• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Sword and Shield Ultimate GBA English Version

Days
    • Seen today
    I finished my playthrough last night, and I just thought I would mention how well the translation is done! While the gameplay by Jean and their team is quite rough around the edges, it still does a solid job at condensing the Galar region in the GBA format. My biggest gripe with the existing translation before this was how poorly done it was, not to mention the poor grammar and numerous typos that made it difficult for me to follow along. Thank you for giving back to the community, Phantomsy!
    PS: Any idea where I should head to start the post-game? Thank you!
    Thanks ! I made sure that the translation was a close as possible, keeping the theming and British slang! I've tried to smoothen the experience, but not being the original dev limits the amount of smoothing i can do. Head to Sonia's lab, Leon should greet you to bring the armor pass, which you bring to the train station in wedgehurst.

NorseTLoki

Eilreicht Bass
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    Finished an older version (one or two before the current one) earlier today. I recommend it. Kept me interested and looking around. Did a few raids, etc.
    At the start, I believe I found it a tad grindy, can't remember since I planned to finish this in a week but because of some health related things I ended up taking my time with it. Anyway, after that the entire thing is a breeze imo, at least I didn't find it difficult in the slightest until the end when you fight Leon. His pokemon were the same level as my highest pokemon in my party (figured its intentional) so for those who just use one pokemon through the whole thing, you'll have issues. My highest was ten levels higher than my other pokemon and I had a bit of a back and forth with fainting pokemon. I would take one out and he would take one out, etc. Had to use three max revives. Just a FYI. Overall, I liked it.

Days
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    Do you have the corrected game without the translation? or a tutorial to fix it? I'm Brazilian and I just want to fix the game.

Days
    • Seen today
    Finished an older version (one or two before the current one) earlier today. I recommend it. Kept me interested and looking around. Did a few raids, etc.
    At the start, I believe I found it a tad grindy, can't remember since I planned to finish this in a week but because of some health related things I ended up taking my time with it. Anyway, after that the entire thing is a breeze imo, at least I didn't find it difficult in the slightest until the end when you fight Leon. His pokemon were the same level as my highest pokemon in my party (figured its intentional) so for those who just use one pokemon through the whole thing, you'll have issues. My highest was ten levels higher than my other pokemon and I had a bit of a back and forth with fainting pokemon. I would take one out and he would take one out, etc. Had to use three max revives. Just a FYI. Overall, I liked it.
    Glad you enjoyed. There are some parts that will be hard, like battling the dev house or the battle tower and a few lvl 100 teams in the crown tundra. The eternatus battle was pretty tough for me, but i like using teams that are of mons i like, rather than have good coverage. Should be just a fun way to experience SWSH in my opinion, less so a difficulty hack. Nuzlocking it might be more of a challenge if that's what people are looking for.

Days
    • Seen today
    Do you have the corrected game without the translation? or a tutorial to fix it? I'm Brazilian and I just want to fix the game.
    Which corrections? I made a compatibility patch for the Brazilian version to work on all emulators+ original hardware, but i haven't made all of the same QOL/bug fixes to it. You can play PCLGs base 1.5 swsh ultimate and it should be fairly similar. The differences will be noted in the changelog, most of which are translation related. I'd be happy to provide the compatibility patch if you are looking to play on something that is incompatible with Portuguese version 1.5.

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi Everyone!

I've been obsessed with the idea of GBA demakes for later games for a little while now. I stumbled across PCL.g and Jean star's Sword and Shield GBA game.

There are a few versions of this game floating around online. The regular version and an ultimate version. The regular version is in both Portuguese and English, while the Ultimate version is only in Portuguese.

While very cool in concept, these games all suffer from compatibility issues. They can only be played on specific emulators with specific settings. I did a deep dive into all of these roms in order to try to gain functionality on real hardware (ie, flashable repro. carts). The non-ultimate versions have a bug which will not allow you to progress past the title screen and will crash. I have had no success in fixing that version.

That left me with the Ultimate version. The Ultimate version worked...kinda. It contained game breaking bugs which caused crashes when you try to view either your bag or your party. This makes it impossible to catch Pokemon, use items, and many other issues which you could conceive.

I have fixed those bugs and now the game is playable on all emulators I have tested (mGBA, VBA-M, and no$gba) and functions on reflashed reproduction cartridges as well as on the Analogue pocket's openFPGA.

The game was still only in Portuguese. As a native English speaker, I wanted to play in my own language. I have faithfully translated the Ultimate version into English.

Here I am sharing a .ups patch which you can patch to a base Fire Red ROM which you may use to play on any medium of your choosing!

I want to again emphasize. I take no credit for the creation of this ROM hack, I merely translated it to English and fixed some bugs to make it compatible with real hardware. I asked PCL.G for permission to distribute this version and he approved my request.

Credit:
    Full credit to PCL.G and Jean stars, and various other members of their team who helped bring this rom to life originally!

Features:

- Full Gym Challenge.
    - Full Sword and Shield Story.
    - Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra post-game.
    - Auto-run by pressing L.
    - Dexnav in the menu.
    - Dynamax by pressing R on a move in battle when Dynamax is possible.
    - Gigantimax
    - Mega evolution
    - Z-moves
    - Ultra beasts

Screenshots:
    View attachment 155297View attachment 155298View attachment 155299View attachment 155300View attachment 155302View attachment 155303View attachment 155304View attachment 155305

Known Bugs:

• In the Wyndon train station, there is an Eevee kid that will freeze the game if you speak to them prior to the piers event.
    • Do not return to Rose Tower after you have beaten it, Piers will block the way and you will be stuck!
    • Do not forget to go to the left of the stow-on-side gym for the mural event. Missing this event will mess up the corviknight flying taxi system.
    • in the mission to get the Z-bracelet, please give the man his Mudsdale back. Holding on to it will cause issues.
    • in the Isle of Armor, the absolute last thing you should do is battle Honey, she gives you the crown pass. She may give it to you if you haven't completed everything else.
    • Some collision issues.
    • Few scenarios where there are blank or repeated text boxes.

Wyndon Gift Codes:

• "3211"
    • "4092"
    • "4284"
    • "4418"
    • "4493"
    • "5377"
    • "5563"
    • "7060"
    • "7268"
    • "7877"
    • "7909"
    • "7950"
    • "8033"
    • "8992"
    • "2023"
    • "oizber"
    • "ufhgdz"
    • "jsvmru"
    • "uhqyek"

UPDATE:

Changelog from version 1.0:

• Untranslated text for if you selected a female character.
    • Names of pokemon with regional forms do not have period in front of them.
    • When you recieve the rotom phone, the description is now in english.
    • If you try to enter the route to magnolias house before you talk to leon at the lab, he will now tell you to go talk to leon instead of to go and get a potion.
    • Portuguese text after loosing to Hop at magnolias house
    • Portuguese text at the desk in the Motostoke Stadium
    • Portuguese text during the initial bike encounter at the bridge.
    • Portuguese text when looking at the "tapestries" for the darkest day story
    • EV / IV checker desription modified, Item sprite changed to a Carbos (seemed fitting)
    • Evolution items descriptions translated to english
    • League card item names and descriptions translated
    • Other various key items descriptions modified
    • Changed the trainer on route 2 to say Squirtle instead of caterpie.
    • Added a note to Sonia's dialogue when she gives you rotom phone to let you know its also a PC.
    • Battle tower now fully translated
    • Mystery gift translated
    • tart and sweet apple now work correctly
    • various translation and grammer corrections.
    • shiny rate dropped from ~1/250 to 1/8192. You should not get any more palette-less shinies.
    • Bag graphics modified to white background
    • Text boxes now have a slight grey border.
    • Karrablast/Shelmet evolution method corrected, evolves via link cable item
    • Umbreon and Espeon can now be obtained via Moon and Sun Stone for those who dont have RTC. Normal time based methods can still be used
    • Rockruff can be evolved via Moon, Dawn, and Dusk stone for Midnight, Midday, and Dusk form Lycanroc for those who don't have RTC. Normal time based methods can still be used.
    • Poliwhirl evolves to Politoed via link cable.
    • Pikachu evolves to Alolan Raichu via water stone.
    • Dusclops evolves via Reaper Cloth like a stone.
    • various grammatical corrections.
    • various remaining Portuguese translated to English.
    • Town map on the walls will now load correctly.
    • Allister league card name corrected
    • Various Trainer named fixed.
    • various typos corrected.
    • untranslated text in crown tundra translated.
    • Shaderoot carrot name translated
    • NPC security guard at Kabu's gym will now direct the player to the hotel to battle Marnie to help prevent players from getting lost.
    • Added Hisuian Typhlosion, Decidueye, and Samurott, evolve from 2nd stage using Link Cable.
    • Added Archeludon, Evolve from Duraludon using Link Cable.
    • Added Dipplin and Hydrapple, evolves from Applin via level up at level 30 and 44 respectively.
    • Split evolution regionals like Exeggcute, Cubone, Koffing, and Mime Jr. evolve into their kanto forms by default. Use a link cable to evolve to Alolan/Galar form, or use an ice stone on Mime Jr. for ice type Mr. Mime.
    • Added new Wild Area water spawns (fishing and surfing) to Wild Area 1 (near Motostoke Station), Wild Area 6 (Ice), Wild Area 8 (Dragon).
    • Translated Portuguese text in the Pokemon League.
    • Various other translations. There should be no remaining untranslated text.
    • Fixed Hydrapple shiny palette.
    • Fixed Koffing unable to evolve into Galar Weezing, Now evolves by default into Kanto Weezing. Use a Link cable to evolve into Galar Weezing.
    • Fixed Jynx abilities.
    • Added water spawns in Galar mine 1, Route 5, Route 6, and more!
    • Nearly all water should have fishing and surfing spawns. Isle of armor doesn't have as many fishing spawns though.
    • Zweilous spawns in the dragon wild area now.
    • Fixed softlock that trapped players in Rose tower.
    • NPC in 3rd gym will direct players more accurately to avoid them getting lost.
    • Rusty Sword and Shield items will work to convert Box Legends.
    • NPC in the Crown Tundra will sell Rusty Sword/Shield, costs 1 pokedollar,
    Credit to thedarkdragon11 on pokecommunity for Hisuian sprites, Archeludon, and Dipplin. Credit to DegelAlex on deviantart for the basis of the Hydrapple back sprite, and https://twitter.com/EBaruON on twitter/X for the basis for the Hydrapple Front sprite. I did modify the Hydrapple sprite myself to properly downsize it to 64x64 for use in this rom.

Support:
    I have created a discord server to support this version:

Download:
    Download Version 3.1.2:
    Attached zip of .ups file. Left file patch to FireRed USA, Europe (Rev1), Right patch to squirrels. Patch using Rom Patcher JS. Patching tutorial available on the discord.
    [/URL]
    looks awesome, im in!

NorseTLoki

Eilreicht Bass
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    Glad you enjoyed. There are some parts that will be hard, like battling the dev house or the battle tower and a few lvl 100 teams in the crown tundra. The eternatus battle was pretty tough for me, but i like using teams that are of mons i like, rather than have good coverage. Should be just a fun way to experience SWSH in my opinion, less so a difficulty hack. Nuzlocking it might be more of a challenge if that's what people are looking for.
    Yea I beat it and haven't looked around for anything else after. It was an enjoyable playthrough though.

Days
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    Is there an original file? My emulator won't open either of the zips that I downloaded from here. Also just a heads up, I know close to nothing about modding, coding, etc.

Days
    • Seen today
    Is there an original file? My emulator won't open either of the zips that I downloaded from here. Also just a heads up, I know close to nothing about modding, coding, etc.
    Youll need a fire red rom to apply the "patch" files i have provided to. These files i have in the post are not the game. They modify fire red to make the game. If you have discord, i have provided a tutorial there!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
    So, I started the post-game in the Isle of Armor, and came across this huge Wailord sprite. Interacting with it caused my Emulator to crash (I am using Pizzaboy).
    I know you mentioned that you do not feel the need to update the game any further, but the maps for the isles of armor are extremely large, making it difficult to traverse through. I do hope you consider making them a bit smaller.

Attachments

• Sword and Shield Ultimate GBA English Version
      Wailmer.jpg
      40.6 KB · Views: 1
    Days
    • Seen today
    So, I started the post-game in the Isle of Armor, and came across this huge Wailord sprite. Interacting with it caused my Emulator to crash (I am using Pizzaboy).
    I know you mentioned that you do not feel the need to update the game any further, but the maps for the isles of armor are extremely large, making it difficult to traverse through. I do hope you consider making them a bit smaller.
    Oh no. I can certainly look into the crash, but updating the mapping is outside the scope of what I plan to do. I do recognize that both the isle of armor and crown tundra maps are too big, so in my discord, I have provided a screenshot off the entirety of the maps of the DLC regions to assist in navigating these huge open spaces. If you don't use discord for one reason or another, i think i can find another way to share within this post.

Additionally, i have begun work on a demake of my own, so I won't be dedicating much more time to this project. I plan to continue to monitor and implement changes if bugs are severe enough and easy enough to fix. I have released version 3.1.3 on discord, but it is very minor and I've been busy, so I'll update here over the next few days.

Days
    • Seen today
    Thank you so much for letting me know. I am pretty pumped about the fact that you are working on a demake! Really curious to see how that turns out!
    I'm using the off topic channel in my discord to post updates if you'd like to follow the VERY early stages. Eventually it will get its on pokecommunity page

Back