• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Togetic Move-set Help?

Dranxis

Adorer of Sandslash
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 10, 2004
    Well, I'm training a Togetic (I tend to go more for Pokemon that complete the balance of my team than all-out Pokemon with dizzying stats. Otherwise, I would be using lengendaries. :)) and am concerned with giving him a well-rounded move-set. Currently it stands thus:

Attract (may keep)
    Sweet Kiss (probably delete, maybe keep)
    Fly (not too sure. What do you think? I want an evasive attack that builds on STAB, but many types are resilient to Flying)
    Swift (delete)

Yes, it needs work. However, I am not too sure what moves I can supply him that will render him versatile (I need to work on versatility). I am considering:

- Shadow Ball (Pesky Ghosts! Even better for Darks and Psychics!)
    - Double-edge (naturally learned, powerful attack that is boosted by STAB. Just in case my other elemental attacks don't suit, I can always rely on good old Normal)
    - Steel Wing (controls Ice and Rock, Togetic's worst enemies)

Maybe Rest or some other more defensive attack.

In any case, what do you think? I am terrible at building move sets, and would appreciate advice. I also need to decide on a good item.

BoSox18

GO SOX!
    Years
    hmm, ok i will help you, can you help my team, its the thread under yours.

Togetic
    Toxic
    Whirlwind/roar
    baton pass
    Double team

togeys stats arnt that good thats why this is a good setup, toxic them,use double team then whirlwind then baton pass to your sweeper and voila! they are dead lol.

Dranxis

Adorer of Sandslash
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 10, 2004
    Hmm, good strategy, I may consider using it. I would prefer to build around Togetic's own strengths rather than use him purely for a immunizing Pokemon, however. Thanks anyway though.

Dranxis

Adorer of Sandslash
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 10, 2004
    Ooh, I like the Sunny Day/Flamethrower/Solarbeam combination. Very clever! Takes advantage of Togetic's decent special while eliminating some of his main weaknesses. I may consider it, but still am partial to using attacks that don't rely so heavily on Sunny Day, and can take on almost anything. Besides, Fire and Grass are good, but are limited in usage towards only certain types. Meep... One things for sure, though, I'll definetly be using Leftovers (helps recover that annoying recoil). :]

Windspeed

~~~Spirit of the Wind~~~
    Years
    BoSox18 said:
    hmm, ok i will help you, can you help my team, its the thread under yours.

Togetic Serene Grace @ Leftovers
    Toxic
    Whirlwind/roar Attract
    baton pass Light Screen/Reflect
    Double team

togeys stats arnt that good thats why this is a good setup, toxic them,use double team then whirlwind then baton pass to your sweeper and voila! they are dead lol.

Togetics defenses are higher than its attack stats, so try an annoyer Togetic. Set up a defensive wall, then follow in whatever order. Lefties will heal you if the opponent manages to miss you a couple of times. If they switch, you'll keep your evasiveness, so just toxic-attract again! :P

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
    How about
    Togetic[modest]-calm mind, ice beam, rest, reflect/roar/sweet kiss
    Serene Grace doubles the chance of a freeze ^_^ and with calm mind for the
    Sp boost u should do just fine.

I believe the serene grace + ice beam + calm mind came from FRLG Blissey.

If not try windspeed's moveset.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    2vs2 Togetic-

Togetic- [SpDef+/Atk-]- Hustle
    Ev: SpAtt, SpDef @ Brightpowder
    -follow me
    -double team
    -encore
    -yawn/sweet kiss/thunderwave

Goal: Pray for luck brightpowder and hustle together will make an attack miss when you use Follow Me. Use Double team if there's the spare time. Can encore annoyers/Sub users/buffers to make them useless, with a status attack if you can really live... in the end, "are you lucky today?"

1vs1 Togetic- simply not usable period... whatever it can do, someone can do it better. Unless you're playing UU or even NU team (underused or neverused), don't think about Togetic 1vs1...

Da_Green_Teddy

Emerald Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 11, 2004
    Dranxis said:
    - Shadow Ball (Pesky Ghosts! Even better for Darks and Psychics!)
    - Double-edge (naturally learned, powerful attack that is boosted by STAB. Just in case my other elemental attacks don't suit, I can always rely on good old Normal)
    - Steel Wing (controls Ice and Rock, Togetic's worst enemies)

Maybe Rest or some other more defensive attack.

1.Mine has shadow ball, and it seems to do okay with it, but I try to equip her with Spell Tag to boost it.
    2. Hmm, double-edge does sound good. My Togetic has not learnt it yet, though. But i'll remember that!
    3. Steel Wing, eh? Well, it seems to work.
    4. "Maybe Rest or some other more defensive attack."
    Well, I like it. If you're happy with it, then go for it! The sunnyday/solarbeam is a good combo for here as well. ;)

Back