ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread

Old November 7th, 2011 (12:43 AM).

How do I repoint text? I want to try to translate some text in the Geman Ruby Debug ROM.

Relevant Advertising!

Old November 7th, 2011 (1:29 AM).
    Memento Mori
    • Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Krika View Post
    Is it possible to hack the abilities Guts, Marvel Scale, and Intimidate such that they will affect Special stats as well as physical (Guts/Marvel Scale boosting both Physical and Special Attack/Defense, Intimidate lowering Special Attack as well as Attack)?
    The only thing you can do is to change effects of abilities to different effects that are already in ROM.
    I don't think you can exactly hack abilities to make them do different effects then those that are already implemented.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kaith View Post
    Is anyone having trouble with advance trainer? The one by Hackmew. I've been using PET and have been getting really annoyed with it so I tried advance trainer. However, whenever I extract it from the .zip folder, it gets deleted right away.
    Help?
    Make an exception in your anti-virus software or disable it for the time being.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Magius View Post
    How do I repoint text? I want to try to translate some text in the Geman Ruby Debug ROM.
    Debug ROM does not work with A-Text or XSE?

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
    Old November 7th, 2011 (1:44 AM).
    • Gold Tier

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pikachu15396 View Post
    I looked for ROM Resizer in it. no such thing.

When you open your ROM, you should be able to select ROM Resizer.
    Old November 7th, 2011 (10:11 AM).
    No0b, but getting there.

Nature: Bold
      Hey two questions.

You know when you click start, and theres that blue thing at the bottom of the screen. It got gargled so I need to repoint a new one. Where can I find it? (Preferably in UnLZ but offset is fine.)

You know how crys and cleverly attached to pokepics? Well it gets annoying when you do this.

Spoiler:

Is there any way of detaching cries from pokepics, but only for certain slots?

ROM Hacking was getting frustrating for me. I've now stopped productions and writing the game from scratch in HTML 5.

That means it will be playable in the browser, and across multiple devices such as the iPod touch.
      Old November 7th, 2011 (1:21 PM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by EdensElite View Post
        Is there any way of detaching cries from pokepics, but only for certain slots?
        If you can find a program that can alter Pokemon cries, then you can change the dummy Pokemon slots' cries to silent 0-length ones.

Alternatively, if you're using JPAN's engine in that FireRed hack, you can read the instructions for his "Show uncompressed picture" feature.
        Old November 7th, 2011 (2:20 PM).
        Intermediate Digidestined

Back again lol. I can't seem to find any information on how to change the menu text(by menu I mean "Pokedex, Pokemon, bag, etc.) Is it an image or text? And if so where can I find it in Fire Red?
          I'm Epitaph and I plan on releasing the first full-fledged Digimon hack of Pokemon Fire Red. We're getting close to the first release so come check it out in the Progressing hacks, and see how you can help us with the project.
          Old November 7th, 2011 (7:03 PM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Epitaph93 View Post
            Back again lol. I can't seem to find any information on how to change the menu text(by menu I mean "Pokedex, Pokemon, bag, etc.) Is it an image or text? And if so where can I find it in Fire Red?
            It is text.

I don't know where it is in FireRed. The easiest way to find it, I think, would be to do a search through the ROM for "SAVE", using a hex editor. Find that, and write down the offset. Then, search for a pointer to that offset. This is assuming that the pointers for each menu option are stored near each other in a table (which would be optimal scenario, as you could then easily repoint the menu texts as needed).

(As opposed to just searching for "POKeMON" or "POKeDEX", which would give you countless false matches.)
            Old November 7th, 2011 (7:49 PM). Edited November 7th, 2011 by pikachu15396.
            Flygon Seeker

Nature: Timid
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
              When you open your ROM, you should be able to select ROM Resizer.
              I guess i don't have that version. or, i'm stupid - i open my rom (i think) and nothing pops up that says "Rom Resizer" it just stops at "Free Space Finder"

Quote:
              Originally Posted by pikachu15396 View Post
              I guess i don't have that version. or, i'm stupid - i open my rom (i think) and nothing pops up that says "Rom Resizer" it just stops at "Free Space Finder"
              ugh, forget it. i didn't want to play that hack anyways..
              Old November 8th, 2011 (8:56 AM). Edited November 8th, 2011 by pidizz.
              ludicolo Will defeat anything!

Nature: Relaxed
                Seriously guys, i need help with my title screen.
                I'm hacking ruby and first when i import my final product to unzl gba it says image not indexed then i index it and it gets messed up in game, i've been trying for days and i need help, please ?

OK so this is what i wanted (in black n white):

titlescreen.png

And this is what i got in game:

titlescreeningame.PNG
                And as you can see i didn't want any bubbles to show but theres small black dots floating, and i wanted the outlines on the sprite to glow like it does on groudon..
                And the palletes are wrong too
                Would appreciate some help here
                Thanks.
                Old November 8th, 2011 (1:36 PM).
                Let's Keep It Simple

Nature: Lonely
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by pidizz View Post
                  Seriously guys, i need help with my title screen.
                  I'm hacking ruby and first when i import my final product to unzl gba it says image not indexed then i index it and it gets messed up in game, i've been trying for days and i need help, please ?

OK so this is what i wanted (in black n white):

Attachment 62504

And this is what i got in game:

Attachment 62505
                  And as you can see i didn't want any bubbles to show but theres small black dots floating, and i wanted the outlines on the sprite to glow like it does on groudon..
                  And the palletes are wrong too
                  Would appreciate some help here
                  Thanks.
                  I don't know if i can really help here you because i never hacked a ruby TS but imma try :3
                  First off as much info you gave it seems to me that you didn't import a new raw file means you just inserted the new picture.
                  And you didn't use APE to hack the pallete
                  Also i would suguest using a tutorial if you aren't using one like this one:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qEygDQfBiE
                  And you should look up a tutorial how to index a picture right because it seems to me like you made somehting there wrong too
                  use this one for example
                  http://www.metacafe.com/watch/4279900/how_to_index_and_insert_a_sprite_into_pkmn_fire_red_rom/
                  hope i was able to help you a little bit...or hope i showed you the road of how to do it xDD
                  Old November 8th, 2011 (2:15 PM). Edited November 8th, 2011 by Epitaph93.

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by DavidJCobb View Post
                    It is text.

I don't know where it is in FireRed. The easiest way to find it, I think, would be to do a search through the ROM for "SAVE", using a hex editor. Find that, and write down the offset. Then, search for a pointer to that offset. This is assuming that the pointers for each menu option are stored near each other in a table (which would be optimal scenario, as you could then easily repoint the menu texts as needed).

(As opposed to just searching for "POKeMON" or "POKeDEX", which would give you countless false matches.)
                    Okay I found it using your method, and like you said they were all grouped together around 416180. The only problem is that I can't find "Pokemon" anywhere in this area. Any idea where it might be? I'll keep manually searching.

EDIT: Never mind lol. I found it a little ways up. I was searching all over the place then finally started searching close to the text lol. Thanks for your help.
                    I'm Epitaph and I plan on releasing the first full-fledged Digimon hack of Pokemon Fire Red. We're getting close to the first release so come check it out in the Progressing hacks, and see how you can help us with the project.
                    Old November 9th, 2011 (12:48 PM).
                    ludicolo Will defeat anything!

Thanks anbujas_bloody for the help, even though it didn't work i really appreciate it.
                      Maybe i should stick to fire red since i've made my titlescreen on it.
                      But anyway thanks again for the help and tutorials !
                      Old November 9th, 2011 (3:42 PM).

Nature: Quiet
                        hi im here again, with yet another sprite inserting question. im inserting sprites with advance pokemon sprite editor and after i resize and fix a "bigger" sprite and try to insert it, then the sprite gets all screwed up and only certain parts of the sprite show up.
                        how do i fix this? and how did it happen so it doesnt happen agian?
                        thnks!
                        Old November 9th, 2011 (6:56 PM).

Okay, so I'm super OCD and in my Ruby game, I play my Elite Four with a special Pokemon order so that it registers in the Hall of Fame with the exact same order on all of my tries.

I stopped playing on my emulator for a couple of months and came back - and I beat Steven with two Pokemon switched.

Can anyone point me to the RAM offset where I could switch the two Pokemon in my 8th Hall of Fame? Or better yet, is anyone willing to do it themselves (saving the pain of explaining to me what to do)?

Thanks if you can help :-) !
                          Old November 9th, 2011 (7:53 PM). Edited November 9th, 2011 by Jay the penguin.

How do you hack the title screen.. I did search aroud and try it but I still can't get it right

Okay back again... I cant seem to find out how to give the hero the national pokedex.. Does anyone know how?

My Hack!
                            Visit the thread!
                            Old November 10th, 2011 (7:17 AM). Edited November 10th, 2011 by Rasenshurikenbum.
                            ASM is very cool!

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by jojo1250 View Post
                              hi im here again, with yet another sprite inserting question. im inserting sprites with advance pokemon sprite editor and after i resize and fix a "bigger" sprite and try to insert it, then the sprite gets all screwed up and only certain parts of the sprite show up.
                              how do i fix this? and how did it happen so it doesnt happen agian?
                              thnks!
                              Could you make a screenshot and upload it on imageshack?
                              Of course make the link censored cause you don't have 15 post yet...

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Jay the penguin View Post
                              How do you hack the title screen.. I did search aroud and try it but I still can't get it right

Okay back again... I cant seem to find out how to give the hero the national pokedex.. Does anyone know how?

1. Title screen... ruby, fire red? PLEASE always write the version
                              2. You have to write a script (the best would be in XSE cause you can simultaneously compile it). If you don't know how to do it then find kind of "HUGE XSE TUTORIAL". There's everything you need to write the script (with national pokedex special command too)
                              Old November 10th, 2011 (9:40 AM).
                              Ask me about Trailblazer :3

Nature: Naive
                                This is going to sound super noobish but...
                                I'm using Advance Text, and didn't see the Gym sign for Vermilion. I also can't open its script through Advance Map. How to I search for it in PKSV, since that seems to be the only thing I can do?
                                Old November 10th, 2011 (11:27 AM).
                                ASM is very cool!

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Ivee View Post
                                  I'm using Advance Text, and didn't see the Gym sign for Vermilion. I also can't open its script through Advance Map. How to I search for it in PKSV, since that seems to be the only thing I can do?
                                  Try to find it in hex editor, like Thingy32. Of course you need table with characters. You can make your own in program called TaBuLar (character set here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=189143 in attached files below). Then open Thingy32 and TWICE open the table (tbl) file. Then press s for search and write your text you want to edit. If it doesn't work try to do it in another hex editor like Hex Workshop.
                                  Old November 10th, 2011 (12:45 PM). Edited November 10th, 2011 by jojo1250.

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Rasenshurikenbum View Post
                                    I will post an image the next post i make, im at 14 posts at the moment
                                    Old November 10th, 2011 (1:18 PM).

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Ivee View Post
                                      Use AdvanceMap to find the Signpost Event for the Gym sign, and then copy down its offset. Use PKSV or XSE to decompile the script at that offset. Inside the script, there should be another offset pointing to the location of the text.
                                      Old November 10th, 2011 (3:11 PM).

is any tools for hacking the dialogue in any mystery dungeon game? I know of the starter hack and that weird one by grovyle91 but is there anything else?
                                        Old November 11th, 2011 (4:20 AM).

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Rasenshurikenbum View Post
                                          heres the image bare in mind its a test doodle, not the actual sprite.
                                          http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/404/76339053.png/
                                          Old November 11th, 2011 (9:12 AM).

I'm looking for some sort of fusion script. I was looking around on the site for some sort of custom script, but never found anything. Then I started looking for a hack that instilled a fusion system. I have yet to find one that's even in beta, as it seems most of them were abandoned over a year ago. Can anyone point me in the right direction? If I don't get this script then my DIGIMON don't get to DNA Digivolve
                                            Old November 11th, 2011 (5:15 PM).
                                            Jay the penguin Jay the penguin is offline

How could you allow the hero to run inside?
                                              could you explain on it and how to do it

My Hack!
                                              Visit the thread!
                                              Old November 11th, 2011 (5:39 PM).
                                              Everyone currently in an argument with this member: I really suggest you stop.
                                              • Gold Tier

Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Jay the penguin View Post
                                              How could you allow the hero to run inside?
                                              could you explain on it and how to do it
                                              If you are using FR/LG, change the "Show name on entering" to 02

If you are using R/S/E, change the "Show name on entering" to 0F, and change the Type to Secret Base.

Quick Reply