ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread

Old February 26th, 2013 (1:33 PM).
Free supporter
  • Silver Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuartierGenerale View Post
In a clean rom the safari script does not compile :shocked:
Why not just use the Safari script rather than recompile it? Also, if you want to recompile an existing script (for whatever reason) you should define a dyn offset. I.e:

#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
--rest--

Remember if you modified the script you need to repoint the body of the section you modified. I.E:

#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
jump 0x816D36D

#org 0x816D36D
msgbox @text
callstd MSG_NORMAL
'Say I were to add another movement here like this:
'applymovement PLAYER @surprised
'pauseevent 0x0
'I would need to change 0x816D36D to an offset with free space, or to something like @new
release
end

#org @surprised
m say_!! end

#org @text
= Heyo!

Relevant Advertising!

Old February 26th, 2013 (2:17 PM).

Is there any program where i can change the pokemon icon? the one you see when you go to: Start>POKéMON, the icon you see in the pokemon inventory?

I have Wichu's icon editor but i dont see where i can import the image
    Old February 26th, 2013 (5:14 PM).

I don't think I asked my question right last time, so here goes trying to rephrase it.

In YAPE, where there is a limitation on how many total moves all Pokemon can learn (which is 3972), how can I increase that limit? Is it very complicated to do (involving a lot of hex editing)?

Thanks
      Old February 26th, 2013 (5:57 PM).
      Pokemon Researcher

Nature: Serious
        I asked this question while ago but nobody answered. What setflags are available in emerald? That is all I am wondering.

Lets see I like modding

Dragon Warrior, Lego Racers, Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Mario Racing, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and Banjo.
        Old February 26th, 2013 (7:14 PM). Edited February 26th, 2013 by karatekid552.
        What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by MrElephant View Post
          I asked this question while ago but nobody answered. What setflags are available in emerald? That is all I am wondering.
          This is all we know for now. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=291605 Try finding some on your own by taking a completed save file and checking flags.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by iDowngrade View Post
          Is there any program where i can change the pokemon icon? the one you see when you go to: Start>POKéMON, the icon you see in the pokemon inventory?

I have Wichu's icon editor but i dont see where i can import the image
          It is in one of the top menus.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by jbrown12333 View Post
          I don't think I asked my question right last time, so here goes trying to rephrase it.

In YAPE, where there is a limitation on how many total moves all Pokemon can learn (which is 3972), how can I increase that limit? Is it very complicated to do (involving a lot of hex editing)?

Thanks
          No way in YAPE, but it can be done in PGE. I answered this question in far more detail just a week or two ago, most likely for someone else. Look back through the last ten or so pages or use the handy-dandy search bar.:D

Paired with Simba
          Old February 26th, 2013 (8:20 PM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
            No way in YAPE, but it can be done in PGE. I answered this question in far more detail just a week or two ago, most likely for someone else. Look back through the last ten or so pages or use the handy-dandy search bar.:D
            What part of PGE do you use to do that? Is it the attack editor or something else? I'm having trouble finding your other answer to the question (this thread is really dense).
            Old February 27th, 2013 (12:01 AM). Edited February 27th, 2013 by Kurapika.
            Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
              Yo!
              I started making some tiles lately and just had this problem when I enter a door or get out from a door the bottom of the houses I made myself become messy, screenshots in spoiler:
              Spoiler:

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Solved but weird... (I noticed that those tiles that get messed up shared same thing which is that they were in the end of the tileset, so I moved them and now everything works just fine. Sorry if I made you read for nothing...)

EDIT #2: Well... Since I came here might as well ask if anyone knows how do the door animations, grass animation and such work exactly? f.e. if I want to modify the grass animation, where should I go? Thanks again. :] (inb4 EDIT #3..... >.>)
              Old February 27th, 2013 (2:59 AM).
              Free supporter
              • Silver Tier

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Kurapika View Post
              Yo!
              I started making some tiles lately and just had this problem when I enter a door or get out from a door the bottom of the houses I made myself become messy, screenshots in spoiler:
              Spoiler:

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Solved but weird... (I noticed that those tiles that get messed up shared same thing which is that they were in the end of the tileset, so I moved them and now everything works just fine. Sorry if I made you read for nothing...)

EDIT #2: Well... Since I came here might as well ask if anyone knows how do the door animations, grass animation and such work exactly? f.e. if I want to modify the grass animation, where should I go? Thanks again. :] (inb4 EDIT #3..... >.>)
              ZodiacDaGreat has a tool for door animations called door manager, http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=198705

Grass animation editing is done by a tutorial by thethethethe, I don't have a link (rather, I'm too lazy to find one :P) so you will have to search the tutorial section. Note that in your forum settings you have to set the option to see old threads (otherwise it's limited to within 5 pages or something like that). Just use search feature in the tutorial section.
              Old February 27th, 2013 (5:41 AM).

Quote:
                Originally Posted by jbrown12333 View Post
                What part of PGE do you use to do that? Is it the attack editor or something else? I'm having trouble finding your other answer to the question (this thread is really dense).
                PGE is Pokemon Game Editor by Gamer2020 and 0xRH. It contains many programs and one of them is a Pokemon Editor (it is shortened to P.E.). Check it out and I will try and find my post.

Paired with Simba
                Old February 27th, 2013 (6:24 AM).

First time i've recompiled because i've translate the text. After this, a part of the script was crashed (appear a pointer to a non-rom area). Next, re-using the original code that problem was not solved. Anyhow i'm thinking about a particoular type of safari, so i think i'll use a new custom script. A question about this: if i use removeitems indicating a number > of the owned, what happen? If is a problem, is there a way to store in a variable the excact number of a kind of item ?

Thanks
                  Old February 27th, 2013 (6:51 AM).
                  Free supporter
                  • Silver Tier

Quote:
                  First time i've recompiled because i've translate the text. After this, a part of the script was crashed (appear a pointer to a non-rom area). Next, re-using the original code that problem was not solved. Anyhow i'm thinking about a particoular type of safari, so i think i'll use a new custom script. A question about this: if i use removeitems indicating a number > of the owned, what happen? If is a problem, is there a way to store in a variable the excact number of a kind of item ?

It would be best if you could describe exactly what you're trying to do as well (in order).
                  For example:

1) Player enters house
                  2) Mom goes to from her chair player
                  3) Mom says hi
                  4) Mom sits back down to her chair

Sometime it helps, especially in this case where you're giving us errors which can't easily be related back to your original problem.

From what I can tell you're trying to get the safari zone to work, with added text? In this case, you need to change the message's pointer to some free space with your message. This is as easy as:

#org 0x8[something]
                  ---
                  ---
                  msgbox 0x8[Free space]
                  callstd MSG_NORMAL
                  ---
                  ---
                  end

#org 0x[Free space]
                  = Your edited message.
                  Old February 27th, 2013 (8:02 AM).

No no i replace the text, not adding it...but my problem actually is changed because i've decided to carry out another way for safari.

Quote:
                    if i use removeitems indicating a number > of the owned, what happen? If is a problem, is there a way to store in a variable the excact number of a kind of item ?
                    Thanks a lot for your helps!
                    Old February 27th, 2013 (8:15 AM).
                    Free supporter
                    • Silver Tier

Quote:
                    No no i replace the text, not adding it...but my problem actually is changed because i've decided to carry out another way for safari.

Thanks a lot for your helps!
                    OK. With regards to this:
                    Quote:
                    if i use removeitems indicating a number > of the owned, what happen? If is a problem, is there a way to store in a variable the excact number of a kind of item ?
                    You should not do that first of all, you should do checkitemamount 0x[Item] 0x[number]. Then adjust your delete to be this number.
                    Old February 27th, 2013 (12:45 PM).

In pksv i do not have checkitemamount...i've checkitem or checkitemspaceinbag.

But if i'm not wrong, checkitem want to say before the number you wanna check, while that number is my variable
                      Old February 27th, 2013 (1:02 PM). Edited February 27th, 2013 by FBI.
                      Free supporter
                      • Silver Tier

Quote:
                      In pksv i do not have checkitemamount...i've checkitem or checkitemspaceinbag.

But if i'm not wrong, checkitem want to say before the number you wanna check, while that number is my variable
                      Ahh, OK. I didn't know you were using PKSV. In that case it's checkitemspaceinbag 0x[item] 0x[number]
                      Old February 27th, 2013 (1:38 PM). Edited February 27th, 2013 by Mr. Whiscash.
                      Unegged Hatch

Nature: Sassy
                        I'm looking for where the alternate forme sprites are located in the Platinum Version rom. I want to be able to edit them but at the moment I have no way of accessing the proper sprites for Burmy, Wormadam, Unown and Giratina.
                        FYI, I'm using Tinke to extract the files.
                        Old February 27th, 2013 (2:00 PM).

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by FBI agent View Post
                          Ahh, OK. I didn't know you were using PKSV. In that case it's checkitemspaceinbag 0x[item] 0x[number]
                          but according to this i need to known the [number], while that number is my variable.
                          Old February 27th, 2013 (2:13 PM).
                          Mew!

how do I enable running on my maps? it seems every map i make I cant run in...

I assumed its a simple thing like change the header from "indoors" to "route" but that does not do anything...
                            labeling my routes route and my towns town... does nothing to enable running... grrr
                            Old February 27th, 2013 (2:21 PM).
                            Free supporter
                            • Silver Tier

Quote:
                            but according to this i need to known the [number], while that number is my variable.
                            I'll give you an example:

checkitemspaceinbag POTION 0x5
                            That basically checks if you have room in your bag for 5 potions.

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
                            how do I enable running on my maps? it seems every map i make I cant run in...

I assumed its a simple thing like change the header from "indoors" to "route" but that does not do anything...
                            labeling my routes route and my towns town... does nothing to enable running... grrr
                            Make sure the map isn't being treated as an indoor map. If it's not, then I had this problem too. I just applied HackMew's running shoes in buildings tutorial and it worked after that.
                            Old February 27th, 2013 (3:53 PM).

You know the vs banner before the elite four battle in RSE, is there a way to make it appear
                              for another trainer class? for the Gym leaders for example.
                              Old February 27th, 2013 (4:11 PM).
                              Mew!

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by FBI agent View Post
                                I'll give you an example:

checkitemspaceinbag POTION 0x5
                                That basically checks if you have room in your bag for 5 potions.

Make sure the map isn't being treated as an indoor map. If it's not, then I had this problem too. I just applied HackMew's running shoes in buildings tutorial and it worked after that.
                                I did just make running everywhere possible... but I was hoping to fix it right

oh well...
                                Old February 27th, 2013 (4:52 PM).

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                                  This is all we know for now. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=291605 Try finding some on your own by taking a completed save file and checking flags.

It is in one of the top menus.

Yeah i figured out later on, thanks anyways tho.
                                  BTW if you have ever played maplestory, im making a pokemon (MAPLéMON) hack, where pokemons are colored maplestory characters and maplestory mobs, if you know what maplestory is; What do you think of the hack, do you think it is a good idea?
                                  Old February 27th, 2013 (5:10 PM).

Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by HyperXhydra View Post
                                    You know the vs banner before the elite four battle in RSE, is there a way to make it appear
                                    for another trainer class? for the Gym leaders for example.
                                    Well.... Yeah... But it is specific to each elite four. Meaning that the banner displayed will contain the sprite for the elite four member you stole it from. It is cinnected to trainer class I believe. You can do it in firered though. Search for pre-battle mug shots by Jambo51.

Paired with Simba
                                    Old February 27th, 2013 (11:46 PM).
                                    Teddiursa

Nature: Gentle
                                      This question may sound strange, but...How do you re-hack ingame text that someone else has already changed? I found a great hack of HeartGold online recently, and love the game-play changes--but hate the off-color dialogue the hacker added. Is there a Gen IV editor available that would let me clean up the language, please? I'd appreciate any help you could give.

Ingeborg S. Nordén

" Coming this fall to Jubilife TV: Lost Beyond Space!"
                                      Old March 1st, 2013 (11:50 AM).
                                      Free supporter
                                      • Silver Tier

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by ISNorden View Post
                                      This question may sound strange, but...How do you re-hack ingame text that someone else has already changed? I found a great hack of HeartGold online recently, and love the game-play changes--but hate the off-color dialogue the hacker added. Is there a Gen IV editor available that would let me clean up the language, please? I'd appreciate any help you could give.
                                      I don't know if there is a tool to do if faster (likely there is), but otherwise you can just open it up in a hex editor and edit the strings. Though it's tedious and annoying, it's a solid way to go :P

Quick Reply