ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread

Old February 22nd, 2013 (11:24 AM). Edited February 22nd, 2013 by SporreKing.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
    I'm just going to tell you how to add a new OW. First, never use the hero data for an OW template, pick a regular OW. Now, copy and paste the data that the pointer in our first table points to (the one that begins FFFF10) to some free space. Create a pointer at end of our table to this new location.

Now, modify the ini file for NSE to reflect the new location of our table.

Next, open NSE and go into options and turn "Advanced Mode" on. Then go under boundaries and turn them all off.

Now you should be able to edit your new sprite, very similar to how it works in OWERE. Remember to repoint the sprite pointer so a new bank. NSE can create this new bank, the in a preference option in one of the menus.
    Sorry if I sound noobish, I'm pretty new around... But how do I create the ini file?

Relevant Advertising!

Old February 22nd, 2013 (11:57 AM).
    What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by SporreKing View Post
      Sorry if I sound noobish, I'm pretty new around... But how do I create the ini file?
      I forgot, NSE doesn't have one. Okay, open up the folder that cam with NSE Classic. Now, open the readme.txt file. There are instructions in it for making your own .ini.

Paired with Simba
      Old February 22nd, 2013 (12:26 PM).

Quote:
        I forgot, NSE doesn't have one. Okay, open up the folder that cam with NSE Classic. Now, open the readme.txt file. There are instructions in it for making your own .ini.
        THANKS! I really want to thank you, I've been asking like 10 questions in the past two days and YOU have answered them all, even though they are at different threads. You've really helped me and others out. Just wanted to thank you for putting your time in charing experience by helping
        Old February 22nd, 2013 (12:53 PM).

Quote:
          THANKS! I really want to thank you, I've been asking like 10 questions in the past two days and YOU have answered them all, even though they are at different threads. You've really helped me and others out. Just wanted to thank you for putting your time in charing experience by helping
          You're very welcome. I love answering questions so feel free to keep asking them. Have fun hacking!:D

Paired with Simba
          Old February 22nd, 2013 (1:06 PM).
          Mew!

i have 2 odd situations going on...

1: i have map connection issues... when going from map 1 to map 2 it works fine... but when coming back they dont work... its like walking into a wall... the connection is there... looking at the header following the connection offset the hex info for the connection (its straight forward) is also correct... I cant find any reason y it wouldnt work...

2: I added a map bank 43... and have added 20 maps to it... it seems anything over 18 i cant warp to... i get black screens... there are no events on the map, no map scritps... no reason for it to do anything other than warp me to where i wanna go... but it dont

both these things work in advance map... by double clicking the warp i get warped... and by following the map connection it goes where its supposed to go...

all other map connections ive made have worked fine... and all other warps from the map im working with work fine (its the main town map so there are alot of warps)

is there a max warp per map? is there something im missing... just any ideas would help cause from looking at the code it seems right...
            Old February 22nd, 2013 (2:20 PM).

I have another question I have repointed my sprite-table, but how can i repoint the palette-table? I am importing a sprite from emerald and have to use a palette from there, but i don't know how to add new palettes Links to guides are strongly appreciated
              Old February 22nd, 2013 (2:34 PM).

Quote:
                I have another question I have repointed my sprite-table, but how can i repoint the palette-table? I am importing a sprite from emerald and have to use a palette from there, but i don't know how to add new palettes Links to guides are strongly appreciated
                This is the only tutorial, but it require JPAN's engine. I know how to do it without, you just have to repoint the pallette table which is at 3A5158, then add more pallettes are set up in an 8 byte format:
                Pointer (4bytes)-pallette number (1byte)-11-00-00. The origional table ends at 3A51E7 and there are three pointers to the origional table that need to be changed. Just search for 58513A08 and change all of the results.

Paired with Simba
                Old February 22nd, 2013 (2:37 PM).
                Mew!

Quote:
                  This is the only tutorial, but it require JPAN's engine. I know how to do it without, you just have to repoint the pallette table which is at 3A5158, then add more pallettes are set up in an 8 byte format:
                  Pointer (4bytes)-pallette number (1byte)-11-00-00. The origional table ends at 3A51E7 and there are three pointers to the origional table that need to be changed. Just search for 58513A08 and change all of the results.
                  the idea is the same... you dont really need jpans engine... I used that tut sucessfully without having that engine its just a lil more work and creativity is all...
                  Old February 22nd, 2013 (2:42 PM).

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
                    i have 2 odd situations going on...

1: i have map connection issues... when going from map 1 to map 2 it works fine... but when coming back they dont work... its like walking into a wall... the connection is there... looking at the header following the connection offset the hex info for the connection (its straight forward) is also correct... I cant find any reason y it wouldnt work...

2: I added a map bank 43... and have added 20 maps to it... it seems anything over 18 i cant warp to... i get black screens... there are no events on the map, no map scritps... no reason for it to do anything other than warp me to where i wanna go... but it dont

both these things work in advance map... by double clicking the warp i get warped... and by following the map connection it goes where its supposed to go...

all other map connections ive made have worked fine... and all other warps from the map im working with work fine (its the main town map so there are alot of warps)

is there a max warp per map? is there something im missing... just any ideas would help cause from looking at the code it seems right...
                    1. Can you go back and forth in A-map?

2. Sometimes maps get corrupted. Just insert the new maps that don't work into a new map bank and change everything to point to there new locations. Then everything should work.

Paired with Simba
                    Old February 22nd, 2013 (3:21 PM).

Quote:
                      Thx once again KarateKid552! I'll try it when i get home from my vaccation ;D
                      Old February 22nd, 2013 (3:25 PM).
                      Mew!

Quote:
                        1. Can you go back and forth in A-map?

2. Sometimes maps get corrupted. Just insert the new maps that don't work into a new map bank and change everything to point to there new locations. Then everything should work.
                        1. yes i can...

2. I tried once making a bank 44 and it did not work... but i shall try some more...

I did corrupt a map bad once... but they are fairly easy to fix in the hex editor... this stuff is pretty straight forward (1 month ago I had done no hex work or skripting... at all... it was all gibberish) its alot of fun to learn
                        Old February 22nd, 2013 (3:33 PM).

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
                          1. yes i can...

2. I tried once making a bank 44 and it did not work... but i shall try some more...

I did corrupt a map bad once... but they are fairly easy to fix in the hex editor... this stuff is pretty straight forward (1 month ago I had done no hex work or skripting... at all... it was all gibberish) its alot of fun to learn
                          If you can go back and forth in A-map, then just delete all map connections, save, and try again. Sometimes it just needs a reset.

Paired with Simba
                          Old February 22nd, 2013 (3:57 PM). Edited February 23rd, 2013 by LocksmithArmy.
                          Mew!

I shall try this...

thanks

UPDATE (this totally worked, I 000000d the map connection offset and made them anew... works great)
                            Old February 22nd, 2013 (5:09 PM).

Quote:
                              If you run out of flags, I have a risky, but worth it solution. Just let me know if you do.

Please, never use that giant text again. Please. Also, the pallette is messed up because they both share a pallette. A much better way to do it would be to use GIMP and index them both with the same pallette before insertion. An even easier way, just use Wichu's Sprite Editor: The Advance Series. It does the pallettes for you and will also do shiny pallettes very easily.

Edit: I see you've already used Wichu's but your giant text prevented me from seeing the first part of your message. No kidding. Give it another try. The problem is that your images will have to share the same pallette before going into Wichu's sprite editor.
                              I fixed it but there is a little problem, do i really need to have the same pallette?, cause look
                              It looks like:

When it should be looking with the skin more shaded, how do i do that?
                              Attached Images
                              File Type: png WaterStarter.png‎ (1.2 KB, 73 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                              Old February 22nd, 2013 (6:06 PM).

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by iDowngrade View Post
                                I fixed it but there is a little problem, do i really need to have the same pallette?, cause look
                                It looks like:

When it should be looking with the skin more shaded, how do i do that?
                                Yu have 15 colors plus a background color, (which will be removed) to work with. There are only two pallettes for each pokemon. One shiny and one normal. Therefore, you have to work around this. Each pokemon only has two pallettes for 4 sprites. This means two sets of front and back, one shiny one normal. Unless you can change the way the game operates, you have to work around it.

So for your thing, you would have to remove a color somewhere else if you want to have more shading on the face.

Paired with Simba
                                Old February 23rd, 2013 (7:47 AM).

Hi guys, I'd like to know if I can insert a brand new pokémon. I don't know if I can do it just editing one of the existing pokémons or if there's another way. I would like to create a brand new pokémon with its own sprite and decide which moves it has to learn at which level. Am I asking for too much? XD Anyway if it is possible, I would like to know also if it's easier in Pokémon Ruby or DP (since I'm still not sure about which one to use for my project).
                                  Old February 23rd, 2013 (9:03 AM).

Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Waterfall~ View Post
                                    Hi guys, I'd like to know if I can insert a brand new pokémon. I don't know if I can do it just editing one of the existing pokémons or if there's another way. I would like to create a brand new pokémon with its own sprite and decide which moves it has to learn at which level. Am I asking for too much? XD Anyway if it is possible, I would like to know also if it's easier in Pokémon Ruby or DP (since I'm still not sure about which one to use for my project).
                                    Without a lot skill, you will be forced to replace a pokemon. It is possible to add them, but it takes a lot of time and effort. I have never hacked DP, but I can tell you that it is fairly easy to do on Ruby. The tools are fairly self-explanatory, so here is a list:

Wichu's Sprite Editors (The Advance Series): these will be used to insert new sprites, adjust the sprites, and do icons
                                    YAPE: to edit pokemon stats, pokedex entries, movesets
                                    PGE->P.E.:same as YAPE but can increase the amount of moves a pokemon learns.

Paired with Simba
                                    Old February 23rd, 2013 (9:30 AM).

hey, i'm having problems with a tool called a-cry 1.2 (advanced cry editor),my problem is after editing the cries of the pokemon i wanted, i go to save, and when i click save, it gives me an error, where there are a detail button, continue/quit button where i can continue or exit the program....and i don't know what to do with it...
                                      Old February 23rd, 2013 (9:35 AM).

Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Gold011 View Post
                                        hey, i'm having problems with a tool called a-cry 1.2 (advanced cry editor),my problem is after editing the cries of the pokemon i wanted, i go to save, and when i click save, it gives me an error, where there are a detail button, continue/quit button where i can continue or exit the program....and i don't know what to do with it...
                                        A-cry is a very old and buggy program. Here is a much better way to do it until someone finds a better way to make a cry editor http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=293830.

Paired with Simba
                                        Old February 23rd, 2013 (9:45 AM).

Quote:
                                          Without a lot skill, you will be forced to replace a pokemon. It is possible to add them, but it takes a lot of time and effort. I have never hacked DP, but I can tell you that it is fairly easy to do on Ruby. The tools are fairly self-explanatory, so here is a list:

Wichu's Sprite Editors (The Advance Series): these will be used to insert new sprites, adjust the sprites, and do icons
                                          YAPE: to edit pokemon stats, pokedex entries, movesets
                                          PGE->P.E.:same as YAPE but can increase the amount of moves a pokemon learns.
                                          It is okay for me to do this way. Can I also edit trainers' pokémons? And trainers' sprites? As for map editing, I read it is easier to do on Ruby, so I'll probably give it a try.
                                          Thank you so much for your help
                                          Old February 23rd, 2013 (10:26 AM).

Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Waterfall~ View Post
                                            It is okay for me to do this way. Can I also edit trainers' pokémons? And trainers' sprites? As for map editing, I read it is easier to do on Ruby, so I'll probably give it a try.
                                            Thank you so much for your help
                                            Trainers can be edited by Advance Trainer.

Trainer sprites can be edited by NSE Classic. There is a plugin for it in the options menu.

Map editing is best done in Advance Map. This is the only thing I can guarantee as easier since it is 2d vs the 3d in DPPt.

Hope this helps get you started!

Paired with Simba
                                            Old February 23rd, 2013 (11:59 AM).

Quote:
                                              A-cry is a very old and buggy program. Here is a much better way to do it until someone finds a better way to make a cry editor http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=293830.
                                              oh sh**, i tried that, and it's way TOO advanced for me, oh well, i guess i'll have to stick with pokecrygui...
                                              Old February 23rd, 2013 (12:20 PM).
                                              I.R.

How do I make it so a sprite is invisible until a script makes it visible like how Oak is invisible in FireRed until you try to walk out of Pallet Town?
                                                Old February 23rd, 2013 (1:48 PM).
                                                karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline

Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by Shubunkus View Post
                                                  How do I make it so a sprite is invisible until a script makes it visible like how Oak is invisible in FireRed until you try to walk out of Pallet Town?
                                                  http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=161616

Scroll down to the section on dissapearing and reapearing sprites.

Paired with Simba
                                                  Old February 23rd, 2013 (2:03 PM).
                                                  iDowngrade iDowngrade is offline

Is there any program that i can use for editing the attack images?, please i really need that for my hack
                                                    Closed Thread

Quick Reply