ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #11276    
Old August 25th, 2009 (10:16 AM).
NarutoActor's Avatar
NarutoActor NarutoActor is offline
The rocks cry out to me
  • Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Brooklyn/Marlboro
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Bashful
Posts: 1,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post
Well there's no point in a back up since it's happened in every ROM I've ever used. How would I go about fixing it btw...
a text editor theres one that comes with eleite map


also dose anyone know how to change the badges in fr
secend time asking
__________________
~There are those people who understand hex, F the rest

Relevant Advertising!

  #11277    
Old August 25th, 2009 (10:17 AM).
Gamer2020's Avatar
Gamer2020 Gamer2020 is offline
Accept no Imitations!
     
    Join Date: Jun 2008
    Location: Distant Land
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Bold
    Posts: 902
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by narutoactor View Post
    a text editor theres one that comes with eleite map


    also dose anyone know how to change the badges in fr
    secend time asking
    I just told you.
    You can find them in UNlz. Look for them then edit them like you would any UNlz Image...
    __________________

      #11278    
    Old August 25th, 2009 (10:23 AM).
    NarutoActor's Avatar
    NarutoActor NarutoActor is offline
    The rocks cry out to me
    • Silver Tier
     
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Location: Brooklyn/Marlboro
    Age: 23
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Bashful
    Posts: 1,979
    oh okay thanks I thought that it would be diferent for fr then ruby
    __________________
    ~There are those people who understand hex, F the rest
      #11279    
    Old August 25th, 2009 (10:31 AM).
    Gamer2020's Avatar
    Gamer2020 Gamer2020 is offline
    Accept no Imitations!
       
      Join Date: Jun 2008
      Location: Distant Land
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Bold
      Posts: 902
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by narutoactor View Post
      oh okay thanks I thought that it would be diferent for fr then ruby
      It is different.

      FR/LG/E - Use UNlz

      R/S - Use tile molester.
      __________________

        #11280    
      Old August 25th, 2009 (10:36 AM).
      siper x's Avatar
      siper x siper x is offline
      I'm Russia, Fear Russia
         
        Join Date: Jul 2009
        Age: 21
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Lonely
        Posts: 376
        repost 3
        how do you make it so a person event spearow battle happens, then that person event, and 2 others dissapear?

        xse scripts please. for all 3.
        __________________
        Never wish for death, but life. If you die, who will protect those precious to you?

        Blood brother to Kroso
          #11281    
        Old August 25th, 2009 (10:41 AM).
        NarutoActor's Avatar
        NarutoActor NarutoActor is offline
        The rocks cry out to me
        • Silver Tier
         
        Join Date: Jan 2009
        Location: Brooklyn/Marlboro
        Age: 23
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Bashful
        Posts: 1,979
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Gamer2020 View Post
        It is different.

        FR/LG/E - Use UNlz

        R/S - Use tile molester.
        I found the image in unzl gba but I cant find the right platelet I search trow 1000 pals and none of them match should I use black and whight or do you know the pal number
        __________________
        ~There are those people who understand hex, F the rest
          #11282    
        Old August 25th, 2009 (11:14 AM).
        Sanyco-007's Avatar
        Sanyco-007 Sanyco-007 is offline
        Beginning Hacker
           
          Join Date: Jan 2009
          Location: Ukraine
          Age: 25
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 17
          What codec I must use to find badges icons in Ruby?
            #11283    
          Old August 25th, 2009 (12:25 PM).
          TehBazzard's Avatar
          TehBazzard TehBazzard is offline
          Main creator of FireRed+
             
            Join Date: Aug 2009
            Posts: 66
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by TehBazzard View Post
            How do I set a trainers battle theme? Like lets say I replace a song in the games file with a custom song. how would I get that custom song to play when I fight certain trainers?
            bump
            Also if that question can't be answered, I do have another one.
            What would be a script for a Yes/No question, with Yes leading to a trainer battle, then the trainer giving you an item after the battle?
            __________________

            The thread for my hack is here http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=192355

            Team Silvery Sparks:
            http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=5043741
              #11284    
            Old August 25th, 2009 (1:23 PM).
            0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
            0m3GA ARS3NAL 0m3GA ARS3NAL is offline
            Im comin' home...
            • Silver Tier
             
            Join Date: Jan 2008
            Location: Superjail Penitentiary
            Age: 24
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Gentle
            Posts: 1,812
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by TehBazzard View Post
            bump
            Also if that question can't be answered, I do have another one.
            What would be a script for a Yes/No question, with Yes leading to a trainer battle, then the trainer giving you an item after the battle?
            This requires ASM knowledge.
            Here, I'll give you a link to the ASM and how to insert it.
            It is up to YOU to figure it all out.
            http://sfc.pokemon-inside.net/lesson.php?id=13&lang=en
            Please note, if you use this ASM, you should give credit to Mastermind_X for making it.
            __________________
            >Boot Jailbot
            >Pass *****
            .
            .
            Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
            Greetings Warden
            of Superjail Penitentiary
            Awaiting user input...

            >Display User_Info
            ╠══User Info══╣
            Username:
            0m3GA ARS3NAL
            Age: 18
            Sex: Male ♂
            Race: Caucasian
            Quote:
            "What is this
            I don't even..."

            M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
            ╠══End of File══╣
            Awaiting user input...

            >
              #11285    
            Old August 25th, 2009 (1:51 PM).
            TehBazzard's Avatar
            TehBazzard TehBazzard is offline
            Main creator of FireRed+
               
              Join Date: Aug 2009
              Posts: 66
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL View Post
              This requires ASM knowledge.
              Here, I'll give you a link to the ASM and how to insert it.
              It is up to YOU to figure it all out.
              http://sfc.pokemon-inside.net/lesson.php?id=13&lang=en
              Please note, if you use this ASM, you should give credit to Mastermind_X for making it.
              2 questions about that.
              What program do I use with that guide, and also, a code came up like this:
              Code:
              00cffef0h: FE B4 05 1C 1B 48 20 49 00 F0 33 F8 00 22 90 42 ; þ´...H I.ð3ø."B
              00cfff00h: 0B D0 03 88 1B 49 8B 42 07 D0 AB 42 05 D1 17 48 ; .Ð.ˆ.I‹B.ЫB.Ñ.H
              00cfff10h: 19 49 00 F0 26 F8 05 88 12 E0 13 48 16 49 00 F0 ; .I.ð&ø.ˆ.à.H.I.ð
              00cfff20h: 20 F8 00 22 90 42 0B D0 03 88 12 49 8B 42 07 D0 ;  ø."B.Ð.ˆ.I‹B.Ð
              00cfff30h: AB 42 05 D1 0E 48 10 49 00 F0 13 F8 05 88 FF E7 ; «B.Ñ.H.I.ð.ø.ˆÿç
              00cfff40h: 28 04 FE BC 0D 4A 04 B4 0D 4A 0E 49 40 0B 40 18 ; (.þ¼.J.´.J.I@.@.
              00cfff50h: 83 88 59 00 C9 18 89 00 89 18 0A 68 01 68 10 1C ; ƒˆY.É.‰.‰..h.h..
              00cfff60h: 00 BD 08 47 14 10 00 00 15 10 00 00 16 10 00 00 ; .½.G............
              00cfff70h: 17 10 00 00 FF FF 00 00 55 E4 06 08 0F D1 1D 08 ; ....ÿÿ..Uä...Ñ..
              00cfff80h: 9C 32 4A 08 CC 32 4A 08 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ; œ2J.Ì2J.........
              I think I see corrupt text by the right of the code, but is that normal?
              __________________

              The thread for my hack is here http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=192355

              Team Silvery Sparks:
              http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=5043741
                #11286    
              Old August 25th, 2009 (2:02 PM).
              Gamer2020's Avatar
              Gamer2020 Gamer2020 is offline
              Accept no Imitations!
                 
                Join Date: Jun 2008
                Location: Distant Land
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Bold
                Posts: 902
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by narutoactor View Post
                I found the image in unzl gba but I cant find the right platelet I search trow 1000 pals and none of them match should I use black and whight or do you know the pal number
                Find the pallete in APE using VBA.
                then import it into the Image.


                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Sanyco-007 View Post
                What codec I must use to find badges icons in Ruby?
                Codec?

                Just open it and look for them.
                You may need to use the +, -, <, >
                __________________

                  #11287    
                Old August 25th, 2009 (2:06 PM).
                0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
                0m3GA ARS3NAL 0m3GA ARS3NAL is offline
                Im comin' home...
                • Silver Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2008
                Location: Superjail Penitentiary
                Age: 24
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Gentle
                Posts: 1,812
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by TehBazzard View Post
                2 questions about that.
                What program do I use with that guide, and also, a code came up like this:
                Code:
                00cffef0h: FE B4 05 1C 1B 48 20 49 00 F0 33 F8 00 22 90 42 ; þ´...H I.ð3ø."B
                00cfff00h: 0B D0 03 88 1B 49 8B 42 07 D0 AB 42 05 D1 17 48 ; .Ð.ˆ.I‹B.ЫB.Ñ.H
                00cfff10h: 19 49 00 F0 26 F8 05 88 12 E0 13 48 16 49 00 F0 ; .I.ð&ø.ˆ.à.H.I.ð
                00cfff20h: 20 F8 00 22 90 42 0B D0 03 88 12 49 8B 42 07 D0 ;  ø."B.Ð.ˆ.I‹B.Ð
                00cfff30h: AB 42 05 D1 0E 48 10 49 00 F0 13 F8 05 88 FF E7 ; «B.Ñ.H.I.ð.ø.ˆÿç
                00cfff40h: 28 04 FE BC 0D 4A 04 B4 0D 4A 0E 49 40 0B 40 18 ; (.þ¼.J.´.J.I@.@.
                00cfff50h: 83 88 59 00 C9 18 89 00 89 18 0A 68 01 68 10 1C ; ƒˆY.É.‰.‰..h.h..
                00cfff60h: 00 BD 08 47 14 10 00 00 15 10 00 00 16 10 00 00 ; .½.G............
                00cfff70h: 17 10 00 00 FF FF 00 00 55 E4 06 08 0F D1 1D 08 ; ....ÿÿ..Uä...Ñ..
                00cfff80h: 9C 32 4A 08 CC 32 4A 08 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ; œ2J.Ì2J.........
                I think I see corrupt text by the right of the code, but is that normal?
                First off, you simply insert the ASM where the guide tells you with a Hex Editor, and that 'corrupt text' is ASCII, don't worry about it.
                __________________
                >Boot Jailbot
                >Pass *****
                .
                .
                Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
                Greetings Warden
                of Superjail Penitentiary
                Awaiting user input...

                >Display User_Info
                ╠══User Info══╣
                Username:
                0m3GA ARS3NAL
                Age: 18
                Sex: Male ♂
                Race: Caucasian
                Quote:
                "What is this
                I don't even..."

                M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
                ╠══End of File══╣
                Awaiting user input...

                >
                  #11288    
                Old August 26th, 2009 (1:17 AM).
                Banjora Marxvile's Avatar
                Banjora Marxvile Banjora Marxvile is offline
                hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
                   
                  Join Date: May 2008
                  Age: 23
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Bashful
                  Posts: 3,487
                  I'm sorry if this has been answered, but how do you change the Door Animations in Ruby? I cannot find the answer to that anywhere, and I would like to know which tools I would need to use.
                  __________________


                  Temmie vibrates intensely.

                  awwAwa cute!! (pets u)

                  OMG!! humans TOO CUTE (dies)

                  can't blame a BARK for tryin'...

                  RATED TEM OUTTA TEM.

                    #11289    
                  Old August 26th, 2009 (1:43 AM).
                  Gamer2020's Avatar
                  Gamer2020 Gamer2020 is offline
                  Accept no Imitations!
                     
                    Join Date: Jun 2008
                    Location: Distant Land
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Bold
                    Posts: 902
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Banjora Marxvile View Post
                    I'm sorry if this has been answered, but how do you change the Door Animations in Ruby? I cannot find the answer to that anywhere, and I would like to know which tools I would need to use.
                    Well that's easy.

                    1.Export the palletes with vba.

                    2.Then open the ROM in tile molester.

                    3. For english ruby go to 003094FC. (If this is ruby for another language then look for them)

                    4. use the +, -, <, > to fix the image.

                    5. import the pallete.

                    6. Edit like you normally would with tile molester...




                    EVERYONE WHO WAS ASKING FOR STUFF FOR RUBY THAT I ANSWERED PREVIOUSLY.

                    Offsets for stuff in Tile Molester (Use Alternate cause it better. Can be found on Snag'em.)

                    AXVE:
                    Door Animations - 0x3094FC
                    Badges - 0x3B59D8
                    Text Font - 0xEA2B68
                    __________________

                      #11290    
                    Old August 26th, 2009 (10:26 AM).
                    jarcon jarcon is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Aug 2009
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 8
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by narutoactor View Post
                      what you can do is decrease the exp gain so level uping takes longer
                      How do I do that exactly?
                        #11291    
                      Old August 26th, 2009 (10:55 AM).
                      OperationEevee's Avatar
                      OperationEevee OperationEevee is offline
                      OperationEevee FTW!
                         
                        Join Date: Aug 2009
                        Location: Canada
                        Age: 23
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Careful
                        Posts: 36
                        So, in my team's ROM hack, you get Eevee as your starter. And, we were wondering how we could possibly make the Eevee follow the trainer through out the game.

                        Someone help please.
                        __________________



                        There are invisible text below. Try and read it if you can.

                        If you can see this, copy and paste into your signature. And message me so I know if you notice it. Now what are you waiting for??? DO IT!!!!!!!!!! This is by Pokestick and he commanded me to do this.
                          #11292    
                        Old August 26th, 2009 (12:01 PM).
                        negative's Avatar
                        negative negative is offline
                        Life returns. Life prevails.
                           
                          Join Date: Aug 2008
                          Location: Ptuj, Slovenia.
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Naughty
                          Posts: 505
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by OperationEevee View Post
                          So, in my team's ROM hack, you get Eevee as your starter. And, we were wondering how we could possibly make the Eevee follow the trainer through out the game.

                          Someone help please.
                          That would take a while-You'll need to script EVERY tile EVERYWHERE, plus it will look very glichy...
                          __________________
                          Pokémon Twisted Mind
                            #11293    
                          Old August 26th, 2009 (12:21 PM).
                          TehBazzard's Avatar
                          TehBazzard TehBazzard is offline
                          Main creator of FireRed+
                             
                            Join Date: Aug 2009
                            Posts: 66
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL View Post
                            First off, you simply insert the ASM where the guide tells you with a Hex Editor, and that 'corrupt text' is ASCII, don't worry about it.
                            I searched the toolbox and I couldn't find any programs that edit Hex. Does anyone know of one I can use?
                            Also, in regards to space in a FireRed ROM, how much additional space would there be in a typical, untouched FireRed ROM?
                            __________________

                            The thread for my hack is here http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=192355

                            Team Silvery Sparks:
                            http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=5043741
                              #11294    
                            Old August 26th, 2009 (12:42 PM).
                            Vince_27's Avatar
                            Vince_27 Vince_27 is offline
                               
                              Join Date: May 2009
                              Location: France
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Calm
                              Posts: 80
                              How can I rom hack with a computer (netbook) with Mandriva Linux (I will use Ubuntu soon) on this.
                              I tried with wine but it can't open.
                              __________________
                              Hacks I support:







                                #11295    
                              Old August 26th, 2009 (2:03 PM).
                              d3c0d3d d3c0d3d is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Aug 2009
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 11
                                Hey, I ran into a problem with AdvanceMap:
                                I want to create my maps from scratch, but when I click on the header tab, it only shows "used tilesets" and "map dimensions", instead of music and the name of the map and everything else. How do I make those show up as well?
                                  #11296    
                                Old August 26th, 2009 (2:32 PM).
                                EeveeBreeder's Avatar
                                EeveeBreeder EeveeBreeder is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jun 2009
                                  Location: Saffron City
                                  Gender: Female
                                  Nature: Adamant
                                  Posts: 1
                                  hello, i was trying to get it so i can start the game in Saffron instead of Pallet Town. and i wanted to have a pokeball on a table with a pokemon inside it. how can i do this?
                                    #11297    
                                  Old August 26th, 2009 (2:34 PM).
                                  NarutoActor's Avatar
                                  NarutoActor NarutoActor is offline
                                  The rocks cry out to me
                                  • Silver Tier
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jan 2009
                                  Location: Brooklyn/Marlboro
                                  Age: 23
                                  Gender: Female
                                  Nature: Bashful
                                  Posts: 1,979
                                  why make them from scrath just edit the maps that are already in the game
                                  __________________
                                  ~There are those people who understand hex, F the rest
                                    #11298    
                                  Old August 26th, 2009 (3:34 PM).
                                  Gamer2020's Avatar
                                  Gamer2020 Gamer2020 is offline
                                  Accept no Imitations!
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jun 2008
                                    Location: Distant Land
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Bold
                                    Posts: 902
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by d3c0d3d View Post
                                    Hey, I ran into a problem with AdvanceMap:
                                    I want to create my maps from scratch, but when I click on the header tab, it only shows "used tilesets" and "map dimensions", instead of music and the name of the map and everything else. How do I make those show up as well?
                                    For that you have to insert the map you made.

                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by TehBazzard View Post
                                    I searched the toolbox and I couldn't find any programs that edit Hex. Does anyone know of one I can use?
                                    Also, in regards to space in a FireRed ROM, how much additional space would there be in a typical, untouched FireRed ROM?
                                    You can find several hex editors on the team snag'em website. (check my sig)
                                    __________________

                                      #11299    
                                    Old August 26th, 2009 (3:48 PM).
                                    NarutoActor's Avatar
                                    NarutoActor NarutoActor is offline
                                    The rocks cry out to me
                                    • Silver Tier
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jan 2009
                                    Location: Brooklyn/Marlboro
                                    Age: 23
                                    Gender: Female
                                    Nature: Bashful
                                    Posts: 1,979
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by TehBazzard View Post
                                    I searched the toolbox and I couldn't find any programs that edit Hex. Does anyone know of one I can use?
                                    Also, in regards to space in a FireRed ROM, how much additional space would there be in a typical, untouched FireRed ROM?
                                    hex workshop is my favorite
                                    and cheers to gamer2020 I rele like the website you made I was able to edit the first screen with nintendo great job
                                    __________________
                                    ~There are those people who understand hex, F the rest
                                      #11300    
                                    Old August 26th, 2009 (7:04 PM).
                                    Gamer2020's Avatar
                                    Gamer2020 Gamer2020 is offline
                                    Accept no Imitations!
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jun 2008
                                      Location: Distant Land
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Bold
                                      Posts: 902
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by narutoactor View Post
                                      hex workshop is my favorite
                                      and cheers to Gamer2020 I rele like the website you made I was able to edit the first screen with nintendo great job
                                      No prob.

                                      Hex Workshop is the best but you must obtain a license somehow *Cough*

                                      If not you can only use it for 30-days. I am not allowed to link to illegal content on Snag'em and of course here neither.

                                      I recommend Transhexlation. Even though it's a bit buggy it works.
                                      __________________

                                      Closed Thread
                                      Quick Reply

                                      Sponsored Links
                                      Thread Tools

                                      Posting Rules
                                      You may not post new threads
                                      You may not post replies
                                      You may not post attachments
                                      You may not edit your posts

                                      BB code is On
                                      Smilies are On
                                      [IMG] code is On
                                      HTML code is Off

                                      Forum Jump


                                      All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:47 AM.