ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #20301    
Old January 5th, 2012 (9:07 PM).
MissDigitalis's Avatar
MissDigitalis MissDigitalis is offline
     
    Join Date: Dec 2011
    Gender: Female
    Posts: 115
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
    If you're using Firered, there's a Pokemon checker special. The code would work like this:
    Code:
    ...
    setvar 0x8004 POKEMON_TO_SEARCH_FOR'S_HEX_NUMBER
    special2 LASTRESULT 0x17C
    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
    if 0x1 goto @event
    ...
    If you're using Ruby, I don't know of anything that'd work.



    As far as I can tell, you're limited to just five colors: White, Light gray, medium gray, dark gray, and black. After some sleuthing, I found the pallate at 0x3CD2C2, which you can edit with Advance Pallate Editor (found on the same page as Overworld Editor Rebirth Edition from my earlier answer). Of course, make sure you MAKE A BACKUP BEFOREHAND.

    Edit: The pallate could be at either 0x3CD2C2 or 0x3CD2E2. They're identical, so if one doesnt work, try the other.
    Oh ok.

    I should've thought of using APE. XD


    But I have much bigger problem on my hands now. My game freezes every time my Pokemon try to evolve. :c



    I have no idea why it's happening.
    __________________


    Relevant Advertising!

      #20302    
    Old January 5th, 2012 (9:58 PM). Edited January 6th, 2012 by redriders180.
    redriders180's Avatar
    redriders180 redriders180 is offline
    Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
       
      Join Date: Jun 2010
      Location: Path of Victory, Tunod
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Quirky
      Posts: 540
      Send a message via AIM to redriders180
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by MissDigitalis View Post
      Oh ok.

      I should've thought of using APE. XD


      But I have much bigger problem on my hands now. My game freezes every time my Pokemon try to evolve. :c



      I have no idea why it's happening.
      Surprisingly enough, that's happened to me before. The only thing to do is to restart from a backup point, or restart completely. Just try every backup and see if you can evolve or not.
      __________________


      I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.


        #20303    
      Old January 5th, 2012 (11:10 PM).
      MsAllyJacqui's Avatar
      MsAllyJacqui MsAllyJacqui is offline
      I'm different.
         
        Join Date: Jan 2012
        Location: Down Under
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Quirky
        Posts: 7
        Okay, I'm a complete noob with XSE (I only got it today ') And I'm having so many problems, that I want to rip my hair out.
        I've read multiple tutorials about XSE, and after about half an hour I figured out how to compile. And... that's as far as I got. I put the offset to a npc, and tried to talk to them - and nothing. It didn't even make the click sound.
        I think this belongs here, rather then the script help thread - since I've tried multiple pre-made scripts and it still hasn't worked.
        Is there something I'm missing? As I said, I only got XSE today so I'm completely new to it.
          #20304    
        Old January 5th, 2012 (11:16 PM).
        Binary's Avatar
        Binary Binary is offline
        え?
           
          Join Date: Aug 2007
          Age: 22
          Posts: 3,993
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by MsAllyJacqui View Post
          Okay, I'm a complete noob with XSE (I only got it today ^^') And I'm having so many problems, that I want to rip my hair out.
          I've read multiple tutorials about XSE, and after about half an hour I figured out how to compile. And... that's as far as I got. I put the offset to a npc, and tried to talk to them - and nothing. It didn't even make the click sound.
          I think this belongs here, rather then the script help thread - since I've tried multiple pre-made scripts and it still hasn't worked.
          Is there something I'm missing? As I said, I only got XSE today so I'm completely new to it.
          I don't think any of us learned how to script in one day, so there's nothing to be really frustrated about. Learning how to script comes from trial and error, and experimentation. So I suggest that you don't let your hopes down. As for scripting tutorials, I'd suggest you read the in-built XSE Guide which I think, covers a lot of stuff. You could also read diegoisawesome's scripting tutorial. Good luck. C:
          __________________
            #20305    
          Old January 5th, 2012 (11:30 PM).
          MsAllyJacqui's Avatar
          MsAllyJacqui MsAllyJacqui is offline
          I'm different.
             
            Join Date: Jan 2012
            Location: Down Under
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Quirky
            Posts: 7
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Binary View Post

            I don't think any of us learned how to script in one day, so there's nothing to be really frustrated about. Learning how to script comes from trial and error, and experimentation. So I suggest that you don't let your hopes down. As for scripting tutorials, I'd suggest you read the in-built XSE Guide which I think, covers a lot of stuff. You could also read diegoisawesome's scripting tutorial. Good luck. C:
            I discovered my problem. For whatever reason, if I place a new npc is my starter town it won't work. If I place it in any other map, its fine.
            (So me almost raging at XSE was all pointless. yay. :D)
              #20306    
            Old January 6th, 2012 (5:07 AM).
            MissDigitalis's Avatar
            MissDigitalis MissDigitalis is offline
               
              Join Date: Dec 2011
              Gender: Female
              Posts: 115
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
              Surprisingly enough, that's happened to me before. The only thing to do is to restart from a backup point, or restart completely. Just try every backup and see if you can evolve or not.
              I had to back up all the way to the beginning. Ah well. It was easy enough to copy over my progress to the new game. I think looking back I messed up when I looked at myself on the A-trainer program.
              __________________

                #20307    
              Old January 6th, 2012 (5:31 PM).
              AustinWolff's Avatar
              AustinWolff AustinWolff is offline
              has left
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2011
                Location: LA, California
                Age: 19
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Brave
                Posts: 100
                I am making an OW of one of the main characters, but I have a problem:

                Spoiler:
                The person (lets name him Jo) has a different colored hand on his right side then his left. but before I made the OW, I realized when editing that when you edit the person standing left, it is the same OW used when he is standing right. however since 2 sides are different, how would I go about editing/uploading the sprite? an example of what I'm talking about is below. in the attachments.
                __________________
                I have left. Feel free to disable my account.
                  #20308    
                Old January 7th, 2012 (8:03 AM).
                Squibbid's Avatar
                Squibbid Squibbid is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Mar 2010
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Calm
                  Posts: 9
                  This is my first time making a FireRed ROM hack (and ROM hacks in general, actually), and I have a problem I can't seem to fix:

                  (Using AdvanceMap, by the way)

                  I created a new map and inserted it just fine (it's a cave). I then went ahead and created warps so that I can get in and out. Now, my problem: I can get in the cave perfectly fine. I can't, however, get out. I don't know what to do; it's been bugging me for 2 days now. What would I need to do to fix that?
                    #20309    
                  Old January 7th, 2012 (9:00 AM).
                  redriders180's Avatar
                  redriders180 redriders180 is offline
                  Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
                     
                    Join Date: Jun 2010
                    Location: Path of Victory, Tunod
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Quirky
                    Posts: 540
                    Send a message via AIM to redriders180
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Squibbid View Post
                    This is my first time making a FireRed ROM hack (and ROM hacks in general, actually), and I have a problem I can't seem to fix:

                    (Using AdvanceMap, by the way)

                    I created a new map and inserted it just fine (it's a cave). I then went ahead and created warps so that I can get in and out. Now, my problem: I can get in the cave perfectly fine. I can't, however, get out. I don't know what to do; it's been bugging me for 2 days now. What would I need to do to fix that?
                    Did you create warps inside the cave? Also, in caves, there's usually a specific tile that looks exactly like a normal ground tile, which displays the pointing-down-arrow. Make sure you put this wherever there's a spot a cave should be entered/exited
                    __________________


                    I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.


                      #20310    
                    Old January 7th, 2012 (9:58 AM).
                    denash1 denash1 is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Jan 2012
                      Location: United Kingdom
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Relaxed
                      Posts: 25
                      Hello,

                      I have learnt a lot through the tutorials on the site. I learnt how to use advance trainer, change what Pokemon appear where in the wild, edit Pokemon trains are holding as well as their attacks, but also how to edit how/when Pokemon evolve as well as their move sets.

                      One of the few things i would like to learn now is how to edit the routes in Pokemon and how to make wild Pokemon appear there, because everything i try to change something in places the game will just not work anymore or it does corrupt some in-game events which have to occur.

                      I looked at a thread on how to change the maps in pokemon firered, but when i try it i gives me white screen and the games does not load.

                      Any help is appreciated thanks very much for reading. When i am done with the maps i would love to release a first beta of the changes i have done.
                        #20311    
                      Old January 7th, 2012 (1:48 PM).
                      masterquestmq's Avatar
                      masterquestmq masterquestmq is offline
                      Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
                         
                        Join Date: Nov 2010
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 125
                        I found that someone did research on used flags in fire red. but after hours of searching for it again cant seem to find it.

                        working with JPAN's engine

                        I knw the special flags are in the 0x800 region

                        wheres a safe place to add new flags

                        so far ive been using 0x200 n move up by 1 for every new event.

                        just out of curiosity which offset do u guys use?
                          #20312    
                        Old January 7th, 2012 (2:19 PM).
                        redriders180's Avatar
                        redriders180 redriders180 is offline
                        Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
                           
                          Join Date: Jun 2010
                          Location: Path of Victory, Tunod
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Quirky
                          Posts: 540
                          Send a message via AIM to redriders180
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by masterquestmq View Post
                          I found that someone did research on used flags in fire red. but after hours of searching for it again cant seem to find it.

                          working with JPAN's engine

                          I knw the special flags are in the 0x800 region

                          wheres a safe place to add new flags

                          so far ive been using 0x200 n move up by 1 for every new event.

                          just out of curiosity which offset do u guys use?
                          I started at flag 0x28, and add one for each new event. Flag 0x28 is the first flag I found that isn't related to Rock Smash rocks/Cut trees/Strength boulders in the original Firered. Since I'm not using any events from Firered, I can proceed normally. Some flags you should not use. Flag 0x266 is one of these flags (it gets set when the player has an egg in the Daycare). Just make sure to do research.

                          Edit: Many flags are also auto-set by the game. For a full list, look here
                          __________________


                          I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.


                            #20313    
                          Old January 7th, 2012 (2:34 PM).
                          Rainbow's Avatar
                          Rainbow Rainbow is online now
                          i never want to leave this sunset town
                          • Moderator
                          • Platinum Tier
                          • PokéCommunity Daily
                          • Discord Moderoid
                          • Developer
                           
                          Join Date: May 2010
                          Location: The Medium
                          Age: 18
                          Gender: Female
                          Nature: Quirky
                          Posts: 4,961
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
                          Does anyone know a good tutorial for inserting battle bases and backgrounds? Thanks. :D
                          http://pkmnhackersonline.com/romhacking/10/Battle%20Backgrounds
                            #20314    
                          Old January 7th, 2012 (5:50 PM).
                          MissDigitalis's Avatar
                          MissDigitalis MissDigitalis is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Dec 2011
                            Gender: Female
                            Posts: 115
                            What's the unlz number for the back sprites of the trainers?
                            __________________

                              #20315    
                            Old January 7th, 2012 (6:04 PM).
                            Speedster's Avatar
                            Speedster Speedster is offline
                            The Unknown
                               
                              Join Date: Dec 2011
                              Location: In the depths of space...
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Jolly
                              Posts: 134
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by MissDigitalis View Post
                              What's the unlz number for the back sprites of the trainers?
                              I'm not sure what the number is but I can say it is a lot easier to edit it with NSE and its bookmarks which are easily accessible.
                              __________________

                              .:Aegis:.
                              ~coming soon~
                                #20316    
                              Old January 7th, 2012 (6:10 PM).
                              Darthatron's Avatar
                              Darthatron Darthatron is offline
                              巨大なトロール。
                              • Silver Tier
                               
                              Join Date: Jan 2006
                              Location: Melbourne, Australia
                              Age: 25
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Modest
                              Posts: 1,152
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by MissDigitalis View Post
                              What's the unlz number for the back sprites of the trainers?
                              Please be more specific. What game? They aren't compressed in FR/LG.
                              __________________
                              あなた は しきしゃ です
                              わたし は ばか です
                                #20317    
                              Old January 8th, 2012 (5:46 AM).
                              MissDigitalis's Avatar
                              MissDigitalis MissDigitalis is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Dec 2011
                                Gender: Female
                                Posts: 115
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Darthatron View Post
                                Please be more specific. What game? They aren't compressed in FR/LG.
                                I'm editing Fire Red.

                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Speedster View Post
                                I'm not sure what the number is but I can say it is a lot easier to edit it with NSE and its bookmarks which are easily accessible.

                                How is it accessible at all?

                                The only thing I can seem to edit with it is the minisprites.
                                __________________

                                  #20318    
                                Old January 8th, 2012 (5:48 AM).
                                Darthatron's Avatar
                                Darthatron Darthatron is offline
                                巨大なトロール。
                                • Silver Tier
                                 
                                Join Date: Jan 2006
                                Location: Melbourne, Australia
                                Age: 25
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Modest
                                Posts: 1,152
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by MissDigitalis View Post
                                I'm editing Fire Red.
                                Then use NSE. It should have bookmarks allowing you to edit them with relative ease. You can find it in the Toolbox.
                                __________________
                                あなた は しきしゃ です
                                わたし は ばか です
                                  #20319    
                                Old January 8th, 2012 (9:58 AM).
                                miksy91's Avatar
                                miksy91 miksy91 is offline
                                Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
                                   
                                  Join Date: Oct 2008
                                  Location: A small country in the North
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Relaxed
                                  Posts: 1,435
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by HookedOnAnAnchor View Post
                                  I am currently hacking a Pokemon Blue ROM, and back when I started (early 2011) I noticed that the opening theme with Snorlax and Jigglypuff was glitched up.



                                  When Jigglypuff headbutts,
                                  it instead decide to fly around the screen
                                  (and off screen) for a while,
                                  then then title screen is finally shown.



                                  I didn't care at the time because you can simply skip the intro before it glitches up. Now since I have more knowledge of Pokemon ROM hacking and hex editing, I wanted to find out how to fix this glitch. All I'm asking is for the area in the data that I can look up in a hex editor where the opening takes place. Thanks.
                                  If you've been keeping backups, you can check which version has the glitch and which one doesn't. After that, make an ips patch that can be used into the non-glitchy rom to make that one glitchy.
                                  Then, open the ips patch with a hex editor and you can check where in rom area the patch is used to modify bytes.


                                  If you don't have backups, your best bet would be asking someone who has modified the intro of R/B for info where the graphics are located. After you know where, calculate a pointer to that offset and find the asm for the intro.

                                  I can't figure any other ways to do it currently but I hope either one of these helps.
                                  __________________
                                  My Rom Hack



                                  Fixing bugs in a ROM hack
                                  CP of encountered pokemon in GO

                                  Learn how to hack GB/C games:

                                  Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
                                  -The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
                                    #20320    
                                  Old January 8th, 2012 (12:31 PM).
                                  kantoandjohtoaresupreme
                                  Guest
                                     
                                    Posts: n/a
                                    My friend and I are working on a hack of Pokemon FireRed, and we have all the easy stuff done, minor stat changes, a few type changes, (Krabby & Kingler now Water/Ground, Gyarados is Water/Dragon), and certain Pokemon can now learn moves via TM that they could not before (Golduck can now learn Psychic TM). We have come across a major problem however, the roaming legendary beast, either Raikou, Entei, or Suicune, that roams Kanto after the player beats the Elite Four and gives Celio the Ruby and Sapphire. We have drawn out on paper the new locations for the 3 beasts, so they are not roaming (don't worry, they are still going to be harder to capture, b/c they will be level 60 now, and Entei's Special Attack and Attack stats have been switched) but have not figured out a way to disable the one roaming beast the player will eventually encounter in their post-Elite Four journey. We believe the one way that will work will screw up events in the game, because what it would do is make the game not recognize that you chose a starter (the legendary beast that roams depends on your starter). Anybody have experience with this? I know it's a long shot, but your knowledge would be helpful.
                                      #20321    
                                    Old January 8th, 2012 (9:07 PM).
                                    redriders180's Avatar
                                    redriders180 redriders180 is offline
                                    Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jun 2010
                                      Location: Path of Victory, Tunod
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Quirky
                                      Posts: 540
                                      Send a message via AIM to redriders180
                                      Time to ask a question! This one is kinda strange...Is there a way to take a pointer, add a number to it, and STILL have a pointer? I'm making a sort of table, and i need the script to know which part of the table to read. Using Firered and JPANs hack engine
                                      __________________


                                      I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.


                                        #20322    
                                      Old January 9th, 2012 (4:52 AM).
                                      SKRoy SKRoy is offline
                                      Pokémon Hacker
                                         
                                        Join Date: Mar 2010
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 66
                                        I made a map in Advanced Map, but I have a problem. In the map you see a warp round (I don't know how to say that, but I think you understand what I mean). In Advanced Map I made a warp for it, but ingame the warp doesn't work. How can I fix this?

                                          #20323    
                                        Old January 9th, 2012 (6:13 AM).
                                        redriders180's Avatar
                                        redriders180 redriders180 is offline
                                        Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
                                           
                                          Join Date: Jun 2010
                                          Location: Path of Victory, Tunod
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Quirky
                                          Posts: 540
                                          Send a message via AIM to redriders180
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by SKRoy View Post
                                          I made a map in Advanced Map, but I have a problem. In the map you see a warp round (I don't know how to say that, but I think you understand what I mean). In Advanced Map I made a warp for it, but ingame the warp doesn't work. How can I fix this?

                                          It's not working because they aren't set to allow warps. The easiest way to fix that is just to write a script that says "warp BANK MAP EXIT X-COOR Y-COOR". The other way is to click on the purple puzzle piece in A-Map. Scroll down to the button, and click on it. Then click the dropdown below "Behaviour Byte" and find "Warp". That'll fix it.
                                          __________________


                                          I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.


                                            #20324    
                                          Old January 9th, 2012 (6:41 AM).
                                          SKRoy SKRoy is offline
                                          Pokémon Hacker
                                             
                                            Join Date: Mar 2010
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Posts: 66
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
                                            It's not working because they aren't set to allow warps. The easiest way to fix that is just to write a script that says "warp BANK MAP EXIT X-COOR Y-COOR". The other way is to click on the purple puzzle piece in A-Map. Scroll down to the button, and click on it. Then click the dropdown below "Behaviour Byte" and find "Warp". That'll fix it.
                                            Oké thank you! I'm gonna try it!
                                              #20325    
                                            Old January 9th, 2012 (9:53 PM).
                                            hughrock's Avatar
                                            hughrock hughrock is offline
                                               
                                              Join Date: Jan 2012
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Posts: 9
                                              I would to go ahead and apologize if I am posting in the wrong place. I hope that isn't the case. I just really want to find some help.

                                              I've searched everywhere and can't seem too find a way to alter the attack animations for pokemon ruby and saphire. The program, "A-Tack", allows me to alter names and effects quite easily, but I still need to redo the animations.

                                              I am adept at pixel art and such simple pixel designs are a piece of cake! I just don't know how to implement any animation alterations. Can anyone give me an answer?
                                              Closed Thread
                                              Quick Reply

                                              Sponsored Links
                                              Thread Tools

                                              Posting Rules
                                              You may not post new threads
                                              You may not post replies
                                              You may not post attachments
                                              You may not edit your posts

                                              BB code is On
                                              Smilies are On
                                              [IMG] code is On
                                              HTML code is Off

                                              Forum Jump


                                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:14 PM.