ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Draconius GO
Closed Thread

Old April 7th, 2011 (3:58 PM).
Trainer
  • Gold Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasher24 View Post
How do i battle my friend on a diff comp/server?
What do you mean? I don't think it's possible.

Relevant Advertising!

Old April 7th, 2011 (11:02 PM). Edited April 7th, 2011 by Prof.David.

In my game I am trying to make it so later on in the game you can pick a starter from another region like in HG/SS but I don't know how.So if it is possible could someone tell me how to?I would prefer to use ruby as a base rom but I will change to fire red if necessary.P.S I am not trying to sound demanding.

Me:Yes....
    Old April 7th, 2011 (11:20 PM).
    Anime Addiction

Nature: Relaxed
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Prof.David View Post
      In my game I am trying to make it so later on in the game you can pick a starter from another region like in HG/SS but I don't know how.So if it is possible could someone tell me how to?I would prefer to use ruby as a base rom but I will change to fire red if necessary.P.S I am not trying to sound demanding.
      You could always just make a script later in the game to give you another starter..
      Or a sidequest or something.

Old April 8th, 2011 (12:17 AM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Cold Rock View Post
        How can I change the starter place?
        I tried to use SMEA but it gaves me an error like: 'Run-time error '339': Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a ile is missing of invalid"
        So, I put this file on System32 but doesnt work :s

Have any other way to change the starter place?

Thank you!
        Since you're probably using Vista or Windows 7 and not XP, here goes:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6555302&postcount=1
        Old April 8th, 2011 (3:59 AM).

Hey, I'm looking for a tool to edit the title screen of Pokemon Yellow. The one with Pikachu, etc. I mean graphics, but a tool to edit the sound would be appreciated, too.
          Also, if someone could gimme a url to a site that has other Yellow tools (one that works, cause nowadays most don't work and if they do, they don't have much stuff).
          Thanks in advance!
          Old April 8th, 2011 (6:54 AM). Edited April 8th, 2011 by Prof.David.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Crimson Stardust View Post

You could always just make a script later in the game to give you another starter..
            Or a sidequest or something.
            You see I want to make it so you meet a professor after you already have a pokemon in a town that allows you to pick one of his 3 pokemon.In my hack you start off in a small village(I am yet to decide the name but I am still only planning the hack)on an island called Uata(pronounced you-at-a but the name will probably be changed soon)and your Dad gives you a zigzagoon and he lets you choose one out of 3 pokemon he caught when he was young for your birthday after that you go on a boat to the mainland(which is called Atovan pronounced at-o-van)and you arrive in a village where professor Alder lives and if you want you can pick one of three(if four is possible I will definitely do four to make it different to other hacks)pokemon and as a test Alder makes you battle his co-worker.That basically somes up the introduction of my game and that is also why I need to allow the player to get another starters from somebody else.

Old April 8th, 2011 (7:57 AM).
            More cowbell~
            • Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by leogrecchi View Post
            Well, somehow it didn't work. Do I need to give the player the Auroraticket with this to work?
            I've even tried (and then restored the backup after) deleting the level scripts from Birth Island, then creating a new level script with a clean "clearflag 0x2FC" (which is the usual flag for Deoxys), and still no results.
            I'm using warps to go to the place, maybe there is the problem (?)

edit: if I use the GS code (4A99A22B 58284D2D), it works smoothly, but not within my warp (and yes, i've toyed a bit with that warp)
            Okay, but if you can't get the in-game event to work without codes, I suggest you script a new one. :3
            Old April 8th, 2011 (8:08 AM).
            Trainer
            • Gold Tier

Just.... when the auroraticket is given a flag is set, and when you go to the port the flag is checked and if it is it takes you to [whateverisle].
            Old April 8th, 2011 (8:09 AM).
            Anime Addiction

Nature: Relaxed
              Quote:
              You see I want to make it so you meet a professor after you already have a pokemon in a town that allows you to pick one of his 3 pokemon.In my hack you start off in a small village(I am yet to decide the name but I am still only planning the hack)on an island called Uata(pronounced you-at-a but the name will probably be changed soon)and your Dad gives you a zigzagoon and he lets you choose one out of 3 pokemon he caught when he was young for your birthday after that you go on a boat to the mainland(which is called Atovan pronounced at-o-van)and you arrive in a village where professor Alder lives and if you want you can pick one of three(if four is possible I will definitely do four to make it different to other hacks)pokemon and as a test Alder makes you battle his co-worker.That basically somes up the introduction of my game and that is also why I need to allow the player to get another starters from somebody else.
              I know, that's what i answer..
              Just make another give Pokemon script then for the prof.
              Just a new script like the one you script for your dad.

Old April 8th, 2011 (8:43 AM). Edited April 8th, 2011 by Prof.David.

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Crimson Stardust View Post

I know, that's what i answer..
                Just make another give Pokemon script then for the prof.
                Just a new script like the one you script for your dad.
                Ok thanks I was guessing something like that but I wanted to make sure because a lot of times in the past I just assumed things like that and I ended up have to restart my whole hack.P.S What is zigzagoon's ID in pokemon Ruby?

Old April 8th, 2011 (8:52 AM).
                ~Legendary Master~

Nature: Adamant
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Complans View Post
                  What do you mean? I don't think it's possible.
                  Ive seen tournament brackets on this site & ive seen ppl do it on youtube, but no tutorial on HOW 2do it.
                  Old April 8th, 2011 (9:10 AM).

IDs are such a pain in the neck.Does anyone know a list of pokemon IDs in Ruby?Because everything else about the givepokemon scripts are really easy but I forget how to find out the IDs of pokemon.

Old April 8th, 2011 (9:23 AM).
                    Trainer
                    • Gold Tier

Quote:
                    IDs are such a pain in the neck.Does anyone know a list of pokemon IDs in Ruby?Because everything else about the givepokemon scripts are really easy but I forget how to find out the IDs of pokemon.
                    Get the national number of the pokemon and convert it to hex.
                    Old April 8th, 2011 (1:44 PM).

Hey,
                      The last few days, I have been looking for a "tool", that can create new events for the game Emerald.
                      More specific: a tool that can create new battles (such as when you normally meet legendary pokemon) and together with AdvanceMap can create people/sprites that can "give" pokemon.

A tool like: PokeTronic!
                      The thing is just. - The only version I have been able to access (version: 0.7) doesn't work for Emerald!!!

Now all I'm asking is. - Does anyone know where I can find an upgraded version of this tool that works for Emerald?
                      Perhaps give a link (that's not outdated!!!)
                      Or upload a RAR file containing such a tool?

It doesn't exactly have to be PokeTronic. - Just a tool that can create legendary pokemon battles for the Emerald version.
                      Old April 8th, 2011 (1:48 PM).
                      Trainer
                      • Gold Tier

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Rayzan View Post
                      Hey,
                      The last few days, I have been looking for a "tool", that can create new events for the game Emerald.
                      More specific: a tool that can create new battles (such as when you normally meet legendary pokemon) and together with AdvanceMap can create people/sprites that can "give" pokemon.

A tool like: PokeTronic!
                      The thing is just. - The only version I have been able to access (version: 0.7) doesn't work for Emerald!!!

Now all I'm asking is. - Does anyone know where I can find an upgraded version of this tool that works for Emerald?
                      Perhaps give a link (that's not outdated!!!)
                      Or upload a RAR file containing such a tool?

It doesn't exactly have to be PokeTronic. - Just a tool that can create legendary pokemon battles for the Emerald version.
                      I am pretty sure there is not a tool that "creates" legendary scripts. You would have to create them manually using flags and wildbattles.
                      Old April 9th, 2011 (2:51 AM).

Quote:
                        I am pretty sure there is not a tool that "creates" legendary scripts. You would have to create them manually using flags and wildbattles.
                        Hmm .. perhaps I wasen't that clear, considering my last post ...

Anyway. What I want to create is "custom legendary pokemon" in Emerald.
                        It works like this: With AdvanceMap you can pick a sprite and place it a random place in the game.
                        Then combined with PokeTronic and FSF (Free Space Finder), you can make this sprite be a said pokemon, that upon talked to -> will fight you (like when normally finding e.g. Zapdos in Leaf Green/Fire Red).

This is what I want to create in Emerald.
                        Thing is just, the PokeTronic I've got is version 0.7 and doesn't work for the Emerald game.
                        Yet I can't seem to find a link to a place where I can get an upgraded version of this program (or any other program that does the same as PokeTronic).

All I can find is outdated links, removed websites and so on.
                        So I'm asking here ... Does anyone have/know a link (that's not outdated) to where I can perhaps get such a program which works for Emerald?
                        Or perhaps have the program and could upload it somewhere for me?
                        Old April 9th, 2011 (4:45 AM). Edited April 9th, 2011 by Complans.
                        Trainer
                        • Gold Tier

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Rayzan View Post
                        Hmm .. perhaps I wasen't that clear, considering my last post ...

Anyway. What I want to create is "custom legendary pokemon" in Emerald.
                        It works like this: With AdvanceMap you can pick a sprite and place it a random place in the game.
                        Then combined with PokeTronic and FSF (Free Space Finder), you can make this sprite be a said pokemon, that upon talked to -> will fight you (like when normally finding e.g. Zapdos in Leaf Green/Fire Red).

This is what I want to create in Emerald.
                        Thing is just, the PokeTronic I've got is version 0.7 and doesn't work for the Emerald game.
                        Yet I can't seem to find a link to a place where I can get an upgraded version of this program (or any other program that does the same as PokeTronic).

All I can find is outdated links, removed websites and so on.
                        So I'm asking here ... Does anyone have/know a link (that's not outdated) to where I can perhaps get such a program which works for Emerald?
                        Or perhaps have the program and could upload it somewhere for me?
                        I have never heard of PokeTronic (except from the EliteMap toolkit IIRC).

I am guessing it is a script editor, and since it hasn't been updated you are better off using XSE, an easier one, which is compatible with all games.

And try this script:

Quote:
                        #dynamic 0x800827

#org @start
                        lock
                        faceplayer
                        msgbox @1 0x6
                        cry 0x17F 0x0
                        wildbattle 0x17F 0x32 0x0
                        fadescreen 0x1
                        fadescreen 0x0
                        hidesprite 0x800F
                        setflag 0x200
                        release
                        end

#org @1
                        = GROUDON: Raaarrgghh!
                        The things you change are the 0x17F in both cry and wildbattle which change, the cry and Pokemon you will hear/battle.
                        Also, the 0x32 in wildbattle is the level of the Pokemon.
                        0x0 would be the item in hex, but if it has no item it is 0x0.
                        Hidesprite is the sprite number on the overworld,
                        You have to set a flag which is the sprite's Person ID in AM.
                        Old April 9th, 2011 (5:53 AM).
                        More cowbell~
                        • Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
                        Quote:
                        If you're using XSE to script, you can type:
                        #include stditems.rbh
                        as the beginning of your scripts if you extracted such file.

Then you don't really have to worry about the pokémon id because when you import that file, you can just use PKMN_[pokémon's name] when you need a Pokémon'd id.

For example, if I wanted a Pikachu, instead of typing:
                        givepokemon 0x19 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0

I could type:
                        givepokemon PKMN_PIKACHU 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0

That should make it a lot easier. :3
                        Old April 9th, 2011 (7:11 AM).

Hey guys I am trying to import some tiles into fire red (specifically the unshadowed normal tree from here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=130755) into pallete 0 (green) but I get this (this is after saving and realoading the ROM):

Old April 9th, 2011 (7:21 AM).
                          Trainer
                          • Gold Tier

Your palette can only have 16 colours. Re-colour the new tiles with ones currently in the palette, or re-colour the whole palette.
                          Old April 9th, 2011 (7:36 AM).

Quote:
                            Your palette can only have 16 colours. Re-colour the new tiles with ones currently in the palette, or re-colour the whole palette.
                            then how do other people use these tiles?
                            Old April 9th, 2011 (7:45 AM).
                            Trainer
                            • Gold Tier

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by CrazyShooter View Post
                            They put totally new tiles in their palettes. It is not a good idea to just use one custom tile.
                            Old April 9th, 2011 (7:52 AM).
                            Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by CrazyShooter View Post
                              Contrary to Complans suggestion, some people recolor the entire pallette to match the new tiles. That way you could use the old, albeit recolored, tiles and the new ones. Although I don't think that the standard Fire Red tiles would look good in Kyleove's pallette, but hey that's just one man's opinion.
                              Old April 9th, 2011 (8:30 AM).
                              ']['he Master of Horror Movies

What is Hidden (Item) ID? And how do I know what to put there?
                                Old April 9th, 2011 (8:57 AM).
                                Trainer
                                • Gold Tier

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Jokuc View Post
                                What is Hidden (Item) ID? And how do I know what to put there?
                                Just leave it the way it is.
                                Closed Thread

Quick Reply