ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #22301    
Old July 30th, 2012 (7:13 AM).
Skystrike's Avatar
Skystrike Skystrike is offline
Dark Shadow
  • Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: internet
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 1,538
How can I index a sprite? Every time I try, it fails to work. I don't know if it has to do with Window 7's paint program or the IrfanView I'm using, but every time I paste the old sprite over the new sprite, it reverts to 24bpp
__________________

I lack toast and am tolerant

Relevant Advertising!

  #22302    
Old July 30th, 2012 (7:52 AM).
Renegade's Avatar
Renegade Renegade is offline
Time for real life...
     
    Join Date: Nov 2011
    Location: United States
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Careful
    Posts: 998
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Final Destination View Post
    How can I index a sprite? Every time I try, it fails to work. I don't know if it has to do with Window 7's paint program or the IrfanView I'm using, but every time I paste the old sprite over the new sprite, it reverts to 24bpp
    I had the same problem

    I have a video here:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGihhXkQOPk
      #22303    
    Old July 30th, 2012 (7:54 AM).
    Skystrike's Avatar
    Skystrike Skystrike is offline
    Dark Shadow
    • Silver Tier
     
    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: internet
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Quiet
    Posts: 1,538
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CrystalStatic View Post
    I had the same problem

    I have a video here:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGihhXkQOPk
    Yeah it's Windows 7 paint. But I got a program Paint XP which makes it work...
    __________________

    I lack toast and am tolerant
      #22304    
    Old July 30th, 2012 (8:51 AM).
    Renegade's Avatar
    Renegade Renegade is offline
    Time for real life...
       
      Join Date: Nov 2011
      Location: United States
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Careful
      Posts: 998
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Final Destination View Post

      Yeah it's Windows 7 paint. But I got a program Paint XP which makes it work...
      Yeah, I just used GIMP to paste the fixed indexed sprite.
        #22305    
      Old July 30th, 2012 (9:29 AM).
      MrElephant's Avatar
      MrElephant MrElephant is offline
      Pokemon Researcher
         
        Join Date: Oct 2011
        Location: United States
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Serious
        Posts: 77
        What setflags are free in pokemon firered. I know that some are free in the 200s but not past 230. So what other ones are available because I dont want to break my rom.
        __________________
        Trying to find time to mod

        Lets see I like modding

        Dragon Warrior, Lego Racers, Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Mario Racing, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and Banjo.
          #22306    
        Old July 30th, 2012 (9:36 AM).
        machomuu's Avatar
        machomuu machomuu is offline
        • Crystal Tier
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Apr 2008
        Location: Americalanavania
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Relaxed
        Posts: 10,247
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by MrElephant View Post
        What setflags are free in pokemon firered. I know that some are free in the 200s but not past 230. So what other ones are available because I dont want to break my rom.
        Here's a list of the ones that are already being used:
        Spoiler:
        0x1
        0x2
        0x3
        0x4
        0x5
        0x6
        0x2B
        0x2C
        0x2E
        0x2F
        0x30
        0x31
        0x32
        0x33
        0x34
        0x35
        0x36
        0x37
        0x39
        0x3D
        0x3E
        0x3F
        0x40
        0x41
        0x42
        0x43
        0x44
        0x45
        0x46
        0x47
        0x48
        0x49
        0x4A
        0x4B
        0x4C
        0x4D
        0x50
        0x52
        0x54
        0x58
        0x59
        0x5C
        0x5D
        0x5F
        0x62
        0x63
        0x64
        0x65
        0x66
        0x67
        0x68
        0x69
        0x6A
        0x6B
        0x72
        0x75
        0x7A
        0x7B
        0x7C
        0x7D
        0x7E
        0x80
        0x81
        0x82
        0x84
        0x85
        0x86
        0x88
        0x8B
        0x8C
        0x8D
        0x8E
        0x91
        0x92
        0x93
        0x94
        0x95
        0x96
        0x97
        0x98
        0x99
        0x9A
        0x9B
        0x9C
        0x9E
        0x9F
        0xA0
        0xA1
        0xA2
        0xAA
        0xAD
        0xAE
        0xB1
        0xB2
        0xB3
        0xB4
        0xD5
        0xD6
        0xD7
        0xDC
        0xEA
        0x109
        0x10A
        0x10B
        0x118
        0x119
        0x11A
        0x11B
        0x120
        0x121
        0x124
        0x125
        0x126
        0x127
        0x128
        0x129
        0x142
        0x143
        0x144
        0x163
        0x16A
        0x16E
        0x16F
        0x188
        0x189
        0x190
        0x191
        0x192
        0x1A7
        0x1A8
        0x1B6
        0x1B7
        0x1B8
        0x1CE
        0x1CF
        0x1D0
        0x219
        0x21A
        0x21F
        0x230
        0x231
        0x232
        0x233
        0x234
        0x235
        0x236
        0x237
        0x238
        0x239
        0x23A
        0x23B
        0x23C
        0x23D
        0x23F
        0x240
        0x241
        0x243
        0x244
        0x245
        0x246
        0x247
        0x248
        0x249
        0x24A
        0x24B
        0x24D
        0x24E
        0x24F
        0x250
        0x251
        0x252
        0x253
        0x254
        0x255
        0x256
        0x257
        0x258
        0x259
        0x25B
        0x25E
        0x263
        0x264
        0x265
        0x266
        0x267
        0x268
        0x269
        0x26A
        0x26B
        0x26C
        0x26D
        0x26E
        0x26F
        0x270
        0x271
        0x272
        0x273
        0x274
        0x275
        0x276
        0x278
        0x27A
        0x27B
        0x27C
        0x27D
        0x27E
        0x27F
        0x280
        0x281
        0x282
        0x283
        0x284
        0x285
        0x286
        0x287
        0x288
        0x289
        0x28A
        0x28B
        0x28C
        0x28D
        0x290
        0x291
        0x292
        0x293
        0x294
        0x295
        0x296
        0x297
        0x298
        0x29A
        0x29B
        0x29C
        0x29D
        0x29E
        0x29F
        0x2A0
        0x2A1
        0x2A2
        0x2A3
        0x2A5
        0x2A6
        0x2BB
        0x2BC
        0x2BD
        0x2BE
        0x2BF
        0x2C0
        0x2C1
        0x2C2
        0x2C3
        0x2C4
        0x2C5
        0x2C6
        0x2C7
        0x2C8
        0x2C9
        0x2CA
        0x2CB
        0x2CC
        0x2CD
        0x2CE
        0x2CF
        0x2D0
        0x2D1
        0x2D2
        0x2D3
        0x2D4
        0x2D5
        0x2D6
        0x2D7
        0x2D8
        0x2D9
        0x2DA
        0x2DB
        0x2DC
        0x2DD
        0x2E1
        0x2E2
        0x2E3
        0x2E4
        0x2E5
        0x2EC
        0x2ED
        0x2EE
        0x2EF
        0x2F0
        0x2F1
        0x2F2
        0x2F3
        0x2F4
        0x2F5
        0x2F6
        0x2F7
        0x2F8
        0x2F9
        0x2FA
        0x2FB
        0x2FC
        0x2FD
        0x2FE
        0x2FF
        0x4B0
        0x4B1
        0x4B2
        0x4B3
        0x4B4
        0x4B5
        0x4B6
        0x4B7
        0x4B8
        0x4B9
        0x4BA
        0x4BB
        0x4BC
        0x805
        0x807
        0x820
        0x821
        0x822
        0x823
        0x824
        0x825
        0x826
        0x827
        0x828
        0x829
        0x82C
        0x82D
        0x82F
        0x830
        0x834
        0x83E
        0x841
        0x842
        0x844
        0x845
        0x846
        0x847
        0x848
        0x849
        0x84A
        0x84B
        0x890
        0x891
        0x892
        0x893
        0x894
        0x895
        0x896
        0x897
        0x898
        0x899
        0x89A
        0x89B
        0x89C
        0x89D
        0x89E
        0x89F
        0x8A0
        0x8A1
        0x8A2
        0x8A3
        0x8A4
        0x8A5
        0x8A6
        0x8A7
        0x8A8
        0x8A9
        0x8AA
        0x8AB
        0x8AC
        0x8AD
        0x8AE
        0x8AF
        0x8B0
        0x8B1
        0x8B2
        0x8B3
        0x8B4
        0x8B5
        0x8B6
        0x8B7
        0x8B8
        0x8B9
        0x8BA
        0x8BB
        0x8BC
        0x8BD
        0x8BE
        0x8BF
        0x8C0
        0x8C1
        0x8C2
        __________________
        Paired to and madly in love with a literal Symphony of legs.


        I also watch anime sometimes. Just a little.
          #22307    
        Old July 30th, 2012 (9:45 AM).
        MrElephant's Avatar
        MrElephant MrElephant is offline
        Pokemon Researcher
           
          Join Date: Oct 2011
          Location: United States
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Serious
          Posts: 77
          Thanks for all of that. If there was a rating system I would give you a 10. I have had to restart my game over 20 times because of that
          __________________
          Trying to find time to mod

          Lets see I like modding

          Dragon Warrior, Lego Racers, Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Mario Racing, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and Banjo.
            #22308    
          Old July 30th, 2012 (1:19 PM).
          DarkPsychic's Avatar
          DarkPsychic DarkPsychic is offline
             
            Join Date: Jul 2012
            Location: CO
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Timid
            Posts: 132
            Thank you. you at least gave me a direction to start heading in and that is much apriciated, I just got visual c# 2010 express studio and was woundering if I must get visual basic as well?
              #22309    
            Old July 30th, 2012 (1:42 PM).
            shinyabsol1's Avatar
            shinyabsol1 shinyabsol1 is offline
            Pokemon DarkJasper!?
               
              Join Date: Aug 2010
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Calm
              Posts: 330
              I have a question regarding new voicegroups. How many instruments can I make a new voicegroup play? I read that voicegroups have 128 voices...but none of the groups in FR use that many. Instead, they range from having 1 or 2 to having 12+! Can somebody explain to me how this works?
                #22310    
              Old July 30th, 2012 (3:46 PM).
              Jambo51's Avatar
              Jambo51 Jambo51 is offline
              Glory To Arstotzka
                 
                Join Date: Jun 2009
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Quiet
                Posts: 732
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by DarkPsychic View Post
                Thank you. you at least gave me a direction to start heading in and that is much apriciated, I just got visual c# 2010 express studio and was woundering if I must get visual basic as well?
                You're welcome. You don't NEED VB, per sé, it's just the most ROM hacking supported one, if that makes sense. People have created plenty of libraries for it which take care of the nasty hex editing aspects and the reverse hexing of numbers. You can do all the same with C#, you just won't have the luxury of having those libraries available.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by shinyabsol1 View Post
                I have a question regarding new voicegroups. How many instruments can I make a new voicegroup play? I read that voicegroups have 128 voices...but none of the groups in FR use that many. Instead, they range from having 1 or 2 to having 12+! Can somebody explain to me how this works?
                A voicegroup can support 128 voices. It doesn't need to have 128 voices though, it can have as few as you like. Just ensure that any "empty" voices are filled with a square instrument. In terms of synchronous playing of music, FR supports 5 direct tracks, 3 synth tracks (squares 1 and 2 and wave) and 2 noise tracks (instruments 126 and 127 in FR VGs usually).

                Any more than this and the ROM will chop off certain notes on certain tracks when playing. It is possible to extend that number of tracks to a maximum of twelve, although I don't have the information to hand.
                __________________
                Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
                  #22311    
                Old July 30th, 2012 (4:02 PM).
                redriders180's Avatar
                redriders180 redriders180 is offline
                Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
                   
                  Join Date: Jun 2010
                  Location: Path of Victory, Tunod
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Quirky
                  Posts: 540
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
                  A voicegroup can support 128 voices. It doesn't need to have 128 voices though, it can have as few as you like. Just ensure that any "empty" voices are filled with a square instrument. In terms of synchronous playing of music, FR supports 5 direct tracks, 3 synth tracks (squares 1 and 2 and wave) and 2 noise tracks (instruments 126 and 127 in FR VGs usually).

                  Any more than this and the ROM will chop off certain notes on certain tracks when playing. It is possible to extend that number of tracks to a maximum of twelve, although I don't have the information to hand.
                  I didn't ask the original question, but I'd like to ask a follow-up question. I know pretty much nothing about music hacking, and I recently got a copy of the voicegroup with every instrument in it from the resources thread. But what confuses me is WHY Gamefreak didn't just make one voicegroup with all instruments in the first place? Additionally, with a voice group with all instruments, does that mean I could insert basically any songs in my ROM, within reason? It just seems too good to be true, and I wanna make sure I understand what I'm doing.
                  __________________


                  I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.


                    #22312    
                  Old July 30th, 2012 (4:44 PM).
                  shinyabsol1's Avatar
                  shinyabsol1 shinyabsol1 is offline
                  Pokemon DarkJasper!?
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2010
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Calm
                    Posts: 330
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Jambo51
                    A voicegroup can support 128 voices. It doesn't need to have 128 voices though, it can have as few as you like. Just ensure that any "empty" voices are filled with a square instrument. In terms of synchronous playing of music, FR supports 5 direct tracks, 3 synth tracks (squares 1 and 2 and wave) and 2 noise tracks (instruments 126 and 127 in FR VGs usually).

                    Any more than this and the ROM will chop off certain notes on certain tracks when playing. It is possible to extend that number of tracks to a maximum of twelve, although I don't have the information to hand.
                    Ok, this all makes sense. Thank you. Just wondering, but what would happen if I didn't fill in the "empty" voices with a square instrument?

                    Also, on a slightly different subject, I ported a couple of songs from RSE to FR (I made a new voice group for each), and they both sounded great in sappy, but when I tested them in-game one of the songs was missing its first track as it played. It played fine before I inserted the second song/voicegroup. Any idea what could have gone wrong?

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by redriders180
                    I didn't ask the original question, but I'd like to ask a follow-up question. I know pretty much nothing about music hacking, and I recently got a copy of the voicegroup with every instrument in it from the resources thread. But what confuses me is WHY Gamefreak didn't just make one voicegroup with all instruments in the first place? Additionally, with a voice group with all instruments, does that mean I could insert basically any songs in my ROM, within reason? It just seems too good to be true, and I wanna make sure I understand what I'm doing.
                    This is exactly why I asked my original question in the first place. Why have all the different voicegroups if you can just have one with all? As you say, it just seems too easy and too good to be true.
                      #22313    
                    Old July 30th, 2012 (7:24 PM).
                    Pinta77's Avatar
                    Pinta77 Pinta77 is offline
                    Swadloon Trainer
                    • Silver Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Nov 2008
                    Location: San Jose
                    Age: 22
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 703
                    I need a script for pokemon ruby that will force the player to hop on the mach bike. Anyone know how to do that?
                      #22314    
                    Old July 30th, 2012 (7:26 PM).
                    YogiBerra YogiBerra is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Oct 2010
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 48
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by amcolash View Post
                      For this, you must change the flying data and healing locations. I have not had too much success with this, but here is a tutorial on the subject. Good luck!
                      That tutorial didn't really help me much. I just need to change the coordinates at which the player spawns and the message that plays when the player spawns. I have changed the map that the player spawns at, so currently it spawns in the player's room (the correct map) but in the position where he would spawn at the first floor of his house, and it plays the text that Mom says after you spawn. Something along the lines of "Mom: Here, let me restore your Pokemon to full health. Good luck and take care sweetie." or whatever. I just want it to say, "That was a close one [player], get your head in the game!" or something like that, whatever. I don't know where the pointer to the text is, nor can I figure out where the coordinates are set.
                        #22315    
                      Old July 31st, 2012 (6:20 AM).
                      AnAutisticCat AnAutisticCat is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Jul 2012
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 1
                        Hi,

                        Sorry for the newbish question, but I'm quite new at pokemon modding, and I can't find it.

                        Is there a program allowing you to modify the NPC's text and the trades / to add NPC for Black and White ?
                        As I'm a beginner at this I'd be very interested in it since I don't know anything about scripting and I didn't even found how to visualize them, lol :p

                        Sorry for my english. Have a nice day,

                        AAC.
                          #22316    
                        Old July 31st, 2012 (8:09 AM). Edited July 31st, 2012 by LugiaMZ.
                        LugiaMZ's Avatar
                        LugiaMZ LugiaMZ is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Dec 2011
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 74
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
                          2. In NSE, go to Option > Bookmarks > View Bookmarks. Then, click the + next to "Landscape" Click "Grass", then "Open". You can now use NSE to edit the grass

                          3. Begin by setting variable 0x8004 to either 0x8D or 0x8E. Then set variable 0x8005 for the X-Coordinate, and variable 0x8006 for the Y-coordinate. The use special 0x18B. Special 0x18C will make the picture go away.
                          2)3) Thanks, I cleared.

                          Now I have a Map Script problem.

                          4) I create a map script to show the ship started to gone. For example:

                          When I get in the ship, the map script is activate, for my map script I used the setvar 0x5000 0x1 for this map script before.

                          #dynamic 0x800000
                          #org @talk
                          setvar 0x5000 0x0002
                          warpmuted 0x1 0x7 0xFF 0x20 0x0F
                          release
                          end

                          I need to warpmuted to a dock and load the map script to show the ship is gone. For my map script:

                          #dynamic 0x800000
                          #org @script
                          applymovement 0xFF @hide
                          waitmovement 0x0
                          applymovement 0x1 @gone
                          waitmovement 0x0
                          setvar 0x5000 0x3
                          warpmuted 0x1 0x4 0xFF 0x20 0x07
                          release
                          end
                          #org @hide
                          #raw 0x60
                          #raw 0xFE
                          #org @ride
                          #raw 0xA
                          #raw 0xA
                          #raw 0xA
                          #raw 0xA
                          #raw 0xA
                          #raw 0xA
                          #raw 0xA
                          #raw 0xA
                          #raw 0xFE

                          The person event no.1 is for the ship. Then I warpmuted back inside the it appeared the text box and unknown word. I pressed A button it dissapeared and appeared and repeat and repeat. For example:



                          How to fix this problem?

                          EDIT: I already setvar, the map script flag inside the ship is 5000 and value is 0001 and at the dock value is 0002.

                          Thanks.

                          PS: Sorry for my bad english.
                          Attached Images
                          File Type: png Pokemon.png‎ (3.1 KB, 151 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                            #22317    
                          Old July 31st, 2012 (8:16 AM).
                          Jambo51's Avatar
                          Jambo51 Jambo51 is offline
                          Glory To Arstotzka
                             
                            Join Date: Jun 2009
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Quiet
                            Posts: 732
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by shinyabsol1 View Post
                            It played fine before I inserted the second song/voicegroup. Any idea what could have gone wrong?
                            Not really, sorry.

                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by shinyabsol1 View Post
                            This is exactly why I asked my original question in the first place. Why have all the different voicegroups if you can just have one with all? As you say, it just seems too easy and too good to be true.
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
                            I didn't ask the original question, but I'd like to ask a follow-up question. I know pretty much nothing about music hacking, and I recently got a copy of the voicegroup with every instrument in it from the resources thread. But what confuses me is WHY Gamefreak didn't just make one voicegroup with all instruments in the first place? Additionally, with a voice group with all instruments, does that mean I could insert basically any songs in my ROM, within reason? It just seems too good to be true, and I wanna make sure I understand what I'm doing.
                            The answer is simple enough. Direct Instruments in the Gen 3 ROMs have effects which can be applied to them. Examples of such effects are fade (how quickly the note fades to 0) or how loud the original sample is played at.

                            They wanted to vary these effects, evidently without having to use differing slots for the varying effects, so they put in more than 1 VG.
                            __________________
                            Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
                              #22318    
                            Old July 31st, 2012 (10:13 AM). Edited July 31st, 2012 by raging-inferno-1986.
                            raging-inferno-1986 raging-inferno-1986 is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Jul 2012
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 21
                              I have replaced the script (the whole thing) where Prof. Oak says '"OAK: Now, [player].\pInside those ..." but now I can't activate the script where you choose your starter. How do i fix this?

                              Thanks.
                                #22319    
                              Old July 31st, 2012 (11:44 AM).
                              Eggy0 Eggy0 is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Jul 2012
                                Gender: Female
                                Posts: 3
                                I didn't want to look through 500+ pages to search for my answer, and if there's the answer for my question, please point me to it.
                                How do you make it for a specific pokemon trainer to have his/her own battle music?(as in a battle music different from other trainers, like the gym leaders and the champion.)
                                I will include as much info as I can; I have Pokemon Fire Red and I use PKSV.(just in case if different battle music requires scripting) By using Sappy, I found the Pokemon R/S/E gym leader battle music inside of Pokemon Fire Red, and I wish to use that as the battle music for my character, but I don't know how to do that.
                                  #22320    
                                Old July 31st, 2012 (1:05 PM).
                                shinyabsol1's Avatar
                                shinyabsol1 shinyabsol1 is offline
                                Pokemon DarkJasper!?
                                   
                                  Join Date: Aug 2010
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Calm
                                  Posts: 330
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Eggy0
                                  I didn't want to look through 500+ pages to search for my answer, and if there's the answer for my question, please point me to it.
                                  How do you make it for a specific pokemon trainer to have his/her own battle music?(as in a battle music different from other trainers, like the gym leaders and the champion.)
                                  I will include as much info as I can; I have Pokemon Fire Red and I use PKSV.(just in case if different battle music requires scripting) By using Sappy, I found the Pokemon R/S/E gym leader battle music inside of Pokemon Fire Red, and I wish to use that as the battle music for my character, but I don't know how to do that.
                                  You need ASM to do that. Mastermind X has done this, and you can read about it here:

                                  http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=157294
                                    #22321    
                                  Old July 31st, 2012 (1:18 PM).
                                  FrozenInfernoZX's Avatar
                                  FrozenInfernoZX FrozenInfernoZX is offline
                                  What is out there?
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jun 2012
                                    Location: United States
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Adamant
                                    Posts: 769
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
                                    Here's a list of the ones that are already being used:
                                    Spoiler:
                                    0x1
                                    0x2
                                    0x3
                                    0x4
                                    0x5
                                    0x6
                                    0x2B
                                    0x2C
                                    0x2E
                                    0x2F
                                    0x30
                                    0x31
                                    0x32
                                    0x33
                                    0x34
                                    0x35
                                    0x36
                                    0x37
                                    0x39
                                    0x3D
                                    0x3E
                                    0x3F
                                    0x40
                                    0x41
                                    0x42
                                    0x43
                                    0x44
                                    0x45
                                    0x46
                                    0x47
                                    0x48
                                    0x49
                                    0x4A
                                    0x4B
                                    0x4C
                                    0x4D
                                    0x50
                                    0x52
                                    0x54
                                    0x58
                                    0x59
                                    0x5C
                                    0x5D
                                    0x5F
                                    0x62
                                    0x63
                                    0x64
                                    0x65
                                    0x66
                                    0x67
                                    0x68
                                    0x69
                                    0x6A
                                    0x6B
                                    0x72
                                    0x75
                                    0x7A
                                    0x7B
                                    0x7C
                                    0x7D
                                    0x7E
                                    0x80
                                    0x81
                                    0x82
                                    0x84
                                    0x85
                                    0x86
                                    0x88
                                    0x8B
                                    0x8C
                                    0x8D
                                    0x8E
                                    0x91
                                    0x92
                                    0x93
                                    0x94
                                    0x95
                                    0x96
                                    0x97
                                    0x98
                                    0x99
                                    0x9A
                                    0x9B
                                    0x9C
                                    0x9E
                                    0x9F
                                    0xA0
                                    0xA1
                                    0xA2
                                    0xAA
                                    0xAD
                                    0xAE
                                    0xB1
                                    0xB2
                                    0xB3
                                    0xB4
                                    0xD5
                                    0xD6
                                    0xD7
                                    0xDC
                                    0xEA
                                    0x109
                                    0x10A
                                    0x10B
                                    0x118
                                    0x119
                                    0x11A
                                    0x11B
                                    0x120
                                    0x121
                                    0x124
                                    0x125
                                    0x126
                                    0x127
                                    0x128
                                    0x129
                                    0x142
                                    0x143
                                    0x144
                                    0x163
                                    0x16A
                                    0x16E
                                    0x16F
                                    0x188
                                    0x189
                                    0x190
                                    0x191
                                    0x192
                                    0x1A7
                                    0x1A8
                                    0x1B6
                                    0x1B7
                                    0x1B8
                                    0x1CE
                                    0x1CF
                                    0x1D0
                                    0x219
                                    0x21A
                                    0x21F
                                    0x230
                                    0x231
                                    0x232
                                    0x233
                                    0x234
                                    0x235
                                    0x236
                                    0x237
                                    0x238
                                    0x239
                                    0x23A
                                    0x23B
                                    0x23C
                                    0x23D
                                    0x23F
                                    0x240
                                    0x241
                                    0x243
                                    0x244
                                    0x245
                                    0x246
                                    0x247
                                    0x248
                                    0x249
                                    0x24A
                                    0x24B
                                    0x24D
                                    0x24E
                                    0x24F
                                    0x250
                                    0x251
                                    0x252
                                    0x253
                                    0x254
                                    0x255
                                    0x256
                                    0x257
                                    0x258
                                    0x259
                                    0x25B
                                    0x25E
                                    0x263
                                    0x264
                                    0x265
                                    0x266
                                    0x267
                                    0x268
                                    0x269
                                    0x26A
                                    0x26B
                                    0x26C
                                    0x26D
                                    0x26E
                                    0x26F
                                    0x270
                                    0x271
                                    0x272
                                    0x273
                                    0x274
                                    0x275
                                    0x276
                                    0x278
                                    0x27A
                                    0x27B
                                    0x27C
                                    0x27D
                                    0x27E
                                    0x27F
                                    0x280
                                    0x281
                                    0x282
                                    0x283
                                    0x284
                                    0x285
                                    0x286
                                    0x287
                                    0x288
                                    0x289
                                    0x28A
                                    0x28B
                                    0x28C
                                    0x28D
                                    0x290
                                    0x291
                                    0x292
                                    0x293
                                    0x294
                                    0x295
                                    0x296
                                    0x297
                                    0x298
                                    0x29A
                                    0x29B
                                    0x29C
                                    0x29D
                                    0x29E
                                    0x29F
                                    0x2A0
                                    0x2A1
                                    0x2A2
                                    0x2A3
                                    0x2A5
                                    0x2A6
                                    0x2BB
                                    0x2BC
                                    0x2BD
                                    0x2BE
                                    0x2BF
                                    0x2C0
                                    0x2C1
                                    0x2C2
                                    0x2C3
                                    0x2C4
                                    0x2C5
                                    0x2C6
                                    0x2C7
                                    0x2C8
                                    0x2C9
                                    0x2CA
                                    0x2CB
                                    0x2CC
                                    0x2CD
                                    0x2CE
                                    0x2CF
                                    0x2D0
                                    0x2D1
                                    0x2D2
                                    0x2D3
                                    0x2D4
                                    0x2D5
                                    0x2D6
                                    0x2D7
                                    0x2D8
                                    0x2D9
                                    0x2DA
                                    0x2DB
                                    0x2DC
                                    0x2DD
                                    0x2E1
                                    0x2E2
                                    0x2E3
                                    0x2E4
                                    0x2E5
                                    0x2EC
                                    0x2ED
                                    0x2EE
                                    0x2EF
                                    0x2F0
                                    0x2F1
                                    0x2F2
                                    0x2F3
                                    0x2F4
                                    0x2F5
                                    0x2F6
                                    0x2F7
                                    0x2F8
                                    0x2F9
                                    0x2FA
                                    0x2FB
                                    0x2FC
                                    0x2FD
                                    0x2FE
                                    0x2FF
                                    0x4B0
                                    0x4B1
                                    0x4B2
                                    0x4B3
                                    0x4B4
                                    0x4B5
                                    0x4B6
                                    0x4B7
                                    0x4B8
                                    0x4B9
                                    0x4BA
                                    0x4BB
                                    0x4BC
                                    0x805
                                    0x807
                                    0x820
                                    0x821
                                    0x822
                                    0x823
                                    0x824
                                    0x825
                                    0x826
                                    0x827
                                    0x828
                                    0x829
                                    0x82C
                                    0x82D
                                    0x82F
                                    0x830
                                    0x834
                                    0x83E
                                    0x841
                                    0x842
                                    0x844
                                    0x845
                                    0x846
                                    0x847
                                    0x848
                                    0x849
                                    0x84A
                                    0x84B
                                    0x890
                                    0x891
                                    0x892
                                    0x893
                                    0x894
                                    0x895
                                    0x896
                                    0x897
                                    0x898
                                    0x899
                                    0x89A
                                    0x89B
                                    0x89C
                                    0x89D
                                    0x89E
                                    0x89F
                                    0x8A0
                                    0x8A1
                                    0x8A2
                                    0x8A3
                                    0x8A4
                                    0x8A5
                                    0x8A6
                                    0x8A7
                                    0x8A8
                                    0x8A9
                                    0x8AA
                                    0x8AB
                                    0x8AC
                                    0x8AD
                                    0x8AE
                                    0x8AF
                                    0x8B0
                                    0x8B1
                                    0x8B2
                                    0x8B3
                                    0x8B4
                                    0x8B5
                                    0x8B6
                                    0x8B7
                                    0x8B8
                                    0x8B9
                                    0x8BA
                                    0x8BB
                                    0x8BC
                                    0x8BD
                                    0x8BE
                                    0x8BF
                                    0x8C0
                                    0x8C1
                                    0x8C2
                                    In addition to that question. Which flags and vars access the RAM?
                                    Would it matter if I'm using JPAN Hacked Engine?
                                    __________________

                                    Current Live Update: Build 3.0 RC 2.73 No more Flag Errors!
                                    Always periodically make backup saves!
                                      #22322    
                                    Old July 31st, 2012 (5:41 PM).
                                    redriders180's Avatar
                                    redriders180 redriders180 is offline
                                    Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jun 2010
                                      Location: Path of Victory, Tunod
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Quirky
                                      Posts: 540
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by FrozenInfernoZX View Post


                                      In addition to that question. Which flags and vars access the RAM?
                                      Would it matter if I'm using JPAN Hacked Engine?
                                      All flags and variables access the RAM. There isn't any place that it COULD be written to...the ROM is read-only, meaning you couldn't write things like flags and variables to it.

                                      If you need to know specific addresses, all variables besides the 0x8000-0x800F range are in dynamically-placed addresses. I don't know about flags, though...
                                      __________________


                                      I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.


                                        #22323    
                                      Old July 31st, 2012 (11:56 PM).
                                      DarkOfWolf's Avatar
                                      DarkOfWolf DarkOfWolf is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jul 2012
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 5
                                        In which program I can use to cause the player start the game somewhere else instead his room? (FR)
                                        Thank you.
                                          #22324    
                                        Old August 1st, 2012 (12:49 AM).
                                        tajaros's Avatar
                                        tajaros tajaros is offline
                                        Hi I'm dawg
                                           
                                          Join Date: Apr 2012
                                          Location: Philippines
                                          Age: 18
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Timid
                                          Posts: 857
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by DarkOfWolf View Post
                                          In which program I can use to cause the player start the game somewhere else instead his room? (FR)
                                          Thank you.
                                          You can use SMCA or Start Map Chooser Editor!

                                          Here's a link to that in Hackmew's toolbox... http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=85025

                                          xD
                                          __________________
                                            #22325    
                                          Old August 1st, 2012 (3:24 AM).
                                          DarkOfWolf's Avatar
                                          DarkOfWolf DarkOfWolf is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Jul 2012
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Posts: 5
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by tajaros View Post


                                            You can use SMCA or Start Map Chooser Editor!

                                            Here's a link to that in Hackmew's toolbox...

                                            xD

                                            Thank you very much !
                                            One last question : inside the program "SMCA" where's FR\LG Extra i can put only the X value instead of X\Y like the R\S\E's values...
                                            So now i do not know how to place the player in the map with X value only...
                                            Can you help me?
                                            Closed Thread
                                            Quick Reply

                                            Sponsored Links
                                            Thread Tools

                                            Posting Rules
                                            You may not post new threads
                                            You may not post replies
                                            You may not post attachments
                                            You may not edit your posts

                                            BB code is On
                                            Smilies are On
                                            [IMG] code is On
                                            HTML code is Off

                                            Forum Jump


                                            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:39 PM.