ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #10451    
Old July 16th, 2009 (3:18 PM).
:3 :3 is offline
3:
     
    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Age: 24
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 156
    What Im trying to do is put a new pokemon into my Fire Red rom.
    I'm trying not to overwrite any other one So Im trying to use one of the 25 empty slots, and juts assign the offsets using Poke Editor Pro.

    But, I need to know how to find out how much space my sprite takes up, specifically the pallet. I thought since it's 16 colors, It would take up 16 bytes, So I searched for 16 in FSF and then put that offset into Unlz. then into Poke Editor Pro. But when I go to the game and try to battle with it (Chimchar) it doesnt show the back sprite at all, it just looks like static on a tv, but with chimchars colors. The front picture of it is fine because I used the same amount of space that the front sprite used for it's pallet, (I think 700)

    Basically, I want to know how much space a pallet takes up, if I should use FF or 00, and what are the downsides of not writing over a sprite.

    Sorry for the long question, and thanks to anyone who can help! [:

    Relevant Advertising!

      #10452    
    Old July 17th, 2009 (12:33 AM). Edited July 17th, 2009 by ben23492.
    ben23492's Avatar
    ben23492 ben23492 is offline
       
      Join Date: Apr 2009
      Posts: 41
      What is the tool to edit scripts in Pokemon Diamond?
      Or what is the file to open in XSE from Diamond?

      Also, whenever I finish the battle against the first starly, my game freezes, is it because I tried to change the starters?

      EDIT: I fixed the freezing by having the sound on.
        #10453    
      Old July 17th, 2009 (12:39 AM).
      0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
      0m3GA ARS3NAL 0m3GA ARS3NAL is offline
      Im comin' home...
      • Silver Tier
       
      Join Date: Jan 2008
      Location: Superjail Penitentiary
      Age: 24
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Gentle
      Posts: 1,812
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by ben23492 View Post
      What is the tool to edit scripts in Pokemon Diamond?
      Or what is the file to open in XSE from Diamond?

      Also, whenever I finish the battle against the first starly, my game freezes, is it because I tried to change the starters?
      There is no script 'tool' for diamond.
      __________________
      >Boot Jailbot
      >Pass *****
      .
      .
      Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
      Greetings Warden
      of Superjail Penitentiary
      Awaiting user input...

      >Display User_Info
      ╠══User Info══╣
      Username:
      0m3GA ARS3NAL
      Age: 18
      Sex: Male ♂
      Race: Caucasian
      Quote:
      "What is this
      I don't even..."

      M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
      ╠══End of File══╣
      Awaiting user input...

      >
        #10454    
      Old July 17th, 2009 (12:46 AM).
      ben23492's Avatar
      ben23492 ben23492 is offline
         
        Join Date: Apr 2009
        Posts: 41
        Oh
        Well is there any way to change the script?
        Or at least change the starters? DP Starter Editor didn't work for me.
          #10455    
        Old July 17th, 2009 (12:49 AM).
        maxieboy34's Avatar
        maxieboy34 maxieboy34 is offline
           
          Join Date: Apr 2008
          Location: Netherlands
          Age: 24
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Relaxed
          Posts: 25
          How do you change the animation of a door when you walk trough it? I inserted Pokémon Center tiles, and I set the tile of the door too have a door warp. (69-00).
          But then when I walk trough the door, its just like you walk into a cave, just fading to black, and then fading in the Pokémon Center. And another strange thing: You HEAR the sound of the door of the Pokémon Center, but I never said anywhere it is a door of a Pokémon Center! My question is: How can you let the door go open with an animation like the standard Pokémon Center? Using Ruby. (sorry I'm asking so many questions )
          __________________
          By the time you finish reading this signature you realise you have wasted 10 seconds of your life.
            #10456    
          Old July 17th, 2009 (1:00 AM).
          onyx79's Avatar
          onyx79 onyx79 is offline
          Red Dead Revolver
             
            Join Date: Jan 2009
            Location: Orange Islands (=
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Modest
            Posts: 503
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by maxieboy34 View Post
            How do you change the animation of a door when you walk trough it? I inserted Pokémon Center tiles, and I set the tile of the door too have a door warp. (69-00).
            But then when I walk trough the door, its just like you walk into a cave, just fading to black, and then fading in the Pokémon Center. And another strange thing: You HEAR the sound of the door of the Pokémon Center, but I never said anywhere it is a door of a Pokémon Center! My question is: How can you let the door go open with an animation like the standard Pokémon Center? Using Ruby. (sorry I'm asking so many questions )
            go to block edit and click the door it will hvave a behavior so give it door\warp search this there....
            __________________
            my room base: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5397075&postcount=64
              #10457    
            Old July 17th, 2009 (1:58 AM).
            ben23492's Avatar
            ben23492 ben23492 is offline
               
              Join Date: Apr 2009
              Posts: 41
              There's no tool in no$gba to take a screenshot of the game is there?
              So to take a good one, do I just use shift + print screen?
                #10458    
              Old July 17th, 2009 (2:00 AM).
              0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
              0m3GA ARS3NAL 0m3GA ARS3NAL is offline
              Im comin' home...
              • Silver Tier
               
              Join Date: Jan 2008
              Location: Superjail Penitentiary
              Age: 24
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Gentle
              Posts: 1,812
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by ben23492 View Post
              There's no tool in no$gba to take a screenshot of the game is there?
              So to take a good one, do I just use shift + print screen?
              Just Print Screen is needed (If you use Windows XP, I think Vista is same.)

              Then open up paint, and press CTRL+V
              __________________
              >Boot Jailbot
              >Pass *****
              .
              .
              Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
              Greetings Warden
              of Superjail Penitentiary
              Awaiting user input...

              >Display User_Info
              ╠══User Info══╣
              Username:
              0m3GA ARS3NAL
              Age: 18
              Sex: Male ♂
              Race: Caucasian
              Quote:
              "What is this
              I don't even..."

              M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
              ╠══End of File══╣
              Awaiting user input...

              >
                #10459    
              Old July 17th, 2009 (2:02 AM).
              maxieboy34's Avatar
              maxieboy34 maxieboy34 is offline
                 
                Join Date: Apr 2008
                Location: Netherlands
                Age: 24
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Relaxed
                Posts: 25
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by onyx79 View Post
                go to block edit and click the door it will hvave a behavior so give it door\warp search this there....
                I already did that (69 00 in behaviour type) but then you hear only the sound, but I want to
                have the animation too...
                __________________
                By the time you finish reading this signature you realise you have wasted 10 seconds of your life.
                  #10460    
                Old July 17th, 2009 (2:05 AM).
                Banjora Marxvile's Avatar
                Banjora Marxvile Banjora Marxvile is offline
                hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
                   
                  Join Date: May 2008
                  Age: 23
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Bashful
                  Posts: 3,487
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by maxieboy34 View Post
                  I already did that (69 00 in behaviour type) but then you hear only the sound, but I want to
                  have the animation too...
                  Statement: The animation is changed differently than just editing the Warp type. I haven't a clue on how to do it, but I have a feeling that a tutorial may help you. Try searching there, and if no answers are found, try asking someone who has already done it.
                  __________________


                  Temmie vibrates intensely.

                  awwAwa cute!! (pets u)

                  OMG!! humans TOO CUTE (dies)

                  can't blame a BARK for tryin'...

                  RATED TEM OUTTA TEM.

                    #10461    
                  Old July 17th, 2009 (3:01 AM).
                  huntley93 huntley93 is offline
                     
                    Join Date: May 2009
                    Gender:
                    Posts: 20
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL View Post
                    That is because the event is not activated.
                    You can't just activate it like that, you'll have to make it a part of the script to check for that item, and have it take you there...
                    so if i use a basic give item script it should work.
                      #10462    
                    Old July 17th, 2009 (3:46 AM).
                    ben23492's Avatar
                    ben23492 ben23492 is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Apr 2009
                      Posts: 41
                      How do you edit scripts in Diamond?
                        #10463    
                      Old July 17th, 2009 (4:33 AM).
                      Matteron (96)'s Avatar
                      Matteron (96) Matteron (96) is offline
                      Difference is everything...
                      • Gold Tier
                       
                      Join Date: May 2008
                      Age: 20
                      Posts: 270
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ben23492 View Post
                      How do you edit scripts in Diamond?
                      ...didn't you ask this already...the answer is: you can't...
                      Edit: Oh I'm sorry didn't read your question correctly, I'm not exactly sure, but I'm pretty sure you have to hex edit the scripts...
                      __________________
                      Matteron(96)
                      Currently Playing--->
                      Progress: Post-Game
                      Current Team:


                      In Terms of Hacking...
                      Favorite ROM
                      Skills
                      Working On
                      In Terms of Game Dev...
                      Working On
                      News
                      I'm currently up for hire, for almost anything in ROM hacking, so just send me a PM.
                        #10464    
                      Old July 17th, 2009 (5:02 AM).
                      Eternal Finality Eternal Finality is offline
                         
                        Join Date: May 2008
                        Posts: 38
                        When I try to Insert new maps in Advance Map, I give it a name and place it on a new bank, it still ends up with the name 'Pallet Town' and I can't change that without changing the name of the original Pallet town. Can anyone help me with this?
                          #10465    
                        Old July 17th, 2009 (7:16 AM).
                        Matteron (96)'s Avatar
                        Matteron (96) Matteron (96) is offline
                        Difference is everything...
                        • Gold Tier
                         
                        Join Date: May 2008
                        Age: 20
                        Posts: 270
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Eternal Finality View Post
                        When I try to Insert new maps in Advance Map, I give it a name and place it on a new bank, it still ends up with the name 'Pallet Town' and I can't change that without changing the name of the original Pallet town. Can anyone help me with this?
                        An easy way would be to find a map name that you don't need, and change those, for example I use sevii isle 7, 8, 9 those are all maps that are pointless...At least thats what I think
                        __________________
                        Matteron(96)
                        Currently Playing--->
                        Progress: Post-Game
                        Current Team:


                        In Terms of Hacking...
                        Favorite ROM
                        Skills
                        Working On
                        In Terms of Game Dev...
                        Working On
                        News
                        I'm currently up for hire, for almost anything in ROM hacking, so just send me a PM.
                          #10466    
                        Old July 17th, 2009 (7:29 AM).
                        Pokepal17's Avatar
                        Pokepal17 Pokepal17 is offline
                        More cowbell~
                        • Silver Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Oct 2008
                        Location: Steeltown
                        Age: 22
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Modest
                        Posts: 1,511
                        I'll ask again, does anybody know where I can find Enrico Marini's revamped G/S trainer sprites?
                        __________________
                        Pokémon Stardrop
                          #10467    
                        Old July 17th, 2009 (7:46 AM).
                        Eternal Finality Eternal Finality is offline
                           
                          Join Date: May 2008
                          Posts: 38
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Matteron (96) View Post
                          An easy way would be to find a map name that you don't need, and change those, for example I use sevii isle 7, 8, 9 those are all maps that are pointless...At least thats what I think
                          I see, but that would only work for three different areas, wouldn't it?
                          __________________
                            #10468    
                          Old July 17th, 2009 (7:52 AM).
                          trebornosliw's Avatar
                          trebornosliw trebornosliw is offline
                          Learning
                             
                            Join Date: Jul 2009
                            Age: 25
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Adamant
                            Posts: 523
                            Can someone tell me what is wrong with this script?
                            #ORG $begin
                            lock
                            faceplayer
                            checkflag 0x200
                            if B_true goto $done
                            message $agenttalk
                            boxset 6
                            giveitem 0xD 1
                            setflag 0x200
                            release
                            end
                            #org $done
                            message $agenttalk2
                            boxset 6
                            release
                            end
                            #org $agenttalk
                            $agenttalk 1 = Ssh! Stay down! \v\h01.\pHere, take this!
                            #org $aidtalk2
                            $agenttalk2 1 = Be careful!

                            I want the character to give me a potion, but instead the screen goes pink. For some reason none of my scripts work properly (this is Pokescript by the way).
                              #10469    
                            Old July 17th, 2009 (8:03 AM).
                            Swampert69's Avatar
                            Swampert69 Swampert69 is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Jul 2009
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 5
                              Does somebody know how to edit the text from prof oak in the intro from Leaf Green?
                                #10470    
                              Old July 17th, 2009 (8:22 AM).
                              onyx79's Avatar
                              onyx79 onyx79 is offline
                              Red Dead Revolver
                                 
                                Join Date: Jan 2009
                                Location: Orange Islands (=
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Modest
                                Posts: 503
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Swampert69 View Post
                                Does somebody know how to edit the text from prof oak in the intro from Leaf Green?
                                try a-text it's easy,I don't knoe about any other tools that can do this....
                                __________________
                                my room base: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5397075&postcount=64
                                  #10471    
                                Old July 17th, 2009 (8:28 AM).
                                Matteron (96)'s Avatar
                                Matteron (96) Matteron (96) is offline
                                Difference is everything...
                                • Gold Tier
                                 
                                Join Date: May 2008
                                Age: 20
                                Posts: 270
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Swampert69 View Post
                                Does somebody know how to edit the text from prof oak in the intro from Leaf Green?
                                use advance text, and you should search before posting this question...I'm sure there's some sort of tut in the document and tutorials section.
                                __________________
                                Matteron(96)
                                Currently Playing--->
                                Progress: Post-Game
                                Current Team:


                                In Terms of Hacking...
                                Favorite ROM
                                Skills
                                Working On
                                In Terms of Game Dev...
                                Working On
                                News
                                I'm currently up for hire, for almost anything in ROM hacking, so just send me a PM.
                                  #10472    
                                Old July 17th, 2009 (8:28 AM).
                                Aljam's Avatar
                                Aljam Aljam is offline
                                Pierce the heavens
                                • Gold Tier
                                 
                                Join Date: Jul 2008
                                Location: Canada
                                Age: 23
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Modest
                                Posts: 583
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by trebornosliw View Post
                                Can someone tell me what is wrong with this script?
                                #ORG $begin
                                lock
                                faceplayer
                                checkflag 0x200
                                if B_true goto $done
                                message $agenttalk
                                boxset 6
                                giveitem 0xD 1
                                setflag 0x200
                                release
                                end
                                #org $done
                                message $agenttalk2
                                boxset 6
                                release
                                end
                                #org $agenttalk
                                $agenttalk 1 = Ssh! Stay down! \v\h01.\pHere, take this!
                                #org $aidtalk2
                                $agenttalk2 1 = Be careful!

                                I want the character to give me a potion, but instead the screen goes pink. For some reason none of my scripts work properly (this is Pokescript by the way).
                                You may want to try the Script Help Thread
                                __________________
                                Paired with Druyii.
                                  #10473    
                                Old July 17th, 2009 (8:45 AM).
                                trebornosliw's Avatar
                                trebornosliw trebornosliw is offline
                                Learning
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jul 2009
                                  Age: 25
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Adamant
                                  Posts: 523
                                  The script help thread is closed, but never mind, I've figured it out.
                                    #10474    
                                  Old July 17th, 2009 (9:12 AM).
                                  Banjora Marxvile's Avatar
                                  Banjora Marxvile Banjora Marxvile is offline
                                  hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
                                     
                                    Join Date: May 2008
                                    Age: 23
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Bashful
                                    Posts: 3,487
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by trebornosliw View Post
                                    The script help thread is closed, but never mind, I've figured it out.
                                    Clarification: The script help thread is not closed. It is a sticked thread, about 1 or 2 spaces below this thread. Surely you searched more thoroughly before asking? Proof: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=163576 is the Script Help thread.
                                    __________________


                                    Temmie vibrates intensely.

                                    awwAwa cute!! (pets u)

                                    OMG!! humans TOO CUTE (dies)

                                    can't blame a BARK for tryin'...

                                    RATED TEM OUTTA TEM.

                                      #10475    
                                    Old July 17th, 2009 (9:38 AM).
                                    Swampert69's Avatar
                                    Swampert69 Swampert69 is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jul 2009
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Posts: 5
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Matteron (96) View Post
                                      use advance text, and you should search before posting this question...I'm sure there's some sort of tut in the document and tutorials section.

                                      I used advance text but the intro can't be edited.
                                      Closed Thread

                                      Quick Reply

                                      Join the conversation!

                                      Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                      Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                      Sponsored Links
                                      Thread Tools

                                      Posting Rules
                                      You may not post new threads
                                      You may not post replies
                                      You may not post attachments
                                      You may not edit your posts

                                      BB code is On
                                      Smilies are On
                                      [IMG] code is On
                                      HTML code is Off

                                      Forum Jump


                                      All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:22 AM.