ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread

Old February 18th, 2010 (5:53 AM).

Zootster, I found one workaround for the bicycle error, it might probably be only on emerald, but i tried activating "show city names" below the map name, and i could use my bicycle, if all the other options are also correctly input.

cheers...

Relevant Advertising!

Old February 18th, 2010 (7:07 AM).
    the spirit of the fighter
    • Platinum Tier
    • Developer

Nature: Brave
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL View Post
    NTME, get it, use it, love it, like a sweet woman.
    I tried using that, I must be doing something wrong. When I insert it, it gives me even more garbage.
    Old February 18th, 2010 (8:18 AM).
    A.k.a. Zig :-)

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Maco View Post
      What program are you using? If it's photoshop, there is a post by HackMew maybe 3-4 pages back that tells you how to set the first colour.

Usually in other programs there is an menu option to see the colour table before saving the file. Then you just switch another colour in the palette with the first colour, then save.
      I'm using IrfanView at the moment. When I open the palette editor I am able to swap colors (manually, by editing the red/blue/green values). However, this way the colors are swapped in the tileset too. As far as I know, I can't change that (yet)
      Old February 18th, 2010 (9:29 AM).
      The Faltine

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Jm20 View Post
        I'm using IrfanView at the moment. When I open the palette editor I am able to swap colors (manually, by editing the red/blue/green values). However, this way the colors are swapped in the tileset too. As far as I know, I can't change that (yet)
        If I understand this correctly, just copy the image of your tileset-before and paste it onto your tileset-after.
        Old February 18th, 2010 (11:04 AM).
        A.k.a. Zig :-)

Thank you, that worked.

I already tried that before, but then it didn't work because I saved the tileset as a new file. However, the new file would get unindexed and that was the problem.... Saving the tileset in the same file lets the file stay indexed.

Well, not very important anymore: it just works :-)
          Old February 18th, 2010 (6:31 PM).

Just wondering, what is the best sprite/tile editing tutorial?
            Old February 18th, 2010 (7:32 PM).
            Difference is everything...
            • Gold Tier

Okay, I'm just wondering how to fix this problem, in fire red, the hero overlaps every tile, even "top" tiles. I tried switching roms but every time it does this I get this glitch, I even tried switching to different computers and emulators, same thing
            Current Team:

In Terms of Hacking...
            Favorite ROM
            Skills
            Working On
            In Terms of Game Dev...
            Working On
            News
            I'm currently up for hire, for almost anything in ROM hacking, so just send me a PM.
            Old February 18th, 2010 (9:45 PM).
            The Absol Master

Nature: Adamant
              Matteron (96)- Have you tried changing the Options/Video/Render in VBA or other emulators?

Question:
              I have a very, very nub question for hacking the ol' Pokemon Gameboy Colour Gold Version. I want to use a hex editor (I use WindHex32, if it matters) to change the Pokemon available in the Goldenrod/Celadon Game Corners, and the Pokemon given out by Bill and the dude with the Shuckle on Olivine if possible at all.

I know almost nothing about hacking. I've only used a hex editor ONCE to try out the level-up tutorial for Pokemon GS and unlock Safari Zone. I cannot locate any offsets/values/pointers or whatever they're called for the Game Corner Pokemon.

I was hoping to change Abra, Sandshrew (was it?) and Dratini to Moltres, Articuno and Zapdos, and change the number of coins required for each to 5000. How is the data layed out and is it within my experience to be able to change them?

I've had a look through every tutorial available on the Internet over the past week. I went onto Pokemon Community and found some useful ones, but not what I need. So I joined up here, because people seem nice xD I want to use GBC Gold with Meboy (within 1 megabyte limit), but as you know, many emulators cannot trade so I want to make every Pokemon available, but I don't want to put Legendaries in the wild.
              Old February 19th, 2010 (3:16 AM).

is there a thread with all completed hacks with links
                Old February 19th, 2010 (3:44 AM).
                The Faltine

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Matteron (96) View Post
                  Okay, I'm just wondering how to fix this problem, in fire red, the hero overlaps every tile, even "top" tiles. I tried switching roms but every time it does this I get this glitch, I even tried switching to different computers and emulators, same thing
                  The tile's behaiviour is set to Block is covered by hero, perhaps?
                  Old February 19th, 2010 (5:15 AM).
                  • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Matteron (96) View Post
                  That's because you're using a higher movement permission, such as 10, or 14. Instead, just use, if it was Floor 1 Steps Floor 2, C 0 C. That spells something disturbing, but still. I don't know how to fix it, mind. ):

A Pokemon that is discriminated!
                  Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
                  Old February 19th, 2010 (5:38 AM).
                  Memento Mori
                  • Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Falcore View Post
                  is there a thread with all completed hacks with links
                  No because there's no reason for that
                  Everyone can find it by themselves.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                  Old February 19th, 2010 (6:56 AM).
                  School days again...

Nature: Naughty
                    Is it possible to insert a tile with more than 16 palettes in different way? Like dividing the tile into pieces then get the palette, and then insert it to Advance Map? To be specific, to have a tile in a game with more than 16 colors. Is it POSSIBLE?

--------------------------
                    My Thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=201787
                    Post your suggestions on my thread.
                    Contains DPP and HGSS Tiles and Overworlds!

874521 Pair up with Napalm
                    Old February 19th, 2010 (7:23 AM).
                    The Faltine

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by 874521 View Post
                      Is it possible to insert a tile with more than 16 palettes in different way? Like dividing the tile into pieces then get the palette, and then insert it to Advance Map? To be specific, to have a tile in a game with more than 16 colors. Is it POSSIBLE?
                      That's one busy tile...
                      Anyway, here's how I'd do it:
                      • Divide the tile into 2 pieces
                      • Make a pallete with 15+1 colors
                      • Insert the first piece in the lower tile
                      • Make a second pallete with 15+1 colors
                      • Insert the second piece in the upper tile
                      • set the behaviour to Block is covered by hero
                      Old February 19th, 2010 (7:37 AM).
                      i'm never loging in again.

Nature: Brave
                        hi. im not new to hacking roms or anything but i'm having some trouble with makeing some scripts for my ruby hack. i'm using poket script as my script editor or whatever. i use it because it much easyer for me then the other ones. ok on to my problem hope someone can help. i want to make a script that will work after the elite four. i made a new gym. so i want pof.butch or whatever his name is to come in my room and tell me the new gym is open and then leave. but i don't know what the checkflag is for something to happen after the elite four. could someone write out my script and i only wanted to happen once. this is pretty much all i need to be done for now for my hack. also the sappy or whatever it was called can i use that to add pokemon diamond, pearl or platinum music in to my ruby hack? if anybody could help. i be very happy. sorry if any of the questions are asked already. but there like 564 or so posts and only get to like 10 or so and i tryed just searching for scripts for after the elite four but couldn't find anything. sorry if i spelled somethings wrong
                        Old February 19th, 2010 (12:22 PM).
                        • Crystal Tier

Nature: Timid
                        I've got quite a strange problem. I'm hacking Emerald, and on several occasions I've had to restart entirely. One thing is, when I resize a map (with the Map Dimensions boxes under Map Header in A-Map), it appears that other, random maps are getting wiped clean, or deleted entirely. This has happened to me every time I start from a clean Rom (downloaded another one today just to be sure, and the same thing happens). I mean, if I change the dimensions (to make the map either bigger, OR smaller), certain maps get wiped or deleted regardless. Wiped, meaning the solid black vile covers almost the whole thing. When I change the dimensions, it asks me if I want to save changes. Naturally, I click yes. Then, I double-click Oldale, and get an error message saying "Invalid Pointer to Map Footer". I would imagine that this has something to do with how much free space Emerald has, but.. If someone could tell me what's actually happening, I'd appreciate it.

I'm working on an album of Pokémon-inspired music. Check out the Soundcloud link if you're interested!

This is my Soundcloud | | This is my bandcamp
                        Old February 19th, 2010 (1:32 PM).

Do you have the latest version of Advance Map? I thought I read somewhere that resizing the maps was a huge bug in an earlier version of Advance Map.
                          Old February 19th, 2010 (2:22 PM).
                          Oh Hai Thar~
                          • Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by firestormx19 View Post
                          hi. im not new to hacking roms or anything but i'm having some trouble with makeing some scripts for my ruby hack. i'm using poket script as my script editor or whatever. i use it because it much easyer for me then the other ones. ok on to my problem hope someone can help. i want to make a script that will work after the elite four. i made a new gym. so i want pof.butch or whatever his name is to come in my room and tell me the new gym is open and then leave. but i don't know what the checkflag is for something to happen after the elite four. could someone write out my script and i only wanted to happen once. this is pretty much all i need to be done for now for my hack. also the sappy or whatever it was called can i use that to add pokemon diamond, pearl or platinum music in to my ruby hack? if anybody could help. i be very happy. sorry if any of the questions are asked already. but there like 564 or so posts and only get to like 10 or so and i tryed just searching for scripts for after the elite four but couldn't find anything. sorry if i spelled somethings wrong
                          sorry but requesting scripts isn't allowed here, however, you can add a flag on the script of the champion after you defeated him. That'll be the flag you'll need to check when you get warped back home.

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by giradialkia View Post
                          I've got quite a strange problem. I'm hacking Emerald, and on several occasions I've had to restart entirely. One thing is, when I resize a map (with the Map Dimensions boxes under Map Header in A-Map), it appears that other, random maps are getting wiped clean, or deleted entirely. This has happened to me every time I start from a clean Rom (downloaded another one today just to be sure, and the same thing happens). I mean, if I change the dimensions (to make the map either bigger, OR smaller), certain maps get wiped or deleted regardless. Wiped, meaning the solid black vile covers almost the whole thing. When I change the dimensions, it asks me if I want to save changes. Naturally, I click yes. Then, I double-click Oldale, and get an error message saying "Invalid Pointer to Map Footer". I would imagine that this has something to do with how much free space Emerald has, but.. If someone could tell me what's actually happening, I'd appreciate it.
                          As icychill66 said, it may be because you're using an older version of Advance Map. Try and download the latest one available in LU-HO's thread in the toolbox section.

FC: 0061-1111-6462
                          TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

Old February 19th, 2010 (5:25 PM).
                          learning the ropes...

I'm having some trouble getting my own tiles into FireRed using AdvanceMap. I think it's two separate problems:
                            1. When I use the "load current palette from file" option, some colours don't show up, and the whole palette's colours get swapped around everywhere. This means my transparent colour and colour zones are all messed up.
                              A pic of the palette in Photoshop and the resulting palette in AdvanceMap (all colours are RGB multiples of 8):
                              Spoiler:

After the 6 random dark colours, the colours that show are in order, but the brown and grey colours after that point are missing.

2. Manually editing the A-Map palette to match the one in Photoshop still doesn't show the new tile set correctly.
                              What the tiles should look like, and the A-Map view of them:
                              Spoiler:

I know the tiles are there, because some different palettes reveals them, but with bad colours:
                              Spoiler:

I've searched through various threads and guides, no solution. All guides I've found only cover editing existing tiles, not inserting new ones. If I can figure this out I might make a guide of my own, noob-friendly .
                            Thanks in advance.
                            Old February 19th, 2010 (7:30 PM).
                            Yours truly
                            • Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by The Master View Post
                            That's because you're using a higher movement permission, such as 10, or 14. Instead, just use, if it was Floor 1 Steps Floor 2, C 0 C. That spells something disturbing, but still. I don't know how to fix it, mind. ):
                            Actually, the top layer of blocks with a movement permission of 0x14 will be shown over the player. But yes, 0x10 will make the top layer appear as though it were underneath the player. I believe that it alternates every 0x4, meaning that 0xC, 0x14, 0x18, etc. will all act like 0xC and 0x10, 0x18, 0x20, etc. will all act like 0x10, except that you can't move freely between them unless there's a 0x0 block.

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
                            No because there's no reason for that ;)
                            Everyone can find it by themselves.
                            Actually, you can find one here.

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by 874521 View Post
                            Technically yes, but for all intents and purposes, no.

Brother of Vrai
                            Old February 19th, 2010 (8:05 PM).
                            learning the ropes...

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by icychill66 View Post
                              Just wondering, what is the best sprite/tile editing tutorial?
                              For Pokemon Sprites: This one
                              For Overworld Sprites: Here
                              For tiles: Link
                              Old February 19th, 2010 (9:38 PM).
                              The Absol Master

Nature: Adamant
                                Question:
                                I have a very, very nub question for hacking the ol' Pokemon Gameboy Colour Gold Version. I want to use a hex editor (I use WindHex32, if it matters) to change the Pokemon available in the Goldenrod/Celadon Game Corners, and the Pokemon given out by Bill and the dude with the Shuckle on Olivine if possible at all.

I know almost nothing about hacking. I've only used a hex editor ONCE to try out the level-up tutorial for Pokemon GS and unlock Safari Zone. I cannot locate any offsets/values/pointers or whatever they're called for the Game Corner Pokemon.

I was hoping to change Abra, Sandshrew (was it?) and Dratini to Moltres, Articuno and Zapdos, and change the number of coins required for each to 5000. How is the data layed out and is it within my experience to be able to change them?

I've had a look through every tutorial available on the Internet over the past week. I went onto Pokemon Community and found some useful ones, but not what I need. So I joined up here, because people seem nice xD I want to use GBC Gold with Meboy (within 1 megabyte limit), but as you know, many emulators cannot trade so I want to make every Pokemon available, but I don't want to put Legendaries in the wild.
                                Old February 20th, 2010 (9:46 AM).
                                Difference is everything...
                                • Gold Tier

i have one more question, whenever I rearrange the Pokedex, it becomes glitched up in game. How do I fix this.
                                Current Team:

In Terms of Hacking...
                                Favorite ROM
                                Skills
                                Working On
                                In Terms of Game Dev...
                                Working On
                                News
                                I'm currently up for hire, for almost anything in ROM hacking, so just send me a PM.
                                Old February 20th, 2010 (2:00 PM).
                                How do you change this text?

Hello

Does anyone know if there is a script to change the sprite of the player in-game?

Example: I'm trying to make my character turn into a Team Rocket grunt when you talk to someone or press A on an object.

Thanks,
                                  ChrisMims
                                  Old February 20th, 2010 (2:06 PM).
                                  • Gold Tier

Where could I get MS Paint?
                                  It's disappeared from my computer and I can't find a download when I google it.
                                  could someone give me a link, or even a download?
                                  Thanks.

Quick Reply