ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #14626    
Old May 15th, 2010 (2:06 PM).
Incineroar's Avatar
Incineroar Incineroar is offline
the spirit of the fighter
  • Moderator
  • Platinum Tier
  • Developer
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Iki Town
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Posts: 13,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBurrito View Post
Is there a way to edit the conest stats of attacks? because if there is then that would make game a lot more fun. im also wandering if there is a way to change the name's of types.
1st question: I think so, although I'm not sure.
2nd question: You'd have to do some text editing and some graphic editing.


My question: Can someone help me? I can't assemble a song in Sappy. Can someone assemble it and export it for me? I want to know if I looped a song correctly. PM me and I'll email it to you. Thankx!
__________________

Relevant Advertising!

  #14627    
Old May 15th, 2010 (10:32 PM).
chrunch chrunch is offline
  • Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,349
I've got a question: how do you edit an attack name? Is there a tool for it, and, if there is, can you give me a link?


Yes, I know that's three questions.
__________________
  #14628    
Old May 15th, 2010 (11:42 PM).
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
Memento Mori
  • Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 14,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
I've got a question: how do you edit an attack name? Is there a tool for it, and, if there is, can you give me a link?


Yes, I know that's three questions.
You can use AEP (Attack Editor Pro).
It's pretty old so I don't know the link xD
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #14629    
Old May 16th, 2010 (5:18 AM). Edited May 16th, 2010 by PeregrineFig.
PeregrineFig's Avatar
PeregrineFig PeregrineFig is offline
Starting Pokémon Obsidian
     
    Join Date: Feb 2010
    Location: Michigan, USA
    Age: 23
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Hardy
    Posts: 202
    I'm trying to tackle learning ASM now, as I have an excellent handle on scripting and know my way around a hex editor. But it's proving to be more difficult than I thought. I tried the little challenge thing on HackMew's tutorial, where my ASM routine should return the ID and secret ID values to two variables. It sends the secret id value to 800D like it's supposed to, but the value returned to 8000 is 2. Can anyone spot the problem? Thanks in advance.

    Spoiler:

    Code:
    .text
    .align 2
    .thumb
    .thumb_func
    .global lesson1
    
    main:
    	push {r0-r1, lr}
    	ldr r0, .PLAYER_DATA
    	ldr r0, [r0]
    	ldr r1, .VARA
    	ldrh r0, [r0, #0xC]
    	strh r0, [r1]
    	pop {r0-r1, pc}
            push {r0-r1, lr}
            ldr r0, .PLAYER_DATA
            ldr r0, [r0]
            ldr r1, .VARB
            ldrh r0, [r0, #0xA]
            strh r1, [r1]
            pop {r0-r1, pc}
    
    
    .align 2
    .PLAYER_DATA:
    	.word 0x0300500C
    .VARA:
    	.word 0x020270B6 + (0x800D * 2)
    .VARB:
            .word 0x020270B8 + (0x8000 * 2)


    Edit: I tinkered with it, and oddly, now the value returned to 8000 every time is 28856. :/ I made a new file to test it and got the same result.
    __________________
    Current Projects:
    POKéMON AQUA SAPPHIRE
    POKéMON OBSIDIAN

      #14630    
    Old May 16th, 2010 (5:34 AM).
    Logan's Avatar
    Logan Logan is offline
    • Platinum Tier
     
    Join Date: Nov 2008
    Location: Salisbury, England
    Age: 22
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Sassy
    Posts: 10,034
    I'm no expert with ASM but wouldn't it need to be like such:
    Code:
    main:
        push {r0-r1, lr}
        ldr r0, .PLAYER_DATA
        ldr r0, [r0]
        ldr r1, .VAR
        ldrh r0, [r0, #0xA]
        strh r0, [r1]
        ldr r0, .PLAYER_DATA
        ldr r0, [r0]
        ldrh r0, [r0, #0xC]
        strh r0, [r1, #0x2]
        pop {r0-r1, pc}
    __________________
    Wait, I saw bare kicks, saw bare clothes
    Said psyduck that, I can't wear those
    I don't like them, they're not my ting
    They went silent, they're all weirdos
      #14631    
    Old May 16th, 2010 (5:36 AM).
    ElBurrito's Avatar
    ElBurrito ElBurrito is offline
    I'm not just any burrito. I am THE burrito.
       
      Join Date: Jan 2010
      Location: Middle of Nowhere, Missouri. 'Murica!.
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Bold
      Posts: 518
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
      I've got a question: how do you edit an attack name? Is there a tool for it, and, if there is, can you give me a link?


      Yes, I know that's three questions.

      Follow this link and download. A-Tack. You can edit attack names, attack power, pp, and added effects of the attack.

      LINK:
      ___________________________________________
      http://wahackpokemon.com/en/download/tools-gba
        #14632    
      Old May 16th, 2010 (8:01 AM).
      Incineroar's Avatar
      Incineroar Incineroar is offline
      the spirit of the fighter
      • Moderator
      • Platinum Tier
      • Developer
       
      Join Date: May 2009
      Location: Iki Town
      Age: 22
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Brave
      Posts: 13,555
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
      My question: Can someone help me? I can't assemble a song in Sappy. Can someone assemble it and export it for me? I want to know if I looped a song correctly. PM me and I'll email it to you. Thankx!
      And if none of you can, could someone help me troubleshoot? Or give me another way to assemble? I want to do this so badly! (Yet, Sappy hates me...)
      __________________
        #14633    
      Old May 16th, 2010 (10:52 AM).
      stanemac12 stanemac12 is offline
         
        Join Date: Oct 2009
        Posts: 5
        Anyone know why an exp.share item is causing my game to crash in my hack? Its in ruby, and all of the events to acquire the exp share talking to the devon president to get it work just fine, but whenever I try and go to in it my inventory or give it to one of my pokemon is causes the game to just crash. I haven't done anything with the item at all, so I don't know why this is happening. Anyone know how to fix it?
          #14634    
        Old May 16th, 2010 (10:55 AM).
        nick942 nick942 is offline
           
          Join Date: May 2010
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 2
          1.does anyone know how i can add items on routes using advance map?

          2.does anyone know any good scripting programs
            #14635    
          Old May 16th, 2010 (11:00 AM).
          Incineroar's Avatar
          Incineroar Incineroar is offline
          the spirit of the fighter
          • Moderator
          • Platinum Tier
          • Developer
           
          Join Date: May 2009
          Location: Iki Town
          Age: 22
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Brave
          Posts: 13,555
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by nick942 View Post
          1.does anyone know how i can add items on routes using advance map?

          2.does anyone know any good scripting programs
          1. Hidden Items, or Pokeballs that dissappear?

          2. XSE, Pocket Script, that's all I can think of.

          AAaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnddddd...

          __________________
            #14636    
          Old May 16th, 2010 (11:03 AM).
          nick942 nick942 is offline
             
            Join Date: May 2010
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 2
            Pokeballs that disappear and how do you choose what items inside of it
              #14637    
            Old May 16th, 2010 (11:07 AM).
            Incineroar's Avatar
            Incineroar Incineroar is offline
            the spirit of the fighter
            • Moderator
            • Platinum Tier
            • Developer
             
            Join Date: May 2009
            Location: Iki Town
            Age: 22
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Brave
            Posts: 13,555
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by nick942 View Post
            Pokeballs that disappear and how do you choose what items inside of it
            That would be a script, with a person sprite set to a Pokeball.

            Code:
            #org $item
            lock
            faceplayer
            msgbox @1 0x6
            giveitem 0x01
            hidesprite(varies)
            release
            end
            
            #org @1
            = /h/n01 recieved a MASTER BALL./nYou put the MASTER BALL in the bag.
            I think that's how it goes.

            /h/n01 is the setting for the Player's name.
            giveitem 0x01 is the thing to give the item, in this case, a Master Ball.
            hidesprite(varies) is the way to get rid of the Pokeball after it has been used. Varies will be the person #.
            __________________
              #14638    
            Old May 16th, 2010 (11:23 AM).
            colcolstyles's Avatar
            colcolstyles colcolstyles is offline
            Yours truly
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: May 2008
            Location: The Bay Area
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Lonely
            Posts: 1,590
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by nick942 View Post
            Pokeballs that disappear and how do you choose what items inside of it
            Download XSE and when you have it open, click on Help > Guide (F2) in the top bar. Expand the directory called "XSE - Comprehensive Scripting Guide", then expand "Practical Classroom", and finally open the page titled "Items". There's a lot of good information there about item scripts, including a section dedicated to item-giving Pokéballs not halfway down the page. No offense to Team Fail but the method described in that section is much less complex than his and it will take up much, much less space in your ROM.

            Also, before you skip directly to the "Nintendo Pokéball Styled Items" section, I would recommend reading the entire Items section first. Heck, you might as well read the entire guide. It's a fine way to learn how to script.
            __________________

            Brother of Vrai
              #14639    
            Old May 16th, 2010 (12:28 PM).
            PeregrineFig's Avatar
            PeregrineFig PeregrineFig is offline
            Starting Pokémon Obsidian
               
              Join Date: Feb 2010
              Location: Michigan, USA
              Age: 23
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Hardy
              Posts: 202
              I made my ASM code work, but it uses 4 registers instead of 2. So, I was wondering if anyone knows a good ASM tutorial document for Pokemon hacking, not general development. HackMew's only has one real lesson in it, and it left a few holes in my understanding. (Although I hope he updates it, as HackMew has written some fantastic routines)
              __________________
              Current Projects:
              POKéMON AQUA SAPPHIRE
              POKéMON OBSIDIAN

                #14640    
              Old May 16th, 2010 (12:36 PM).
              colcolstyles's Avatar
              colcolstyles colcolstyles is offline
              Yours truly
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: May 2008
              Location: The Bay Area
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Lonely
              Posts: 1,590
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by PeregrineFig View Post
              I made my ASM code work, but it uses 4 registers instead of 2. So, I was wondering if anyone knows a good ASM tutorial document for Pokemon hacking, not general development. HackMew's only has one real lesson in it, and it left a few holes in my understanding. (Although I hope he updates it, as HackMew has written some fantastic routines)
              I recommend JPAN's tutorial. It's got some broad information on ASM that doesn't apply only to Pokémon.
              __________________

              Brother of Vrai
                #14641    
              Old May 16th, 2010 (12:46 PM). Edited May 16th, 2010 by stanemac12.
              stanemac12 stanemac12 is offline
                 
                Join Date: Oct 2009
                Posts: 5
                In my hack, whenever I try and access an exp.share item in my inventory, the game crashes. Everything else in the hack works fine except this. Anyone know why or how to fix it?

                EDIT: After tying to check the item out in an item editing program, that program also crashes. It works for every other item but the exp.share.
                  #14642    
                Old May 16th, 2010 (1:29 PM). Edited May 16th, 2010 by PeregrineFig.
                PeregrineFig's Avatar
                PeregrineFig PeregrineFig is offline
                Starting Pokémon Obsidian
                   
                  Join Date: Feb 2010
                  Location: Michigan, USA
                  Age: 23
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Hardy
                  Posts: 202
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by stanemac12 View Post
                  In my hack, whenever I try and access an exp.share item in my inventory, the game crashes. Everything else in the hack works fine except this. Anyone know why or how to fix it?

                  EDIT: After tying to check the item out in an item editing program, that program also crashes. It works for every other item but the exp.share.
                  A piece of data was corrupted in the exp share's code. Basically, your options are to not use the Exp Share, or restart your hack. A better way, though, is to look at the Exp Share in a clean ROM, write down ALL the information (names, numbers, offsets) except for description, you have to manually retype that and put it on a new offset, then copy all that into one of the ???s in your hack and use that index number instead. It's possible the ASM code for the item has a mechanism to check the index number, though, and if that's the case you'll have to resort to one of the first two things I mentioned.
                  __________________
                  Current Projects:
                  POKéMON AQUA SAPPHIRE
                  POKéMON OBSIDIAN

                    #14643    
                  Old May 16th, 2010 (2:01 PM).
                  Incineroar's Avatar
                  Incineroar Incineroar is offline
                  the spirit of the fighter
                  • Moderator
                  • Platinum Tier
                  • Developer
                   
                  Join Date: May 2009
                  Location: Iki Town
                  Age: 22
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Brave
                  Posts: 13,555
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
                  Download XSE and when you have it open, click on Help > Guide (F2) in the top bar. Expand the directory called "XSE - Comprehensive Scripting Guide", then expand "Practical Classroom", and finally open the page titled "Items". There's a lot of good information there about item scripts, including a section dedicated to item-giving Pokéballs not halfway down the page. No offense to Team Fail but the method described in that section is much less complex than his and it will take up much, much less space in your ROM.

                  Also, before you skip directly to the "Nintendo Pokéball Styled Items" section, I would recommend reading the entire Items section first. Heck, you might as well read the entire guide. It's a fine way to learn how to script.
                  None Taken. It's just my style of scripting. I'm trying, but failing, at how to use XSE.
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by stanemac12 View Post
                  In my hack, whenever I try and access an exp.share item in my inventory, the game crashes. Everything else in the hack works fine except this. Anyone know why or how to fix it?

                  EDIT: After tying to check the item out in an item editing program, that program also crashes. It works for every other item but the exp.share.
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by PeregrineFig View Post
                  A piece of data was corrupted in the exp share's code. Basically, your options are to not use the Exp Share, or restart your hack. A better way, though, is to look at the Exp Share in a clean ROM, right down ALL the information (names, numbers, offsets) except for description, you have to manually retype that and put it on a new offset, then copy all that into one of the ???s in your hack and use that index number instead. It's possible the ASM code for the item has a mechanism to check the index number, though, and if that's the case you'll have to resort to one of the first two things I mentioned.
                  I was thinking that. That's all I can say.
                  __________________
                    #14644    
                  Old May 16th, 2010 (2:42 PM).
                  Esmas Esmas is offline
                  General
                     
                    Join Date: Nov 2009
                    Location: Ontario, Canada
                    Posts: 529
                    I've searched quite a bit and simply cannot find the answer to my questions.
                    1) I've inserted a new Pokémon from scratch and I would like to edit the Pokédex data. YAPE doesn't let me do so; it only lets me edit existing Pokédex data. I know it has something to do with finding free space and repointing the Pokémon's data to the Pokédex, but I'd like to know exactly how to do it.
                    2) I'm using Poké Edit Pro and I want to insert a new attack to my new Pokémon, or Insert New Table. What do I put in the Start Offset area? Or would I leave it the way it is?
                    __________________
                    SoulSilver Friend Code: 3696 3852 0232
                      #14645    
                    Old May 16th, 2010 (5:29 PM).
                    Shiny Quagsire's Avatar
                    Shiny Quagsire Shiny Quagsire is offline
                    I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
                       
                      Join Date: May 2009
                      Location: Hoenn Safari Zone
                      Age: 19
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Jolly
                      Posts: 700
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Esmas View Post
                      I've searched quite a bit and simply cannot find the answer to my questions.
                      1) I've inserted a new Pokémon from scratch and I would like to edit the Pokédex data. YAPE doesn't let me do so; it only lets me edit existing Pokédex data. I know it has something to do with finding free space and repointing the Pokémon's data to the Pokédex, but I'd like to know exactly how to do it.
                      2) I'm using Poké Edit Pro and I want to insert a new attack to my new Pokémon, or Insert New Table. What do I put in the Start Offset area? Or would I leave it the way it is?
                      1.)You can't have any new entries. Just replace it's number with another's.

                      2.)Most free space finding applications start at offset 0x800000. I'd start there.
                      __________________



                        #14646    
                      Old May 17th, 2010 (6:30 AM).
                      adhdguitar's Avatar
                      adhdguitar adhdguitar is offline
                      Newbie Pokémon Hacker
                         
                        Join Date: May 2010
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Adamant
                        Posts: 210
                        Is there any way to edit trainers?
                        __________________


                        Yellow: Complete
                        Crystal:
                        Complete
                        Sapphire: Not Started
                        Cherrim: Not Started
                          #14647    
                        Old May 17th, 2010 (7:28 AM).
                        Chikane Chikane is offline
                           
                          Join Date: May 2010
                          Gender: Female
                          Posts: 2
                          1. Can I have different palletes depending on which map I am?
                          (Going trough a cave to end up in a autumn place thing e.g.)

                          2. How do I edit the townmap?
                          (BG and FG?)

                          3. Are there any events that have to stay in the game in order to make sure I don't screw up later on?
                            #14648    
                          Old May 17th, 2010 (5:33 PM).
                          Xephyr's Avatar
                          Xephyr Xephyr is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Jun 2009
                            Age: 23
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 186
                            This should be a pretty simple question, but in Firered, does anyone know how I could possibly make the player start out with the National Dex?
                              #14649    
                            Old May 17th, 2010 (5:49 PM).
                            Shiny Quagsire's Avatar
                            Shiny Quagsire Shiny Quagsire is offline
                            I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
                               
                              Join Date: May 2009
                              Location: Hoenn Safari Zone
                              Age: 19
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Jolly
                              Posts: 700
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by adhdguitar View Post
                              Is there any way to edit trainers?
                              Use hackmew's advanced trainer

                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Xephyr View Post
                              This should be a pretty simple question, but in Firered, does anyone know how I could possibly make the player start out with the National Dex?
                              I'm sure it's a variable to be set. Figure out the variable and set it in a script.
                              __________________



                                #14650    
                              Old May 17th, 2010 (9:47 PM). Edited May 18th, 2010 by Koopaking.
                              Koopaking Koopaking is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: May 2010
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 2
                                okay so, i a newbie at this, but i REALLY need a program to hack the pokemon text. Advanced-text simply wont work on my computer and ive tried downloading the required .dll files and all that nonsense.(I did it on a second computer and it still did not work) but anyway, what programs can I use to edit the text in pokemon firered BESIDES advanced text and thingy32(that didnt work ethier).

                                NVM, figured it out
                                Closed Thread

                                Quick Reply

                                Join the conversation!

                                Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                Sponsored Links
                                Thread Tools

                                Posting Rules
                                You may not post new threads
                                You may not post replies
                                You may not post attachments
                                You may not edit your posts

                                BB code is On
                                Smilies are On
                                [IMG] code is On
                                HTML code is Off

                                Forum Jump


                                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:52 PM.