ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #23451    
Old January 6th, 2013 (11:16 AM).
Noossab Blue's Avatar
Noossab Blue Noossab Blue is offline
     
    Join Date: Dec 2012
    Location: USA
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Quirky
    Posts: 240
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
    As far as I know, this is already the case. Correct me if I'm wrong. If I am wrong, then it would be simple enough for any ASM hacker to add.
    What I read on Pokemon DB is that this effect wasn't added until Gen 4. This was backed up when my husband experienced a miss in game with blizzard in hail. As I am not an ASM hacker, would you direct me to someone who might be able to help?



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
    I have done this for LC and the 649 patch, so it's possible. Lemme dig up the ASM and instructions for how to do it. I'll edit this post and put it below.
    Thanks! I appreciate the help.
    __________________
    IGN: Anna/Noossab Blue
    3DS FC: 3196 3609 8450

    Thanks to SilverGrey for the awesome banner! Click to see!
    Current as of 1/31/14: I updated again!


    Relevant Advertising!

      #23452    
    Old January 6th, 2013 (9:05 PM).
    Aryan143's Avatar
    Aryan143 Aryan143 is offline
    The Fennekin Fan!
       
      Join Date: Jul 2012
      Location: Delhi, India
      Age: 17
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Modest
      Posts: 756
      Do anybody knows How to add Physical/Special Split to Pokemon Ruby?
      __________________
      Check out my gaming company:

        #23453    
      Old January 7th, 2013 (7:55 PM).
      MattyJ's Avatar
      MattyJ MattyJ is offline
      Serial Procrastinator
         
        Join Date: Apr 2012
        Location: Australia
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Brave
        Posts: 40
        Hey guys,
        A quick question. I'm trying to hack Seadra's evolution in FireRed, to not need an item/trade. I used the Pokemon Editor as part of the GBA Pokemon Game Editor Package, and changed the evolution to Level, at Level 50. However, I've got a Seadra to L50, and it goes to the "Seadra is evolving" screen, but then, this happens:


        And Seadra fails to evolve. I tried changing the evolution to Water Stone as well, and the same thing happened. Have I done something wrong? Have I missed something?
        __________________
        Pokemon Tragic. Own games from every generation. Love a good chat!
        ----------
        Watch this space!!
          #23454    
        Old January 7th, 2013 (8:28 PM).
        Aryan143's Avatar
        Aryan143 Aryan143 is offline
        The Fennekin Fan!
           
          Join Date: Jul 2012
          Location: Delhi, India
          Age: 17
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Modest
          Posts: 756
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by MattyJ View Post
          Hey guys,
          A quick question. I'm trying to hack Seadra's evolution in FireRed, to not need an item/trade. I used the Pokemon Editor as part of the GBA Pokemon Game Editor Package, and changed the evolution to Level, at Level 50. However, I've got a Seadra to L50, and it goes to the "Seadra is evolving" screen, but then, this happens:


          And Seadra fails to evolve. I tried changing the evolution to Water Stone as well, and the same thing happened. Have I done something wrong? Have I missed something?
          In Pokemon FireRed, you can only get pokemon other than the original 151 after you get the National Dex. If you really want Kingdra, directly hack in a Kingdra or use a code for getting the National Dex.
          __________________
          Check out my gaming company:

            #23455    
          Old January 7th, 2013 (8:44 PM).
          MattyJ's Avatar
          MattyJ MattyJ is offline
          Serial Procrastinator
             
            Join Date: Apr 2012
            Location: Australia
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Brave
            Posts: 40
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Aryan143 View Post
            In Pokemon FireRed, you can only get pokemon other than the original 151 after you get the National Dex. If you really want Kingdra, directly hack in a Kingdra or use a code for getting the National Dex.
            Ah! That explains the problem! Thank you!
            __________________
            Pokemon Tragic. Own games from every generation. Love a good chat!
            ----------
            Watch this space!!
              #23456    
            Old January 7th, 2013 (11:15 PM).
            Cerberus87's Avatar
            Cerberus87 Cerberus87 is offline
            Mega Houndoom, baby!
               
              Join Date: Jul 2012
              Location: Dream World
              Age: 29
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Lonely
              Posts: 1,671
              I'm trying to change items like Metal Coat, etc., to work as evolution stones in Fire Red. I've made all the checks with the necessary tools (changed Metal Coat's field effect, changed Onix's evolution...), and I also followed the instructions in the following posts:

              http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6745155&postcount=11
              http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7216463&postcount=37

              However, when I click on Onix to use the item, despite the fact it shows the health bar (meaning the item is compatible), the Pokémon doesn't evolve. I haven't been able to figure out why, so I've come here. How can I do it?
              __________________


              Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, the day Pokémon pulled a Dallas and jumped the shark.
                #23457    
              Old January 8th, 2013 (3:35 AM).
              karatekid552's Avatar
              karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
              What happens if I push it?....
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2012
                Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Bold
                Posts: 1,766
                Someone correct me of I'm wrong, but from what I've heard, there is a special table in the game that only allows the five stones to be directly used on a Pokemon to make it evolve, no matter what field effect you set on another one. I know that many people have been able to change this and I believe I came across a tutorial in the tutorials section on how to do it. So head over there and see if you can find it.
                __________________

                Paired with Simba
                  #23458    
                Old January 8th, 2013 (6:00 AM).
                Aryan143's Avatar
                Aryan143 Aryan143 is offline
                The Fennekin Fan!
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2012
                  Location: Delhi, India
                  Age: 17
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Modest
                  Posts: 756
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Cerberus87 View Post
                  I'm trying to change items like Metal Coat, etc., to work as evolution stones in Fire Red. I've made all the checks with the necessary tools (changed Metal Coat's field effect, changed Onix's evolution...), and I also followed the instructions in the following posts:

                  http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6745155&postcount=11
                  http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7216463&postcount=37

                  However, when I click on Onix to use the item, despite the fact it shows the health bar (meaning the item is compatible), the Pokémon doesn't evolve. I haven't been able to figure out why, so I've come here. How can I do it?
                  I have just answered it before but I will say it again. You need national dex before you can get pokemon other than the original 151 so Onix is not evolving because Steelix is from Gen 2.
                  __________________
                  Check out my gaming company:

                    #23459    
                  Old January 8th, 2013 (12:01 PM). Edited January 8th, 2013 by karatekid552.
                  karatekid552's Avatar
                  karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                  What happens if I push it?....
                     
                    Join Date: Nov 2012
                    Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Bold
                    Posts: 1,766
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Aryan143 View Post
                    I have just answered it before but I will say it again. You need national dex before you can get pokemon other than the original 151 so Onix is not evolving because Steelix is from Gen 2.
                    Aryan, no offence, but I believe this might be different. I tried to make my Rayquaza evolve into a Lugia with a newly created item and this exact thing happened on Ruby. I have a fully completed 370+ hr save file, with completed National Dex.

                    This thread is what I found earlier and what I was referring to as a tutorial, look for Jambo51's post.

                    Edit: Don't know why it deleted the link, here it is: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=258012
                    __________________

                    Paired with Simba
                      #23460    
                    Old January 8th, 2013 (3:13 PM).
                    Cerberus87's Avatar
                    Cerberus87 Cerberus87 is offline
                    Mega Houndoom, baby!
                       
                      Join Date: Jul 2012
                      Location: Dream World
                      Age: 29
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Lonely
                      Posts: 1,671
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Aryan143 View Post
                      I have just answered it before but I will say it again. You need national dex before you can get pokemon other than the original 151 so Onix is not evolving because Steelix is from Gen 2.
                      I have the National Dex.

                      When you don't have the National Dex and you try to evolve a Pokémon into a Johto one, it actually goes into the evolution screen but it blocks the evolution and displays a silent message. In my case, you can't actually use the item to make the Pokémon evolve.

                      @karatekid552: Jambo51's explanation was fine, but unfortunately I don't know the location of the table in the ROM to update it with other item data, so I'm a bit stuck... Probably needs ASM as well, which I'm not versed in.
                      __________________


                      Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, the day Pokémon pulled a Dallas and jumped the shark.
                        #23461    
                      Old January 8th, 2013 (4:17 PM).
                      ShikaG's Avatar
                      ShikaG ShikaG is offline
                      Shadow Seeker
                         
                        Join Date: Nov 2011
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Timid
                        Posts: 5
                        Is there any Full video tutorials on how to start scripting & making a game ? for beginners
                          #23462    
                        Old January 8th, 2013 (4:21 PM).
                        karatekid552's Avatar
                        karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                        What happens if I push it?....
                           
                          Join Date: Nov 2012
                          Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Bold
                          Posts: 1,766
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Cerberus87 View Post
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Aryan143 View Post
                          I have just answered it before but I will say it again. You need national dex before you can get pokemon other than the original 151 so Onix is not evolving because Steelix is from Gen 2.
                          I have the National Dex.

                          When you don't have the National Dex and you try to evolve a Pokémon into a Johto one, it actually goes into the evolution screen but it blocks the evolution and displays a silent message. In my case, you can't actually use the item to make the Pokémon evolve.

                          @karatekid552: Jambo51's explanation was fine, but unfortunately I don't know the location of the table in the ROM to update it with other item data, so I'm a bit stuck... Probably needs ASM as well, which I'm not versed in.

                          I know that someone knows the offset, because I have seen at least three hacks with the table changed. Let me do some digging and I'll get back to you.
                          __________________

                          Paired with Simba
                            #23463    
                          Old January 8th, 2013 (5:36 PM).
                          Cerberus87's Avatar
                          Cerberus87 Cerberus87 is offline
                          Mega Houndoom, baby!
                             
                            Join Date: Jul 2012
                            Location: Dream World
                            Age: 29
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Lonely
                            Posts: 1,671
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                            I know that someone knows the offset, because I have seen at least three hacks with the table changed. Let me do some digging and I'll get back to you.
                            Will you really do this for me? Hope you are successful. Many thanks!
                            __________________


                            Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, the day Pokémon pulled a Dallas and jumped the shark.
                              #23464    
                            Old January 8th, 2013 (6:41 PM).
                            karatekid552's Avatar
                            karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                            What happens if I push it?....
                               
                              Join Date: Nov 2012
                              Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Bold
                              Posts: 1,766
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by ShikaG View Post
                              Is there any Full video tutorials on how to start scripting & making a game ? for beginners
                              Go search through the tutorial section, sometimes there are attached videos. Also, there is a 21(?) part youtube set dealing with everything scripting and Advance Map. I have watched many of the episodes and they are pretty good. Just search "pokemon scripting tutorial" in google and you will deffinately find something under youtube.
                              __________________

                              Paired with Simba
                                #23465    
                              Old January 8th, 2013 (6:59 PM).
                              Herpahermaderp's Avatar
                              Herpahermaderp Herpahermaderp is offline
                              I liek Mudkipz
                                 
                                Join Date: Jul 2012
                                Location: USA
                                Age: 19
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Relaxed
                                Posts: 66
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by ShikaG View Post
                                Is there any Full video tutorials on how to start scripting & making a game ? for beginners
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu4S2p81eTo

                                Pokemon scripting tutorial on youtube by foullump. If I can't ever find what I need in diegoisawesomes' XSE tutorial, these videos are my backup plan. Have fun.
                                __________________
                                Y: Roak || 1177-8023-4387
                                  #23466    
                                Old January 8th, 2013 (7:13 PM).
                                Aryan143's Avatar
                                Aryan143 Aryan143 is offline
                                The Fennekin Fan!
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jul 2012
                                  Location: Delhi, India
                                  Age: 17
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Modest
                                  Posts: 756
                                  I think my question was missed out, so Do anybody knows How to add Physical/Special Split to Pokemon Ruby?
                                  __________________
                                  Check out my gaming company:

                                    #23467    
                                  Old January 8th, 2013 (8:21 PM).
                                  karatekid552's Avatar
                                  karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                                  What happens if I push it?....
                                     
                                    Join Date: Nov 2012
                                    Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Bold
                                    Posts: 1,766
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by (null)
                                    I think my question was missed out, so Do anybody knows How to add Physical/Special Split to Pokemon Ruby?
                                    Just so you do get an answer, and you're not ignored, it is possible. The most recent hack I've seen with it is DarkViolet. If nobody on this thread is able to help you, search for a hack with it in it and contact the creater. They should be able to help you.
                                    __________________

                                    Paired with Simba
                                      #23468    
                                    Old January 8th, 2013 (8:26 PM).
                                    tajaros's Avatar
                                    tajaros tajaros is offline
                                    Hi I'm dawg
                                       
                                      Join Date: Apr 2012
                                      Location: Philippines
                                      Age: 18
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Timid
                                      Posts: 857
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                                      Just so you do get an answer, and you're not ignored, it is possible. The most recent hack I've seen with it is DarkViolet. If nobody on this thread is able to help you, search for a hack with it in it and contact the creater. They should be able to help you.
                                      Um, DarkViolet is a FireRed Hack... xD You must be confused with the R/S/E styled graphics

                                      As far as I know there are some instruction in the thread in the R&D Forum, but the patch is only exclusive for FireRed.

                                      But the graphic split can be easily done, for Ruby.
                                      __________________
                                        #23469    
                                      Old January 8th, 2013 (8:46 PM).
                                      Cerberus87's Avatar
                                      Cerberus87 Cerberus87 is offline
                                      Mega Houndoom, baby!
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jul 2012
                                        Location: Dream World
                                        Age: 29
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Lonely
                                        Posts: 1,671
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Aryan143 View Post
                                        I think my question was missed out, so Do anybody knows How to add Physical/Special Split to Pokemon Ruby?
                                        Look in the Nuzlocke forums, I think there's an IPS patch for Ruby there.

                                        It has been done and most moves work, except for Counter/Mirror Coat, which are still buggy.

                                        It would be cool to have it in a hack, but for the standard game I don't know if it's a good idea, because the AI might not handle it properly... AI tends to use the most effective move anyway, though.
                                        __________________


                                        Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, the day Pokémon pulled a Dallas and jumped the shark.
                                          #23470    
                                        Old January 9th, 2013 (2:08 AM).
                                        Brane's Avatar
                                        Brane Brane is offline
                                        -
                                           
                                          Join Date: May 2011
                                          Age: 23
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Posts: 372
                                          Does anyone have the list of free flags and variables for Fire Red or a link to a thread that does?
                                            #23471    
                                          Old January 9th, 2013 (3:25 AM).
                                          Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                                          Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                                          Memento Mori
                                          • Gold Tier
                                           
                                          Join Date: Jul 2008
                                          Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                                          Age: 24
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Calm
                                          Posts: 14,477
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by brane View Post
                                          Does anyone have the list of free flags and variables for Fire Red or a link to a thread that does?
                                          diegoisawesome's tutorial has them listed.
                                          __________________
                                          ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                                          Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                                            #23472    
                                          Old January 9th, 2013 (3:34 AM).
                                          Brane's Avatar
                                          Brane Brane is offline
                                          -
                                             
                                            Join Date: May 2011
                                            Age: 23
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Posts: 372
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
                                            diegoisawesome's tutorial has them listed.
                                            Cheers for that. I scrolled straight past it haha.
                                              #23473    
                                            Old January 10th, 2013 (6:50 PM).
                                            Flame999's Avatar
                                            Flame999 Flame999 is offline
                                               
                                              Join Date: Nov 2008
                                              Location: Lavaridge Town
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Calm
                                              Posts: 103
                                              how to make wild battles like Zapdos and Mewtwo since i want to put them in my hacks of fire red and two hoenn hacks
                                                #23474    
                                              Old January 11th, 2013 (12:22 AM).
                                              Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                                              Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                                              Memento Mori
                                              • Gold Tier
                                               
                                              Join Date: Jul 2008
                                              Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                                              Age: 24
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Calm
                                              Posts: 14,477
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Flame999 View Post
                                              how to make wild battles like Zapdos and Mewtwo since i want to put them in my hacks of fire red and two hoenn hacks
                                              Put their OW on a map by using Advanced Map and then make a script for wildbattle.
                                              __________________
                                              ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                                              Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                                                #23475    
                                              Old January 11th, 2013 (1:22 AM).
                                              Flame999's Avatar
                                              Flame999 Flame999 is offline
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Nov 2008
                                                Location: Lavaridge Town
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Nature: Calm
                                                Posts: 103
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
                                                Put their OW on a map by using Advanced Map and then make a script for wildbattle.
                                                that's the problem I have the ow set it's just making the script is the problem i've seem lots of tut a wild battles but i can't make heads or tails of it to say the least
                                                Closed Thread
                                                Quick Reply

                                                Sponsored Links
                                                Thread Tools

                                                Posting Rules
                                                You may not post new threads
                                                You may not post replies
                                                You may not post attachments
                                                You may not edit your posts

                                                BB code is On
                                                Smilies are On
                                                [IMG] code is On
                                                HTML code is Off

                                                Forum Jump


                                                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:11 PM.