ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1601    
Old July 27th, 2007 (2:31 PM).
linkandzelda's Avatar
linkandzelda linkandzelda is offline
n00b desu ka?
     
    Join Date: Dec 2006
    Location: Hastings, England
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Careful
    Posts: 776
    its in fire red in oaks lab when the rivel takes his pokemon he says:

    I'll take this one, then!

    i want it to say this:

    ELM: MR.POKEMON lives a little
    bit beyond CHERRYGROVE, the next

    city over. It's almost a direct route
    there so you can't miss it. I'll give

    you my phone number. Call me if
    anything comes up!
    __________________

    Relevant Advertising!

      #1602    
    Old July 27th, 2007 (2:40 PM).
    Youji's Avatar
    Youji Youji is offline
    Game Designer
    • Crystal Tier
     
    Join Date: Jun 2007
    Location: Germany
    Age: 25
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Quiet
    Posts: 600
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post
    its in fire red in oaks lab when the rivel takes his pokemon he says:

    I'll take this one, then!

    i want it to say this:

    ELM: MR.POKEMON lives a little
    bit beyond CHERRYGROVE, the next

    city over. It's almost a direct route
    there so you can't miss it. I'll give

    you my phone number. Call me if
    anything comes up!
    Sorry I can't find this text.
      #1603    
    Old July 27th, 2007 (2:48 PM).
    linkandzelda's Avatar
    linkandzelda linkandzelda is offline
    n00b desu ka?
       
      Join Date: Dec 2006
      Location: Hastings, England
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Careful
      Posts: 776
      exactly as it says or it wont find it it. i found it i just cant make it longer
      __________________
        #1604    
      Old July 27th, 2007 (2:53 PM).
      <<Haruki Adachi>>'s Avatar
      <<Haruki Adachi>> <<Haruki Adachi>> is offline
      Oh how heroes have fallen
         
        Join Date: Mar 2007
        Nature: Relaxed
        Posts: 73
        Hey when I open up A-text it says its missing a file
        __________________


          #1605    
        Old July 27th, 2007 (5:19 PM).
        thethethethe thethethethe is offline
           
          Join Date: Jun 2007
          Location: Melbourne, Australia
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 1,104
          I've made a wildbattle script but I can't figure out how to make the sprite dissapear. I'll post the script just in case i've done something wrong.
          Code:
          #org $battle
          lock
          faceplayer
          cry 25
          message $pikcry
          boxset 6
          checkflag 0x829
          if b_true goto $wild
          release
          end
          
          #org $wild
          lock
          wildbattle 25 3 1
          release
          setflag 0x202
          fadescreen 0
          end
          
          #org $pikcry
          $pikcry 1 = Pik-aa-chuuu!
          What number do I put in the people ID?(I'm using advance map)
          __________________
          Gone.
            #1606    
          Old July 27th, 2007 (7:45 PM).
          Zurenriri's Avatar
          Zurenriri Zurenriri is offline
          Has What Grass-Types Crave
             
            Join Date: Feb 2007
            Location: United States
            Age: 26
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Adamant
            Posts: 52
            Thingy32 hates me.
            Hex Workshop is insane.
            TranslationStation doesn't work right.
            Hexposure crashes when you try to make it read a GBA file ('cos it's too old).

            I already uninstalled HW and TS, so here's a question for Thingy32:
            Could someone please help me figure out how to change the text in FireRed? I've got the Rom, and a table, and I found the offset, but when I select and edit the text I want to edit, it doesn't show up.

            If you can't answer me there, then please help me find a better hex editor?
            __________________
            Diamond/Pearl - ZURI 2105 5247 6255
            HeartGold/SoulSilver - ???
            Black/White - Noire 2193 7299 8670

            Zurenriri's PokePet

            Kiyone the level 81 Gardevoir!


            Sig last updated 2007.07.27 2011.03.21
              #1607    
            Old July 27th, 2007 (8:11 PM).
            Short Range's Avatar
            Short Range Short Range is offline
            Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
               
              Join Date: Jun 2007
              Location: Australia
              Nature: Naive
              Posts: 270
              Does anyone know where I can find the main hero from Pokemon Colosseum FireRed Style sprites? I need his overworld and his battle sprite.
              __________________
              MSN/E-mail ~ [email protected]

              Nintendo Wii Code ~ 6691-5507-3921-0167
              Pokemon Platinum Code ~ 1849-2990-6860

              Feel free to drop me a line on Wii Message or MSN! :D
                #1608    
              Old July 27th, 2007 (8:36 PM).
              Darkrai64's Avatar
              Darkrai64 Darkrai64 is offline
              Pokemon expert trainer
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2007
                Gender:
                Nature: Adamant
                Posts: 35
                Where can I download advance battle that works with firered? If not, then what can I download that works like advance battle that works for firered?
                  #1609    
                Old July 27th, 2007 (8:39 PM). Edited July 27th, 2007 by Hiidoran.
                Hiidoran's Avatar
                Hiidoran Hiidoran is offline
                ohey
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: Oct 2005
                Location: Indiana
                Age: 27
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Jolly
                Posts: 6,245
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by exedissolve View Post
                I know this has been asked, and i apoligise, but with my internet connection, I dont have the patience to go through all these pages.

                when i try and edit a sprite in ULNZ, or watever it's called, I export the sprite, edit it in paint, and when i try importing it it says it's too big or something. PLEASE HELP ME!!!! noob in need!!!

                and is there any program like dexter for firered and leafgreen???
                When you select "write to rom" select the boxes "Export image", "Export Pallet" and "automaticly fix pointers". Make sure that "Auto abort if new data is bigger" is not selected.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by sternshadow View Post
                for some reason whenever i try to play a gbc rom, patched or unpatched,(i use the newest vba) emulator the screen turns black, nothing happens, then if i click the menu at the top turns white and the vba freezes. Can some on help me?
                Seems to me like a bad rom. Try downloading a new one. Otherwise, your computer may be either too old, or too full to run the program properly.
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Darkrai64 View Post
                Let me make myself clear. In advance map, I want to change the music, but the music is in some weird language like instead it saying pallet town, it says alabastia, or something like that. How do I change it to english?
                HackMew beat me to it.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by mattheulmcinnis View Post
                I feel the same way. some of my questions never get answerd and I keep posting until they get tired and answer my question.
                What Hackmew said. ;

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by swampert22 View Post
                I know a lot of people have been asking for the key items list in FireRed/LeafGreen, myself included so this morning I took it upon myself to find it and... here it is!

                Spoiler:
                Oak's Parcel 0x15D
                PokéFlute 0x15E
                Secret Key 0x15F
                Bike Voucher 0x160
                Gold Teeth 0x161
                Old Amber 0x162
                Card Key 0x163
                Lift Key 0x164
                Helix Fossil 0x165
                Dome Fossil 0x166
                Silph Scope 0x167
                Bicycle 0x168
                Town Map 0x169
                VS Seeker 0x16A
                Fame Checker 0x16B
                TM Case 0x16C
                Berry Pouch 0x16D
                Teachy TV 0x16E
                Tri Pass 0x16F
                Rainbow Pass 0x170
                Tea 0x171
                Mystic Ticket 0x172
                Aurora Ticket 0x173
                Powder Jar 0x174
                Ruby 0x175
                Sapphire 0x176


                I hope this helps everyone! Plus if you want to you can download it in a document here.

                Happy Hacking!
                Thank you very much, this will help a lot of members!

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Short Range View Post
                Does anyone know where I can find the main hero from Pokemon Colosseum FireRed Style sprites? I need his overworld and his battle sprite.
                Um....I don't think that's quite the kind of questions that are asked here usually. This is more for technical help, read the first post in this discussion to get a better idea. But even if it is a valid question, I do not know.

                As always, I hope it helps!
                -Hiidoran
                  #1610    
                Old July 27th, 2007 (8:49 PM).
                Short Range's Avatar
                Short Range Short Range is offline
                Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
                   
                  Join Date: Jun 2007
                  Location: Australia
                  Nature: Naive
                  Posts: 270
                  OK sorry about that. I'll just go and try to make my own I guess.
                  __________________
                  MSN/E-mail ~ [email protected]

                  Nintendo Wii Code ~ 6691-5507-3921-0167
                  Pokemon Platinum Code ~ 1849-2990-6860

                  Feel free to drop me a line on Wii Message or MSN! :D
                    #1611    
                  Old July 27th, 2007 (9:18 PM).
                  <<Haruki Adachi>>'s Avatar
                  <<Haruki Adachi>> <<Haruki Adachi>> is offline
                  Oh how heroes have fallen
                     
                    Join Date: Mar 2007
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 73
                    Hey when I open up A-text it says its missing a file
                    __________________


                      #1612    
                    Old July 27th, 2007 (11:14 PM).
                    HackMew's Avatar
                    HackMew HackMew is offline
                    Mewtwo Strikes Back
                    • Crystal Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Jun 2006
                    Posts: 1,314
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by swampert22 View Post
                    I know a lot of people have been asking for the key items list in FireRed/LeafGreen, myself included so this morning I took it upon myself to find it and... here it is!
                    [...]
                    Well, my FR/LG Item List has just been approved ^^


                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by charmander07 View Post
                    Sorry I can't find this text.:
                    [...]
                    (
                    Of course you can't, it isn't a text that's normally included in a clean ROM.


                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post
                    exactly as it says or it wont find it it. i found it i just cant make it longer
                    Did you make a script for those messages, isn't it?
                    If so, just make the text longer and recompile the script after cleaning the old one. Weird things could happen if you just recompile the text over the old one without clearing it first :P

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
                    Hey when I open up A-text it says its missing a file
                    Which one? Be more detailed...
                    Also, don't ask the same question more than once. It won't help you and it will just bother the people that could answer you.


                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by thethethethe View Post
                    I've made a wildbattle script but I can't figure out how to make the sprite dissapear. [...]
                    I think that the Script Request/Sharing/Discussion is a better place to ask ;)


                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Zurenriri View Post
                    Thingy32 hates me.
                    Hex Workshop is insane.
                    TranslationStation doesn't work right.
                    Hexposure crashes when you try to make it read a GBA file ('cos it's too old).

                    I already uninstalled HW and TS, so here's a question for Thingy32:
                    Could someone please help me figure out how to change the text in FireRed? I've got the Rom, and a table, and I found the offset, but when I select and edit the text I want to edit, it doesn't show up.
                    Why Hex Workshop should be insane? :P
                    BTW, have you ever tried Translhextion?


                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Hiidoran View Post
                    When you select "write to rom" select the boxes "Export image", "Export Pallet" and "automaticly fix pointers". Make sure that "Auto abort if new data is bigger" is not selected.
                    IHMO unchecking the "Auto abort" option is never a really good solution.
                    __________________
                      #1613    
                    Old July 28th, 2007 (12:00 AM). Edited July 28th, 2007 by linkandzelda.
                    linkandzelda's Avatar
                    linkandzelda linkandzelda is offline
                    n00b desu ka?
                       
                      Join Date: Dec 2006
                      Location: Hastings, England
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Careful
                      Posts: 776
                      i edited the original leaf green to make the text longer but my rom broke so i started again on fire red and the text wasnt listed so i serched for it and found it and saved it and tried to edit it but could not. its there on a clean rom. gary says it when he takes his pokemon. I'll take this one then! you have to serach for it. ive just found it in 10 seconds. i cant script it again because its part of the pokeball script and i cant rescript that.
                      __________________
                        #1614    
                      Old July 28th, 2007 (12:35 AM).
                      Youji's Avatar
                      Youji Youji is offline
                      Game Designer
                      • Crystal Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Jun 2007
                      Location: Germany
                      Age: 25
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Quiet
                      Posts: 600
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by - HackMew - View Post
                      Of course you can't, it isn't a text that's normally included in a clean ROM.
                      [...]


                      Oh I didn't mean the text of G/S/C I meant the text with Gary. O.o
                        #1615    
                      Old July 28th, 2007 (3:36 AM). Edited July 28th, 2007 by Crikeyapokemon.
                      Crikeyapokemon's Avatar
                      Crikeyapokemon Crikeyapokemon is offline
                      I'm just your avarage teen...
                         
                        Join Date: Jul 2007
                        Location: Inside my computer
                        Age: 10
                        Gender:
                        Nature: Hasty
                        Posts: 34
                        I have a few questions:
                        I have a question:
                        Where can I find some basic scripting tutorials(very basic,how to delete events,how to add events etc...)
                        I'm really new at hacking so I need some very basic tutorials that are easy to understand.
                        (Cause right now I don't understand a thing about scripting)
                        __________________
                        92% of teens moved on to rap if you are still part of the 8% who listen to real music copy and paste this into your signature
                          #1616    
                        Old July 28th, 2007 (10:47 AM).
                        shaunlibby's Avatar
                        shaunlibby shaunlibby is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Apr 2007
                          Gender:
                          Nature: Adamant
                          Posts: 3
                          Hi, I Have Made A Few Hacks Before But When I Look At Peoples Hacks On The Showcase They Are All Amazing And Really Creative.

                          Basically What I Need Is Someone With Msn Who Can Talk Me Throught The Basics Of Advancemap, And Other Programs To Make My Hacks Repectable. This Would Really Help. If You Do Have The Time Could You Please Add Me On [email protected]
                            #1617    
                          Old July 28th, 2007 (1:39 PM).
                          Hiidoran's Avatar
                          Hiidoran Hiidoran is offline
                          ohey
                          • Crystal Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Oct 2005
                          Location: Indiana
                          Age: 27
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Jolly
                          Posts: 6,245
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Crikeyapokemon View Post
                          I have a few questions:
                          I have a question:
                          Where can I find some basic scripting tutorials(very basic,how to delete events,how to add events etc...)
                          I'm really new at hacking so I need some very basic tutorials that are easy to understand.
                          (Cause right now I don't understand a thing about scripting)
                          Here you go, it's for Pokescript: http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=81691
                          Try checking the documents and tutorials before posting next time, ok?

                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by UnitRico View Post
                          Does someone have a link or just a copy of a FireRed ROM that can save after you defeat the Pokémon League? I need one, otherwise I can't start working on my hack

                          ~Cya, UnitRico
                          Please don't tell me you just asked for a rom... That's like the #1 "no-no" in this forum. However, if you are looking for a patch for your rom, look here please: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=77503. It's the save-file exchange thread; if it's anywhere, it's most likely there.

                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by shaunlibby View Post
                          Hi, I Have Made A Few Hacks Before But When I Look At Peoples Hacks On The Showcase They Are All Amazing And Really Creative.

                          Basically What I Need Is Someone With Msn Who Can Talk Me Throught The Basics Of Advancemap, And Other Programs To Make My Hacks Repectable. This Would Really Help. If You Do Have The Time Could You Please Add Me On [email protected]
                          While I'm not willing to devout all my time, I will help you with whatever questions you have via PM.

                          As always, Hope it helped!
                          -Hiidoran
                            #1618    
                          Old July 28th, 2007 (2:12 PM).
                          RileySox RileySox is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Jun 2007
                            Posts: 28
                            maybe i can ask here,

                            umm so i was looking for that one hack where you can go into the past and future, but i cant find it, i tried searching too. im sorry if this isnt detailed enough
                              #1619    
                            Old July 28th, 2007 (2:46 PM). Edited July 28th, 2007 by Hiidoran.
                            Hiidoran's Avatar
                            Hiidoran Hiidoran is offline
                            ohey
                            • Crystal Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Oct 2005
                            Location: Indiana
                            Age: 27
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Jolly
                            Posts: 6,245
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Darkrai64 View Post
                            Does anyone know how to change your sprite into some one else like on pokemon orange, just before a battle, it shows the back of your sprite and on your trainer card, it shows your sprite. How do I change it?



                            Come on my website: ...
                            And give me ideas on what to put on my new game!
                            First off, please don't advertise your website here, there is a place for that: Webmaster's Discussion
                            Zel has written a tutorial on this, please look in the documents and tutorials next time, ok? http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=82358

                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by RileySox View Post
                            maybe i can ask here,

                            umm so i was looking for that one hack where you can go into the past and future, but i cant find it, i tried searching too. im sorry if this isnt detailed enough
                            Sorry, this is not really the kind of question asked here. Suitable questions would be along the lines of "How to change pallets" or "what is the flag for the 6th gym leader". Also, in my duration in this forum there have been many hacks that deal with time travel...

                            Hope it helped!
                            -Hiidoran
                              #1620    
                            Old July 28th, 2007 (3:44 PM).
                            CrazyLuigi's Avatar
                            CrazyLuigi CrazyLuigi is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Feb 2007
                              Age: 27
                              Gender:
                              Nature: Adamant
                              Posts: 33
                              1) Hiya, I was wondering if it was possible to turn any map i wanted into a "Safari Zone" of sorts.

                              2) Is there a way to modify the amount of money some one starts off with?
                              __________________
                                #1621    
                              Old July 28th, 2007 (5:08 PM).
                              <<Haruki Adachi>>'s Avatar
                              <<Haruki Adachi>> <<Haruki Adachi>> is offline
                              Oh how heroes have fallen
                                 
                                Join Date: Mar 2007
                                Nature: Relaxed
                                Posts: 73
                                A-text says its missing a file named comdlg32.exc
                                __________________


                                  #1622    
                                Old July 28th, 2007 (5:16 PM). Edited July 28th, 2007 by Hiidoran.
                                Hiidoran's Avatar
                                Hiidoran Hiidoran is offline
                                ohey
                                • Crystal Tier
                                 
                                Join Date: Oct 2005
                                Location: Indiana
                                Age: 27
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Jolly
                                Posts: 6,245
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
                                A-text says its missing a file named comdlg32.exc
                                Oh, that's incredibly easy to fix! But do you mean "Comdlg32.oxc"? Although before I continue, I need to know what system you run, so that I may tell you EXACTLY where to put the file to make it work.
                                  #1623    
                                Old July 28th, 2007 (5:54 PM).
                                Blazichu's Avatar
                                Blazichu Blazichu is offline
                                Bahhhh?
                                   
                                  Join Date: Mar 2006
                                  Location: The ground?
                                  Age: 27
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 1,389
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by CrazyLuigi
                                  1) Hiya, I was wondering if it was possible to turn any map i wanted into a "Safari Zone" of sorts.

                                  2) Is there a way to modify the amount of money some one starts off with?
                                  1. Just use the Safari Zone tileset, in FR just go to "Header View" make Tileset 1 "0" and make Tileset 2 "8" using AdvanceMap.

                                  2. I am sure that the amount of money can be changed by scripting or hex editting, if hex just search for the starting value of cash.
                                  __________________

                                  ←(left) the online world for life(MSN, PC etc.)~
                                    #1624    
                                  Old July 28th, 2007 (6:53 PM).
                                  CrazyLuigi's Avatar
                                  CrazyLuigi CrazyLuigi is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Feb 2007
                                    Age: 27
                                    Gender:
                                    Nature: Adamant
                                    Posts: 33
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Blazichu View Post
                                    1. Just use the Safari Zone tileset, in FR just go to "Header View" make Tileset 1 "0" and make Tileset 2 "8" using AdvanceMap.

                                    2. I am sure that the amount of money can be changed by scripting or hex editting, if hex just search for the starting value of cash.
                                    1. Is there a way to do it with out using the safari zone tiles?/Does it have to be the specific safari zone combination or can it be a mix?

                                    2. Thanks! :D
                                    __________________
                                      #1625    
                                    Old July 28th, 2007 (9:18 PM).
                                    <<Haruki Adachi>>'s Avatar
                                    <<Haruki Adachi>> <<Haruki Adachi>> is offline
                                    Oh how heroes have fallen
                                       
                                      Join Date: Mar 2007
                                      Nature: Relaxed
                                      Posts: 73
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Hiidoran View Post
                                      Oh, that's incredibly easy to fix! But do you mean "Comdlg32.oxc"? Although before I continue, I need to know what system you run, so that I may tell you EXACTLY where to put the file to make it work.
                                      My systems is xp professional
                                      __________________


                                      Closed Thread

                                      Quick Reply

                                      Join the conversation!

                                      Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                      Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                      Sponsored Links
                                      Thread Tools

                                      Posting Rules
                                      You may not post new threads
                                      You may not post replies
                                      You may not post attachments
                                      You may not edit your posts

                                      BB code is On
                                      Smilies are On
                                      [IMG] code is On
                                      HTML code is Off

                                      Forum Jump


                                      All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:34 AM.