ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread

Old August 7th, 2012 (5:10 PM).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Darthatron View Post
    Trying reading this helpful thread:

That thread didn't help at all. Sorry. And i can't quote all of that cuz of the 15 posts rule.

Relevant Advertising!

Old August 7th, 2012 (5:45 PM).
    Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Nate VonGrimm View Post
      So I am returning to my old hack which I haven't worked on in almost 10 months and I came across an error on Advance Map while trying to view my scripts.

Spoiler:
      (EProcess) Failed to execute C: \Users\Nate VonGrimm\Documents\PokeHack\Pokemon Editor\Editors\Script Editor\XSE\XSE.exe Pokemon - Ruby Version (USA).gba:80160E : 193

At first, Advance Map wouldn't accept XSE as the script editor until I edited the .ini file for XSE as it's path was still directed to it's old location (I moved my entire PokéHack project along with any files and programs associated with it to a new location on my PC). After that, A-Map accepted XSE but refuses to load it when I try to view scripts.
      A-Map and XSE used to work perfectly together until I moved all the files to a new location.

Does this have anything to do with why A-Map is being stubborn?
      Did you try opening A-Map, and go to Settings > Choose script editor...? That's the proper way to do it, so you shouldn't have any bugs.

I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.

Old August 7th, 2012 (5:48 PM).
      Banned

Nature: Sassy
        Where can I find a list of the numbers for RUBY specials + fanfares + MultichoiceID's? Most of the info out there is for FR, so it would help if there was a list for those 3 things.
        Old August 7th, 2012 (5:50 PM).
        Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Ph3nom3nal View Post
          That thread didn't help at all. Sorry. And i can't quote all of that cuz of the 15 posts rule.
          Wanna play hacks? First you need an emulator.. (eg. VBA/NO$GBA)

Then you need to download a patching tool like LIPS and A-ptch cause all downloadable hacks here are on a patch...

But, In order to play you need a ROM, but, sorry ROM's are illegal just search them off google (eg FireRed, Ruby, Emerald, etc.) (You need to patch the Original ROM so that you will be able to play the hack) You can view the Original ROM in the thread name's(FireRed Hack: Pokemon Shinygold...etc.. )

Some patches are in .Zip or .rar files for that you need a tool like Winrar or 7-zip for extraction of files...

Or maybe search off some tutorials on Youtube and Google they'll help you a lot...
          Old August 7th, 2012 (5:54 PM). Edited August 7th, 2012 by redriders180.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by shinyabsol1 View Post
            How do you edit the palette of the grass battle background?

I just inserted a new background and I want to change the colors, but I can't seem to pinpoint where the colors are that I need to change. I read somewhere that the palette is stored at 00248405, but when I open that in APE, it doesn't look right and it tells me that it is not safe to edit. And if I ignore that warning and replace it anyways, it wrecks the battle background palette.

Any help with figuring this out would be greatly appreciated!
            The palettes for the grass backgrounds are stored in the most annoying way possible. If you open up palette 248405, you'll see roughly half of the colors in the battle background... 0000, FC73, D4eF, 903F, B553, 1F7C, DD7B, and 777B. Change the palette to 248408, however, and the second half magically appears! In this case, F84B, FC5F, B33B, D85F, 997B, 9A7B, BB7B, and DB6F. By switching between the two, you'll be able to edit the palette, although it's incredibly annoying.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by The_Show View Post
            Where can I find a list of the numbers for RUBY specials + fanfares + MultichoiceID's? Most of the info out there is for FR, so it would help if there was a list for those 3 things.
            I don't know about fanfares, but XSE has a list of Multichoices in it's help appendix, and a very limited list of specials (only a few). I'll list them here if you don't use XSE/don't want to dig around the help appendix (Courtest of Hackmew, Martin, and ZodiacDaGreat):

Spoiler:

0 = Petalburg/Slateport
            2 = Enter/Info/Cancel
            3 = What's contest/Types of Contest/Ranks/Cancel
            4 = Cool/Beauty/Cute/Smart/Tough/Cancel
            5 = Decoration/Pack-up/Cancel
            6 = Decoration/Pack-up/Registry/Cancel
            7 = Register/Registry/Information/Cancel
            C = Mach/Acro
            D = PSN/PAR/SLP/BRN/FRZ/Cancel
            E = Dewford/Cancel
            10 = Saw it/Not yet
            11 = Yes/No/Info
            12 = Single/Double/Multi/Cancel
            13 = Littleroot/Slateport/Lilycove
            14 = Yes/No/Info
            17 = Make Challenge/Obtain Info/Cancel
            18 = LV50/LV100/CANCEL
            19 = Zigzagoon/Poocheyena/Nincada
            1A = Nincada/Lotad/Roselia
            1B = Shroomish/Nincada/Surskit
            1C = Treecko/Torchic/Mudkip
            1D = Seedot/Shroomish/Spinda
            1E = Shroomish/Zigzagoon/Wurmple
            1F = PokeBall/Super Potion/Same Price
            20 = £135/£155/£175
            21 = Cost More/Cost Less/Same Price
            22 = Male/Female/Neither
            23 = males/females/same number
            24 = Male/Female/Depends
            25 = 6/8/10
            26 = 1/2/3
            27 = 6/7/8
            2A = FRESHWATER/SODAPOP/LEMONADE/CANCEL
            2B = How To Ride/How To Turn/Sandy Slopes/CANCEL
            2C = WHEELIES/BUNNY-HOPS/JUMPING/CANCEL
            2D = SATISFIED/DISSATISFIED
            2E = DEEPSEATOOTH/DEEPSEASCALE
            2F = BLUE FLUTE/YELLOW FLUTE/RED FLUTE/WHITE FLUTE/BLACK FLUTE/GLASS CHAIR/GLASS DESK/CANCEL
            30 = TREECKODOLL/TORCHICDOLL/MUDKIPDOLL/CANCEL
            31 = 50COINS/500COINS/CANCEL
            32 = EXCELLENT/NOTSOHOT
            34 = LILYCOVE/BATTLETOWER
            35 = SLATEPORT/LILYCOVE
            36 = RIGHT/LEFT
            37 = TM32/TM29/TM35/TM24/TM13/CANCEL
            38 = SLATEPORT/BATTLETOWER
            39 = 1F/2F/3F/4F/5F
            3A = REDSHARD/CANCEL
            3B = YELLOWSHARD/CANCEL
            3C = REDSHARD/YELLOWSHARD/CANCEL
            3D = BLUESHARD/CANCEL
            3E = REDSHARD/BLUESHARD/CANCEL
            3F = YELLOWSHARD/BLUESHARD/CANCEL
            40 = REDSHARD/YELLOWSHARD/BLUESHARD/CANCEL
            41 = GREENSHARD/CANCEL
            42 = REDSHARD/GREENSHARD/CANCEL
            43 = YELLOWSHARD/GREEMSHARD/CANCEL
            44 = REDSHARD/YELLOWSHARD/GREENSHARD/CANCEL
            45 = BLUESHARD/GREENSHARD/CANCEL
            46 = REDSHARD/BLUESHARD/GREENSHARD/CANCEL
            47 = YELLOWSHARD/GREENSHARD/BLUESHARD/CANCEL
            48 = REDSHARD/YELLOWSHARD/BLUESHARD/GREENSHARD/CANCEL

Old August 7th, 2012 (6:35 PM).

Well that would make sense, thanks tajaros. Is there any way to start with the national dex?
              Old August 7th, 2012 (7:11 PM).
              Pokemon DarkJasper!?

Nature: Calm
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by redriders180
                The palettes for the grass backgrounds are stored in the most annoying way possible. If you open up palette 248405, you'll see roughly half of the colors in the battle background... 0000, FC73, D4eF, 903F, B553, 1F7C, DD7B, and 777B. Change the palette to 248408, however, and the second half magically appears! In this case, F84B, FC5F, B33B, D85F, 997B, 9A7B, BB7B, and DB6F. By switching between the two, you'll be able to edit the palette, although it's incredibly annoying.
                Wow, that is incredibly annoying! And I would do it that way but...

...since I posted my initial question, I actually found a palette at 00248400 (an LZ77 Compressed Palette) which has all the colors for the grass battle background in it, and it seems to work fine for changing the colors.

Do you know if there is any difference between editing this palette and the other two you mentioned?
                Old August 7th, 2012 (7:35 PM).
                Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by ectyrant View Post
                  Well that would make sense, thanks tajaros. Is there any way to start with the national dex?
                  Yes, but it will be through scripting...

you have to set this flag with the following special
                  Quote:
                  setflag 0x829 <- Enables the Pokedex Menu
                  special 0x16F <- Enables the National Dex in the Pokedex...
                  Here's an example script that'll give you the Pokedex with the National Dex Activated..

Quote:
                  #dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
                  lock
                  faceplayer
                  checkflag 0x829
                  if 0x1 goto @how
                  msgbox @glad 0x6
                  fanfare 0x101
                  preparemsg @receive
                  waitmsg
                  waitfanfare
                  msgbox @take 0x6
                  setflag 0x829
                  special 0x16F
                  release
                  end

#org @how
                  msgbox @is 0x6
                  release
                  end

#org @glad
                  = Proffessor: Oh, \v\h01!\pGlad you made it here, you really\nseem to be growing with your\lPokémon.\p\v\h01: Yeah, were best buddies!\pProffessor: Great!\pAnd because, of that I would like\nyou to have this!\p\v\h01: What's that?\pProffessor: It's a Pokédex with\nthe updated data.\pUse it wisely.

#org @receive
                  = \v\h01 received the Pokédex from\nProffessor.

#org @take
                  = \v\h01: Woah, thanks Proffessor\nthis is really cool!\pProffessor: Maybe I should give\nyou a brief tutorial on how to use\lit...\p\v\h01: Ok, I'm listening...\pProffessor: Ok, when you met a\nPokémon in a battle or in wild.\pIt automatically records it, but\nyou need to capture it to obtain\lfull data.\pFor that you need Poké Balls, you\ncan buy those in a nearby Poké\lMart.\p\v\h01: Woah, this is really handy\nthanks Proffessor!\pProffessor: Ok, please take care.\pBe your very best!\p\v\h01: Ok, Proffessor I'll sure\nwill.

#org @is
                  = Proffessor: Is my Pokédex helping\nyou on your journey?
                  Hope this helps...
                  Old August 7th, 2012 (10:01 PM).

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by shinyabsol1 View Post
                    Wow, that is incredibly annoying! And I would do it that way but...

...since I posted my initial question, I actually found a palette at 00248400 (an LZ77 Compressed Palette) which has all the colors for the grass battle background in it, and it seems to work fine for changing the colors.

Do you know if there is any difference between editing this palette and the other two you mentioned?
                    It's possible they both do the same thing, but I'm not 100% sure on that. But I just tried your offset, and it works fine, changed the colors and everything. I guess the guy who wrote that tutorial might've been mistaken about the offset.

Old August 8th, 2012 (2:03 AM).
                    Has a tendency to figure things out

Is it currently possible to give newly created attacks the effect of lowering the stats of the user without toying with battle scripting? The attack editor on PGE doesn't list them.

Also, no need to answer my last question, I found a way. xD
                      Old August 8th, 2012 (1:09 PM). Edited August 8th, 2012 by leogrecchi.

Question: Is it possible to edit the characters used in a rom?

By "characters" I mean things like the pokeyen symbol, or foreign characters like "è" "á" or "ç". I want to replace some of these, but don't know where to start messing with. Help?

edit: I know it's possible, Light Platinum did that, at least in the Portuguese version.
                        Old August 8th, 2012 (2:42 PM). Edited August 8th, 2012 by SpadeEdge16.

I'm a bit confused with something. First i just need to know, how do you fill out the trainerbattle command on XSE? i get the type of battle and the pointers, but what would i be putting in "battle # to start" and "reserved"?
                          And now my main concern
                          on the script for this trainer battle, its the rival battle in the beginning
                          the script i made links to three different battles because the rival can potentially have three different pokemon. But i can do that, right? cause if my script cant lead to the other trainer battles, then ill have to break down the script i made into smaller chunks, which this one has alreayd taken long enough....
                          Also, how do i make the rival sprite not be there BEFORE the event happens? cause i already know how to make them disappear after.

Sorry for the double post, but i had another question.
                          How do I make videos of my gameplay? cause I have a problem with my script and and i wanted to post it on the script help thread.
                          Old August 8th, 2012 (5:27 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by SpadeEdge16 View Post
                            I'm a bit confused with something. First i just need to know, how do you fill out the trainerbattle command on XSE? i get the type of battle and the pointers, but what would i be putting in "battle # to start" and "reserved"?
                            And now my main concern
                            on the script for this trainer battle, its the rival battle in the beginning
                            the script i made links to three different battles because the rival can potentially have three different pokemon. But i can do that, right? cause if my script cant lead to the other trainer battles, then ill have to break down the script i made into smaller chunks, which this one has alreayd taken long enough....
                            Also, how do i make the rival sprite not be there BEFORE the event happens? cause i already know how to make them disappear after.

How do I make videos of my gameplay? cause I have a problem with my script and and i wanted to post it on the script help thread.
                            1. Read this tutorial ----> http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276
                            It has info on every command and script there. Find the trainer battle section and follow that. (This question should really be in the 'Script Help' thread but no worries).

2. Look for screen capture software. There is plenty of freeware programs that record your screen. Hypercam is the biggest freeware so far. It's not great but it does what it's supposed to.

Old August 8th, 2012 (9:30 PM).
                            What is out there?

Nature: Adamant
                              Is it possible to extend Eevee's limit of five alternative evolutions to seven evolutions? Has something to do with limiters?

Current Live Update: Build 3.0 RC 2.73 No more Flag Errors!
                              Always periodically make backup saves!
                              Old August 9th, 2012 (12:05 AM).
                              Memento Mori
                              • Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by FrozenInfernoZX View Post
                              Is it possible to extend Eevee's limit of five alternative evolutions to seven evolutions? Has something to do with limiters?
                              Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work... III gen ROMs seem to have maximum of 5 evolutions and no more...
                              I don't know whether JPAN's patch has this limitation... you can try it for I think it's the only possibility for this to happen.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                              Old August 9th, 2012 (4:39 AM).
                              Super Geek

Hey,

Does anyone know of any hacks which contain Pokemon fusions (both sprite fusions and edited movesets at least?) and any hacks which contain good quality, convincing fakemon?

I have done a search but found very little. Thank you.
                                Old August 9th, 2012 (6:46 AM).
                                Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by SpadeEdge16 View Post
                                  VBA has built in video capture software. If you install the ffdshow video codec, the video and audio won't desync either.

It's under Tools -> Record -> Start AVI Recording
                                  Old August 9th, 2012 (7:04 AM).
                                  That one username That one username is offline

Nature: Impish
                                    HG/SS
                                    I have a rather rare question, about park balls, to be specific.
                                    If I capture a wild pokémon, as in one without a ball 'bound' to it, with a Park Ball, will it be ball-less or is there some sort of flag in play that will place it in a normal pokéball like in the case of hatching?

http://www.facebook.com/PokemonKnaveyOfficial
                                    Quote:
                                    Yes, we spelled it wrong. Oops.
                                    Old August 9th, 2012 (11:08 AM).
                                    Banned

Nature: Sassy
                                      To hack the multi choice commands in RUBY and change what they say, do I use A-text or do I have to hex edit?
                                      Old August 9th, 2012 (11:52 AM).
                                      • Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by The_Show View Post
                                      To hack the multi choice commands in RUBY and change what they say, do I use A-text or do I have to hex edit?
                                      You could use a hex editor, but I'd suggest using a script editor and editing the script that way.

I also watch anime sometimes. Just a little.
                                      Old August 9th, 2012 (1:42 PM).

Whenever I modify the game's code for inserting ASM routines, the palettes (for all graphics) get messed up, some maps get destroyed, the game crashes when going into battle, and A-trainer says "subscript out of range." All of this happens after even modifying just 10 bytes. (XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX) I tried the same stuff on a clean ROM, and I still got the same results.
                                        Old August 9th, 2012 (8:28 PM).

When I make a map in advance map and insert it, it always goes to Pallet Town. Then I cannot access either the events tab or the wild pokemon tab. Is there any way to change /fix these?
                                          Old August 9th, 2012 (8:46 PM).
                                          Spherical Ice Spherical Ice is online now
                                          • Crystal Tier

Inserting maps with AMap 1.9.5 is glitchy. Use 1.9.2 when you want to insert maps.
                                          Old August 9th, 2012 (9:03 PM).

Well that made a significant difference. Thank you
                                            Old August 10th, 2012 (6:21 AM).
                                            Eye of the Storm

Fakémon - Any Pokémon created for a hack that does not exist in the game which is being hacked.

Most hacks that I've seen around here involve Fakémon - sometimes all 386 catchable characters in the game are Fakémon, in fact. Do we have a list anywhere of hacks created that do NOT employ Fakémon? I am familiar with this thread. but many of these even have Fakémon in them. What I'd love to see is a new region, maybe a new story, etc. that uses the existing Pokémon and doesn't destroy what's already there. In other words, everything else is fair game (even evolutionary chains for those that evolve by trading normally), but just use the existing Pokémon. I make odd exceptions; for instance, I'm trying out Shining Opal where the starter is swapped with an experimental one from the lab (with special rules, such as it must remain in your party at all times), but all catchable Pokémon are otherwise the existing ones and this is the only Fakémon; something like that makes a good storyline.

So, if anyone can point to games that use only existing Pokémon, I am interested.

FTR, yes, adding Zorua or Rufflet (or so on) to Ruby/Emerald qualifies as Fakémon.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
                                              Breeder extraordinaire. Semi-competent battler.

Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

Closed Thread

Quick Reply