ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread

Old June 8th, 2012 (3:40 PM).
Back to ROM hacking. :D

Nature: Adamant
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpadeEdge16 View Post
    Hey, guys, in my hack I'm using FR and I created an evolved form of Smoochum where the female evolves into Jynx and in mine you can catch a male Smoochum that evolves into a completely different male version, but I should have thought this through first because I can't see any way to do this with YAPE, is it possible? o-o
    Since that method of evolution wasn't created until d/p, I'm afraid it can't be done without asm. But what you can do is Add another smoochum Pokemon, and make that evolve into something else. Set one smoochum to 100% male and the other to 100% female. That'll work. :)

Does anyone know approxamitely how much free space is in Pokemon fire red? Like MB...

Relevant Advertising!

Old June 8th, 2012 (4:38 PM). Edited June 8th, 2012 by redriders180.
    Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by itman View Post
      Since that method of evolution wasn't created until d/p, I'm afraid it can't be done without asm. But what you can do is Add another smoochum Pokemon, and make that evolve into something else. Set one smoochum to 100% male and the other to 100% female. That'll work.

Does anyone know approxamitely how much free space is in Pokemon fire red? Like MB...
      I just calculated it, and it's roughly 8.875 MB, if you start at 0x720000 and go on to 0xFFFFFF. There were some FFs above 0x720000, though, so you have a little less than 9MB of free space. (It would be exactly 9 MB if 0x700000 - 0xFFFFFF were free)

I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.

Old June 8th, 2012 (5:45 PM).

When saving data, I've noticed that some program is writing over 00's in the 2A... group; I'm a assuming it's Advance Map because the problems recur after saving. This is a problem because that's where the Viridian City tileset is located (Tileset #2), and most of the behavior bytes and background bytes have 00 bytes. This messes things such as doors and tiles the player should be covering. Is there any way where I can make Advance Map not save in this area?
        Old June 9th, 2012 (2:41 AM).

Nature: Bashful
          hey everyone,i want to edit Brock's Gym.I want to add tree and grass to the gym.how to do that?
          Old June 9th, 2012 (2:54 AM).
          » inactive

Nature: Quiet
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by aar2697 View Post
            When saving data, I've noticed that some program is writing over 00's in the 2A... group; I'm a assuming it's Advance Map because the problems recur after saving. This is a problem because that's where the Viridian City tileset is located (Tileset #2), and most of the behavior bytes and background bytes have 00 bytes. This messes things such as doors and tiles the player should be covering. Is there any way where I can make Advance Map not save in this area?
            It searches for FF bytes by default, use the block editor to change the tile behavior.

Here is a example.
            Spoiler:

You can also uncheck "Automatically look for offsets" under "Settings" in order to pick your own offsets.
            Old June 9th, 2012 (3:38 AM).
            Memento Mori
            • Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by FearAddict View Post
            Hai all, I got a problem with A-map. When i set pokemon in wild pokemon editor (i put taillows in route 1 and some pidgeys and rattatas) but the only pokemon i encounter are sandslash of high level. Can someone help me? I would really appreciate!

Thanks in advance all!
            You probably missclicked, check the map again and set it again, also don't forget to save.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
            Old June 9th, 2012 (6:55 AM). Edited June 9th, 2012 by LugiaMZ.

Quote:
              Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
              I understand...you're wanting to change what map appears when you open the World Map. I had a similar problem, since my game has multiple regions, and the best way to do it is with a hex editor, I'm afraid. I'll link to a tutorial you'd find useful, but I'll sum up what you can do to avoid using it.

Which map appears is based on the name (yes, name) of the current route you're on. Anything with an index from 0x58 to 0x8E ("Pallet Town" to "Power Plant") Automatically end up showing Map 1. It's down in the programming that, if the index is less than or equal to 0x8E, display map 1. For the other maps, it uses a list, making Maps 2-4 easier to customize. Tutorial for the above is here, courtesy of Mastermind X
              Mastermind X tutorial those ROM:083F1AA0 is mean 0x3F1AA0? I'm use hexworkshop. If me changed 0x8E ("Power Plant") to Worldmap 3 then if me open worldmap at Power Plant will appear Worldmap 3 on screen?

PSorry for my bad english...

Quote:
              Originally Posted by itman View Post
              I think you're talking about connection settings, assuming I understand what you're saying...

In a-map 1.92 I believe one of the pictures (next to show sprite, etc...) is the connection settings. It's self explanatory from there, you just change where you want the map to connect to.
              I'm not saying connection settings, sorry for my bad english. Thanks for reply.
              Old June 9th, 2012 (7:05 AM). Edited June 9th, 2012 by redriders180.
              Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by LugiaMZ View Post
                Mastermind X tutorial those ROM:083F1AA0 is mean 0x3F1AA0? I'm use hexworkshop. If me changed 0x8E ("Power Plant") to Worldmap 3 then if me open worldmap at Power Plant will appear Worldmap 3 on screen?

PSorry for my bad english...
                For the former, yes. the 08 denotes that the values are in the ROM, which is generally the most edited portion of the game itself, and used by all tools and scripts. Other values access different parts of the memory.

For the latter, also yes.

I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.

Old June 9th, 2012 (9:17 AM).

Nature: Careful
                  Hey, I'd just like a little help.
                  I've kinda got the basics of advance map now, I know what everything does-ish.
                  i just need help because when i open the 'settings' menu i don't have the option to 'choose script editor' - does anyone know why/how to fix it?
                  Old June 9th, 2012 (9:43 AM).

Hi, does anyone know of a good save editor for Gen III? I'm talking about the .sav battery files, and the reason I want this is because I want to edit my Pokémon's nickname before getting to the Name Rater. I have tried Enciclopedia and managed to edit their names, but when I save the file and load it I get the corrupt save error, and the game uses the backup save instead.
                    Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have been looking for a save editor for a while and many have dropped support for lower generation games.
                    Old June 9th, 2012 (9:46 AM).

As you can already guess I just want a few questions i have had about what is capable of being done to pokemon gba roms

1. Pokemon being able to recover from poison before fainting (being put in the games that don't have it like fire red)
                      2. Deleting/Replacing Maps with blank space. (for roms that dont need as many maps as their base)
                      3. Creating Specials
                      4. REALLY using the mystery gift system (is definently a big interenst to rom hackers looking to use it somehow)

Before answering, be aware I know these things are the most wanted and unestablished parts of romhacking if possible at all, so do not answer its not possible. I am looking for a general idea where I could start learning how to do any of the above that are possible and if anyone has research done on them id like to learn what you figured out
                      Old June 9th, 2012 (12:06 PM).

I have three questions about FireRed. Has anyone figured out how to
                        1. allow the player to use HM moves outside of battle without obtaining badges,
                        2. force all Pokemon to obey the player regardless of which badges they have, and
                        3. disable the stat bonuses that badges give?
                        I'd really appreciate it if someone could answer any of these questions (especially #1).
                        Old June 9th, 2012 (2:03 PM).

Does anyone know where I can get a hex generator so I can get the hex values for items in FR? I'm making a gym leader and I can't get him to give the right items because I don't have the hex value for it and I'm struggling with finding one. Thank you.
                          Old June 9th, 2012 (2:09 PM).
                          » inactive

Nature: Quiet
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by SpadeEdge16 View Post
                            Does anyone know where I can get a hex generator so I can get the hex values for items in FR? I'm making a gym leader and I can't get him to give the right items because I don't have the hex value for it and I'm struggling with finding one. Thank you.
                            Hex is basic knowledge but well, try this.
                            Old June 9th, 2012 (7:08 PM). Edited June 9th, 2012 by Sagiri.

SpadeEdge16, if you have XSE downloaded, you can search for the file "stditems.rbh" and it has a full list. It's actually a header file, for a shortcut to using them in scripts, but I tend to use it simply as documentation.

Okay, so if you saw my post before I edited it, you know that I was asking a question about 'swi #0x6' and it not working. Well, I figured out what was going on - VBA SDL H itself was interfering with it, due to a breakpoint I put there.
                              Old June 9th, 2012 (9:14 PM).

My question is how to (in Emerald) change how at the beginning, Prof. Birch is talking to you, shows you the Pokemon, asks you for your name, ect. Is there any way to change what he says in there? Because I have his name and the first towns name different.
                                Old June 9th, 2012 (9:23 PM).
                                Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Zoroark173 View Post
                                  My question is how to (in Emerald) change how at the beginning, Prof. Birch is talking to you, shows you the Pokemon, asks you for your name, ect. Is there any way to change what he says in there? Because I have his name and the first towns name different.
                                  Try using A-text if you want to change the text.....

There's also some tools that can change what pokemon the proffessor will release like A-intro editor.

But I haven't tested it on emerald yet. (Only did it on FireRed.)

Hope this helps. :D
                                  Old June 9th, 2012 (9:43 PM). Edited June 9th, 2012 by Zoroark173.

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by tajaros View Post
                                    Try using A-text if you want to change the text.....

There's also some tools that can change what pokemon the proffessor will release like A-intro editor.

But I haven't tested it on emerald yet. (Only did it on FireRed.)

Hope this helps. :D
                                    Thanks, but where can I download this? Can I have a link to it please. Also, did you just change your avatar right after you posted... It was a Zoroark, but now it is an eye.

EDIT: Just found it, and it doesn't work for Emerald.

EDIT 2: Problem was that I needed an Emerald ini, which I found one on the forums. It isn't complete though, but it shall serve its purpose.
                                    Old June 10th, 2012 (1:23 AM).
                                    Tropical Sunlight Tropical Sunlight is offline
                                    The Faltine

An idea just struck me. Would it be possible to change FireRed's Pokedex to Ruby's? I know nothing about how it can be done, but would it be possible & practical to do it?
                                      Old June 10th, 2012 (1:29 AM).
                                      Oh Hai Thar~
                                      • Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Tropical Sunlight View Post
                                      An idea just struck me. Would it be possible to change FireRed's Pokedex to Ruby's? I know nothing about how it can be done, but would it be possible & practical to do it?
                                      It's possible, but I forgot who can help you with that, but I'm pretty sure Chaos Rush knows the guy who can rearrange the order of the PokéDex.

FC: 0061-1111-6462
                                      TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

Old June 10th, 2012 (1:42 AM).
                                      Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
                                        @destinejagold

I'm pretty sure it was jambo51 but couldn't you rearrange the pokedex order with a hacking tool?
                                        Old June 10th, 2012 (4:08 AM).
                                        Tropical Sunlight Tropical Sunlight is offline
                                        The Faltine

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post

It's possible, but I forgot who can help you with that, but I'm pretty sure Chaos Rush knows the guy who can rearrange the order of the PokéDex.
                                          I'm sorry, I should've been more specific - I meant the Pokedex layout.
                                          Old June 10th, 2012 (5:21 AM).

Hello everyone,

I'm actually on a Fire Red rom hack, and I want my new game to be able to bypass the 510 EVs limit (so every single stat can go up to 255).

Can someone help me with this?

Thank you very much.
                                            Old June 10th, 2012 (7:49 AM).

Gah, this has got to be super basic, but how do you edit a script you've already made and compiled? I have XSE linked into A-map but whenever I click 'open script' it comes up looking different (with a lot of '--------------- instead of the #dynamic 0x800D etc.) and even if I write the whole thing out again with the edits I want in and press compile, it says it's compiled a thee bottom but if I then close and reopen the script the same '-------- stuff is back with no edits. I pressed 'decompile' just trying different things but it didn't do anything noticeable.

Thanks for being patient with this n00b.
                                              Old June 10th, 2012 (1:08 PM).

Can someone please tell me how to edit pokemon crystal sprites, i am a newbie, I just want the charizard sprite in crystal replaced by the one from silver since it's much cooler, if someone does it for me il give £10 paypal :D
                                                Closed Thread
                                                Quick Reply

Sponsored Links