and if ur wonderin why im using hexedit for all this its cuz i have a mac and this is all i can do right now...
                                      once i fix this pc i have ima make a hack and this is just sumpthin to do in the meantime hehe
                                      __________________

                                      Soul Silver
                                      2794 3731 4736
                                      Trade Thread
                                      http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=220031
                                      ^old might start it back up at somepoint..^

                                      ^Old as Hell; Back when i used to dream about making my own rom, but the compatablilty limitations of my mac prevented it..^
                                        #8899    
                                      Old April 14th, 2009 (1:17 PM).
                                      Crocky's Avatar
                                      Crocky Crocky is offline
                                      SuperScarlet!
                                         
                                        Join Date: Feb 2009
                                        Posts: 95
                                        Does anyone know the special function for pokemon ruby?
                                          #8900    
                                        Old April 14th, 2009 (1:57 PM).
                                        ElusionM ElusionM is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Jul 2007
                                          Nature: Adamant
                                          Posts: 41
                                          QUESTION for EMERALD:

                                          HOW can I make it so that UNLESS I set the clock in the beginning, I am NOT allowed to leave my room?

                                          Meaning, if I try to exit my room without setting the clock, a message says "I have to set the clock first".

                                          Help.
                                          Closed Thread

                                          Quick Reply

                                          Join the conversation!

                                          Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                          Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                          Sponsored Links
                                          Thread Tools

                                          Posting Rules
                                          You may not post new threads
                                          You may not post replies
                                          You may not post attachments
                                          You may not edit your posts

                                          BB code is On
                                          Smilies are On
                                          [IMG] code is On
                                          HTML code is Off

                                          Forum Jump


                                          All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:43 PM.