• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen new way to get pokerus in less than 5 mins!

MrRandomIDon'tCare

I'm Not Here
    Years
    i just found a supreme way of getin pokerus. you need a gba action replay cheat cart but it doesnt work on GBA/DS one. activate the one hit kill, master ball slot 1 cheats (ive only tested this on ruby, shuld work on sapphire, not sure) and then walk into long grass. u shud encounter a question mark (the symbol in the pokedex when u haven't seen or caught a certain pokemon). then, catch it with a master ball and then go to a pokemon centre. it SHOULD come up as 'Bad egg' in your party on the menu, and i found it helpful to name it 'questionmrk' or something that tells u wot it is. when u give it a nickname, look to the top left hand corner. theres a sort of brownish ivysaur. this is a sign that it is working. talk to the person in the pokecentre, and shell say something like 'ur pokemon are infected with Pokerus' or something like that. catch LOADS of these bad eggs and then put them in each box of ur pc. u now have a whole game infected with pokerus.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Or, if you're already resigned to cheating, you could find & put in the cheat to get instant Pokerus, no other work needed...

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Yea that looks like a waste of time if you have a action reply or a Game shark, just hunt down for the code. I would do that if I couldn't find the Pokerus code

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    u now have a whole game infected with pokerus.

You also have a whole game loaded with Bad Eggs, the ultimate trademark of a cheater.

I got Pokerus in a legit way (first five minutes of play, actually... boy was I surprised), so if anyone is that desperate for Pokerus, I would be happy to work as a Pokerus harvester and trade over to people when D/P comes out. But I would stronger advise against using Gameshark, and even the much-safer Action Replay, since I did it once myself and completely screwed up my game.

bobpickle

Beginner Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    are there negative side effects of pokerus
    i gamesharked to get a moon stone
    and then noticed all my pokemon have pkrs
    should i restart all over again or will my pokemon game continue on normally?

bobpickle

Beginner Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    Question, i guess to those people who have had pokerus in Emerald.

It says stats gained are suppose to double through level up with effected Pokemon, I have pokemon with pokerus (whose statis says pkrs in purple kind of like when they are poisoned) and there is really o change in stats, some go up 1,2,3 points (sometimes zero as well)

With pokerus is the change actually shown when the pokemon levels up, like instead of saying +2 will it show +4, cuz my effected pokemon have experienced no realy change

Overclocked

Paired with......Myself
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 1, 2007
    I remember playing ruby on VBA one time so I could give them all Pokérus. It worked but after a while it left, I turn off the cheat, play it for a week, and there it is, my raichu with Pokérus! That was probably one of the most weirdest expieriences in the game.

Hippo

Cookie MOnster
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2007
    are there negative side effects of pokerus
    i gamesharked to get a moon stone
    and then noticed all my pokemon have pkrs
    should i restart all over again or will my pokemon game continue on normally?

Pokerus doubles EVs that you recieve. Its good if you're EV training. Bad if you aren't and get EVs you don't want. If you already have maxed EVs, it doesn't really matter.

It says stats gained are suppose to double through level up with effected Pokemon, I have pokemon with pokerus (whose statis says pkrs in purple kind of like when they are poisoned) and there is really o change in stats, some go up 1,2,3 points (sometimes zero as well)

With pokerus is the change actually shown when the pokemon levels up, like instead of saying +2 will it show +4, cuz my effected pokemon have experienced no realy change
    It doubles EVs, so you only need to faint 2 pokemon for a +1 when you level up. Read about EV training (serebii.net/pokedex-rs/ev.shtml (I can't post the URL, but add a www, and it really helps, good article, or ask about it around here, theres people who can explain it pretty well...)) if you don't know about it, then you'll understand it a little better. I didn't know when i first heard of it.

I've never gotten the Pkrs... I've been playing since blue/red came out too... I hope to get it soon...

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years

It doesn't double the actual stat, it doubles EV points. What EV points are almost 'freebee' stat enhancers you can acquire through battling certain pokes. Each Pokemon has a max of 510 EVs that can be obtained total, and 255 EVs (252 if you do your math right, which is coming up next) per individual stat. For every 4 EVs you obtain in a battle, you will get an extra +1 for the designated stat.

For example... say I wanted to boost my Metagross' attack stat. A Carvhana goves out +1 EV to the Attack stat. So to get the full potential out of EVs, I would have to battle 252 of those devilish fishies to get a stat boost of +63 to the Attack stat. That's quite an increase.

But 252 battles is also quite an amount to battle... that's where Pokerus comes in. Since it doubles EV points, instead of getting +1 to Attack, you would get +2, cutting the amount of battles in half. And Pokerus combined with the Macho Brace makes Ev training a walk in the park, since Macho Brace also doubles EVs. That means that with Pokerus AND Macho Brace, each Carvhana will give me +4 EVs to Attack, cutting the amount of battles from 252 all the way down to 63.

Sometimes the increase is obvious, sometimes it isn't. You may just get +5 or +6 to the certain stat for a bunch of levels until it makes up the difference, and sometimes you'll get huge boosts. I remember I used a Rayquaza to help out with EV training ('cause it's difficult to fully EV train a Poke from level 5 on its own!), and one level gave Rayquaza +21 to Attack.

That is my quick explanation to EVs... if you search around the Simple Questions thread, there are some good guides written by me and a few other people on how to go about EV training, and which Pokes give out EVs to which stats.

Hope this helped a bit!

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    The thing that pisses me off is that the people who have no clue whatsoever about Pokerus seem to be the ones that get it. I have been playing Pokemon since day one and STILL have not been blessed with it. Just isn't fair.

bobpickle

Beginner Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    haha shanecdavis i guess thats the way pokerus works (lol to be fair i gamesharked it)

thanks everyone it really helped me a lot

Hippo

Cookie MOnster
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2007
    I didn't know that Pokérus was in r/b/y.

its not, but its easier to say i've been playing since blue/red than since pokerus came around.
    And i'm still mad i don't have it, or ever have had it. Nor has my brother...

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    The thing that pisses me off is that the people who have no clue whatsoever about Pokerus seem to be the ones that get it. I have been playing Pokemon since day one and STILL have not been blessed with it. Just isn't fair.

I haven't been blessed with a Shiny yet, so don't be too down on yourself. And besides, Pokerus really opened me up to EVs, and has made me a little bit better of a trainer. In all honesty, looking back, I'm happy I got Pokerus instead of a Shiny... it's just much more useful.

If you're that into it, Shane, I'll trade ya a Pokerus infected commoner when D/P comes out; granted, of course, Pokerus is available in D/P.

Oh, and Overclock, Pokerus was introduced in Gold/Silver/Cystal, although I hear it was much more rare.
    Like the chances of you getting it is practically ZERO.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Yes, shiny Pokes are absolutely worthless to me. I would much rather waste my time in an attempt to make my Poke better (i.e. catching Pokerus or improving IVs) than getting a Poke of a different color. Neat. An Adamant Chansey is still a big piece of crap, regardless of what color it is.

At any rate, I would be more than willing to trade you a shiny Kyogre for an infected Zigzagoon or any common Poke you might have. I would even mail you my Ruby cart in order to do it, as long as you don't rip me off. PM me if you would be at all interested.

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
    Years
    i just found a supreme way of getin pokerus. you need a gba action replay cheat cart but it doesnt work on GBA/DS one. activate the one hit kill, master ball slot 1 cheats (ive only tested this on ruby, shuld work on sapphire, not sure) and then walk into long grass. u shud encounter a question mark (the symbol in the pokedex when u haven't seen or caught a certain pokemon). then, catch it with a master ball and then go to a pokemon centre. it SHOULD come up as 'Bad egg' in your party on the menu, and i found it helpful to name it 'questionmrk' or something that tells u wot it is. when u give it a nickname, look to the top left hand corner. theres a sort of brownish ivysaur. this is a sign that it is working. talk to the person in the pokecentre, and shell say something like 'ur pokemon are infected with Pokerus' or something like that. catch LOADS of these bad eggs and then put them in each box of ur pc. u now have a whole game infected with pokerus.

Bad eggs live up to their name. I have a perfectly good game on VBA, and I got a Bad Egg, so I ran around, and it hatched and corrupted my game. ;-;

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    The legal way get pokerus below 5 mins by trading with friend who have it ^^
    My friends get it when i trade a pokemon with pokerus to them. With D/p wi-fi tade i think it's even easier to find someone to trade a pokerus-ed pokemon since now you don't have to find someone live close to you

MrRandomIDon'tCare

I'm Not Here
    Years
    All im sayin is, for those who dont have pkrs and want it, just do this or get the cheat, then u can just delete any other Bad Eggs from ur game. its a form of deperate measures.

Back