ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread

Old May 15th, 2009 (2:29 AM).
Beginner Rom Hacker

Nature: Relaxed
    When you make a new warp in advanced map, what does the unknown do? is it very important? if so what is it used for?

Relevant Advertising!

Old May 15th, 2009 (7:00 AM).
    :D

Nature: Docile
      Um hello there. I have a few questions.

1. Is there another program I can use to change the picture an backpic ect of the pokemon? for some reason when I use pokepic it changes the pallette when i export it, so every colour comes out different when I put a picture in, and it also corrupts my ROM. It also goes all funny when i import it, taking out the black and white parts

2. Is there a program other then that unLZ one because that doesnt seem tow work with mine. I would need one to change the title screen.

3. Is there a program I can use to edit the main character sprites? So i can a whole new mian character.

For this I am using a USA version of a fire red ROM.
      Old May 15th, 2009 (8:45 AM).
      Expert Trainer

1. How to i change the Pokedex order WITHOUT having to use a Hex Editor...
        I dont even know what a Hex Editor does or is...

2. How do i edit the World Map WITHOUT Hex Editor?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
        Old May 15th, 2009 (9:05 AM).
        ಥдಥ
        • Silver Tier

Nature: Calm
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Sirolu View Post
        1. How to i change the Pokedex order WITHOUT having to use a Hex Editor...
        I dont even know what a Hex Editor does or is...

2. How do i edit the World Map WITHOUT Hex Editor?
        1. Not sure if there is a program for that... but I could be wrong.

2. Huh... no other way to do it, as with your first question. There are no programs for this atm.

Final note, BOTH of these require HEX editing, you are moving bytes of memory around to get your desired effect. The programs you would use to do this just do all the byte relocation and calculations for you

SMEARGLE SOLO CHALLENGE
        HARDCORE EDITION
        To vanquish without peril is to triumph without glory...
        Voted Best Game Designer 2011 on PC
        Old May 15th, 2009 (9:08 AM).
        Expert Trainer

Quote:
          Originally Posted by ЩѻƦḽᶑʂḽдƴƹƦ™ View Post
          1. Not sure if there is a program for that... but I could be wrong.

2. Huh... no other way to do it, as with your first question. There are no programs for this atm.

Final note, BOTH of these require HEX editing, you are moving bytes of memory around to get your desired effect. The programs you would use to do this just do all the byte relocation and calculations for you
          I still have no idea what Hex Editing is...
          There IS a Pokedex Editor, called Dexter i think, but, it doesn't work...

Note: I know how to change Flying Positions, but how to change World Map Picture?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
          Old May 15th, 2009 (9:27 AM).
          ಥдಥ
          • Silver Tier

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Sirolu View Post
          I still have no idea what Hex Editing is...
          There IS a Pokedex Editor, called Dexter i think, but, it doesn't work...

Note: I know how to change Flying Positions, but how to change World Map Picture?
          Hex editing is the manipulation of data bytes within a file/document and so forth. By adjusting the values you can manipulate commands that your computer uses to preform a certain task.

If it does not work then saying that the program edits the pokedex is a farse only working programs count.

You need to use unLZ to extract the maps tilemap, open it up in a tile map editor, I use cyclone. From there you can re-arange the map. You can import your new map image into unLZ then extract it in tile map form and then edit it with cyclone.

SMEARGLE SOLO CHALLENGE
          HARDCORE EDITION
          Old May 15th, 2009 (10:53 AM).
          Memento Mori
          • Gold Tier

Hi there I'm sorry if anyone has already asked this question but I have one 'bout IconED.
          Could anyone tell me how to change icons there? I mean if I have to draw them or is there any other way

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
          Old May 15th, 2009 (11:57 AM).
          ಥдಥ
          • Silver Tier

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
          Hi there I'm sorry if anyone has already asked this question but I have one 'bout IconED.
          Could anyone tell me how to change icons there? I mean if I have to draw them or is there any other way

You have to draw them or find someone who has drawn them and have them export it for you so you can import it.

SMEARGLE SOLO CHALLENGE
          HARDCORE EDITION
          Old May 15th, 2009 (1:05 PM).
          :D

Nature: Docile
            I have another question.

I recently got the shiny hack maker from here. I think it was on page 3 of the toolbox subsection. anyway, it says patched and I can't click patch again. Thats not the problem. The problem is that for some reason none of the pokemon are shiny. So what does it do? do I need to do anything extra?
            Old May 15th, 2009 (3:59 PM).
            Looking for time travellers.

Where can I find a tool to edit the introduction scenes with Oak? I've been looking for a while.
              Thanks
              Old May 15th, 2009 (4:05 PM).
              Oh Hai Thar~
              • Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
              Quote:
              IconEd...?
              I have a tutorial once about that but I am not sure if it's useful... :\
              Old May 15th, 2009 (4:25 PM).

In a hex editor, I'm trying to repoint the type strengths and weaknesses in Ruby version to some free space because there isn't enough room for me to add the types I want to add. I read a bunch of tutorials, including something about reversing the bit numbers (Such as 1A3B0A to 0A3B1A), but the problem is... I don't know what I'm supposed to even click on! Can someone tell me a specific list of what I have to do? Preferably as specific as possible... I'm just the kinda guy who can't add 2+2, but I can do, say (81/3)*(X/420) = 82 in my head (Metaphorically, I mean, who CAN'T add 2+2?). In other words, I think outside of the box too often.

(I can do the actual type editing on my own, so... I don't really need help there.)
                Old May 16th, 2009 (12:08 AM).
                Red Dead Revolver

Nature: Modest
                  I have a problem,when I put a gym leader it has a normal trainer music,what to do to give him a gym leader music?,I've got the same problem with a legendry pokemon that got a music of a normal pokemon. I also don't know what to put in setflag in order to make zapdos dissaper...
                  please help I'm asking this several times,but nobody answers....
                  Old May 16th, 2009 (12:40 AM).
                  Memento Mori
                  • Gold Tier

Trainer - Use A-Trainer check one gym leader and remember the music number he has for example I'll be using Blaine in FR
                  Here's a screen -
                  see? Music has number 0 So that means Gym Leader's music is 0 here
                  Pokemon legendary music - You have to script it I think music is "sound 0x4B" but I'm not sure

Old May 16th, 2009 (4:20 AM).
                  Gone
                  • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                  Trainer - Use A-Trainer check one gym leader and remember the music number he has for example I'll be using Blaine in FR
                  Here's a screen -
                  Spoiler:

Pokemon legendary music - You have to script it I think music is "sound 0x4B" but I'm not sure
                  Well, that's where you're wrong. There's currently no way of changing the in-battle music with any tool. The Music in A-Trainer is the music it plays when the trainer challenges you. I've figured out how to change the in-battle music in Emerald, and given that information to HackMew, but I think he's not going to implement it into A-Trainer until the method to to this on R/S/FR/LG is known as well. Also, those data are stored for each trainer class, not for every individual trainer, and they're nowhere near the actual trainer data.
                  As for the Wild Battle music, it's the same way, I think. It's stored somewhere in the ROM, but I think it's not stored for EVERY Pokémon, just for the ones that have a special music.
                  Old May 16th, 2009 (4:37 AM).
                  School days again...

Nature: Naughty
                    Why when I insert the D/P sprite of Eevee, it turned like this:
                    Old May 16th, 2009 (4:40 AM).
                    Red Dead Revolver

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Larsie13 View Post
                      Well, that's where you're wrong. There's currently no way of changing the in-battle music with any tool. The Music in A-Trainer is the music it plays when the trainer challenges you. I've figured out how to change the in-battle music in Emerald, and given that information to HackMew, but I think he's not going to implement it into A-Trainer until the method to to this on R/S/FR/LG is known as well. Also, those data are stored for each trainer class, not for every individual trainer, and they're nowhere near the actual trainer data.
                      As for the Wild Battle music, it's the same way, I think. It's stored somewhere in the ROM, but I think it's not stored for EVERY Pokémon, just for the ones that have a special music.
                      OK but what to put in set flag to make zapdos dissaper -___-
                      Old May 16th, 2009 (4:44 AM).
                      More cowbell~
                      • Silver Tier

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by onyx79 View Post
                      I have a problem,when I put a gym leader it has a normal trainer music,what to do to give him a gym leader music?,I've got the same problem with a legendry pokemon that got a music of a normal pokemon. I also don't know what to put in setflag in order to make zapdos dissaper...
                      please help I'm asking this several times,but nobody answers....
                      Change Zapdos' ID to the number of the flag. The gym leader class has it's own music. MM_X's ASM music hack will let you "replace" which music is played during an event with a different one.

Quote:
                      Here's a screen -
                      Like Larsie13 said, that changes the encounter music

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Larsie13 View Post
                      the ASM music hack will let you "replace" which music is played during an event with a different one.

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by 874521 View Post
                      Why when I insert the D/P sprite of Eevee, it turned like this:
                      I believe you may have ruined the palette, Consult Destinedjagold as he has inserted DP Pokemon into a Pokemon gba ROM
                      Old May 16th, 2009 (5:12 AM).
                      Memento Mori
                      • Gold Tier

Oh sorry to say it... I thought that's what he want
                      and thanks for help djg I'll try it

Old May 16th, 2009 (8:28 AM).
                      ZE ULTIMATE POWA

I tried EVERY SINGLE TUTORIAL, but they don't work. I'm trying to put in the world map but it never works. I can't get past the part where you put in the hex and stuff, I guess I'll never make a hack.:'(

Here's my world map:

Old May 16th, 2009 (8:19 PM).

I'm trying to make the guys in another room disappear after I've beaten this trainer in a different room.
                          I'm not really sure how to, help appreciated =)
                          Old May 17th, 2009 (1:16 AM).
                          hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!

Nature: Bashful
                            Umm, I need help about 2 things, but 1 I need to know right away.

How do you change the National Pokedex's order? I guess it may involve Hex Editing, and I would like to know how, or even if it is possible.

Temmie vibrates intensely.

awwAwa cute!! (pets u)

OMG!! humans TOO CUTE (dies)

can't blame a BARK for tryin'...

RATED TEM OUTTA TEM.

Old May 17th, 2009 (1:46 AM).
                            Gone
                            • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Marxvile View Post
                            Umm, I need help about 2 things, but 1 I need to know right away.

How do you change the National Pokedex's order? I guess it may involve Hex Editing, and I would like to know how, or even if it is possible.
                            It's explained here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=3513754&postcount=12
                            Old May 17th, 2009 (2:34 AM).

I gave the main char a bike, but Prof Oak stops it from riding on these maps i made. Ive searched forums but, bike has too many threads.

Help please?
                              thanks

"What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion."

Old May 17th, 2009 (3:06 AM).
                              Gone
                              • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by kalsard View Post
                              I gave the main char a bike, but Prof Oak stops it from riding on these maps i made. Ive searched forums but, bike has too many threads.

Help please?
                              thanks
                              That's probably because the Map Type is Inside. Look at the Header Tab in A-Map, somewhere it should say "Type" under Map Options. Change that to Village, City or Route, and you should be able to ride your bike.
                              Closed Thread

Quick Reply