ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Draconius GO
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #20726    
Old March 12th, 2012 (4:33 PM).
Rumille's Avatar
Rumille Rumille is offline
     
    Join Date: Feb 2012
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 72
    When you look in Advance Map in the Pallet Town map, you see Prof Oak standing right next to your house. But if you play the game he becomes invisible and you can walk right through the spot where he is supposed to stand. He will stay this way untill you reach the grass where he stops you. How do I make a sprite invisible untill a kind-of-alike script is activated?

    Relevant Advertising!

      #20727    
    Old March 12th, 2012 (9:52 PM).
    miksy91's Avatar
    miksy91 miksy91 is offline
    Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
       
      Join Date: Oct 2008
      Location: A small country in the North
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 1,438
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Rumille View Post
      When you look in Advance Map in the Pallet Town map, you see Prof Oak standing right next to your house. But if you play the game he becomes invisible and you can walk right through the spot where he is supposed to stand. He will stay this way untill you reach the grass where he stops you. How do I make a sprite invisible untill a kind-of-alike script is activated?
      See "Script Help" -thread.

      To have person event's flag bit as 1 (=set) before you "encounter" it in the game, you've to set it in another event that occurs before that.
      If there is no "mandatory" event before that happening, you've to set it through map's Script Header.

      (Proper way would be doing it through assembly that's gone through in the intro but that's not required so...)
      __________________
      My Rom Hack



      Fixing bugs in a ROM hack
      CP of encountered pokemon in GO

      Learn how to hack GB/C games:

      Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
      -The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
        #20728    
      Old March 13th, 2012 (12:22 AM).
      pokeyou pokeyou is offline
         
        Join Date: Mar 2012
        Posts: 7
        Hi,

        Is there a way to add an RTC into Pokemon Ruby that will cause berries to grow using a Game Boy Micro and EZ Flash IV?

        I tried the GBATA patch and while I don't get a message that the battery is dry at the start, the berries I plant don't seem to grow and the clock doesn't change either.

        I also tried the Day Night Systems, but those seem to rely upon emulators for RTC and don't work with flash carts?
          #20729    
        Old March 13th, 2012 (6:53 AM).
        redriders180's Avatar
        redriders180 redriders180 is offline
        Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
           
          Join Date: Jun 2010
          Location: Path of Victory, Tunod
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Quirky
          Posts: 540
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
          See "Script Help" -thread.

          To have person event's flag bit as 1 (=set) before you "encounter" it in the game, you've to set it in another event that occurs before that.
          If there is no "mandatory" event before that happening, you've to set it through map's Script Header.

          (Proper way would be doing it through assembly that's gone through in the intro but that's not required so...)
          This isn't strictly true...the first script (yes, its a script) the game runs is setting plenty of flags and variables just for this purpose. I can't find where I read where the offset is, but it is somewhere, and it is easily edited.
          __________________


          I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.


            #20730    
          Old March 13th, 2012 (9:16 AM).
          Spherical Ice's Avatar
          Spherical Ice Spherical Ice is online now
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: Nov 2007
          Location: Bristol, UK
          Age: 19
          Posts: 5,235
          How would one go about finding out how to display the animations shown before a battle begins (wavy screen, black shapes, pokeballs)?
          __________________

          A Pokemon that is discriminated!
          Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
            #20731    
          Old March 13th, 2012 (10:45 AM).
          sonic1's Avatar
          sonic1 sonic1 is offline
          ASM is my life now...
             
            Join Date: May 2008
            Location: Portugal
            Age: 23
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Timid
            Posts: 79
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
            How would one go about finding out how to display the animations shown before a battle begins (wavy screen, black shapes, pokeballs)?
            For firered, that routine is at this offset: 0807F690

            Pass the animation number in r0.

            Example of usage:

            In script, use the command b6, setwildbattle to a pokemon you want.
            After that, using writebytetooffset, clear (write 00) to offsets 02022b4c/d/e/f)
            the call asm a routine that writes the animation number to r0 and 00 to r1 and bl's to that offset up there.
            __________________
            This signature has been disabled.
            over 350px high
            Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

            You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

            Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
              #20732    
            Old March 13th, 2012 (10:51 AM).
            Spherical Ice's Avatar
            Spherical Ice Spherical Ice is online now
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: Nov 2007
            Location: Bristol, UK
            Age: 19
            Posts: 5,235
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by sonic1 View Post


            For firered, that routine is at this offset: 0807F690

            Pass the animation number in r0.

            Example of usage:

            In script, use the command b6, setwildbattle to a pokemon you want.
            After that, using writebytetooffset, clear (write 00) to offsets 02022b4c/d/e/f)
            the call asm a routine that writes the animation number to r0 and 00 to r1 and bl's to that offset up there.
            Lol I think I understood half of that. Unfortunately I'm not the most adept at ASM. So my script should be:

            setwildbattle 0x1 0x5 0x0
            writebytetooffset 0x0 0x2022b4c
            writebytetooffset 0x0 0x2022b4d
            writebytetooffset 0x0 0x2022b4e
            writebytetooffset 0x0 0x2022b4f
            callasm 0xaddress

            What would the asm code be, though? I literally have no idea lol.
            __________________

            A Pokemon that is discriminated!
            Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
              #20733    
            Old March 13th, 2012 (11:02 AM).
            ChAriZard 9's Avatar
            ChAriZard 9 ChAriZard 9 is offline
            I'm a LEGIT Pokemon master!!
               
              Join Date: May 2011
              Location: United States
              Age: 25
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Calm
              Posts: 3
              How do I change the layout of the Fire Red map? I'm wanting to make a hack and I got some of the tiles inserted but can't start until I do the map.
              __________________
              My theory is; If Ash evolved his pokemon then, maybe, he would win the championships.

              What legendary would win? Don't wanna get involved in that fight, it would be more like a suicide mission.
                #20734    
              Old March 13th, 2012 (11:04 AM).
              sonic1's Avatar
              sonic1 sonic1 is offline
              ASM is my life now...
                 
                Join Date: May 2008
                Location: Portugal
                Age: 23
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Timid
                Posts: 79
                Code:
                push {r0-r4,lr}
                mov r0, #0x8      @ Example of animation. 8 is wild battle, if i remember correctly. Change to whatever you want
                mov r1, #0x0
                mov r4, #0x0807F690+1
                bl bx_r4
                pop {r0-r4,pc}
                
                bx_r4: bx r4
                A simple code like this. Its not necessary to be a wise master to do this.
                __________________
                This signature has been disabled.
                over 350px high
                Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

                You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

                Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                  #20735    
                Old March 13th, 2012 (4:31 PM).
                camoclone's Avatar
                camoclone camoclone is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Mar 2012
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 33
                  1. This is my 1st time and I'm hacking pokemon ruby. So I need a program like advanced map or something. I am working on a mac though because that's the only computer that I have access to. Does anyone know of a pokemon like advanced Map that I can use on a Mac?
                  2. I want to change the sprites of the pokemon and again I need a program that can run on Mac.
                  3. I want to change the title screen (on a Mac and with a program)
                  4. I want to change the starter pokemon
                  (all on a Mac and with a pokemon and for ruby.
                  I have searched all these on google
                    #20736    
                  Old March 13th, 2012 (4:40 PM).
                  droomph's Avatar
                  droomph droomph is offline
                  weeb
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2011
                  Location: nowhere spectacular
                  Age: 20
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Impish
                  Posts: 4,291
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by camoclone View Post
                  1. This is my 1st time and I'm hacking pokemon ruby. So I need a program like advanced map or something. I am working on a mac though because that's the only computer that I have access to. Does anyone know of a pokemon like advanced Map that I can use on a Mac?
                  2. I want to change the sprites of the pokemon and again I need a program that can run on Mac.
                  3. I want to change the title screen (on a Mac and with a program)
                  4. I want to change the starter pokemon
                  (all on a Mac and with a pokemon and for ruby.
                  I have searched all these on google
                  I'm on a Mac too, so I know you HAVE to use Wine/X11. It's not the most convenient thing in the world, but hey, if you don't want to, you'll have to use a PC, because honestly nobody here cares about Mac.
                  __________________
                  did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
                  o i forgot 5
                  uraqt


                    #20737    
                  Old March 13th, 2012 (5:00 PM).
                  camoclone's Avatar
                  camoclone camoclone is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Mar 2012
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 33
                    Oh well... I already have a gba reader but I need somethng like advanced map for mac. I just can't code
                      #20738    
                    Old March 13th, 2012 (5:34 PM).
                    droomph's Avatar
                    droomph droomph is offline
                    weeb
                    • Crystal Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2011
                    Location: nowhere spectacular
                    Age: 20
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Impish
                    Posts: 4,291
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by camoclone View Post
                    Oh well... I already have a gba reader but I need somethng like advanced map for mac. I just can't code
                    Yeah, either Hex Fiend or Wine. That's pretty much all there is.
                    __________________
                    did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
                    o i forgot 5
                    uraqt


                      #20739    
                    Old March 13th, 2012 (5:38 PM).
                    camoclone's Avatar
                    camoclone camoclone is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Mar 2012
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 33
                      So nothing like advanced map and do u need to code on those
                        #20740    
                      Old March 13th, 2012 (6:17 PM).
                      droomph's Avatar
                      droomph droomph is offline
                      weeb
                      • Crystal Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Sep 2011
                      Location: nowhere spectacular
                      Age: 20
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Impish
                      Posts: 4,291
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by camoclone View Post
                      So nothing like advanced map and do u need to code on those
                      So what exactly do you mean by "code"? That can mean a lot of things.
                      __________________
                      did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
                      o i forgot 5
                      uraqt


                        #20741    
                      Old March 13th, 2012 (9:21 PM).
                      deathmetalcharizard's Avatar
                      deathmetalcharizard deathmetalcharizard is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Mar 2012
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Relaxed
                        Posts: 3
                        me and my friends are trying to to a hack for fire red and we have few question:

                        How do I change what the town map looks like?
                        Is there a quicker way to edit building tiles without doing them 1 by 1?
                        How do I use the DNS (day n night season tool)
                        What program changes trainers pokemon and moves?
                        What tool changes trainers pokemon and moves in FR?
                        for fire red
                        i would really appreatiate if someone help me with this
                        __________________
                        i'm bad ass,
                        death metal fan hell yeah
                        and a pokemon master
                        nuff said
                          #20742    
                        Old March 14th, 2012 (12:01 AM).
                        DrFuji's Avatar
                        DrFuji DrFuji is offline
                        Heiki Hecchara‌‌
                        • Crystal Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2009
                        Location: Downia-upside
                        Age: 24
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Jolly
                        Posts: 1,328
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by deathmetalcharizard View Post
                        me and my friends are trying to to a hack for fire red and we have few question:

                        How do I change what the town map looks like?
                        Is there a quicker way to edit building tiles without doing them 1 by 1?
                        How do I use the DNS (day n night season tool)
                        What program changes trainers pokemon and moves?
                        What tool changes trainers pokemon and moves in FR?
                        for fire red
                        i would really appreatiate if someone help me with this
                        If you want to change the world map you're going to have to follow one of the tutorials in the Tutorial section. Here are some that could help you. This tool could also be some use if you're not used to re-pointing data yet.

                        You can't really insert a whole bunch of tiles at once unless they share the same palette. It may take some time, but you will become more efficient at it the more times you insert tiles.

                        Sorry, I haven't had much experience with DNS additions.

                        Trainers are best edited through Advance Trainer on the 3rd generation games. You can download it here.
                        __________________
                          #20743    
                        Old March 14th, 2012 (3:51 AM).
                        pokeyou pokeyou is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Mar 2012
                          Posts: 7
                          No simple answers for my simple question?
                            #20744    
                          Old March 14th, 2012 (9:33 AM).
                          Epitaph93's Avatar
                          Epitaph93 Epitaph93 is offline
                          Intermediate Digidestined
                             
                            Join Date: Oct 2011
                            Location: Texas
                            Age: 24
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Calm
                            Posts: 119
                            In some RPGs when you talk to a NPC a picture will pop up with the character's face. I was wondering if any hacks have accomplished this yet?

                            If not, then does anyone have any ideas on how to do so?

                            I've considered using Jambo51's Pokedex hack(when it's completed) to do the following:

                            Create a character's portrait, insert it as the image for a blank pokemon, use the showpokepic command on every sprite event so that it shows the character's "pokemon portrait" whenever you begin speaking to them.

                            So far, that's the only way I could think of to do this.
                            __________________
                            I'm Epitaph and I plan on releasing the first full-fledged Digimon hack of Pokemon Fire Red. We're getting close to the first release so come check it out in the Progressing hacks, and see how you can help us with the project.
                              #20745    
                            Old March 14th, 2012 (9:47 AM).
                            Spherical Ice's Avatar
                            Spherical Ice Spherical Ice is online now
                            • Crystal Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Nov 2007
                            Location: Bristol, UK
                            Age: 19
                            Posts: 5,235
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Epitaph93 View Post
                            In some RPGs when you talk to a NPC a picture will pop up with the character's face. I was wondering if any hacks have accomplished this yet?

                            If not, then does anyone have any ideas on how to do so?

                            I've considered using Jambo51's Pokedex hack(when it's completed) to do the following:

                            Create a character's portrait, insert it as the image for a blank pokemon, use the showpokepic command on every sprite event so that it shows the character's "pokemon portrait" whenever you begin speaking to them.

                            So far, that's the only way I could think of to do this.
                            That's the only easy way to do it to be honest. Of course, it looks a lot better if you use Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (actually, it may only be Emerald, I'm unsure) and then use the hidebox command, as that would only show the image, not the border. This would make for some epic mugshots. But yeah, replacing Pokémon sprites is the easiest way.
                            __________________

                            A Pokemon that is discriminated!
                            Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
                              #20746    
                            Old March 14th, 2012 (10:50 AM).
                            DaleH771's Avatar
                            DaleH771 DaleH771 is offline
                            I know who you are.
                               
                              Join Date: Oct 2011
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 126
                              Very simple question here guys. I have looked on the internet for ages for this and can not find it anywhere!

                              I used to have it... Whats the SetFlag for activating the NATIONAL Pokedex on a Firered hack. I have the Kanto dex but thats no use, need the National Dex! Thanks
                                #20747    
                              Old March 14th, 2012 (11:06 AM).
                              Spherical Ice's Avatar
                              Spherical Ice Spherical Ice is online now
                              • Crystal Tier
                               
                              Join Date: Nov 2007
                              Location: Bristol, UK
                              Age: 19
                              Posts: 5,235
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by DaleH771 View Post
                              Very simple question here guys. I have looked on the internet for ages for this and can not find it anywhere!

                              I used to have it... Whats the SetFlag for activating the NATIONAL Pokedex on a Firered hack. I have the Kanto dex but thats no use, need the National Dex! Thanks :)
                              It's not a flag, but a special. To activate the National Pokédex in FireRed, include: "special 0x16F" in a script.
                              __________________

                              A Pokemon that is discriminated!
                              Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
                                #20748    
                              Old March 14th, 2012 (11:20 AM).
                              DaleH771's Avatar
                              DaleH771 DaleH771 is offline
                              I know who you are.
                                 
                                Join Date: Oct 2011
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 126
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
                                It's not a flag, but a special. To activate the National Pokédex in FireRed, include: "special 0x16F" in a script.
                                Cheers! Was one of the very last additions to my game before I could release its beta version.
                                  #20749    
                                Old March 14th, 2012 (12:37 PM).
                                redriders180's Avatar
                                redriders180 redriders180 is offline
                                Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jun 2010
                                  Location: Path of Victory, Tunod
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Quirky
                                  Posts: 540
                                  I suppose I've only scratched the surface with this...I wanted to make an item that allows the player to travel on water without needing a Pokemon with surf. I found the script for surf (no badge check is included, by the way). I thought by making the script go to the surfboard check after the attack check would make it work, but it doesn't...I assume there's a check in the game that automatically ends the script if there isn't anyone with surf. The script works perfectly...I assigned it to a person, and it worked basically flawlessly. Does anyone know what needs to be done?
                                  __________________


                                  I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.


                                    #20750    
                                  Old March 14th, 2012 (2:36 PM).
                                  droomph's Avatar
                                  droomph droomph is offline
                                  weeb
                                  • Crystal Tier
                                   
                                  Join Date: Sep 2011
                                  Location: nowhere spectacular
                                  Age: 20
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Impish
                                  Posts: 4,291
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
                                  I suppose I've only scratched the surface with this...I wanted to make an item that allows the player to travel on water without needing a Pokemon with surf. I found the script for surf (no badge check is included, by the way). I thought by making the script go to the surfboard check after the attack check would make it work, but it doesn't...I assume there's a check in the game that automatically ends the script if there isn't anyone with surf. The script works perfectly...I assigned it to a person, and it worked basically flawlessly. Does anyone know what needs to be done?
                                  Have you checked all the specials? There might be a sequence of them, and you just probably need to bl to each special's ASM to activate the surf.
                                  __________________
                                  did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
                                  o i forgot 5
                                  uraqt


                                  Closed Thread

                                  Quick Reply

                                  Join the conversation!

                                  Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                  Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                  Sponsored Links
                                  Thread Tools

                                  Posting Rules
                                  You may not post new threads
                                  You may not post replies
                                  You may not post attachments
                                  You may not edit your posts

                                  BB code is On
                                  Smilies are On
                                  [IMG] code is On
                                  HTML code is Off

                                  Forum Jump


                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:58 PM.