• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's all this about bad models?

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
Years
  • I will explain, some old pokemons (slowbro, exeggutor, arcanine, typhlosion, etc) were not remodeled in Battle Revolution, so they are using the same models from Stadium 1 and 2 (yes, nintendo 64 graphics for these pokemons), however, some of the old ones were remodeled, like scyther and scizor, Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, and all the legendaries, like mewtwo, mew, moltres, zapdos, and articuno, were also remodeled

RSL

RaikouSpecialLover
    Years
  • If I'm not mistaken, Typhlosion's neck flame looks different; something tells me it was remodeled.

And technically speaking, they actually don't use the "old" models, they just reduce the vertice count on them to make them smoother.

Years
  • I don't get it either. People just like to complain. It makes them think people care about them & their opinions, or something. It's sad, really :(

I looked at all the ones people complain about, and they look fine, just as they did when they were allegedly in Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2. Y'know, just because they look the same doesn't mean they weren't remodeled. They could just look very similar.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
  • You see, I´m the nº1 typhlosion fan, do you have any idea of how ridiculous "my precious" (lord of the rings XD) is in this game?
    It´s flames looks like paper!
    typhlosion.jpg

And I get extremely angry for that, Charizard was remodeled, Moltres was remodeled, their flames now are just amazing, Infernape too, but 2 of my favorite pokemons are just the same from stadium 1 and 2:
    Typhlosion and Arcanine.
    And technically speaking, they actually don't use the "old" models, they just reduce the vertice count on them to make them smoother.
    It´s just a special light effect, but the models are the same, belive me,I compared them with Stage6 videos and my N64 with Stadium 2 on it.

Last edited:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • You see, I´m the nº1 typhlosion fan, do you have any idea of how ridiculous "my precious" (lord of the rings XD) is in this game?
    It´s flames looks like paper!
    typhlosion.jpg

And I get extremely angry for that, Charizard was remodeled, Moltres was remodeled, their flames now are just amazing, Infernape too, but 2 of my favorite pokemons are just the same from stadium 1 and 2:
    Typhlosion and Arcanine.

It´s just a special light effect, but the models are the same, belive me,I compared them with Stage6 videos and my N64 with Stadium 2 on it.

Yea I can tell, what you mean about the flame. It looks like it was just placed there. This is the wii Nintendo should know better, it still looks like it was from XD and colossuem

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Years
  • I can't recall seeing a typhlosion in Colosseum, but wasn't it like that in those games too? It's not supposed to be a big flame, it's thin. Like paper.

That still looks awesome, even though that's not a good pic. If it had visable eyes and teeth, it would be even better.

Got a pic of Arcanine?

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • bad pic or not, the flame still looks horrible. you dont have to see typhlosion in colossuem. But you can upload your team on it and see how horrible typhlosions flame is. Also evolve Quilava you'll see

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • I like the way Typhlosion looks there, even if it is poorly rendered. Makes it look cartoony. (y)

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    you guys can't even start to complain, if you think that those little thing makes the game unbearable, you obviously haven't visited the hacking forums. This game is amazing compared to the 95% rubbish that most people make their hacks into. You guys have no right to complain about this, there are 493 Pokemon, that would just take FOREVER to remodel 386 Pokemon and then remodel others again, and again, and again.

Luminous_Reaver

Never good enough
    Years
  • Oh god they used the same sprites for Mega Man 2 as they did for 1. And then on 3, 4, 5, and 6.

Really though, the models are fine.
    Now if they went and re-used textures... That would be absolutely horrible.

And I hope Typhlosion's flames aren't actually paper. Or I'll die. ;~;

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • you guys can't even start to complain, if you think that those little thing makes the game unbearable, you obviously haven't visited the hacking forums. This game is amazing compared to the 95% rubbish that most people make their hacks into. You guys have no right to complain about this, there are 493 Pokemon, that would just take FOREVER to remodel 386 Pokemon and then remodel others again, and again, and again.

Thats because they suck but game freak has more experience at this then amatures

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • OMG... that's the first time I've seen that. And I must agree, it isn't great. The fire doesn't look real enough, too paper-like.
    you guys can't even start to complain, if you think that those little thing makes the game unbearable, you obviously haven't visited the hacking forums. This game is amazing compared to the 95% rubbish that most people make their hacks into. You guys have no right to complain about this, there are 493 Pokemon, that would just take FOREVER to remodel 386 Pokemon and then remodel others again, and again, and again.
    You can't compare hacks to a console game. Time and money spent on hacks is nothing compared with what is done on these kind of game. Hacks are completely separate, also on a different console to what the hacks would be on.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
  • You see?
    Most of the people that were saying that I was crazy for complaining of Stadium=PBR 3D models, did´t even know about them.
    Oh no. One Pokemon out of nearly 500 looks bad. Whatever shall we do!!!! =o
    If I were to say how many not-remodeled pokemons are in PBR, I would say it´s something about 290 out of 493 pokemons, because a good amount in the first generation was not upgraded, the same goes for G/S/C generation, and only Groudon, Deoxys, and Kyogre were remodeled from the R/S/E generation (for the first preview video of course).

Got a pic of Arcanine?
    arcanine.jpg

As you can see, sharp corners forming a squarey Arcanine, just the same from Stadium.

Last edited:
    Years
  • That's all? Seriously? The way you make it seem is like it's horribly disfigured or something... you're whining about square-ish feet? That's crazy.

"Oh my gosh, let's take another half a year to round out all these feet so a few people who are going to buy the game anyway will be happy!" I'm sure that's exactly what they should have done ;)

Are you going to be staring at it's feet, 2 centimeters from the TV screen every second you're playing the game?

Also, would you quit calling them 'pokemons'? Please, they're 'pokemon'.

Years
  • People are defending this? Dear god. They are using graphics from TWO generations ago, I would like to see what you'd do if each pokemon had it's original generation's sprite, you'd call blue murder.

Fact is, this was rushed and obviously not planned well, I hope after this, abomination, this amaglimation of N64, NGC and Wii, they spend time on remodeling those they didn't redo. Also the "contact" is sloppy at best. I guess it's the best Genious Senority could pull out. >_>

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
  • You can´t see the rest of it, it´s squarey too, also if you can notice it´s feet like that in a small pic, imagine in a big TV screen.

Also, would you quit calling them 'pokemons'? Please, they're 'pokemon'
    Well it depends, here in my country the plural of pokemon is "pokemons". The same goes to the word "animal" if you can use the word "animals" for more than 1 animal, why not use the word "pokemons" for more than 1 pokemon? OK? ^^

Years
  • Well it depends, here in my country the plural of pokemon is "pokemons". The same goes to the word "animal" if you can use the word "animals" for more than 1 animal, why not use the word "pokemons" for more than 1 pokemon? OK? ^^
    Sorry, didn't look at the location. ^^;

You can´t see the rest of it, it´s squarey too
    Ok... then show me a pic of the rest of it to prove it.

People are defending this? Dear god. They are using graphics from TWO generations ago, I would like to see what you'd do if each pokemon had it's original generation's sprite, you'd call blue murder.
    That is completely different. 3D models =/= Sprites. The differences are far less noticable between 2 generations of sprites and of models.

Abomination? LMAO.

Back