• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Absol Art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I was playing around on paint and I made this.

absol.png

I think I'm gonna use it as my avatar. I used the Absol sprite from Pokemon Emerald, and drew this from that. Do you think it is good?

And I will make more, and post them in this thread, but what ones should I make next?

Last edited:

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    It's really rough and bad... the shape of the body is all wrong... and I would recommend you stick with your Flareon avatar for now... :\

Years
  • It's really rough and bad... the shape of the body is all wrong... and I would recommend you stick with your Flareon avatar for now... :\

Thanks for the encouragement... :\

I thought it was pretty good for just doing it on paint. You know instead of telling me it sucks, how about pointing out how I could make it better. If they were no rules, I'd tell you some really rude words. ;)

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I think it is pretty good considering he did it on paint

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    hey, i think its ok, you definatly know the rules of spritig, i like that!
    neat lines and pretty good shading...
    however you need to work on your anatomical skills some more.
    also... paint doesnt affect the quality of a sprite as such...
    i always use paint, its not different from using photoshop. in fact, i find it much easiuer to use paint...
    anyway, id definatly like to see more! and some nice steady improvment! ^^

Years
  • Thank you Aviator Maz, this was my first time ever making a sprite, so I don't really know what I'm doing. I just tried shading as best as I could and making it how I think it should be. What should I do next, and how should I improve on doing it?

Rainfall

~Solitude
    Years
  • Yeah, it is pretty good for paint. Paint is all I really have to do anything, since I don't have any fancy programs or nothing, but I'd say it's pretty good for a start. All that really needs improving is the fact that the body is a bit too long. Using the Free Form Select should fix it. Otherwise, I think it is awsome.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    just anatomy, give iyt more shape, ie the top of absols body was flat.
    (was that line tool abuse : ( i hope not!)
    erm.. try somthin smal and simple.. like eevee maybe?

Belzeebub

Spriter
    Years
  • this is good! thought it does need some work on the anatomy.
    I do think the shading is allright, i like that :)
    I would just point out that not all things are bad if you do it in paint. I don't have any fancy programs ( @:o ) so I use MS Paint, and it works just fine.
    check out http://pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=79636. I don't think that they are that bad :$

dreemxweever

Full fledged auto mechanic
    Years
    • Age 31
    • U.S.
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    absol

ha, man i give you props for just trying it in paint. i use photoshop for my spriting and graphix (much much more accurate, if not a pain in the neck) but i could never do something like that, i suck at freehand.. (hence the term splicing ;) )
    but yeah, its pretty good putting aside the roughness and maybe some needed improvement

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    To be honest, it's stupid to say "I only use paint" I've never done any of my pixel arts in anything bar paint,and they've all turned out decent.

You should work on the rear, round it off more, same applies for the upper torso, the feet are very sketchy, you should neaten those up as well, the head's fine, but the eyes need work. After all that you should use a better palette and re-shade the whole thing.

Oh, I'm pretty sure this thread is breaking the rules too :/

Years
  • I'll be posting more up, I'm doing an Eevee on paint and it's near done, if you want then lock this thread, and once I make 3 (is it 3 total or 4?) unlock it and then I guess we're good.

To be honest, it's stupid to say "I only use paint" I've never done any of my pixel arts in anything bar paint,and they've all turned out decent.

Guess what though, you've only used paint probably hundreds of times. This is my first time every doing a Pokemon drawing on paint. Sure I've done other things when I was little trying to draw happy faces not knowing there was a circle tool. So instead of saying "they've all turned out decent", and "it's stupid to say I only use paint" how about being kind and just telling me what I should work on. You implied that mine didn't turn out decent as well... Either lock this and re-open it when I have 2-3 more done, or just close it, because I don't really want to hear people telling me stuff like this. If people are like this all the time in the pixel center, then I don't want to make pixels anymore. You remind me of the preppy kids at school you pick on other kids because they don't play sports, or because they're smarter than them.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    how about being kind and just telling me what I should work on.

.:Kaku:. said:
    You should work on the rear, round it off more, same applies for the upper torso, the feet are very sketchy, you should neaten those up as well, the head's fine, but the eyes need work. After all that you should use a better palette and re-shade the whole thing.

Yeah, I blatantly didn't tell you what to work on at all. To be honest, it's criticism, the rules state we're supposed to give it, but if all you're gonna do is whine about it then you're right, you should probably give up.

Years
  • how about being kind and just telling me what I should work on.

but if all you're gonna do is whine about it then you're right, you should probably give up

Erm...? It wasn't whining, it was proving a point that you should be taught how to act to other people. What if I was an 8 year old because 8 year olds are on this forum... Yes the rules do say to give criticism but they don't say that you have to be mean while giving criticism...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back