ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread

Old September 19th, 2009 (9:46 AM).

I have a problem.

http://twilight-hacking.darkbb.com/pokemon-generation-2-documents-f13/trainer-editing-document-t47.htm
    ^This tutorial doesn't work. When I load the table file and search a Trainer name, I don't see any of the Pokemon data, or the move data, or anything else.

Relevant Advertising!

Old September 19th, 2009 (10:15 AM).
    Accept no Imitations!

Nature: Bold
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by AztecFire View Post
      I have a problem.

http://twilight-hacking.darkbb.com/pokemon-generation-2-documents-f13/trainer-editing-document-t47.htm
      ^This tutorial doesn't work. When I load the table file and search a Trainer name, I don't see any of the Pokemon data, or the move data, or anything else.
      It works.
      Search the trainers name, all caps. Eventually someone will make a trainer editor...

Old September 19th, 2009 (10:38 AM).
      Leader of the Fallen

Nature: Lonely
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL View Post
        Here is a list I have compiled over the years.
        IF YOU ARE USING JPAN's Fire Red Hacked Engine, DO NOT USE THE SPECIALS THAT HE CHANGED
        Spoiler:
        Code:
        .::Special Commands::.

special 0x0    'Heal Pokémon
        special 0x29    'Choose three Pokemon for something
        special 0x3C    'Access PC
        special 0x8D    'Person says what said the last person you talked to
        special 0x8E    'Reload Map
        special 0x9D    'Old Man Cathes Weedle
        special 0x9F    'Choose Pokemon
        special 0xAB    'FR/LG/R/S 'Tree' Data Called
        special 0x108    'Kanto dex document
        special 0x10F    'Game Restart
        special 0x110    'Hall of Fame and Credits
        special 0x111    'Elevator animation
        special 0x113    'FR/LG/R/Sscreen scrolling
        special 0x114    'FR/LG/R/S stop screen scrolling
        special 0x132    'Shows floors
        special 0x136    'Horizontal Earthquake-must set 0x8004-0x8007 to 0
        special 0x137    'Glitchy Battle
        special 0x138    'Battle
        special 0x139    'Battle
        special 0x13D    'Flash
        special 0x13F    'Warp to first warp of the map
        special 0x156    'Ghost
        special 0x157    'Bike
        special 0x161    'Surf
        special 0x163    'Store Pokemon to Dex
        special 0x166    'Nickname
        special 0x16F    'Fire Red/Leaf Green National Dex
        special 0x173    'Add to fame Checker?
        special 0x17B    'Seagallop Animation
        special 0x18B    'Displays an image. Only known images are Kabuotps and Aerodactyl fossils.
        special 0x18C    'Closes image shown with special 0x18B
        special 0x191    'S.S. Anne animation

.___________________________________________________________________________________.
        |___________________________________________________________________________________|
        |___________________________________________________________________________________|

Special Commands, Extended

000 Heals pokemon
        001 clears the variable given in special2 or all the usual variables if in special 1
        002 door warp script (fade black until finished warping)
        003 same screen effect as 02. Peculiar behaviour, warps to last used warp, or to center-map if last change was made by a screen transition, or trapped in Battle link if used after game start
        020 battle trough link. Stored in the same location as all other battle data
        021 link start (trading)
        022 faster link start (overwrites other commands)
        023 save game popup
        029 although it lets you select three pokemon, it shows not where they are stored, being nowhere on the usual variables(8000-800f)
        02A Nice crash sound…
        034 prints a buffered message, buffered somewhere by the trainerBattle command. *the trainer buffer is placed in 0x020386ae to 0x020386cc 020386ac trainer battle type; 0x020386ae - trainer number; 0x020386b4 - trainer starting talk pointer; 0x020386b8 - trainer loses pointer.*
        035 prints a buffered message, buffered somewhere by a different command from 34. responds to Dpad.
        036 returns the number of times the buffered trainer was fought. If bigger than 0, usually is followed by na end signal
        038 plays buffered trainer music
        039 used vs-seeker. placed in given variable if it was
        03B activates battle with buffered trainer
        03C activates pokestorage menu
        05D save game popup
        05F edit profiles. Which depend on 0x8004 value *Key: 0x0 = profile 0x1 = battle quote 0x2 = uppon wining 0x3 = uppon losing quote 0x4 = nine word message 0x5 and up, nothing*
        060 displays profile, same key as 5f
        07B checks pokemon nickname, buffers it and put 01 in given variable if it was never nicknamed
        07C buffers pokemon name indicated at 0x8004 (nickname)
        07D obtained in a trade checker
        080 flushes random words into buffer 2
        083 counts the number of pokemon in your party and places it on a given variable
        084 same as 83
        085 gives the number to the last pokemon on your party, to the variable passed
        08D displays last processed message
        09D old man battle
        09E nickname pokemon in party indicated by 0x8004
        09F chooses a pokemon for a purpose and stores its position at 0x8004. works even with eggs
        0AB makes a random battle based on the Tree wild values
        0B4 after battle, ceratin variables are set. b4 reads them and places on a given variable the status at battle end. *key 0x1 = fainted, 0x7 = captured, 0x4 = escaped*
        0B6 daycare status *key: 0x1 = one egg, 0x2 = one pokemon, 0x3 = two pokemon*
        0BA seems to register a pokemon number after reading from the party(with other special) and puts it in a variable. Returns 277 for Treeko, so real, in game number.
        0BB removes pokemon stored at 0x8004 from party. Places it on the daycare center address (dynamic)
        0BC A selection screen for pokemon with store instead of select, identical in use to 9f
        0BD two slot selection screen that allows you to choose one of two pokemon on the daycare center. If no pokemon is stored there, blank name, lv0 male will appear.
        0BE checks number of levels they grew in daycare and places it on given variable as well as in buffer2.
        0BF calculates price on pokemon growth and places it on buffer2
        0C0 gets pokemon back from daycare center (taken with bb). If 0x8004 is different from the slot number the pokemon is in, a bad egg is formed.
        0C2 hatches a pokemon in the 0x8004 given position, even if not an egg
        0C4 shows battle records and time scores. varies with value on ox8004 *key:0x0 = battle records, else = time board*
        0C5 checks if you have enough money to pay for pokemon return. If true, return 1 to given variable
        0C6 charges the money calculated bf
        0C8 whiteout screen and carried to a pokecenter. Variables are cleaned, money is partially lost
        0CD start safari game. Upon end, teleported back to default map, even though you never went near it
        0CE ends safari game. This end, not being the default call to script, lets you remain where you are
        0D4 seems to place on 0x8005 the seen pokemon and on 0x8006 the caught ones. Also places on 0x800c a number that might be pokemon the pokedex doesn't detect but were caught.
        0D5 prints the pokedex evaluation. Number of pokemon caught is stored on 0x8004
        0D6 flashes a tile that is one tile above the script. Used in pc scripts
        0D7 switces a tile above script. Another animation
        0DB selects a pokemon, but no variable is updated
        0DC shows moves from pokemon in 0x8004 and allows you to choose one, position placed on 0x8005
        0DD deletes move that was suposedly chosen with dc
        0DF places on last-result the number of attacks on a pokemon defined by 0x8004
        0E0 opens up a menu to teach previously known attacks to pokemon (move reminder) pokemon used is stored at 0x8004
        0E6 returns the slot of the first available attack. If all occupied, returns 3 to given variable
        0E8 game seem to freeze
        0EC crash
        0EF clears party, erasing all pokemon
        0F1 shuts the system down, as if waiting for something (both audio and video)
        0F5 asks to select three pokemon, and places them in the given order(removing the remaining) - pokemon tower. Choose cancel to get all your pokemon back.
        0F6 appears to return if a pokemon is able to enter the event
        0F8 really wierd command, deletes part of your party except for some of those you chose in f5
        0F9 pc item storage menu with pc animation (your room)
        0FA same as f9 but without pc animation
        0FB town map
        0FC checks the trade in 0x8004 and buffers the name of the wanted pokemon(0x0) and the given pokemon(0x1)
        0FD gets the pokemon to trade and places it in 0x0202402c. Is in it's party form, that is, fully decrypted, 100 bytes.
        0FE activates trade, gets pokemon from previous memory address Incomplete pokemon(80 byte form) crash when seen. If deposited and withdrawn, it's fixed
        0FF checks pokemon in 0x8004's number and places it in given variable
        106 opens pc menu, no animations, returns 01 to given variable and ff to lastresult
        107 shows hall of fame thens returns you to pc menu
        108 shows diploma for finishing kanto dex. Finishes script.
        10F crash
        110 saves hall of fame and plays ending
        111 elevator scene + small animation
        113 freeze screen, but only on scripts, not on signposts or people. Call again to unfreeze
        114 unfreeze screen\camera. Works on all surfaces
        11F returns to a variable the facing you had when activating the event
        132 shows current floor
        136 use strenght sound
        137 starts wild battle on ice. Uses everything the normal wild battle use
        138 starts wild battle on normal terrain. Uses everything the normal wild battle use.
        139 same as 138
        13D flashes screen.
        13E warps to last used warp
        13F falls to last used warp
        143 perfectly normal wild battle
        147 checks your pokemon in position referenced by 0x8004 and returns to the given variable its pokemon number. returns 0x19c if an egg.
        14C fades sound until it turns off. Only some soundeffects remain. Loses effect after leaving map.
        153 checks your party for pokemon equipped with e-card berries. 1 to variable if it happens
        155 different from standart, no idea
        156 ghost battle. If you have a shilp scope, it becomes the lv 30, uncatchable marowak. If not, the ghost will have the cry of the pokemon that was buffered.
        157 activates bicycle
        158 opens several different multichoice boxes depending on 0x8004 *key: 0x0 = badge talk; 0x1 = silph-co elevator; 0x2 = rocket elevator; 0x3 = celadon department store elevator; 0x4 = link options; 0x5 = pharmacy options?; 0x6 other elevator; 0x7 and up - return 0x7f to lastresult*
        15C crashes game after executing whole script
        160 same as 15c, but doesn't execute the rest of the code
        161 activates surf sprite
        163 sees pokemon number 0x8004 in the pokedex
        166 lets you nickname your first pokemon in your box. Gives it the buffered name.
        16A checks for wireless connector, 1 if there, 0 otherwise. Places value on given variable
        16B tries to link for a game of pokemon jump the rope
        16C tries to link for a game of dodrio berry-picking
        16D linking for union room
        16E wireless status
        16F activates national dex
        17B travels in the boat for vermillion
        183 Wiredness… Makes every data go haywire,messing up video and everything. As long as you don't save, you're safe
        187 places value on given variable. Seems to be a error checker of some kind, for every time it returns 0x2, a script is called to end.
        18B shows fossil picture. Only works if 0x8004 is 0x8d or 0x8e. Position is stored in 0x8005(x) and 0x8006(y)
        18C unshows picture
        18D Accesses move tutor data and teaches that move to na allowed pokemon. Tutor placed at 0x8005
        18E a menu to choose pokemon for something
        191 SS Anne departure scene. With no boat, your sprite will follow it and disappear, making you invisible.
        193 places value on given variable
        194 if used without 0x8004, clears all warps and reproduces buffered video all over the map. Entering any menu will blank the video, crashing the game on exit
        195 pokemon jump records
        19C shows powder counter
        19D hides powder counter
        1A2 shows berry crushing records
        1A5 plays credits
        1A6 berry-picking records
        1A7 multichoice for the islands, varies with what's on 0x8004
        1AB sound effect for deoxys triangles
        1AE checks for illegal pokemon for the union room and places one if found on a given variable
        1B0 checks if pokedex (national) is complete. 0x1 if true, placed on a given variable
        1B2 places a red arrow on the top of the screen
        1B5 creates a tile animaiton one block left two-four up the player
        1B7 creates a tile animation two-six blocks right from the top-left corner of the screen
        what i dont understand is what specials make the different legendary battle musics. there are 3 of them that are similar, but different.
        eg the birds differ from mewtwo and mew, and mew differs from mewtwo and the birds, etc.
        does anyone know those specials?
        this is for firered (U)
        Old September 19th, 2009 (10:43 AM).
        The rocks cry out to me
        • Silver Tier

Nature: Bashful
        try a wildbattle and a cry insted of a special
        Old September 19th, 2009 (11:37 AM).
        Old-timer

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Wichu View Post
          Try using the indexed sprites I posted in the Resources topic; the back/shiny colours should work fine with those.
          Nope, I'm still getting the same problem. This is retarted.
          Old September 19th, 2009 (12:10 PM).
          Leader of the Fallen

Nature: Lonely
            im trying to use those songs as spots for more trainerbattle music. to use them though, i must know the special reference to them.
            Old September 19th, 2009 (12:22 PM).

In Pokemon Emerald, how do you set a new start map with a new x/y position? I need to make a new start place instead of the truck.
              Old September 19th, 2009 (1:54 PM).

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Gamer2020 View Post

It works.
                Search the trainers name, all caps.
                Nope, doesn't work. If I type in "JOEY", all I see is "09JOEY........"
                Old September 19th, 2009 (2:25 PM). Edited September 19th, 2009 by sandstone.

me again. sorry
                  ok heres my latest trial
                  . im replacing my main heroes
                  step one make the sprite done
                  step 2 index it to 16 colors, done
                  make sure its the right size done.

when i try to replace it it ends up all funky looking because of the palette. im not sure how in the worl to fix it or change the palete the game uses or w.e i need to do... totally lost and clueless= me

if it helps, somthing weird thats happening is this, when i write to rom, it doesnt say that the data is to big. it goes thru without me having to use fsf, which i dont think is bad but i know its not the case usually

(also one of the times i tried, it messed up the lil pikachu over the control instructions at the begining, i think it was a pal issue?) fire red btw
                  Old September 19th, 2009 (3:39 PM).
                  Accept no Imitations!

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by AztecFire View Post
                    Nope, doesn't work. If I type in "JOEY", all I see is "09JOEY........"
                    Yes it works.
                    You just don't know what to do.
                    You have located the trainer now just edit the data after the name using the document as a guide.

Old September 19th, 2009 (4:03 PM).
                    Bored.

Hmmm. I've had this question for almost a month. It has never been answered.

Before you attempt to answer it, understand that in Advance Map, I have all the map banks correct on the warps. Even when I hit "Goto", the warp works.

Now, when I play it in the game, and I walk into the door, it takes me to another map, except I cannot move, I'm invisible, and I believe I'm out of bounds. I changed the map height and width, and checked if I had a warp out of bounds. I did not.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
                      Old September 19th, 2009 (4:07 PM).
                      The rocks cry out to me
                      • Silver Tier

I have a quick question I am trying to import a sprite using unzls gba When I import it the platelets go from 16 to 256 and my sprite is indexed then I click wright to rom the platlet imports perfectly but not the pic dose anyone know how to fix it
                      Old September 19th, 2009 (4:19 PM).
                      Old-timer

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by narutoactor View Post
                        I have a quick question I am trying to import a sprite using unzls gba When I import it the platelets go from 16 to 256 and my sprite is indexed then I click wright to rom the platlet imports perfectly but not the pic dose anyone know how to fix it
                        Does it look like the original sprite with your new palettes? If so, it is correct. That's how it shows up in UNLZ. If it's in-game, try following DJG's newest inserting tutorial step-by-step.
                        Old September 19th, 2009 (4:20 PM). Edited September 19th, 2009 by NarutoActor.
                        The rocks cry out to me
                        • Silver Tier

yeah the first thing I actualy never check inside the game haha I will check right now thanks jesse
                        Old September 19th, 2009 (4:23 PM).
                        Old-timer

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by narutoactor View Post
                          yeah the first thing I actualy never check inside the game haha I will check right now thanks jessie
                          Yeah, no problem. And my name is Jesse =P
                          Old September 19th, 2009 (4:30 PM).
                          The rocks cry out to me
                          • Silver Tier

realy sorry man
                          also I just check and its like the oposite of unlz gba the pic is right but not the platlets
                          Old September 19th, 2009 (4:45 PM).
                          Pierce the heavens
                          • Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
                          Does anyone know how to change the battle gui?(the thing where the health and XP r located)

I really want to know :\
                          Old September 19th, 2009 (4:57 PM).

hey guys i really need help with this.anybody

. im replacing my main heroes
                            step one make the sprite done
                            step 2 index it to 16 colors, done
                            make sure its the right size done.

when i try to replace it it ends up all funky looking because of the palette. im not sure how in the worl to fix it or change the palete the game uses or w.e i need to do... totally lost and clueless= me

if it helps, somthing weird thats happening is this, when i write to rom, it doesnt say that the data is to big. it goes thru without me having to use fsf, which i dont think is bad but i know its not the case usually

(also one of the times i tried, it messed up the lil pikachu over the control instructions at the begining, i think it was a pal issue?) fire red btw
                            Old September 19th, 2009 (5:00 PM).
                            Pierce the heavens
                            • Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
                            OK. Heres what you do. When importing OW click import pallette. You are using OW Editor RE right?
                            Old September 20th, 2009 (1:05 AM).
                            • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
                            How do I make a setmaptile script be permenant? Because if i leave the map and return, it's back to it's ordinary state. And yes, I used special 0x8E.
                            Reposting this question. If I can get it to work, I may be able to crack the Fr/Lg Secret base code. So if you know, PLEASE tell me! Thanks!

A Pokemon that is discriminated!
                            Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
                            Old September 20th, 2009 (1:51 AM).
                            Mewtwo Strikes Back
                            • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
                            How do I make a setmaptile script be permenant? Because if i leave the map and return, it's back to it's ordinary state. And yes, I used special 0x8E.
                            You can't have a permanent setmaptile. The map is loaded each time from the ROM. However, you could put a setmaptile in the map script.
                            Old September 20th, 2009 (2:18 AM).
                            • Crystal Tier

Oh. Okay then! Thanks for the help, though, HackMew!

A Pokemon that is discriminated!
                            Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
                            Old September 20th, 2009 (5:25 AM).
                            Working on De Puzzle.

Nature: Jolly
                              Um.. Okay..

I got 1 question:
                              Q. How do you insert your own custom tilemap to AdvanceMap's Block Editor?

I have the tiles! but their in .png format.
                              Old September 20th, 2009 (6:16 AM). Edited September 20th, 2009 by The Gambling Gallade.
                              The Gambling Gallade The Gambling Gallade is offline
                              Bored.

Hmmm. I've had this question for almost a month. It has never been answered.

Before you attempt to answer it, understand that in Advance Map, I have all the map banks correct on the warps. Even when I hit "Goto", the warp works.

Now, when I play it in the game, and I walk into the door, it takes me to another map, except I cannot move, I'm invisible, and I believe I'm out of bounds. I changed the map height and width, and checked if I had a warp out of bounds. I did not.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

In addition to my previous problem, whenever I open up IconEd, I get the message "Run Time Error 13, Type Mismatch".
                                I get the program to open up, but when I load my ROM, it says that. I tried a clean ROM, and my hacked ROM. Any help here?
                                Old September 20th, 2009 (10:08 AM). Edited September 20th, 2009 by sandstone.

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Aljam View Post
                                  OK. Heres what you do. When importing OW click import pallette. You are using OW Editor RE right?

no im not talking about ovwerworlds. im talking about the hero rival and oak sprites at the beggining of the game

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Aljam View Post
                                  Does anyone know how to change the battle gui?(the thing where the health and XP r located)

I really want to know :\

theyre in UNlz gba somewhere... i dont remeber where... i think theyre around 1975 or 1976

DOESW ANYONE KNOW THE OFFSET FOR THE PROFESSORS PALETTE IN APE?
                                  Closed Thread

Quick Reply