ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Draconius GO
Closed Thread

Old December 13th, 2011 (4:10 AM).

Actually i dunnoe i did post my question in right place...
    Erm,may i know how to change Moves description in Pokemon Emerald?
    and any tools is needed?
    seems last time i convert the text to hex and search it with ultraedit, but seems din't found...

Relevant Advertising!

Old December 13th, 2011 (5:06 AM).

I know how to make sprites move around during "cutscenes," but is there a way to make one instantly travel around the screen? The start of my plot heavily involves a wild Abra that I want to have warp around the screen during certain times in "cutscenes." Is there a way to have the sprite teleport from one place to another without using flags?
      Old December 13th, 2011 (8:11 AM).
      No0b, but getting there.

Nature: Bold
        When I'm in a city, the world map says I'm somewhere else. How do I solve this?

ROM Hacking was getting frustrating for me. I've now stopped productions and writing the game from scratch in HTML 5.

That means it will be playable in the browser, and across multiple devices such as the iPod touch.
        Old December 13th, 2011 (8:36 AM).
        Intermediate Digidestined

Nature: Calm
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by movieguy12 View Post
          BLAAAAAAAh

im following the steps of everyones tutorials ive watched videos...

im trying to index snivy, i used the color (light blue) in paint for the background.

as far as im aware of it all worked untill i imported it into advance sprite editor,the blue background is still there and i have the 2 ?? in front of my image of snivy....so i clearly didnt do something right...and when i push "syncronize pallete" i get a error and it says i can continue but it may not work or quit" ugh what am i doing wrong ...

can someone just send me a pic of a indexed snivy lol im tired of messing up and not knowing what im doing wrong...
          Your image has a color depth that's too large. In Irfanview go to Image>Decrease Color Depth>16 colors(4bpp)>OK.

They should sync just fine now; however if the images look strange when you sync them, copy and paste both into the same picture in Paint. Save it as whatever you would like. Decrease color depth in Irfanview, then save the two as different images.

P.S. you don't have to worry about fully indexing the sprite. As long as the backgroud is a different color from all the other colors of the sprite, the sprite editor will automatically index it for you. Just to make life a little easier for you
          I'm Epitaph and I plan on releasing the first full-fledged Digimon hack of Pokemon Fire Red. We're getting close to the first release so come check it out in the Progressing hacks, and see how you can help us with the project.
          Old December 13th, 2011 (8:41 AM).
          No0b, but getting there.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Epitaph93 View Post
            Your image has a color depth that's too large. In Irfanview go to Image>Decrease Color Depth>16 colors(4bpp)>OK.

They should sync just fine now; however if the images look strange when you sync them, copy and paste both into the same picture in Paint. Save it as whatever you would like. Decrease color depth in Irfanview, then save the two as different images.

P.S. you don't have to worry about fully indexing the sprite. As long as the backgroud is a different color from all the other colors of the sprite, the sprite editor will automatically index it for you. Just to make life a little easier for you
            http://edenselite.deviantart.com/gallery/33720706#/d4bctnn

Just crop them to the right size and use the Advanced Series to insert.

ROM Hacking was getting frustrating for me. I've now stopped productions and writing the game from scratch in HTML 5.

That means it will be playable in the browser, and across multiple devices such as the iPod touch.
            Old December 13th, 2011 (9:02 AM).

Hello
              I just started at world rom hack and I have started to make a rom hack of Pokemon Gold The mapping goes well, the problem is in making connections. I am working with MegaMap and the problem is when I have connections to introduce another map. I do not understand the meaning of these data.

I appreciate any help.

Thank you.

PS: I hope that is not the question raised earlier. If so, I apologize but I have not been able to find it.
              Old December 13th, 2011 (10:46 AM).
              ASM is very cool!

Nature: Relaxed
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by ebermudez View Post
                Hello
                I just started at world rom hack and I have started to make a rom hack of Pokemon Gold The mapping goes well, the problem is in making connections. I am working with MegaMap and the problem is when I have connections to introduce another map. I do not understand the meaning of these data.

I appreciate any help.

Thank you.

PS: I hope that is not the question raised earlier. If so, I apologize but I have not been able to find it.
                I prefer using Advance Map 1.92 and 1.95 BETA
                Old December 13th, 2011 (11:55 AM). Edited December 13th, 2011 by ebermudez.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Rasenshurikenbum View Post
                  I prefer using Advance Map 1.92 and 1.95 BETA
                  but Advance Map 1.92 not works with GBC roms. :$
                  Old December 13th, 2011 (1:57 PM). Edited December 14th, 2011 by DrFuji.
                  Heiki Hecchara‌‌
                  • Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by The Fanciful Cerberus View Post
                  I know how to make sprites move around during "cutscenes," but is there a way to make one instantly travel around the screen? The start of my plot heavily involves a wild Abra that I want to have warp around the screen during certain times in "cutscenes." Is there a way to have the sprite teleport from one place to another without using flags?
                  Use the command 'movesprite' as it will move a sprite on the map to a new position instantaneously. It will stay in that position until you walk away far enough that it goes offscreen, when it will return to it's original position on the map. The command has this structure in XSE:

Code:
                  movesprite 0x[Person Event No.] 0x[New X-coordinate] 0x[New Y-coordinate]
                  If you want it to stay where it is until you leave the actual map itself, use the command 'movesprite2' which has the same structure as the first movesprite command. Finally, if you want the OW to stay in its new position permanently you should set a flag/ variable in the script, make a level script that checks for the flag/ variable and then uses movesprite2.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by EdensElite View Post
                  When I'm in a city, the world map says I'm somewhere else. How do I solve this?
                  In the world map editor there are two boxes labeled 'Pos X/Y' underneath the name of map you're currently looking at. These coordinates determine where you show up on the world map when you look at it and aren't automatically change when you place town/ city/ route in a new position on the map. Getting the new coordinates that should be input into the X/Y boxes is simple: Click your town's new position on the big map on the left and look underneath it, copy those X and Y values to the boxes and save the data. When you're working on a route try to get the position that is closest to the centre of it, since you can only assign on X/Y value per map folder.
                  Old December 14th, 2011 (3:59 PM). Edited December 15th, 2011 by The Fanciful Cerberus.

Hmm. I've having a very strange error. I changed Abra's movement type to Hidden (0C) and when I turned the game on he was still looking around. After going down the stairs and coming back up I was brought back to the title screen. I've confirmed that changing his movement type is the cause of this as I had a previous back-up and tried both with and without his movement type set this way. I'm not changing anything else. I'm honestly pretty baffled as to how or why this is happening. I just wanted Abra to be invisible until I triggered a script, though it is kind of amusing that I somehow changed my warp point to take me to the title screen. I'm using Fire Red (with all of the event scripts removed) and advance map 1.95.
                    Old December 14th, 2011 (4:34 PM).

Hi, I'm currently helping with a little ROM hack of my own, and I seem to have reached some troubles. Adding in the frontsprite for a Pokemon works all fine and dandy, yet whenever I add the backsprite the game freezes up.

If somebody could link me to a thread about adding backsprites, that would be appreciated. I can't seem to find the search function on this forum, and the tutorial that I'm using doesn't seem to have a troubleshooting section or anything like that.

Sorry for any inconvenience. I'd imagine that you'd get a lot of people asking for help in this section of the forum.
                      Old December 14th, 2011 (7:15 PM).

Could some on help me??
                        I'm trying to make a legendary battle.
                        here is the script I used:
                        #org $start
                        lock
                        faceplayer
                        cry 0xA1 6
                        #raw 0x33
                        pause 0x30
                        message $cry

$cry 1 =Chari-zasdfghjjgfsd!!
                        boxset 6
                        wildbattle 6 30 0x00
                        pause 0x60
                        fadescreen 0
                        removesprite 0x800f
                        setflag 0x1211
                        release
                        end

heres the problem
                        after I fight/Catch the pokemon (Charizard in my case)
                        it goes back to where I was before the battle and a red selection box thingy goes up in the
                        corner and the letters Z and N appears of the OW charizard.It won't let me move
                        until I click A then it plays a sound Like I selected something plays.

if you walk away from th OW the musc gets REALLY soft and one of the people
                        walking around the town has a chunk missing from his head.
                        I can rebattle it as much as I want and it won't go away.
                        I have a video I could show you if you want.
                        But anyway, can anyine help me??
                        Old December 14th, 2011 (8:02 PM).

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by dragonluver449 View Post
                          Could some on help me??
                          I'm trying to make a legendary battle.
                          here is the script I used:
                          #org $start
                          lock
                          faceplayer
                          cry 0xA1 6
                          #raw 0x33
                          pause 0x30
                          message $cry

$cry 1 =Chari-zasdfghjjgfsd!!
                          boxset 6
                          wildbattle 6 30 0x00
                          pause 0x60
                          fadescreen 0
                          removesprite 0x800f
                          setflag 0x1211
                          release
                          end

heres the problem
                          after I fight/Catch the pokemon (Charizard in my case)
                          it goes back to where I was before the battle and a red selection box thingy goes up in the
                          corner and the letters Z and N appears of the OW charizard.It won't let me move
                          until I click A then it plays a sound Like I selected something plays.

if you walk away from th OW the musc gets REALLY soft and one of the people
                          walking around the town has a chunk missing from his head.
                          I can rebattle it as much as I want and it won't go away.
                          I have a video I could show you if you want.
                          But anyway, can anyine help me??
                          This question really belongs in the Script Help thread.

But in answer to your question:
                          Have you tried viewing the script in A-Map? Use XSE to double check the script is in working order when you place your offset into A-Map. Unfortunately, you can't use Pokescript as a script viewer because you don't write scripts in Pokescript.

Is the legendary's sprite number 0x800f?
                          And are you sure setflag 0x1211 hasn't been used before?
                          You might also want to use waitstate after the wildbattle.
                          Also, don't leave any gaps in your script, you have one in the middle of message $cry and the message script.

Old December 15th, 2011 (7:46 AM).
                          The Fanciful Cerberus The Fanciful Cerberus is offline

How would I make a script run immediately after Oak's introduction, like in Black and White when the part with Cheren and Bianca happens before you get control of your character? Also, where is the data for the coordinates you start at stored? I want to change the location the hero character starts at on the map. I'm sure this has been asked at some point, but maybe I'm using the wrong keywords in my search.
                            Old December 15th, 2011 (7:56 AM).
                            No0b, but getting there.

Quote:
                              How would I make a script run immediately after Oak's introduction, like in Black and White when the part with Cheren and Bianca happens before you get control of your character? Also, where is the data for the coordinates you start at stored? I want to change the location the hero character starts at on the map. I'm sure this has been asked at some point, but maybe I'm using the wrong keywords in my search.
                              I believe there is a program for editing where you start, I'm not sure of the name though, sorry.

If you want a script to start straight after Oak's Speech, then add it on to Oak's Speech script.

Old December 15th, 2011 (8:16 AM).
                              The Fanciful Cerberus The Fanciful Cerberus is offline

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by EdensElite View Post
                                I believe there is a program for editing where you start, I'm not sure of the name though, sorry.

If you want a script to start straight after Oak's Speech, then add it on to Oak's Speech script.
                                Do you know what offset his speech is at?
                                Old December 15th, 2011 (11:38 AM). Edited December 15th, 2011 by Nate VonGrimm.

Quote:
                                  You would need to create a Level script.
                                  A level script activates when the player enter's a map. So in this case, you need one if you want some action to happen before you start playing.

Also, there is a program out there that can change your starting location but I cannot remember what it is called. Look though the Toolbox Forum. Should be there somewhere.

Old December 15th, 2011 (12:37 PM).

First of all I would like to clarify that my question has already been resolved. (At least in part). I finally managed to understand a tutorial I've seen in the forum section.
                                    A greeting.
                                    Old December 15th, 2011 (1:29 PM).

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Quilava's Master View Post
                                      Okay, I'm looking for some help over here. It seems like nobody uses the Season Editor casue they don't know how. Well I implemented it [with relative success] and will post a tutorial soon but I've run into an error. First off: The seasons don't change in December. Idky. Secondly: At first everything is fine, however during the winter when I enter a menu [Bag/Trainer Card/Pokedex etc] the palettes/tiles get all screwy until I enter a house/building. Any advice?

This is what I mean. The left is what it's supposed to look like, the right is what it looks like after opening a menu or engaging in a wild battle.
                                      I'm afraid this could be an issue with the Day, Night and Seasons patch itself. I'm not a 'big' user on DNS as of yet because I do not fully trust it works 100%.
                                      I am assuming the tiles go all weird because the tiles haven't been added into the game itself. I'm guessing you would have to take snowy tiles and insert them into A-Map and make them part of the game.

I am just guessing as I haven't really tested DNS properly yet. If I find out more for you, I shall let you know.

Old December 15th, 2011 (3:55 PM).
                                      has left

Nature: Brave
                                        when I try to compile a script in XSE it gives me this message
                                        Spoiler:
                                        Unknown command "end" at line 5

When I delete that command and try to compile it, it gives me another message
                                        Spoiler:
                                        Unknown command "release" at line 4

does anyone know whats wrong?
                                        Old December 15th, 2011 (4:01 PM).
                                        Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by AustinWolff View Post
                                          Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Did you try restarting XSE? Sometimes I get a similar problem (but usually with random letters), and restarting XSE usually helps.
                                          Old December 15th, 2011 (4:04 PM).
                                          Heiki Hecchara‌‌
                                          • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                                          Spoiler:

Spoiler:

It sounds like your copy of XSE is glitched since it doesn't even recognise two the most basic of commands. Try to download it again from another source if possible.
                                          Old December 15th, 2011 (4:11 PM).
                                          has left

Nature: Brave
                                            thanks guys. I will probabaly just redownload it from hackmews page. I also have a script question. In my script my setvar is 0x6000 0x1. for the Amap var value, what would I put into there? would in be 6000?
                                            Old December 15th, 2011 (4:33 PM).
                                            Heiki Hecchara‌‌
                                            • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                                            thanks guys. I will probabaly just redownload it from hackmews page. I also have a script question. In my script my setvar is 0x6000 0x1. for the Amap var value, what would I put into there? would in be 6000?
                                            If you don't want the script to be repeated when you step on the tile again, put 0 in the variable value box (assuming you haven't changed this variable beforehand) and 6000 in the variable number box. The variable number and value boxes work with each other to determine when to run your script. If the variable's in-game value is equal to what is in the value box, then the script will be performed, if not it will be skipped. Since you're setting 0x6000 to 0x1 during your script, then next time you go over the script again the value will have changed from 0x0 allowing you to bypass it.
                                            Old December 15th, 2011 (4:36 PM).

This probably sounds pretty stupid, but is their a way to preview the game without playing it on VBA? Because I don't want to go through the whole game to get to an ending part.
                                              Closed Thread

Quick Reply