ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #24301    
Old March 19th, 2013 (10:03 PM).
lazzxion's Avatar
lazzxion lazzxion is offline
     
    Join Date: Dec 2012
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 7
    Hi, i'm Lazzxion

    i'm new at this so i'm sorry if this is in the wrong spot
    i'm currently working on a Pokemon ROM hack to make emerald have a
    Pokemon Black and White feel to it. During this posses a friend of mine
    asked me to include Leafeon and Glaceon to Eevee's evolutions.

    Unfortunately, no matter what tools i use the limit is 5 evolutions per
    pokemon and i cant seem to find anything to help me break this limit
    or just make it so you give eevee away and then gain one of the two
    while still being able to breed an eevee from them.

    I've searched high and low for nearly two weeks with no helpful
    results, so if anyone can just tell me it's impossible or if there is a
    way to actually do what i'm trying to achieve, i would be so thankful.

    -LazzXion
    __________________

    Relevant Advertising!

      #24302    
    Old March 19th, 2013 (10:18 PM).
    ep!c ep!c is offline
    Banned
       
      Join Date: Mar 2013
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 124
      Impossible, engine of the game ya'know?
      Without an engine hack of the ROM you can try it with ASM.
      Checking levels, stats, etc. of the old pokemon and transfer it to a new pokemon.
      Kinda make a new and remove the old..
        #24303    
      Old March 19th, 2013 (11:52 PM).
      miksy91's Avatar
      miksy91 miksy91 is offline
      Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
         
        Join Date: Oct 2008
        Location: A small country in the North
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Relaxed
        Posts: 1,435
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Kurapika View Post
        Why in some cases the offset in which we insert some data must end with 0, 4, 8, ...?
        Everything inside the rom is in binary, having value of 0 or 1. If we look it at the aspect of a certain address, we have a 32-bit value (or "4-byte value") that points to the address. Now if the highest or second highest (32nd, 31st) bit of this pointer is set to 1, the address won't end with value of "0", "4", "8" or "C". This comes from the way binary works.

        So there could be some code that requires both those bits having the value of 0. I personally have no idea why they wanted to program the game like that but it could be one solution, among many.
        __________________
        My Rom Hack



        Fixing bugs in a ROM hack
        CP of encountered pokemon in GO

        Learn how to hack GB/C games:

        Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
        -The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
          #24304    
        Old March 20th, 2013 (2:32 AM).
        karatekid552's Avatar
        karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
        What happens if I push it?....
           
          Join Date: Nov 2012
          Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Bold
          Posts: 1,766
          Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by shinyabsol1 View Post
          Well, I'll give it a shot but I doubt it will work for me. I've looked at lots of ASM tutorials before but never really understood any of them.

          Thanks anyways!

          EDIT: Just for clarification, what do you mean by "follow the routine back?"
          Look at the line of your breakpoint, and look one line up, figure out what that is doing, then go one more line up, etc.
          __________________

          Paired with Simba
            #24305    
          Old March 20th, 2013 (9:04 AM).
          Krakanous Krakanous is offline
             
            Join Date: Mar 2013
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 37
            Will none "animated" sprites work in 5th gen games like black and white? im wanting to use some custom sprites in a black rom,but they are none animated, they have a front and back, but can they be used if they are just stationary? is there anything i can use to create a back image and an animated image? thanks.
              #24306    
            Old March 20th, 2013 (8:53 PM).
            BlackWhiteRobin's Avatar
            BlackWhiteRobin BlackWhiteRobin is offline
               
              Join Date: Sep 2012
              Age: 19
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Quirky
              Posts: 533
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Krakanous View Post
              Will none "animated" sprites work in 5th gen games like black and white? im wanting to use some custom sprites in a black rom,but they are none animated, they have a front and back, but can they be used if they are just stationary? is there anything i can use to create a back image and an animated image? thanks.
              I don't hack DS Games and there aren't many DS Game hacker, I think you might be able to do it by inserting the same sprite over and over to make an illusion that it doesn't move.
              __________________

                #24307    
              Old March 21st, 2013 (1:36 AM).
              Reygok's Avatar
              Reygok Reygok is offline
              Beginning Hacker
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2009
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 60
                Hi, I still have problems with flags... I know many people asked this before, mee too, but everybody gives different answers, but in whatever range I try, there are always flasgs that simply don't work. Is this inevitable, or IS there acturally a range of, lets say, 300-400 flags that are 100% sure to use?

                Thanks for any answers,
                Reygok
                  #24308    
                Old March 21st, 2013 (2:46 AM).
                karatekid552's Avatar
                karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                What happens if I push it?....
                   
                  Join Date: Nov 2012
                  Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Bold
                  Posts: 1,766
                  Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Reygok View Post
                  Hi, I still have problems with flags... I know many people asked this before, mee too, but everybody gives different answers, but in whatever range I try, there are always flasgs that simply don't work. Is this inevitable, or IS there acturally a range of, lets say, 300-400 flags that are 100% sure to use?

                  Thanks for any answers,
                  Reygok
                  If you are not using any scripts that existed from the original FR, then the 100% safe flags are 200-2FF. There are a A LOT of temporary flags for things like rock smash rocks and cut trees (which always come back later so, flag = temporary). So, yeah, the best flags are 200-2FF and there are a few outside of that range which are safe, but you have to be careful. Look at those lists I have posted by DavidJCobb over and over again and see if you can determine what flags are safe and what aren't. Also, if it isn't on the list, that doesn't mean it is safe, it just means that the game didn't use it. (And if Game Freak didn't use it... You have to ask yourself, "Why?".)
                  __________________

                  Paired with Simba
                    #24309    
                  Old March 21st, 2013 (7:03 AM). Edited March 21st, 2013 by Hacker Bisharp.
                  Hacker Bisharp's Avatar
                  Hacker Bisharp Hacker Bisharp is offline
                  Bug reporter
                     
                    Join Date: Dec 2011
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Gentle
                    Posts: 334
                    I need some help
                    I'm hacking Pokèmon white, for edit text i use pptxt but i can not find the text
                    I want.
                    I'm searching the text when you find a new item. Example: Player found a Potion!
                    Help!
                    __________________
                    Hacks I support:

                    And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

                      #24310    
                    Old March 21st, 2013 (7:47 AM).
                    Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                    Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                    Memento Mori
                    • Gold Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2008
                    Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                    Age: 24
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Calm
                    Posts: 14,466
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Hacker Bisharp View Post
                    I need some help
                    I'm hacking Pokèmon white, for edit text i use pptxt but i can not find the text
                    I want.
                    I'm searching the text when you find a new item. Example: Player found a Potion!
                    Help!
                    You will most likely need a representation of value that Player's name and item is stored at.
                    Have you tried searching just for "found" word?
                    __________________
                    ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                    Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                      #24311    
                    Old March 21st, 2013 (8:32 AM).
                    Hacker Bisharp's Avatar
                    Hacker Bisharp Hacker Bisharp is offline
                    Bug reporter
                       
                      Join Date: Dec 2011
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Gentle
                      Posts: 334
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
                      You will most likely need a representation of value that Player's name and item is stored at.
                      Have you tried searching just for "found" word?
                      PPTXT is not how advance text, i can't search word..
                      __________________
                      Hacks I support:

                      And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

                        #24312    
                      Old March 21st, 2013 (11:18 AM).
                      foxz.'s Avatar
                      foxz. foxz. is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Jan 2012
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 22
                        Hi!
                        I have a question, hope someone can answer!
                        well, I have a problem to find the offset of the palettes of the battle background, usually i find with emulator and APE, but for some reason failed to find it, if anyone knows the offset, could tell me ..
                        thanks!
                          #24313    
                        Old March 21st, 2013 (1:03 PM).
                        shinyabsol1's Avatar
                        shinyabsol1 shinyabsol1 is offline
                        Pokemon DarkJasper!?
                           
                          Join Date: Aug 2010
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Calm
                          Posts: 330
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by foxz.
                          Hi!
                          I have a question, hope someone can answer!
                          well, I have a problem to find the offset of the palettes of the battle background, usually i find with emulator and APE, but for some reason failed to find it, if anyone knows the offset, could tell me ..
                          thanks!
                          It would be helpful to know what game you're hacking...
                            #24314    
                          Old March 21st, 2013 (2:18 PM).
                          HyperXhydra's Avatar
                          HyperXhydra HyperXhydra is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Oct 2011
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 331
                            I want to hack emerald, but I remember when I did before, some of the game's music
                            got glitchy like petalburg music, I don't know if it has happened to anyone, why did it happen? and is it better to hack ruby or emerald?
                              #24315    
                            Old March 21st, 2013 (2:22 PM).
                            miksy91's Avatar
                            miksy91 miksy91 is offline
                            Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
                               
                              Join Date: Oct 2008
                              Location: A small country in the North
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Relaxed
                              Posts: 1,435
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                              If you are not using any scripts that existed from the original FR, then the 100% safe flags are 200-2FF. There are a A LOT of temporary flags for things like rock smash rocks and cut trees (which always come back later so, flag = temporary). So, yeah, the best flags are 200-2FF and there are a few outside of that range which are safe, but you have to be careful. Look at those lists I have posted by DavidJCobb over and over again and see if you can determine what flags are safe and what aren't. Also, if it isn't on the list, that doesn't mean it is safe, it just means that the game didn't use it. (And if Game Freak didn't use it... You have to ask yourself, "Why?".)
                              What comes to this... There is most likely a certain part of unused ram memory in the end of WRAM. Because flags are used to point to certain flag table (with a mathematical pattern), you might be able to make them point to this unused ram space as well (by setting the flag numbers high enough, value limit of 0xFFFF may cause a problem though).

                              In G/S/C, the flag table is 0x100 bytes long of which only a half is safely usable. But there is also a 0x40 byte free space area in the end of WRAM.
                              In this case, we can use flags above 0x4838 to point to this free space.

                              So yeah, someone should check this out whether there is free space for adding stuff there in the end of WRAM and if so, where flags are originally stored --> which flag numbers will point to this unused ram memory area.

                              Of course it's not the best idea to use unused part of wram for flags, you could store entirely different data of your own there. But it would come in handy if you were running out of "safe flag space".
                              __________________
                              My Rom Hack



                              Fixing bugs in a ROM hack
                              CP of encountered pokemon in GO

                              Learn how to hack GB/C games:

                              Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
                              -The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
                                #24316    
                              Old March 21st, 2013 (4:38 PM). Edited March 21st, 2013 by karatekid552.
                              karatekid552's Avatar
                              karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                              What happens if I push it?....
                                 
                                Join Date: Nov 2012
                                Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Bold
                                Posts: 1,766
                                Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
                                What comes to this... There is most likely a certain part of unused ram memory in the end of WRAM. Because flags are used to point to certain flag table (with a mathematical pattern), you might be able to make them point to this unused ram space as well (by setting the flag numbers high enough, value limit of 0xFFFF may cause a problem though).

                                In G/S/C, the flag table is 0x100 bytes long of which only a half is safely usable. But there is also a 0x40 byte free space area in the end of WRAM.
                                In this case, we can use flags above 0x4838 to point to this free space.

                                So yeah, someone should check this out whether there is free space for adding stuff there in the end of WRAM and if so, where flags are originally stored --> which flag numbers will point to this unused ram memory area.

                                Of course it's not the best idea to use unused part of wram for flags, you could store entirely different data of your own there. But it would come in handy if you were running out of "safe flag space".
                                Yes, Knizz and Jambo did it with vars, and I think Knizz also did it with it flags. Not sure.

                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by foxz. View Post
                                Hi!
                                I have a question, hope someone can answer!
                                well, I have a problem to find the offset of the palettes of the battle background, usually i find with emulator and APE, but for some reason failed to find it, if anyone knows the offset, could tell me ..
                                thanks!
                                The palette for the Battle Backgrounds are Lz compressed making them a little bit harder to find than, let's say, OW palettes. If you are using FR, I have the location of the table which controls them. So, as shinyabsol1 said, we need to know which rom.
                                __________________

                                Paired with Simba
                                  #24317    
                                Old March 21st, 2013 (5:02 PM).
                                foxz.'s Avatar
                                foxz. foxz. is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jan 2012
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 22
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by shinyabsol1 View Post
                                  It would be helpful to know what game you're hacking...
                                  Oh, I'm sorry, I thought I'd post. is for FR
                                    #24318    
                                  Old March 21st, 2013 (6:04 PM).
                                  karatekid552's Avatar
                                  karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                                  What happens if I push it?....
                                     
                                    Join Date: Nov 2012
                                    Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Bold
                                    Posts: 1,766
                                    Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by foxz. View Post
                                    Oh, I'm sorry, I thought I'd post. is for FR
                                    Cool, I will dig up the info and give it to you.
                                    __________________

                                    Paired with Simba
                                      #24319    
                                    Old March 21st, 2013 (8:20 PM).
                                    kearnseyboy6's Avatar
                                    kearnseyboy6 kearnseyboy6 is offline
                                    Aussie's Toughest Mudder
                                       
                                      Join Date: Dec 2008
                                      Posts: 300
                                      Hello everyone again, I am struggling a lot with the ice pit warps (in icefall cave). I can see this is 100% scripted and I can replicate this copying the same scripts. I can't find a tutorial on this either sorry. For the map scripts there is a flag 0x4001 and I wonder if I have to use another flag. If I copy the script I decompiled from XSE and write it to my offset it sorta works but warps me to icefall cave and crashes! Any ideas on how to get this working?

                                      ALLLSSOO... I found i horrible way to fix my problem... I can extend icefall cave to a 255x23 map and I can repoint the map (which will massive...) and all I have to is remember the X and Y co ordinates and put them on the next map. Seems dodgy and obviously not the right way to do this, but I'm new and can only get better hopefully haha!! Thanks guys!
                                      __________________
                                      HOLIDAYING CURRENTLY!!
                                        #24320    
                                      Old March 22nd, 2013 (7:23 AM).
                                      TurrableTrevor TurrableTrevor is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jan 2013
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 3
                                        I was wondering how to give the player the Pokemon Menu and Pokedex in Pokescript, when hacking Emerald Version. I think it's done through flags and I know how to do it in Fire Red or Leaf Green. Does anyone know what flags they are?
                                          #24321    
                                        Old March 22nd, 2013 (12:09 PM).
                                        karatekid552's Avatar
                                        karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                                        What happens if I push it?....
                                           
                                          Join Date: Nov 2012
                                          Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Bold
                                          Posts: 1,766
                                          Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by TurrableTrevor View Post
                                          I was wondering how to give the player the Pokemon Menu and Pokedex in Pokescript, when hacking Emerald Version. I think it's done through flags and I know how to do it in Fire Red or Leaf Green. Does anyone know what flags they are?
                                          I think XSE has a list of flags in one of the header files in that came with it. Not completely sure if that flag is listed there, but it is a good shot. Also, the best way to find stuff like this is to go to the script which gives you them and take a look at it. Both of these flags will be in the 800s.
                                          __________________

                                          Paired with Simba
                                            #24322    
                                          Old March 22nd, 2013 (1:07 PM).
                                          flaredragon00's Avatar
                                          flaredragon00 flaredragon00 is offline
                                          The Fire-type Octillery!
                                             
                                            Join Date: Sep 2012
                                            Location: Route 1
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Bashful
                                            Posts: 5
                                            Sorry if this has already been asked before, but how do you change what Fossils turn into in Pokemon Fire Red?
                                            __________________
                                            This fire burns in water......
                                              #24323    
                                            Old March 22nd, 2013 (3:57 PM).
                                            ShyRayq's Avatar
                                            ShyRayq ShyRayq is offline
                                            Unprofessional Unprofessional
                                               
                                              Join Date: Aug 2007
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Adamant
                                              Posts: 1,466
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by flaredragon00 View Post
                                              Sorry if this has already been asked before, but how do you change what Fossils turn into in Pokemon Fire Red?
                                              I believe this is very easy. Open up the script of the scientist at Cinnabar. Then go to where it says givepokemon 0x.... then change what pokemon he gives. However, if it isn't that simple, well.. just try it first.
                                              __________________
                                              3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-3902
                                              IGN: Peter; (X, Y, OR, AS, M)
                                              Friend Safari: (Fighting) Throh, Meditite, Breloom
                                              Living Pokedex Complete: LG, E, Pl, Y, OR, M
                                              Big thanks especially to DestinedJagold, Xerneas_X, Elements1 and ~RNC~

                                              PM me if you want to trade, or add my FC.
                                                #24324    
                                              Old March 22nd, 2013 (8:19 PM).
                                              BlackWhiteRobin's Avatar
                                              BlackWhiteRobin BlackWhiteRobin is offline
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Sep 2012
                                                Age: 19
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Nature: Quirky
                                                Posts: 533
                                                Hey everyone! Does anybody know how to edit this, the icon of the player's head?
                                                __________________

                                                  #24325    
                                                Old March 23rd, 2013 (1:03 AM).
                                                ep!c ep!c is offline
                                                Banned
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Mar 2013
                                                  Gender: Male
                                                  Posts: 124
                                                  Its a UNLZ-GBA image, thats located somewhere around 100 near the worldmap..
                                                  Closed Thread
                                                  Quick Reply

                                                  Sponsored Links
                                                  Thread Tools

                                                  Posting Rules
                                                  You may not post new threads
                                                  You may not post replies
                                                  You may not post attachments
                                                  You may not edit your posts

                                                  BB code is On
                                                  Smilies are On
                                                  [IMG] code is On
                                                  HTML code is Off

                                                  Forum Jump


                                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:09 AM.