• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Mwa ha ha... theme teams

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
Years
  • I am playing through sapphire with a Wally team sans Magneton. Why not Magneton? Training 5 Pokemon takes too long and with only electric as special moves, it doesn't seem too useful. Right now I am on my way to Dewford with a Ralts and Skitty. It took me FOREVER to find those two because they're rare. I'm a bit disappointed that this is a theme team run through the game, because the Ralts is Modest with Synchro :*(.

Ever played through the game with a theme to the team other than mono type? Like a team of just canid Pokemon or mirroring team Aqua (zubat, poochyena, carvanha)? This is actually through the game, not building after the game's complete or something. Next time I'd like to try out a varmint team, Pokemon who resemble little weasels and rodents (zigzagoon, plusel, and marrill). I'll post about successes and troubles with this Wally team as I progress.

stewie&rupert

the evil Senior Member
    Years
  • yea well once i played with garys main team in silver.
    arcanine-flamethrowr, extremespeed, bite, flame wheel
    rhydon-horn drill, earthquake, stomp, surf
    pidgeot- fly, wing atk, quick atk, steel wing
    gyarados-hydro pump, hyper beam, thunder, dragon breath
    executor-giga drain, psychic, hypnosis, sleep powder
    alakazam-psychic, tpunch, fpunch, ipunch
    this is the team that he uses in the gym and its really powerful. if by any chance i press new game im gonna try ashes team on saphire(coarse maybe ill lose but in games easy even with ashes team)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • *coughTRACE>SYNcough* o.o;

Either way... monotype team or team revolving weather or something like that is as far as I've got... never tried to fashion myself after someone.

Back