ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Draconius GO
Closed Thread

Old June 18th, 2012 (4:02 PM).
Has a tendency to figure things out

Nature: Quirky
    Thanks guys, getting XSE now.

I've started opening some tools I already downloaded, but there's this one that refuses to open: CyclonePrototype. I get an error everytime. I've tried every solution I've searched for, but none of them work. Is there a way someone can reupload it with the right files it needs to run (the one I downloaded had just the program), or tell me if there's another program that does everything Cyclone does?

Relevant Advertising!

Old June 18th, 2012 (4:43 PM).

Hey guys, when I open Overworld Editor it says "Error loading INI settings for this game" when I load my FR Rom. Why is it doing this and is there any way to fix it?
      Old June 18th, 2012 (5:01 PM).
      Heiki Hecchara‌‌
      • Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by thanethane98 View Post
      It's refusing to warp. I've tried searching for a way to solve it, and I've tried quite a few different things to resolve the issue, but nothing's worked. The warp isn't working. Also, I've set up warps for things such as doors without any issues. I'm only having a problem with stairs.
      There are some special tile behaviours that facilitate you going up and down stairs. When you hover your mouse over a tile in an untouched FR map in Advance Map you can see that specific tile's number. In a map with stairs you should be able to notice that the tile number changes when you compare the tile at the foot of the stairs to the rest of the similar looking tiles in the map. For example,on the bottom floor of Celadon Mansion - Instead of being tile 0x282, the tile next to the stairs is tile 0x2F1. It is necessary to have this tile as it provides the warp functionality, which you can see because it has a behaviour byte of 0x6C when you view it in the tileset editor. There are four of these sorts of tiles which accommodate for you going up and to the right (0x6C), up and to the left (0x6D), down and to the right (0x6E) as well as down and to the left (0x6F).

Anyway, either make an extra tile which has the correct behaviour byte or use one already in the tileset and place it next to the stairs.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Darkrai Lv.1000 View Post
      Thanks guys, getting XSE now.

I've started opening some tools I already downloaded, but there's this one that refuses to open: CyclonePrototype. I get an error everytime. I've tried every solution I've searched for, but none of them work. Is there a way someone can reupload it with the right files it needs to run (the one I downloaded had just the program), or tell me if there's another program that does everything Cyclone does?
      Nameless Tile Map Editor does the same thing as Cyclone and is more up to date so you should use that.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by SpadeEdge16 View Post
      Hey guys, when I open Overworld Editor it says "Error loading INI settings for this game" when I load my FR Rom. Why is it doing this and is there any way to fix it?
      In a lot of the tools you download there should be a small configuration file that provides data which is necessary for the ROM to work - It tells the ROM where to start looking for/ loading information. If you've deleted or moved this file from its original location then that would explain your problem. You may have also changed your ROM header, but if that was the case then the majority of tools would not work.
      Old June 18th, 2012 (5:21 PM).

Yeah, I don't think the header is the problem, all my other programs work. But there aren't any files with my the editor, so I guess I'll download another one. Thanks.
        Old June 18th, 2012 (5:36 PM).
        Has a tendency to figure things out

Found it, thanks bro.
          Soon I shall start on my new project, unless I have another question. xD
          Old June 18th, 2012 (7:17 PM).
          Self Proclaimed Expert

Nature: Relaxed
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
            There are some special tile behaviours that facilitate you going up and down stairs. When you hover your mouse over a tile in an untouched FR map in Advance Map you can see that specific tile's number. In a map with stairs you should be able to notice that the tile number changes when you compare the tile at the foot of the stairs to the rest of the similar looking tiles in the map. For example,on the bottom floor of Celadon Mansion - Instead of being tile 0x282, the tile next to the stairs is tile 0x2F1. It is necessary to have this tile as it provides the warp functionality, which you can see because it has a behaviour byte of 0x6C when you view it in the tileset editor. There are four of these sorts of tiles which accommodate for you going up and to the right (0x6C), up and to the left (0x6D), down and to the right (0x6E) as well as down and to the left (0x6F).

Anyway, either make an extra tile which has the correct behaviour byte or use one already in the tileset and place it next to the stairs.
            Thanks! I managed to get it working with that information. I thought that I had the correct tile set up for it, but apparently I didn't!
            Old June 18th, 2012 (11:25 PM).
            noob hacker

This may be a dumb question, but this really is the only thing bothering me. Everthing else I can work with. Is it possible to start completely from scratch using advance map?
              Old June 19th, 2012 (12:06 AM).
              Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Jake 53 View Post
                This may be a dumb question, but this really is the only thing bothering me. Everthing else I can work with. Is it possible to start completely from scratch using advance map?
                Why start everything over again when you can replace the maps and inset new ones?
                Old June 19th, 2012 (1:25 AM).

Which offset is Bill's level script in Cinnabar Island?
                  Old June 19th, 2012 (3:28 AM).

Is there a limit to how much you can change or add to a pokemon rom? I mean, is there a limit for how many new maps I can insert or how many trainers there can be?
                    Old June 19th, 2012 (3:53 AM).
                    Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Ferox View Post
                      Is there a limit to how much you can change or add to a pokemon rom? I mean, is there a limit for how many new maps I can insert or how many trainers there can be?
                      You can have a maximum of 0x100 map banks (0x0 - 0xFF inclusive) with 0x100 maps in each (0x0 - 0xFF inclusive), giving you a maximum limit of 65,536 maps in the game.

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by KF View Post
                      Which offset is Bill's level script in Cinnabar Island?
                      0x166F88
                      Old June 19th, 2012 (4:00 AM).

Thanks!

Can someone write me or explain me how to write a script for a Move Tutor that learns Surf to Pikachu ONLY and ONLY with max happiness?
                        Old June 19th, 2012 (7:43 AM). Edited June 19th, 2012 by Robert Conley.
                        GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley

Nature: Docile
                          [QUOTE=redriders180;7218583]The bridge tiles need to have a background byte of 00, so that they cover the hero when they walk normally under it, and not $20, block is covered by hero. The bridge itself needs to be covered in 3C movement permissions, of course. The upper part of the bridge, on both sides of the bridge, needs to have movement permissions of 10. Example in the spoiler.

Spoiler:

Did all that still getting the problem of the hero walking over instead of under.

EDIT: NEVER MIND I FIGURED OUT THE THING I WAS DOING WRONG WAS NOT BUILDING THE BLOCK WITH A BACKGROUND.
                          Old June 19th, 2012 (1:15 PM).

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by KF View Post
                            Thanks!

Can someone write me or explain me how to write a script for a Move Tutor that learns Surf to Pikachu ONLY and ONLY with max happiness?
                            Wouldn't you be able to use the scripts of the Blast Burn/Frenzy Plant/Hydro Pump tutor, but change the values to Pikachu and Surf?

Out of curiosity, how exactly does the coding for the rival work, with how he uses different pokemon depending on the starter you choose? Curious because I kinda would like to explore the possibility of multiple 'rivals'.
                            Old June 19th, 2012 (1:25 PM).
                            Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
                              Wouldn't you be able to use the scripts of the Blast Burn/Frenzy Plant/Hydro Pump tutor, but change the values to Pikachu and Surf?
                              The move tutors teach only certain moves, it's not like an actual variable. You have to change the move tutor data accordingly.

Quote:
                              Out of curiosity, how exactly does the coding for the rival work, with how he uses different pokemon depending on the starter you choose? Curious because I kinda would like to explore the possibility of multiple 'rivals'.
                              Every single possible battle is an individual battle in A-Map. The scripts check which starter you picked, and then loads the corresponding battle. In Firered, I think the "Rival" trainer class automatically loads the rival name chosen in the beginning of the game as the name of the battler. So, if you picked the name "Gary" in Oak's intro, all trainers with the trainer class "Rival" would have the name "Gary" show up after it, no matter what you set as the name.

I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.

Old June 19th, 2012 (2:53 PM).
                              Divider of Zero

Nature: Relaxed
                                I copied and pasted the Pokecenter script word for word from a clean Fire Red ROM onto my hacked ROM and when I tried to access it in-game, it worked up to the part where she says "Thank you for waiting, we've restored your Pokemon to full health."

After that text finishes loading, the game freezes and spasms out on colors (Shown below). What is the cause of this?

Spoiler:
                                Old June 19th, 2012 (4:12 PM).

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Teh Blazer View Post
                                  I copied and pasted the Pokecenter script word for word from a clean Fire Red ROM onto my hacked ROM and when I tried to access it in-game, it worked up to the part where she says "Thank you for waiting, we've restored your Pokemon to full health."

After that text finishes loading, the game freezes and spasms out on colors (Shown below). What is the cause of this?

Spoiler:
                                  You need to copy both level scripts for PokeCenters as well. One of them is a special that is ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED, and the other one is data for sethealingplace.

Old June 19th, 2012 (5:52 PM).

I've tried looking through the forums here, but haven't found an answer to the question, which I will pose here:

What are the maximum dimensions for over world trainer sprites in the 3rd gen games? I know they're probably different between R/S/E and FR/LG, so I might need both. However, I'm mainly concerned with Emerald, since that is the base my friend wants to use for a hack. I've volunteered to do some graphics work for her, so I would like to know before I get to creating sprites.

Sorry if I'm seeming newbish, but I really would like to know. (and yes, I'm aware that the in-battle sprite dimensions are 64x64. I need over-worlds.)

(Also yes, I've seen Metapod23's tutorial for inserting, as well as Chesu's guid to making the sprites. Neither actually seems to say the dimensions I can use.)
                                    Old June 19th, 2012 (7:26 PM).
                                    Back to ROM hacking. :D

Nature: Adamant
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Draconicsoul View Post
                                      I've tried looking through the forums here, but haven't found an answer to the question, which I will pose here:

What are the maximum dimensions for over world trainer sprites in the 3rd gen games? I know they're probably different between R/S/E and FR/LG, so I might need both. However, I'm mainly concerned with Emerald, since that is the base my friend wants to use for a hack. I've volunteered to do some graphics work for her, so I would like to know before I get to creating sprites.

Sorry if I'm seeming newbish, but I really would like to know. (and yes, I'm aware that the in-battle sprite dimensions are 64x64. I need over-worlds.)

(Also yes, I've seen Metapod23's tutorial for inserting, as well as Chesu's guid to making the sprites. Neither actually seems to say the dimensions I can use.)
                                      The largest I've personally used is 64x64 for overworlds, but most don't need to be that big, and can be 32x32. So the dimensions you can use are: 16x16, 32x32, 64x64, and any mixtures of the numbers (like 16x32, etc...). HOWEVER, in Fire Red there is an ingame OW (the ship, #153 I believe) that is 64x128. So I guess you can make them up to 128x128...but that's HUGE.
                                      Old June 19th, 2012 (7:29 PM).

Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Draconicsoul View Post

I think, conventionally, 64x64 is the max for OWs also. However there's one sprite in both RSE and FRLG that is 64x128, but I don't know how that works. It might be something internally done, with ASM and tilemaps, but I dont know for sure

Old June 19th, 2012 (7:49 PM).
                                        Legendary Spriter

Nature: Bold
                                          hello every one i have a small problem which is i want to edit the battle background for pokemon ruby i searched a lot and a lot but i didn't find any helpful tutorial or even any tutorial to hack it please may any one help me.i want to change this:

to something like this:
                                          Hacks I'm Currently Making

Join My Hacking Team(D.A.T.S)

My deviantART

Old June 19th, 2012 (7:53 PM).
                                          Back to ROM hacking. :D

Nature: Adamant
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by ADLFM14 View Post
                                            hello every one i have a small problem which is i want to edit the battle background for pokemon ruby i searched a lot and a lot but i didn't find any helpful tutorial or even any tutorial to hack it please may any one help me.i want to change this:

to something like this:
                                            http://pkmnhackersonline.com/battle-backgrounds/

There ya go. :)
                                            Old June 19th, 2012 (10:58 PM). Edited June 19th, 2012 by timebroken.

Hey guys, I've got a question about changing some sprites. I want to change a lot of different sprites in my hack, so I'm needing something faster than individually finding the sprite I want changed in unLZ. So, I'm wondering if there is some way to get a dump of all the sprites in my ROM, so I can sift through them at my own rate.

Also, when first starting the ROM, you get a message that says, "The internal battery has run dry..." etc. How would I go about changing that? (What do I need to do to change the text?)

Thanks for the help.
                                              Old June 20th, 2012 (12:36 AM).
                                              Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by timebroken View Post
                                                Hey guys, I've got a question about changing some sprites. I want to change a lot of different sprites in my hack, so I'm needing something faster than individually finding the sprite I want changed in unLZ. So, I'm wondering if there is some way to get a dump of all the sprites in my ROM, so I can sift through them at my own rate.

Also, when first starting the ROM, you get a message that says, "The internal battery has run dry..." etc. How would I go about changing that? (What do I need to do to change the text?)

Thanks for the help.
                                                I bet your using VBA try using NO$GBA to see if it works....

And in sprites try using WICHU's Sprite Editor but as for trainers I haven't heard of a trainer sprite editor so you'll have to do them manually in UNLZ...
                                                Old June 20th, 2012 (6:28 AM).
                                                Legendary Spriter

Nature: Bold
                                                  sorry guys i have another thing i want to ask about which is i want to know the command in this script
                                                  Spoiler:
                                                  '---------------
                                                  #org 0x15B596
                                                  lock
                                                  faceplayer
                                                  checkflag 0x4DD
                                                  if 0x1 goto 0x815B5BD
                                                  playsong 0x1C2 0x0
                                                  msgbox 0x8190728 0x4 '"Welcome, challenger!\nI'm SIDNEY o..."
                                                  trainerbattle 0x3 0x105 0x0 0x8190823
                                                  goto 0x815B5C7

'---------------
                                                  #org 0x15B5BD
                                                  msgbox 0x819086D 0x4 '"Well, listen to what this loser ha..."
                                                  release
                                                  end

'---------------
                                                  #org 0x15B5C7
                                                  setflag 0x4DD
                                                  call 0x81A0693
                                                  msgbox 0x819086D 0x4 '"Well, listen to what this loser ha..."
                                                  release
                                                  end

'---------------
                                                  #org 0x1A0693
                                                  applymovement 0xFF 0x81A0853
                                                  waitmovement 0x0
                                                  sound 0x8
                                                  setmaptile 0x6 0x1 0x344 0x0
                                                  setmaptile 0x6 0x2 0x345 0x0
                                                  setmaptile 0x0 0x2 0x2DE 0x1
                                                  setmaptile 0x1 0x2 0x2DD 0x1
                                                  setmaptile 0x2 0x2 0x2DE 0x1
                                                  setmaptile 0x3 0x2 0x2DD 0x1
                                                  setmaptile 0x4 0x2 0x2DE 0x1
                                                  setmaptile 0x8 0x2 0x2DD 0x1
                                                  setmaptile 0x9 0x2 0x2DE 0x1
                                                  setmaptile 0xA 0x2 0x2DD 0x1
                                                  setmaptile 0xB 0x2 0x2DE 0x1
                                                  setmaptile 0xC 0x2 0x2DD 0x1
                                                  special 0x8E
                                                  return

'---------
                                                  ' Strings
                                                  '---------
                                                  #org 0x190728
                                                  = Welcome, challenger!\nI'm SIDNEY of the ELITE FOUR.\pI like that look you're giving me.\nI guess you'll give me a good match.\lThat's good! Looking real good!\pAll right! You and me, let's enjoy a\nbattle that can only be staged here\lin the POKéMON LEAGUE!

#org 0x190823
                                                  = Well, how do you like that? I lost!\nEh, it was fun, so it doesn't matter.

#org 0x19086D
                                                  = Well, listen to what this loser has\nto say.\pYou've got what it takes to go far.\nNow, go on to the next room and enjoy\lyour next battle!

'-----------
                                                  ' Movements
                                                  '-----------
                                                  #org 0x1A0853
                                                  #raw 0x14 'Delay5
                                                  #raw 0x14 'Delay5
                                                  #raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

which show this picture before the battle begin:
                                                  Spoiler:

and thnx for helping
                                                  Hacks I'm Currently Making

Join My Hacking Team(D.A.T.S)

My deviantART

Closed Thread

Quick Reply