• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Symphonia

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I saw that in Nintendo Power! I really want it. It looks deep, great art style and characters, and it?s on the GCN! ^_^ Just about two months to wait though. ;_;

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
  • Kairi said:
    I saw that in Nintendo Power! I really want it. It looks deep, great art style and characters, and it?s on the GCN! ^_^ Just about two months to wait though. ;_;
    Me too! I subscribe to it, so I got it a while ago. The battle system looks really fun, and I suppose it is deep, considering it takes two discs hehe...
    It's supposed to be an 80 hour quest.....and that's only the main one!
    At least I can play it all summer in two months hehe...

jj984jj

Elite Beat Fansubber
    Years
  • It looks good from the short clips I saw, Namco can make some good RPGs as well. Xenosaga for example.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • I got that in my nintendo power...it looks so awesome...I'm getting that, resident evil 4, and skys of arcadia...

BOO ya!

Scyther5

One DEAD GUTTED Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    Yeah, I dont know much about the game but it looks pretty awsome, so I resreved it. If you know where to get some info on it please inform me.

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
    Years
  • Yeah, can't wait to get this game, it looks awesome

*jumps up and down*

AAAAHHHHH!! Look, now you have reminded me about how much I want this game.

100marios

Years
  • Scyther5 said:
    Yeah, I dont know much about the game but it looks pretty awsome, so I resreved it. If you know where to get some info on it please inform me.
    You reserved it?
    I should think about doing that too!

Well, here's a site, if you haven't seen it already.

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/rpg/talesofphantasia/index.html

You'll have to make an account if you want to see the movies, but it's free, so there's really no problem.

Oh! Lt. Suge!
    Can I join you?
    Hehe..
    *jumps up and down too*

If you guys want to know just how much I'm looking forward to this game, I'm just as excited for it as Paper Mario 2. And, seeing as how I'm a pretty good Mario fan, that's saying a lot hehe...
    I haven't been this excited for a game for a long time now!

Last edited:

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I know! I think it?ll be on the best RPGs for the GCN. I liked reading about all the equipment and abilities in that issue of NP. That?s like the first game I actually hear about first in it. o.O;

It?s interesting how you fight determines the points you receive the buy stuff, and those EX Gems. They sound kind of like accessories, only maybe deeper? Since you can combine them and so on. You also actually get better at what you practice, I.E. if you use healing a lot, you learn more powerful healing sooner. I like the customizing of characters and stuff. ^_^ The real time should feel pretty interesting too! The anim? cutscenes are very pretty too? @_@

100marios

Years
  • Yup, I agree with all that hehe...

From what I read, the EX Gems are supposed to be customizable skills of some sort, that each of the character can have 4 of. I'm really excited about the multi player also. Single player mode seems fun enough by itself, but with others, it's a lot like FF:CC with an actual story! Wow! Hehe..
    You can also combine attacks with other members of your party, creating superpowerful 'unison attacks' (Which I'm sure you heard of hehe).

Seeing as how you can switch between which chaacter you want to use in battle, which one do you want to use the most?
    Lloyd Irving reminds me a lot of myself, so I really want to play as him. Not to mention he wields two katana blades hehe...

Scyther5

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    Well, 5 hours after I get the game I pop it in to realize its a peice of crap!

Just Kidding XD
    This Game rocks, it looks like it will be a classic, plus its two disks long..with over 80 hours of playability.

PS- Kratos, and Presea and Regal rock! Although I've only used Kratos so far XD

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I'll be getting this game eventually. I really want it. But I have some other games I wish to finish off first. It's odd that I even want this game; I don't usually find anime-ish RPGs appealing.

Tweak

the official site is: http://tales.namco.com i think. :)

i bought the game a couple days ago. my favorite characters are sheena and kratos. the music isn't too bad either, and i love the battle system, makes it more intresting that selecting attacks and waiting for the enemies turn. real-time action! i suggest getting this game if you own a gamecube, since it is as worth it as the newest zelda game coming out in the future (ok...maybe not, but close).

i love tales of symphonia!!! *runs back to play more* this may be a big spoiler...highlight below

i'm stuck at the tower of salvation and kratos keeps on whooping me up. yes...kratos turns crazy and evil. he was my favorite character, this is saddening.

Scyther5

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    I haven't gotten as far as you Zapchu..but I haven't played it much, I've been pretty busy.

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Ahh, I?m enjoying it. I kinda find battle a wee bit clumsy, but it feels pretty fun to go through another RPG, and a lot to learn about it. Plus it has a New game+ feature, gotta love that.

Scyther5

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    Yeah, the battle mechanic is pretty awsome. I like the fact that the charectors have there own unique weapons too.

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
  • I just bought the crappy game Custom Robo without consulting my Nintendo Power & Game Informer magazines first... Now TOS looks like it'll be what I buy with the money I get from selling Custom Robo at GameStop. I'm kinda looking forward to buying this game.

So, I'm assuming by all the good comments you guys are giving TOS that it is worth buying?

Tweak

Ahh, I?m enjoying it. I kinda find battle a wee bit clumsy, but it feels pretty fun to go through another RPG, and a lot to learn about it. Plus it has a New game+ feature, gotta love that.

Most of the Squaresoft games have that New Game + thingy as well. :) If any one of you remember Chrono Cross or Chrono Trigger.

Oh, I'm past the Tower of Salvation now and into (?)Tela Altha(?). If anyone needs help on the game, feel free to post here or PM me.

The game has a lot of not-so-good words in it...that's one thing I like about it. I also heard a PS2 version of Tales of Symphonia (Maybe a different adventure) will be released in the near future.

Scyther5

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    Well, I just got past the first seal XD, I really haven't played much though.....Its not thats its a bad game or anything, its just I've been busy.

Shukuen Shinobi

Ninja Dude
    Years
  • I bought TOS the day it came out, and I've played it for nearly 25 hours, and I'm STILL not on disc 2. I love the game a lot, I thought I was done with the game at first...but they throw something new at me, and I love it. I'm amazed that I'm still not at Disc 2 yet, but that only gets me more excited!

Tales of Symphonia is one of the best RPGs I've ever played.

If ya need help, you can PM me too, unless you are farther then me...

Spoiler: I am currently at...SPOILERS

Back