• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: My Evolution!

CheerDream

Warrior of Light
    Days
    • Age 17
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    PME logo.png
    Pokémon: My Evolution! is an open-world and story-driven fangame taking place in a brand new region!

We're going to be using Pokémon Essentials for this project. Also, this is a little reminder that the game is a little different from what you may be used to.​
    Story
    After having been found by a special girl 10 years ago, the search for the greatest treasure in your heart gets intertwined with a much more complex matter: interdimensional faults have begun to become more and more frequent in Zinta, now invaded by the terrible Shadow Pokémon... The Shadow Eclipse is just around the corner, and Cipher seems to have something to do with it! Will you be able to stop its shady plots and maintain the balance between Zinta and the other dimensions, whose indissoluble bond has its roots in the past?

Plans for the game
    - Fully custom OST
    - Custom Battle Backgrounds
    - The ability to choose your own starter after confirming your player choice before actually starting the game - if you want to know the starters you can choose from, please go to the Discord server!
    - The Grass/Fire/Water starter trios have branched evolutions now!
    - Gimmicks now activate through a Synergy Ring
    - Multiple paths
    - Open-world
    - Travelling companions
    - Cipher from the Orre side-games as the evil team; Shadow Pokémon are included
    - Custom Trainers to battle
    - Sidequests that are not related to the main story - with some exceptions
    - New types
    - Repurposed Stellar type, with the new Rainbow type getting its canon version's effects
    - A very long Gym Challenge (32 Gyms and an Elite 4) - you can challenge at least eight Gyms if you want things to be easy for you!
    - Almost every canon Pokémon up to Pecharunt included
    - Custom variants - as well as Mega, Gigantamax, and Terastal forms - for hundreds of Pokémon
    - Brand-new Fakemon
    - Seasons mechanic
    - The ability to Devolve
    - Temporary Evolution during a battle
    - Menu to view Evolution requirements and Evolve
    - Expansive postgame

Even though I can't code, this game will mean a lot to me, and I would love some extra, decently-to-very devoted reinforcement in the following roles:
    Coders
    - This is especially important, as I'm not a very good coder, and I would like to learn and get help from them. I would also like additional scripts added in, such as the ability for a Pokémon to devolve, more than one travel partner and a Buddy Pokémon travelling alongside the player, and the ability for a Pokémon to temporarily evolve during a battle.

Spriters (All are in a GEN 4/5 STYLE)
    Spriters are very diverse, so I will break it down into the following categories:

Trainers

- Trainer Sprites, Overworlds, Vs. Mugshots, etc.

Pokémon

- Sprite/design (come up with) Regional Forms, Backsprites, some Overworlds, Icons, etc.

Tiles

- Tiles/tilesets in a (Gen 4/5 style) for everything ranging from Routes and cities to the Elite Four rooms. These must be made with the RPG Maker format in mind (32x32)

Item Icons
    - Sprite icons for items ranging from new Poké Balls to Key Items

UI

- New UI, including but not limited to, Pokédex, Pause Menu, and Pokémon Storage Box

Large-Scale Pixel Art

- Pixel Art for the title screen, credit images, battle backgrounds, promotional art, etc.
    Composers
    - Compose custom tracks for Towns/Cities, POIs, Routes/Caves, Encounter/Character Themes, Battle and Victory Themes, Sound Effects, and Remasters of old tracks

- Must also have the ability to make tracks using Gen 4/5 Soundfonts

Ruby Scripters
    - Scripters are tasked with coding new features, menus/UI, ability/move codes, adapting old scripts for new versions of Essentials, etc

- Scripters must be experienced in Ruby scripting

Artists
    - Artists will make concepts for Pokémon, items, trainers, and so forth

- They can also make storyboards for stuff like intros, cutscenes, promotional videos, etc

Our Discord serer is finally here! I can't wait to work with you if you want to join the staff team! https://discord.com/invite/yfxrJ4BUGW

Problem is I currently can't use Essentials due to an IRL problem I'd rather keep a secret, sorry...!

Last edited:

CheerDream

Warrior of Light
    Days
    • Age 17
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    Bump! We already got some ideas for the game! Plus, we got a head artist and a suggtestor!

CheerDream

Warrior of Light
    Days
    • Age 17
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    Bump! Some details have been changed. For example, instead of a Gym Challenge, we have a tournament similar to it! We also got a few more members joining the staff team!

Back