• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen i cant find it

dark_mew

owner of a shiny machamp
Years
i cant seem to find a shiny pokemon how do yall do it cause i c people with alot of shiny pokemon.

The Real AAA

Guess who's back!
Years
A shiny pokemon can pop out any time in the wild.I don't know how it works in the Advance Generation cuz I wasn't into shinys back then but i think you have a 1/1000 chanse or the same in D/P wich is 1/8192

dark_mew

owner of a shiny machamp
Years
ooo but how some many people have so many shiny pokemon(ex. alot of people on this site)

The Real AAA

Guess who's back!
Years
They stay searching in the wild for a very long time.So like I said a Shiny Pokemon could pop out anytime.Some people here have alot of shinys cause they trade,hunt, or hack them(but hacking is bad!!)

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
I have been playing for years and only have one shiny, it's a bellsprout. I didn't know it was a shiny at first, I seen it it made a weird noise so I caught it and then came online to find out and it was a shiny pokemon.

Years
Shiny pokemon are a very rare occurrence, that can indeed show up at any time in the game. You can even run into two shiny pokemon in a row, but the chance are slim, 1 in 8192 to be exact, which gives us a percentage of 0.0001220703125. It's kind of like the lotto for pokemon.

Now, as for the people with boxes of shiny pokemon; they use AR codes to make the appearance of shiny pokemon 100%.

Years
Many of the people who seem to have lots of shinies have found with the use of the PokeRadar, which allows them to find the same species of pokemon again and again, cutting down the odds for finding shinies at the same time, although chaining does require quite a bit of skill.

The Real AAA

Guess who's back!
Years
people this is not for D/P it's for a GBA pkmn game.The way to get a shiny on the Advance Generation is you got to roam every where on grass you might not find a shiny since shinys could pop out any time but that's the only way you could catch 1.
I remembered I stayed in the wild for 1 whole day and didn't find 1 so it well take a very long time unless your luck

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
Years
  • Age 29
  • NY
  • Seen Jan 29, 2014
its hard to find a shiny. i only found one (a wooper) and i just stood in one spot and kept using sweet scent (i was in the safari zone) and after like a zillion tries i finally got a shiny

Back