ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread

Old September 7th, 2009 (4:30 AM).

Is there a evolution editor for pokemon platinum?

Relevant Advertising!

Old September 7th, 2009 (5:19 AM).
    Unova?

Nature: Lax
      Alright, I found the flying sprites for Fire Red, there's only one problem.

The sprites are all jumbled together and I can hardly edit anything.
      Old September 7th, 2009 (6:25 AM).

Nature: Bashful
        Does anyone know how to fix bad backsprite palettes? It's in Emerald. I tried APE and read all the tutorials, but nothing seems to work! T-T
        Attached Images
        File Type: png badsprite.png‎ (5.2 KB, 11 views) (Save to Dropbox)
        Old September 7th, 2009 (6:55 AM).
        Tonight!
        • Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Doumuke View Post
        Does anyone know how to fix bad backsprite palettes? It's in Emerald. I tried APE and read all the tutorials, but nothing seems to work! T-T
        That looks like a mismatch of colors in your color palette.
        Here, I can list some possible causes and fixes for you:

• Your palette does not match your backsprite. Be sure that you loaded the correct sprite file that you save the palette from.
        • Your palette has more than 16 colors in it. If it has more colors it can usually mess up the colors like that.
        • Some of your colors in your palette may be switched. You'll have to re save the palette. Also, make sure your transparent color is set first in the palette.
        • You may have the wrong palette loaded in-general. I remember I accidentally switched Gary's palette to another in unLZ and he ended up looking like that when I started the game. His face and what not was a sharp red.
        It looks like your transparent color possibly got switched with whatever the face/skin colors was, resulting in the skin being transparent and the face/everything else having the transparent color. Something like that.
        Old September 7th, 2009 (6:55 AM).
        The rocks cry out to me
        • Silver Tier

try re inserting it with unzl gba with a different platelet
        Old September 7th, 2009 (7:54 AM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Cello View Post
          That looks like a mismatch of colors in your color palette.
          Here, I can list some possible causes and fixes for you:

• Your palette does not match your backsprite. Be sure that you loaded the correct sprite file that you save the palette from.
          • Your palette has more than 16 colors in it. If it has more colors it can usually mess up the colors like that.
          • Some of your colors in your palette may be switched. You'll have to re save the palette. Also, make sure your transparent color is set first in the palette.
          • You may have the wrong palette loaded in-general. I remember I accidentally switched Gary's palette to another in unLZ and he ended up looking like that when I started the game. His face and what not was a sharp red.
          It looks like your transparent color possibly got switched with whatever the face/skin colors was, resulting in the skin being transparent and the face/everything else having the transparent color. Something like that.
          Thank you so much for replying to me, I've been working on this for days straight! <3

Thing is, I'm not sure if I loaded the correct sprite file or not. I didnt have the heroine offset number so I kind of guessed based on the FireRed tutorials. I went into a battle, saved the palette OBJ, replaced possible heroine palettes in APE with it, then loaded it up in Tile Molester. The palette definitely has 16 colors exactly. I did everything in Tile Molester, I couldn't find the backsprites for Emerald in unLZ. So, the only thing I can think of out of your list is the first one, that I just loaded the wrong palette or just completely screwed something up. I think I just need offset numbers!
          Old September 7th, 2009 (8:24 AM).

Hi dudes im having trouble with advance map 1.92 with a fire red base
            when i create a map and then insert it it keeps getting renamed pallet town
            and when i try renaming it it also changes the name in the actual pallet town
            i have just started hacking and i am stuck already! lol
            Old September 7th, 2009 (8:39 AM).
            • Crystal Tier

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Rambolius View Post
            Hi dudes im having trouble with advance map 1.92 with a fire red base
            when i create a map and then insert it it keeps getting renamed pallet town
            and when i try renaming it it also changes the name in the actual pallet town
            i have just started hacking and i am stuck already! lol
            Go to the Header tab on Advanced Map. Change the 'Name:' dropdown list to SEVII ISLAND 6, 7 or 8. Click 'Change Name'. Then, enter your new name in the input box. Click 'Change Name' once again. Save and exit A-Map. Re-open it and your name should be fixed. If not, I always find pressing 'Change Dimensions' helpful.

And one of my major pet-peeves is when people say 'lol', 'XD' or any other 'laugh' emoticons unnecasarily. What's so funny about being stuck? lol

A Pokemon that is discriminated!
            Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
            Old September 7th, 2009 (8:51 AM).
            Tonight!
            • Crystal Tier

Quote:
            Thank you so much for replying to me, I've been working on this for days straight! <3

Thing is, I'm not sure if I loaded the correct sprite file or not. I didnt have the heroine offset number so I kind of guessed based on the FireRed tutorials. I went into a battle, saved the palette OBJ, replaced possible heroine palettes in APE with it, then loaded it up in Tile Molester. The palette definitely has 16 colors exactly. I did everything in Tile Molester, I couldn't find the backsprites for Emerald in unLZ. So, the only thing I can think of out of your list is the first one, that I just loaded the wrong palette or just completely screwed something up. I think I just need offset numbers!
            Not a problem.
            Not knowing if you loaded the correct sprite file or not could be a big problem. You always want to make sure you load the same sprite you saved the palette from so that the colors match.

I've yet to do anything in tile molester, only unLZ, so I'm a bit unsure on anything else.
            Old September 7th, 2009 (9:34 AM).

I was just wondering if anybody knew what the flag was for becoming the Champion in Emerald. I thought maybe it would say in the room where you battle him, or even the Hall of Fame, but looking in A-Map there are no scripts there so I couldn't even hazard a guess. It's just so I can have some people say different things when the player becomes Champion, mainly with giving gifts.
              Old September 7th, 2009 (12:27 PM).

Quote:
                Not a problem.
                Not knowing if you loaded the correct sprite file or not could be a big problem. You always want to make sure you load the same sprite you saved the palette from so that the colors match.

I've yet to do anything in tile molester, only unLZ, so I'm a bit unsure on anything else.
                Okay. I redid it with a clean Emerald rom. I used the sprite pallette from a battle, loaded it in Tile Molester, replaced the heroine backsprite with mine, and it still comes out the same. I did the same thing in FireRed and Ruby, just to see, and they were beautiful. Could the problem just be with Emerald? Maybe this is why no one hacks it... Its my favorite version. I might just settle for Ruby. It feels like half the game, though. T-T
                Old September 7th, 2009 (12:33 PM).
                Tonight!
                • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                Okay. I redid it with a clean Emerald rom. I used the sprite pallette from a battle, loaded it in Tile Molester, replaced the heroine backsprite with mine, and it still comes out the same. I did the same thing in FireRed and Ruby, just to see, and they were beautiful. Could the problem just be with Emerald? Maybe this is why no one hacks it... Its my favorite version. I might just settle for Ruby. It feels like half the game, though. T-T
                Most people prefer to hack with Ruby because it's said to be easier to hack with when it comes to the R/S/E versions.

Sorry to hear it wouldn't work though.
                That's a bit strange, palette editing/sprite replacement should work the same with all versions.
                Old September 7th, 2009 (12:47 PM).

Quote:
                  Most people prefer to hack with Ruby because it's said to be easier to hack with when it comes to the R/S/E versions.

Sorry to hear it wouldn't work though.
                  That's a bit strange, palette editing/sprite replacement should work the same with all versions.
                  I would think so too. I'm too stubborn to give up without a fight. XD So I looked more into what you were saying and narrowed the problem down to possibly being APE. You know how you replace the palette and all? Well, I dont know the palette number for the heroine backsprite, so thats probably the main issue. I dont think Tile Molester saves palettes. But I'm just speculating, I'm not entirely sure. I wish I could just give all my sprites to someone and have them do it for me. I'm a good spriter, not a real good scripter or whatever you call this. Lol.
                  Old September 7th, 2009 (2:47 PM).
                  More cowbell~
                  • Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by frogmyster3 View Post
                  I was just wondering if anybody knew what the flag was for becoming the Champion in Emerald. I thought maybe it would say in the room where you battle him, or even the Hall of Fame, but looking in A-Map there are no scripts there so I couldn't even hazard a guess. It's just so I can have some people say different things when the player becomes Champion, mainly with giving gifts.
                  I don't know it but decompile the scripts where people say different things to you after you become champion and you will find the desired flag.
                  Old September 7th, 2009 (3:56 PM).

Quote:
                    I would think so too. I'm too stubborn to give up without a fight. XD So I looked more into what you were saying and narrowed the problem down to possibly being APE. You know how you replace the palette and all? Well, I dont know the palette number for the heroine backsprite, so thats probably the main issue. I dont think Tile Molester saves palettes. But I'm just speculating, I'm not entirely sure. I wish I could just give all my sprites to someone and have them do it for me. I'm a good spriter, not a real good scripter or whatever you call this. Lol.
                    Nevermind, I fixed it! I started from a clean rom again, and DIDNT do anything with the palettes. I just skipped to Tile Molester and ripped the backsprite straight from the bad rom and it worked. It looks perfect!

Thank you for your help, Cello!! I can't wait to try your hack~! Good luck!! :D
                    Old September 7th, 2009 (5:18 PM).
                    The rocks cry out to me
                    • Silver Tier

is there a way/how do I add overworld slots and frames
                    Old September 7th, 2009 (6:30 PM).
                    Tonight!
                    • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by narutoactor View Post
                    is there a way/how do I add overworld slots and frames
                    Unfortunately there is know known way to add frames or slots. You can only overwrite them.
                    You can resize them if you want a huge legendary or d/p/pt sized sprites though. This requires a hex editor.
                    Old September 7th, 2009 (6:59 PM).
                    The rocks cry out to me
                    • Silver Tier

Quote:
                    Unfortunately there is know known way to add frames or slots. You can only overwrite them.
                    You can resize them if you want a huge legendary or d/p/pt sized sprites though. This requires a hex editor.
                    for re sizing sprites theres a program also so theres deff no way of ading more slots i thought it would be a simple repointing to free space
                    Old September 8th, 2009 (7:03 AM).
                    My DS doesn't read DS games...

Are there any tools that let you hack text and hack trainers (not just gym/e4/red) in Gold (or Crystal)?
                      Old September 8th, 2009 (10:57 AM).
                      More cowbell~
                      • Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by STM View Post
                      Are there any tools that let you hack text and hack trainers (not just gym/e4/red) in Gold (or Crystal)?
                      Yeah, a hex editor with a table file will do.
                      Old September 8th, 2009 (12:12 PM).
                      Accept no Imitations!

Nature: Bold
                        Quote:
                        Take a look at this document.
                        http://snagem.weebly.com/master-guide-to-hacking-pokemon-games-red-crystal.html
                        It may help...

Old September 8th, 2009 (12:35 PM).
                        Difference is everything...
                        • Gold Tier

Just wondering, how do items work, do they have scripts or do they use asm???
                        Current Team:

In Terms of Hacking...
                        Favorite ROM
                        Skills
                        Working On
                        In Terms of Game Dev...
                        Working On
                        News
                        I'm currently up for hire, for almost anything in ROM hacking, so just send me a PM.
                        Old September 8th, 2009 (3:02 PM).

Quote:
                          How to edit text in GSC
                          How to edit trainers in GSC

If you want me, please contact me by email. [email protected]

If you want to hack Pokémon RBY or GSC, read, read, and read some more. This has tons of valuable information.

Pokémon Red disassembly project

Rules that should be rethought: 25charlimit, bumping.
                          Bad posts are bad posts, regardless of how many words are in them or how old the thread is.
                          Good posts are good posts, regardless of how old the thread is—and brevity is underrated.
                          Old September 8th, 2009 (5:26 PM).
                          Some Kind Of Monster

Nature: Adamant
                            I've been changing tiles in Emerald lately, and a question occured to me.

Do you have to change the water animations? Like if I replace Emerald's ocean water with FireRed's ocean water, would it do the animation of Emerald's water still?
                            Old September 8th, 2009 (11:25 PM).
                            Mewtwo Strikes Back
                            • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Matteron (96) View Post
                            Just wondering, how do items work, do they have scripts or do they use asm???
                            No scripts at all. They use ASM.

Quick Reply