Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.

TrollandToad.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1276    
Old April 9th, 2010 (5:41 AM).
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
Memento Mori
  • Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 14,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotico00 View Post
A-Trainer isn't saving the changes that I made in my Hack. How I can solve this?!?! Help plz! (I need it for the first Beta of my Hack =S)
Did you save the trainer and then the ROM?
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #1277    
Old April 9th, 2010 (1:03 PM).
Robotico00's Avatar
Robotico00 Robotico00 is offline
     
    Join Date: Feb 2010
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
    Did you save the trainer and then the ROM?
    Yes, I've saved many times, but only half of data is wrote in the ROM D=

    Example of the pokemon of Gary(that i've modified), in Viridian:

    Eevee lv. 9 - Tackle - Sand-Attack - Helping Hand - Tail Whip

    but A-Trainer wrote this on ROM:

    Eevee lv. 9 - Scratch(bug) - Thunder Wave(move from pikachu) - Growl(move from pikachu) - Helping Hand

    Sorry if my English is bad, I'm Brazilian \o
    Reply With Quote
      #1278    
    Old April 9th, 2010 (1:17 PM).
    ShinyBill ShinyBill is offline
       
      Join Date: Feb 2010
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Hardy
      Posts: 62
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Robotico00 View Post
      Yes, I've saved many times, but only half of data is wrote in the ROM D=

      Example of the pokemon of Gary(that i've modified), in Viridian:

      Eevee lv. 9 - Tackle - Sand-Attack - Helping Hand - Tail Whip

      but A-Trainer wrote this on ROM:

      Eevee lv. 9 - Scratch(bug) - Thunder Wave(move from pikachu) - Growl(move from pikachu) - Helping Hand

      Sorry if my English is bad, I'm Brazilian \o
      ENG: Try to see if the offsets are correct. It could be it. I once found myself battle two trainers with the same Pokémon because of that.
      PT: Tenta ver se os offsets estão correctos. Eu uma vez lutei com dois treinadores com os mesmos Pokémons por causa disso.
      Reply With Quote
        #1279    
      Old April 10th, 2010 (5:49 AM).
      Robotico00's Avatar
      Robotico00 Robotico00 is offline
         
        Join Date: Feb 2010
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 12
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by ShinyBill View Post
        ENG: Try to see if the offsets are correct. It could be it. I once found myself battle two trainers with the same Pokémon because of that.
        PT: Tenta ver se os offsets estão correctos. Eu uma vez lutei com dois treinadores com os mesmos Pokémons por causa disso.
        Hm, Thanks! A-Trainer isn't bugging today =P
        __________________
        This signature has been disabled.
        No spoilers allowed in signatures.
        Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

        You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

        Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
        Reply With Quote
          #1280    
        Old April 10th, 2010 (6:36 AM).
        HackMew's Avatar
        HackMew HackMew is offline
        Mewtwo Strikes Back
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Jun 2006
        Posts: 1,314
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Heart's Soul View Post
        Need a Russian translator? I can help.

        Вам нужен Англо-Русский переводчик? Я смогу вам помочь.
        Well, why not? I don't have one, so it would be definitely useful. Send me a PM so we can discuss about it further.


        Quote:
        Originally Posted by ShinyBill View Post
        I can translate whatever you need into portuguese.
        Could you send me a PM so we can talk about it more deeply?


        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Full Metal View Post
        lol, thats epic.
        so yea, you've not made any updates in a while...is there anythin goin awn inside the almighty factory? (Just kinda curious, thanks to OA ...)
        Well, you're wrong LOL

        First of all, I've updated the Shinyzer. Even if I didn't say it aloud. Second, I'm going to update A-Starter. Then release A-Intro and update A-Ptch. A-Trainer and XSE need updates as well. Since there's a lot of work, it will take a while, indeed.


        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Wild Electrode View Post
        The Advance Trainer is simply awesome. You are a hero for making that. Thank you very, very much! I haven't checked out your other tools, but judging by how incredible A-Trainer is, I'm assuming they are all very well programmed and easy to use for the technologically stupid, such as myself.

        All I would need now is one of the same caliber to edit Blue, Crystal, and Platinum. *wink wink*
        Thank you very much :)


        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Chimchar 9 View Post
        I'm having trouble using SMCA. Whenever I load pokemon R/S/E and select littleroot town, I put the X/Y for the boy & girl and then I test it then they start at someother random place. :\
        Well... that's definitely weird... did you test it with a clean ROM too?
        __________________
        Reply With Quote
          #1281    
        Old April 10th, 2010 (6:55 AM).
        Full Metal's Avatar
        Full Metal Full Metal is offline
        C(++) Developer.
        • Silver Tier
         
        Join Date: Jan 2008
        Location: In my mind.
        Age: 22
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Timid
        Posts: 806
        wow O_O thats a ton of updates.
        I know the wait will be worth it though ^-^
        __________________

        ★ full metal.

        I like to push it,
        and push it,
        until my luck is over.
        Reply With Quote
          #1282    
        Old April 10th, 2010 (8:07 AM).
        Heart's Soul's Avatar
        Heart's Soul Heart's Soul is offline
        Hey, look, I was gone.
           
          Join Date: Nov 2007
          Age: 22
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 2,536
          HackMew is, in my opinion, the greatest living hacker at the moment. He makes so much for everyone and his programs are the best.
          __________________
          I've been on this forum for about 10 years now. You guys wanna see a rare badge? I got some rare badges.
          Reply With Quote
            #1283    
          Old April 16th, 2010 (9:44 PM).
          Chaos Rush's Avatar
          Chaos Rush Chaos Rush is offline
             
            Join Date: May 2007
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 1,303
            I have a question.

            In APE, there was one palette I was about to edit. However, when I clicked on replace, a message popped up saying something like, "It's dangerous to mess with this palette" or something like that.

            Could you tell me why it's bad to replace certain palettes? I'm trying to change the text colors in the Ruby/Sapphire battle screen to match FireRed/LeafGreen/Emerald's.
            __________________
            Reply With Quote
              #1284    
            Old April 17th, 2010 (12:44 AM).
            Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
            Tropical Sunlight Tropical Sunlight is offline
            The Faltine
               
              Join Date: Mar 2008
              Location: Slovenia
              Age: 21
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 3,578
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
              I have a question.

              In APE, there was one palette I was about to edit. However, when I clicked on replace, a message popped up saying something like, "It's dangerous to mess with this palette" or something like that.

              Could you tell me why it's bad to replace certain palettes? I'm trying to change the text colors in the Ruby/Sapphire battle screen to match FireRed/LeafGreen/Emerald's.
              Were the codes of some of the colors in pink?
              __________________
              Reply With Quote
                #1285    
              Old April 17th, 2010 (6:14 AM).
              zZJoennZz's Avatar
              zZJoennZz zZJoennZz is offline
              What da!?
              • Silver Tier
               
              Join Date: Apr 2010
              Location: Philippines
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Jolly
              Posts: 188
              Youre tools help me alot..!
              __________________

              ...mehehehe
              Reply With Quote
                #1286    
              Old April 17th, 2010 (7:29 AM).
              Chaos Rush's Avatar
              Chaos Rush Chaos Rush is offline
                 
                Join Date: May 2007
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 1,303
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Tropical Sunlight View Post
                Were the codes of some of the colors in pink?
                Yep.
                http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/1903/pinkxk.png

                I just read the readme, I'm assuming it's the "safe-mode" thing. The ones with pink backgrounds probably why. So as long as I don't modify the pink ones, it's okay, right? Since I tried it on a backup and I successfully did what I wanted in-game.
                __________________
                Reply With Quote
                  #1287    
                Old April 17th, 2010 (11:57 PM).
                Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
                Tropical Sunlight Tropical Sunlight is offline
                The Faltine
                   
                  Join Date: Mar 2008
                  Location: Slovenia
                  Age: 21
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 3,578
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
                  Yep.
                  http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/1903/pinkxk.png

                  I just read the readme, I'm assuming it's the "safe-mode" thing. The ones with pink backgrounds probably why. So as long as I don't modify the pink ones, it's okay, right? Since I tried it on a backup and I successfully did what I wanted in-game.
                  I'd say yes, but if I were you I'd wait for HackMew's reply.
                  __________________
                  Reply With Quote
                    #1288    
                  Old April 19th, 2010 (4:37 PM).
                  Lyzak's Avatar
                  Lyzak Lyzak is offline
                  wishes he had a Hacking Team
                     
                    Join Date: Apr 2010
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Quiet
                    Posts: 33
                    Hm... As my title implies, I hack like a noob at the moment, so I'm looking for the right programs to help.
                    Since your a pro, hopefully you can point me to which of your programs do what, or who else has a tool with the function. ^.^
                    Also, if it's not too impolite, could you post a bit more detail under the descriptions of you tools? I would love it if they were more "noob" friendly, as I don't exactly understand all of it, and the descriptions are sometimes vague (example, I don't know what unLZ is/was).

                    Programs I need:
                    Change the world map. That means fly locations, links to towns/routes/others, and MAYBE pokedex info, too.
                    Scripter tool (I know you have one, but is it compatible with the AdvanceMap tool?)
                    Starter Changer (again, I know you have one. I'll have to check it out)
                    Perhaps a tileset editor/adder. I custom-design tiles for Pokemon Harmony at the moment, and possibly for my own hack once it gets under way.

                    Thanks a bundle!
                    Lyzák
                    Reply With Quote
                      #1289    
                    Old April 19th, 2010 (5:31 PM).
                    Buizark's Avatar
                    Buizark Buizark is offline
                    Always looking for an OU match
                       
                      Join Date: Dec 2009
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Calm
                      Posts: 72
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Lyzak View Post
                      Hm... As my title implies, I hack like a noob at the moment, so I'm looking for the right programs to help.
                      Since your a pro, hopefully you can point me to which of your programs do what, or who else has a tool with the function. ^.^
                      Also, if it's not too impolite, could you post a bit more detail under the descriptions of you tools? I would love it if they were more "noob" friendly, as I don't exactly understand all of it, and the descriptions are sometimes vague (example, I don't know what unLZ is/was).

                      Programs I need:
                      Change the world map. That means fly locations, links to towns/routes/others, and MAYBE pokedex info, too.
                      Scripter tool (I know you have one, but is it compatible with the AdvanceMap tool?)
                      Starter Changer (again, I know you have one. I'll have to check it out)
                      Perhaps a tileset editor/adder. I custom-design tiles for Pokemon Harmony at the moment, and possibly for my own hack once it gets under way.

                      Thanks a bundle!
                      Lyzák
                      1.Use UNLZ gba and a tutorial.
                      2.Yes
                      3.Ok...
                      4.Advance Map.
                      __________________
                      Reply With Quote
                        #1290    
                      Old April 20th, 2010 (3:39 AM).
                      zZJoennZz's Avatar
                      zZJoennZz zZJoennZz is offline
                      What da!?
                      • Silver Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Apr 2010
                      Location: Philippines
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Jolly
                      Posts: 188
                      The tools are awsome!!!!!... but the code is not working i got compile error
                      __________________

                      ...mehehehe
                      Reply With Quote
                        #1291    
                      Old April 20th, 2010 (6:27 AM).
                      Gamer2020's Avatar
                      Gamer2020 Gamer2020 is offline
                      Accept no Imitations!
                         
                        Join Date: Jun 2008
                        Location: Distant Land
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Bold
                        Posts: 910
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by zZJoennZz View Post
                        The tools are awsome!!!!!... but the code is not working i got compile error
                        That doesn't really help. How about putting up a screen shot or at least saying what the error code is?
                        __________________

                        Reply With Quote
                          #1292    
                        Old April 20th, 2010 (2:52 PM).
                        Ketchumall's Avatar
                        Ketchumall Ketchumall is offline
                        Soul Trainer
                           
                          Join Date: Apr 2010
                          Location: Michigan
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Relaxed
                          Posts: 21
                          New here but trying to dive right in, do not worry about me getting confused (too much ) I'll figure it out but mostly I just wanna know, should I download all of them? Or are there specific ones I do not NEED or should I just get em all and mess around?
                          __________________
                          Quote:
                          Space heaters make great house-warming gifts
                          [marq=SLIDE]75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature. 90% of teens today would die if Myspace had a system failure and was completely destroyed...If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, put this in your signature.[/marq]
                          ------- -----------------------------------------
                          -------- ^ -------------------------------- ^ ------------
                          Click here to feed me a Seaweed!---------- Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!

                          Spoiler:
                          I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature

                          Reply With Quote
                            #1293    
                          Old April 20th, 2010 (5:28 PM).
                          Full Metal's Avatar
                          Full Metal Full Metal is offline
                          C(++) Developer.
                          • Silver Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Jan 2008
                          Location: In my mind.
                          Age: 22
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Timid
                          Posts: 806
                          I reccomend downloading all of them, except maybe rom header editor, and the save file converter (unless you have a specific use for it of course).
                          I also would advise "playing around" as in my opinion, that is the best way to learn this stuff. (I learned that the hard way)
                          __________________

                          ★ full metal.

                          I like to push it,
                          and push it,
                          until my luck is over.
                          Reply With Quote
                            #1294    
                          Old April 21st, 2010 (5:07 AM).
                          Ketchumall's Avatar
                          Ketchumall Ketchumall is offline
                          Soul Trainer
                             
                            Join Date: Apr 2010
                            Location: Michigan
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Relaxed
                            Posts: 21
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Full Metal View Post
                            I reccomend downloading all of them, except maybe rom header editor, and the save file converter (unless you have a specific use for it of course).
                            I also would advise "playing around" as in my opinion, that is the best way to learn this stuff. (I learned that the hard way)
                            thanks for the advice. I had already decided to download them all than came to the end to see new posts. . . xD guess I dont need those two than, still gonna keep em in sep folders in case but . Now I get to mess around with them!
                            __________________
                            Quote:
                            Space heaters make great house-warming gifts
                            [marq=SLIDE]75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature. 90% of teens today would die if Myspace had a system failure and was completely destroyed...If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, put this in your signature.[/marq]
                            ------- -----------------------------------------
                            -------- ^ -------------------------------- ^ ------------
                            Click here to feed me a Seaweed!---------- Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!

                            Spoiler:
                            I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature

                            Reply With Quote
                              #1295    
                            Old April 21st, 2010 (9:14 PM).
                            zZJoennZz's Avatar
                            zZJoennZz zZJoennZz is offline
                            What da!?
                            • Silver Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Apr 2010
                            Location: Philippines
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Jolly
                            Posts: 188
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Gamer2020 View Post


                            That doesn't really help. How about putting up a screen shot or at least saying what the error code is?
                            Ok!! i will do it!!!......
                            __________________

                            ...mehehehe
                            Reply With Quote
                              #1296    
                            Old April 25th, 2010 (10:28 AM).
                            Lyzak's Avatar
                            Lyzak Lyzak is offline
                            wishes he had a Hacking Team
                               
                              Join Date: Apr 2010
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Quiet
                              Posts: 33
                              At risk of sounding totally un-hack-savvy, what IS unLZ? I feel like the description is less than vague.
                              Reply With Quote
                                #1297    
                              Old April 25th, 2010 (10:44 AM). Edited April 25th, 2010 by Full Metal.
                              Full Metal's Avatar
                              Full Metal Full Metal is offline
                              C(++) Developer.
                              • Silver Tier
                               
                              Join Date: Jan 2008
                              Location: In my mind.
                              Age: 22
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Timid
                              Posts: 806
                              As i said to the guy above, i reccomend playing around.
                              Unlz.gba is basically a tilemolester for compressed data: a miracle from the gods IMO.
                              It actually separates the files for you too, which is very nice.
                              __________________

                              ★ full metal.

                              I like to push it,
                              and push it,
                              until my luck is over.
                              Reply With Quote
                                #1298    
                              Old April 25th, 2010 (12:58 PM).
                              Lyzak's Avatar
                              Lyzak Lyzak is offline
                              wishes he had a Hacking Team
                                 
                                Join Date: Apr 2010
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Quiet
                                Posts: 33
                                Hm... I don't see much to play around with. I opened my ROM on it and I ended up with a bunch of distorted squares, and I have no idea what they are used for... "Tilemolester" doesn't really tell me anything, either. Would you mind elaborating?
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #1299    
                                Old April 25th, 2010 (2:12 PM).
                                Full Metal's Avatar
                                Full Metal Full Metal is offline
                                C(++) Developer.
                                • Silver Tier
                                 
                                Join Date: Jan 2008
                                Location: In my mind.
                                Age: 22
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Timid
                                Posts: 806
                                tilemolester is basically a thingy to edit un-compressed graphics in the gba, which is very dynamic, and useable.
                                unlz- tilemolester without the dynamics (it figures it out for you) or a scrollbar (replaced with the previous and next buttons)
                                really, it doesn't take a genius to figure unlz.gba out ... ._.?
                                Just incase...
                                1) Open ROM
                                2) Find the pic to edit (next/prev buttons...)
                                3) Export
                                4) Edit the exported image
                                5) Import the edited image
                                6) Write to ROM (on the same pic you exported)
                                7) If everything worked fine, your done. Otherwise...
                                8) Open FSF(or full metal freespace, either way) and search for the space it told you was needed
                                9) Write to ROM again. only this time, paste the offset from FSF (or full metal freespace, either way) into the image offset textbox, and check the "automatically re-point" option.
                                10) ~UR DONE!~ and the pic has been edited
                                __________________

                                ★ full metal.

                                I like to push it,
                                and push it,
                                until my luck is over.
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #1300    
                                Old April 25th, 2010 (11:46 PM).
                                Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
                                Tropical Sunlight Tropical Sunlight is offline
                                The Faltine
                                   
                                  Join Date: Mar 2008
                                  Location: Slovenia
                                  Age: 21
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 3,578
                                  HackMew, do you think you could include an A-Trainer feature that will allow you to export all the trainer data in one file and then import it?
                                  __________________
                                  Reply With Quote
                                  Reply

                                  Quick Reply

                                  Join the conversation!

                                  Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                  Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                  Sponsored Links
                                  Thread Tools

                                  Posting Rules
                                  You may not post new threads
                                  You may not post replies
                                  You may not post attachments
                                  You may not edit your posts

                                  BB code is On
                                  Smilies are On
                                  [IMG] code is On
                                  HTML code is Off

                                  Forum Jump


                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:04 AM.