ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #11601    
Old September 13th, 2009 (8:40 PM).
thrilljack1 thrilljack1 is offline
     
    Join Date: Aug 2009
    Posts: 17
    I was checking out the Fire Red Hacked thing and it has a feature that allows you to make the level of wild encounters and trainer battles variable dependent on the level of your pokemon. I would love to use this feature, but the hack comes with a bunch of extra stuff I don't really want.

    Does anybody know of a more streamline or user friendly program that would allow me to play with the variable levels of pokemon fights?

    Relevant Advertising!

      #11602    
    Old September 13th, 2009 (10:17 PM).
    0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
    0m3GA ARS3NAL 0m3GA ARS3NAL is offline
    Im comin' home...
    • Silver Tier
     
    Join Date: Jan 2008
    Location: Superjail Penitentiary
    Age: 25
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Gentle
    Posts: 1,816
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thrilljack1 View Post
    I was checking out the Fire Red Hacked thing and it has a feature that allows you to make the level of wild encounters and trainer battles variable dependent on the level of your pokemon. I would love to use this feature, but the hack comes with a bunch of extra stuff I don't really want.

    Does anybody know of a more streamline or user friendly program that would allow me to play with the variable levels of pokemon fights?
    Nope, nothing like that exists, either take JPAN's magnificent patch, or don't, it is up to you, but I can tell you, I doubt anything like that will EVER exist.
    __________________
    >Boot Jailbot
    >Pass *****
    .
    .
    Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
    Greetings Warden
    of Superjail Penitentiary
    Awaiting user input...

    >Display User_Info
    ╠══User Info══╣
    Username:
    0m3GA ARS3NAL
    Age: 18
    Sex: Male ♂
    Race: Caucasian
    Quote:
    "What is this
    I don't even..."

    M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
    ╠══End of File══╣
    Awaiting user input...

    >
      #11603    
    Old September 13th, 2009 (10:24 PM).
    thrilljack1 thrilljack1 is offline
       
      Join Date: Aug 2009
      Posts: 17
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL View Post
      Nope, nothing like that exists, either take JPAN's magnificent patch, or don't, it is up to you, but I can tell you, I doubt anything like that will EVER exist.
      Well maybe you could give me a hand. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to use his program. I use Advance Map and XSE and it seems like nothing I do will restore any of the events in the game. The script events show up under the "events" tab of A-Map, but they never show up in the actual gameplay.

      Also, I can't figure out for the life of me how to actually activate the trainer variable. If I wanted to make all wild pokemon appear at highest pkmn lvl +1, what would I actually need to do to trigger that?

      I'm finding that the manual isn't very clear.
        #11604    
      Old September 13th, 2009 (10:29 PM).
      TB Pro's Avatar
      TB Pro TB Pro is offline
      Old-timer
         
        Join Date: Nov 2004
        Location: Midwestern USA
        Age: 23
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 2,739
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by mch View Post
        The problem is that I haven't found out how to find or do the script. The only way I know to do with Surf would require a script per square for the shore.

        (Fly's probably going to be HM-only anyways)
        Search for what the surf script says(The water looks calm...)in A-Text. Look at all the offsets in XSE or a hex editor. When you find the right one, edit it.
        __________________
        --I'm a creepin'..
          #11605    
        Old September 14th, 2009 (10:27 AM).
        Spherical Ice's Avatar
        Spherical Ice Spherical Ice is offline
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Nov 2007
        Location: Bristol, UK
        Age: 19
        Posts: 5,231
        Is there a way to fix all the screwed up rubbish in A-Text?
        I it as simple as just replacing the INI?

        (FireRed, btw.)
        __________________

        A Pokemon that is discriminated!
        Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
          #11606    
        Old September 14th, 2009 (10:37 AM).
        Joppe Joppe is offline
           
          Join Date: Feb 2008
          Posts: 1
          Does anyone know where the starters are in hex editor? (HG/SS)
            #11607    
          Old September 14th, 2009 (10:52 AM).
          huntley93 huntley93 is offline
             
            Join Date: May 2009
            Gender:
            Posts: 20
            i recently started playing light platinumn but i want to edit items sold using a-mart but it will only come up with the ruby names. any ideas?
              #11608    
            Old September 14th, 2009 (11:55 AM).
            NarutoActor's Avatar
            NarutoActor NarutoActor is offline
            The rocks cry out to me
            • Silver Tier
             
            Join Date: Jan 2009
            Location: Brooklyn/Marlboro
            Age: 24
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Bashful
            Posts: 1,979
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by huntley93 View Post
            i recently started playing light platinumn but i want to edit items sold using a-mart but it will only come up with the ruby names. any ideas?
            well your not allowed to hack a hack
            __________________
            ~There are those people who understand hex, F the rest
              #11609    
            Old September 14th, 2009 (12:05 PM).
            Cello's Avatar
            Cello Cello is offline
            Tonight!
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: Aug 2009
            Location: get the mascot involved
            Age: 27
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Jolly
            Posts: 1,498
            Could anybody recommend/link me to a good guide on var numbers in Advanced Map?

            I'm not having any script setting problems, I just feel like I need to know more about it. ;
            __________________
            Yeah Football Fan!
              #11610    
            Old September 14th, 2009 (12:14 PM).
            NarutoActor's Avatar
            NarutoActor NarutoActor is offline
            The rocks cry out to me
            • Silver Tier
             
            Join Date: Jan 2009
            Location: Brooklyn/Marlboro
            Age: 24
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Bashful
            Posts: 1,979
            var numbers and values are used for level scripts so views coolys level script tut and you can only ask questions not request links or anything along the line of requesting material
            __________________
            ~There are those people who understand hex, F the rest
              #11611    
            Old September 14th, 2009 (1:21 PM).
            TB Pro's Avatar
            TB Pro TB Pro is offline
            Old-timer
               
              Join Date: Nov 2004
              Location: Midwestern USA
              Age: 23
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 2,739
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by narutoactor View Post
              var numbers and values are used for level scripts so views coolys level script tut and you can only ask questions not request links or anything along the line of requesting material
              And scripts that have applymovement? Or are you talking about the map header, if so, disregard this post.
              __________________
              --I'm a creepin'..
                #11612    
              Old September 14th, 2009 (1:38 PM).
              Cello's Avatar
              Cello Cello is offline
              Tonight!
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Aug 2009
              Location: get the mascot involved
              Age: 27
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Jolly
              Posts: 1,498
              I just don't know what var number to set based on what kind of script i'm placing on the map. Every guide I've managed so far tells me how to do everything but that.

              I set my script's var number to 4050, which allows the message window to pop up and say what I put in the script but it seems my applymovement command doesn't activate.

              Unfortunately, now I know I'm getting off topic since this isn't the script help thread. >_
              __________________
              Yeah Football Fan!
                #11613    
              Old September 14th, 2009 (1:41 PM).
              NarutoActor's Avatar
              NarutoActor NarutoActor is offline
              The rocks cry out to me
              • Silver Tier
               
              Join Date: Jan 2009
              Location: Brooklyn/Marlboro
              Age: 24
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Bashful
              Posts: 1,979
              make sure the unknowe is 3 and the var value at one well thats the best I can do I never actual tried a level script I never neaded one
              __________________
              ~There are those people who understand hex, F the rest
                #11614    
              Old September 14th, 2009 (1:43 PM).
              TB Pro's Avatar
              TB Pro TB Pro is offline
              Old-timer
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2004
                Location: Midwestern USA
                Age: 23
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 2,739
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Cello View Post
                I just don't know what var number to set based on what kind of script i'm placing on the map. Every guide I've managed so far tells me how to do everything but that.

                I set my script's var number to 4050, which allows the message window to pop up and say what I put in the script but it seems my applymovement command doesn't activate.

                Unfortunately, now I know I'm getting off topic since this isn't the script help thread. >_<
                Okay that's what I thought lol. What always worked for me(If I remember right)is 4352 and the unknows as 0300.
                __________________
                --I'm a creepin'..
                  #11615    
                Old September 14th, 2009 (4:01 PM).
                thrilljack1 thrilljack1 is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Aug 2009
                  Posts: 17
                  I'm having a bizarre problem. It seems that whenever I open up a menu that takes the entire screen (such as my bag), after I come out of the menu I end up controlling a different NPC than the hero. It's as if the game switches from controlling the hero over to the nearest NPC. Any idea what could be causing that problem?
                    #11616    
                  Old September 14th, 2009 (6:53 PM).
                  0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
                  0m3GA ARS3NAL 0m3GA ARS3NAL is offline
                  Im comin' home...
                  • Silver Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Jan 2008
                  Location: Superjail Penitentiary
                  Age: 25
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Gentle
                  Posts: 1,816
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by thrilljack1 View Post
                  I'm having a bizarre problem. It seems that whenever I open up a menu that takes the entire screen (such as my bag), after I come out of the menu I end up controlling a different NPC than the hero. It's as if the game switches from controlling the hero over to the nearest NPC. Any idea what could be causing that problem?
                  Change the NPC that you end up controlling to have a movement of 11
                  __________________
                  >Boot Jailbot
                  >Pass *****
                  .
                  .
                  Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
                  Greetings Warden
                  of Superjail Penitentiary
                  Awaiting user input...

                  >Display User_Info
                  ╠══User Info══╣
                  Username:
                  0m3GA ARS3NAL
                  Age: 18
                  Sex: Male ♂
                  Race: Caucasian
                  Quote:
                  "What is this
                  I don't even..."

                  M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
                  ╠══End of File══╣
                  Awaiting user input...

                  >
                    #11617    
                  Old September 14th, 2009 (9:56 PM). Edited September 15th, 2009 by thrilljack1.
                  thrilljack1 thrilljack1 is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2009
                    Posts: 17
                    I'm working on scripting the rival encounter after applying JPAN's patch, which means I'm doing it all from scrap. I've figured out how to place the 3 pokeballs, how to pick 1, and then how to make it so the rival takes the appropriate one.
                    Now, I want to start a rival battle under an entirely new script. What I can't figure out how to do is how to make a script that uses the appropriate rival (146, 147, or 148) against me based on the starter I chose. I've tried looking through the original rival game scripts for answers, but those giant walls of text are too much for a noob like me.

                    So, how do I make the game use the right rival against me?

                    Also, I'm randomly getting a pokemon cry when I navigate the game world. No clue why or what the cry is. Any ideas? It happens infrequently, maybe on minute marks or so.
                      #11618    
                    Old September 15th, 2009 (3:51 PM).
                    TB Pro's Avatar
                    TB Pro TB Pro is offline
                    Old-timer
                       
                      Join Date: Nov 2004
                      Location: Midwestern USA
                      Age: 23
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 2,739
                      Just wondering, what does everybody use for the Behavior Byte on sideways stairs?
                      __________________
                      --I'm a creepin'..
                        #11619    
                      Old September 15th, 2009 (3:53 PM).
                      0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
                      0m3GA ARS3NAL 0m3GA ARS3NAL is offline
                      Im comin' home...
                      • Silver Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Jan 2008
                      Location: Superjail Penitentiary
                      Age: 25
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Gentle
                      Posts: 1,816
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by TB Pro View Post
                      Just wondering, what does everybody use for the Behavior Byte on sideways stairs?
                      Why don't you go check yourself?
                      It is BOUND to be in the ROM somewhere... there ARE a lot of stairs you know...
                      __________________
                      >Boot Jailbot
                      >Pass *****
                      .
                      .
                      Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
                      Greetings Warden
                      of Superjail Penitentiary
                      Awaiting user input...

                      >Display User_Info
                      ╠══User Info══╣
                      Username:
                      0m3GA ARS3NAL
                      Age: 18
                      Sex: Male ♂
                      Race: Caucasian
                      Quote:
                      "What is this
                      I don't even..."

                      M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
                      ╠══End of File══╣
                      Awaiting user input...

                      >
                        #11620    
                      Old September 15th, 2009 (7:34 PM). Edited September 15th, 2009 by mrmango.
                      mrmango mrmango is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2009
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 1
                        How does one know which is the original/base ROM to a hack?
                        (Specifically, I am wondering regarding Toxic Purple)
                          #11621    
                        Old September 15th, 2009 (7:43 PM).
                        mch mch is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Sep 2009
                          Posts: 3
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by TB Pro View Post
                          Search for what the surf script says(The water looks calm...)in A-Text. Look at all the offsets in XSE or a hex editor. When you find the right one, edit it.
                          I've found the script at "1A6AC8", Waterfall too, at "1BE2C5", but unlike the rest Flash has only the description "Light up darkness" in the menu, which doesn't help to find it.

                          (How can you find/What is) the offset for the Flash script?
                            #11622    
                          Old September 15th, 2009 (7:55 PM).
                          TB Pro's Avatar
                          TB Pro TB Pro is offline
                          Old-timer
                             
                            Join Date: Nov 2004
                            Location: Midwestern USA
                            Age: 23
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 2,739
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by mch View Post
                            I've found the script at "1A6AC8", Waterfall too, at "1BE2C5", but unlike the rest Flash has only the description "Light up darkness" in the menu, which doesn't help to find it.

                            (How can you find/What is) the offset for the Flash script?
                            Hmm...I'm not too sure on that one, let me get back to you.

                            Okay, I'm having trouble with level scripts. I can make one just fine, but(when in the players room) A-Map won't let me change the offsets or anything. Help pl0x. Thanks.
                            __________________
                            --I'm a creepin'..
                              #11623    
                            Old September 15th, 2009 (11:01 PM).
                            Spherical Ice's Avatar
                            Spherical Ice Spherical Ice is offline
                            • Crystal Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Nov 2007
                            Location: Bristol, UK
                            Age: 19
                            Posts: 5,231
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by mrmango View Post
                            How does one know which is the original/base ROM to a hack?
                            (Specifically, I am wondering regarding Toxic Purple)
                            Usuallly it's specified in the first post. ToxicPurple is FireRed, nonetheless.
                            __________________

                            A Pokemon that is discriminated!
                            Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
                              #11624    
                            Old September 16th, 2009 (4:08 AM).
                            Pokepal17's Avatar
                            Pokepal17 Pokepal17 is offline
                            More cowbell~
                            • Silver Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Oct 2008
                            Location: Steeltown
                            Age: 23
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Modest
                            Posts: 1,517
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by TB Pro View Post
                            Hmm...I'm not too sure on that one, let me get back to you.

                            Okay, I'm having trouble with level scripts. I can make one just fine, but(when in the players room) A-Map won't let me change the offsets or anything. Help pl0x. Thanks.
                            Dn't use a-map for the branches of level scripts. Create your own (including the bits that can only be accessed in the pro-header view). Then compile it and replce the map script offset (pro-header view) with your new offset.
                            __________________
                            Pokémon Stardrop
                              #11625    
                            Old September 16th, 2009 (9:30 AM).
                            HackMew's Avatar
                            HackMew HackMew is offline
                            Mewtwo Strikes Back
                            • Crystal Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Jun 2006
                            Posts: 1,314
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by mrmango View Post
                            How does one know which is the original/base ROM to a hack?
                            (Specifically, I am wondering regarding Toxic Purple)
                            While it's usually specified in the 1st post, you can still get the info yourself using a hex editor or loading the ROM using RHEA.
                            __________________
                            Closed Thread

                            Quick Reply

                            Join the conversation!

                            Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                            Create a PokéCommunity Account

                            Sponsored Links
                            Thread Tools

                            Posting Rules
                            You may not post new threads
                            You may not post replies
                            You may not post attachments
                            You may not edit your posts

                            BB code is On
                            Smilies are On
                            [IMG] code is On
                            HTML code is Off

                            Forum Jump


                            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:23 PM.