Modder / Programmer
- Age 35
- Seen Oct 27, 2023
[Tool] Hex Maniac AdvanceAuthor: haven1433
Current release: v0.5.2
IntroductionHexManiacAdvance is a hex editor designed for editing Pokemon GBA games. It specifically targets the English games Ruby (AXVE), Sapphire (AXPE), FireRed (BPRE), LeafGreen (BPGE), and Emerald (BPEE) and can edit the 1.0 and 1.1 versions. Being a hex editor, it can view an edit any data in the file. But for a lot of data, HexManiacAdvance offers an enriched editing experience which can rival and surpass other editors like PGE, G3T, and Yape.
For all you binary Rom Hackers, I need you to give it a try and let me know what you think. I want it to be the most useful hex editor possible for Gen 3 ROM hacking, but I can't do that without feedback from hackers like you!
- Edit Pokemon names, stats, evolutions, moves, and pokedex entries
- Edit Trainer names, items, and pokemon teams
- Edit Move names, stats, and descriptions
- Edit Item stats and effects
- Edit many other miscellaneous tables in the game like multi-choice text lists, what moves are effected by SoundProof, how much money different types of trainers give you, in-game trades, and what moves won't appear during metronome
- Edit many constants within the game, such as the shiny odds, the stat boost for various badges, or the exp boost for lucky egg or traded pokemon
- Edit existing maps, or create entirely new ones!
- Simple event scripts are transformed into controls in a panel, making it easy to edit trades, pokeballs, trainers, NPCs, and more.
- Built-in script editor with auto-repoint.
- Advanced map drawing features like 9-grid support, smart-fill, and a mixing bag.
- Adjust map size and connections visually.
- Find and edit almost any text in the game
- Safely and automatically repoint text that's too long to fit in its original space
- Edit images and tilemaps directly within HMA, or use import/export to convert from PNG so you can use your favorite image editor
- Never worry about tilesets again: HMA lets you treat tilemaps just like any other sprite
- Edit the title screen and the menus
- Edit the townmap and player icons
- Edit sprites of pokemon, trainers, items, and Overworld characters
- Edit type icons
- Have full control over how you handle shared palettes, or ask HMA to do it for you
- View/Edit events scripts like you would with XSE
- HMA can integrate with AdvanceMap as a script editor
- View/Edit battle scripts and animation scripts for your moves
- View/Edit thumb code
- Safely add the Fairy type to your game
- Expand your game with any number of additional moves
- Create and apply patches (.ips and .ups)
- Reorder your pokedex
- Export backups as you work
- Create or apply patches in the IPS or UPS format
- Create backups of your hack to prevent loss of work
- An active discord community to help with any problems you encounter
- Frequent releases with bugfixes and new features
Notes: Please report any bugs in the Discord server. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any trouble!