PDA

View Full Version : Do you sleep with an open window?

Amoeba
October 23rd, 2007, 12:20 AM
Do you sleep with your bedroom window open? Sometimes? Mostly? Never?

I always like to have it open, even in winter because my room gets stuffy quickly and I get a sore throat being in a room with no air circulation for too long. But sometimes I have to shut it when its noisy outside if I want to get sleep, there's drunk kids out every night.

Elusive
October 23rd, 2007, 03:08 AM
Nah, its a bit too cold for that.

Klingon
October 23rd, 2007, 03:14 AM
Yeah; sometimes; if it's summer.

Lumine
October 23rd, 2007, 03:25 AM
Ive got a whole house AC so it doesnt matter, but we're energy smart and dont really use the AC much

Razer302
October 23rd, 2007, 04:37 AM
In the summer I leave my window open every night but during winter I leave it shut or I would freeze to death.

Ivysaur
October 23rd, 2007, 06:12 AM
I can't. I live next to a square with a playpen in the middle. I can't sleep because of the noise.
In summer it's worse because they can be awaken longer than me >.<

Rebellious Treecko
October 23rd, 2007, 06:20 AM
I never have my windows open. Ever. Including when i'm sleeping.

I like the peace and quiet, and thiefs and buglars can't get in and scare me.

Lady Nicole
October 23rd, 2007, 06:37 AM
Good Lord, no. It's far too cold!

viridian doubletongue
October 23rd, 2007, 08:15 AM
In the middle of summer I usually have it open a few inches. No way the rest of the year.

My room is one of the coldest rooms in our house.

Ayce
October 23rd, 2007, 08:20 AM
My room is pretty big and ventilation is bearable. There's no need to leave a window open while I'm out cold. If anything it would only make it easier for some weird burglar to crawl in and start rummaging through my underwear drawers. I can't let that happen now, can I? Just a matter of personal hygiene.

Allstories
October 23rd, 2007, 08:32 AM
My room has a back door leading to the garage roof. I keep that open when it's warm. I never open my window because it's always either too cold or it's blocked by an air conditioner.

~Dawn~
October 23rd, 2007, 09:31 AM
when its really really hot out, yes.

♥~*Abby*~♥
October 23rd, 2007, 09:40 AM
not really...

i normally use a fan. however, when there's a power out during the summer, I open it.

Cherrim
October 23rd, 2007, 09:50 AM
My windows always stay closed. Back home, the blinds and the window are broken so it's hard to open and close it, so it's not worth my time. Plus, it defeats the point of air conditioning.

Here... I honestly just forget that opening the window is an option. XD; I don't see much of a point anyway; it's really windy, most of the time, and it would probably just keep me awake. :\

Sammi
October 23rd, 2007, 10:03 AM
I only open the window if it's summer and I'm in a house with no air conditioning, which happens when I live overseas. If there is AC, I'll just adjust that or put on more blankets because it's too cold for me. XD; There's no point in opening a window if there's AC. ._.;

Astinus
October 23rd, 2007, 12:14 PM
I close my window at night. I'm really paranoid, so I think that someone is going to crawl through my open window (which they can't get to, as my window faces my backyard surrounded by a six-foot fence). Plus, I sleep under my window, so if there's a chance of rain, I don't want to wake up with a wet face. Besides, I sleep during the day, and there's a lot of activity in my neighborhood during the day, like lawnmowers and low-flying airplanes, so I keep my window close to minimize the sound.

And I'm lazy. So I just never feel like opening my window.

Virtual Chatot
October 23rd, 2007, 12:19 PM
In the summer I will, only because it's so hot xD

In the Winter, I put Plastic around my windows to keep the heat from escaping o_o;

diamondpearl876
October 23rd, 2007, 12:25 PM
Nope. I barely open my window as it is. o_O My parents always open it out of nowhere, not me. x]

Tapioca
October 23rd, 2007, 01:17 PM
Ok if I opened my window... many many weird animals and insects would crawl their way in, and I don't exactly WANT that, seeing as how they already live outside my window, behind the screen >>'

Yeah, no I never open mine at all... ever.

Azonic
October 23rd, 2007, 01:26 PM
Occasionally. I usually have the massively oversized ceiling fan on <.<;

Extric
October 23rd, 2007, 01:27 PM
I never open it when I'm sleeping, there’s to many perverts and burglars out there. The only time I open my window is during the summer and I'm at home playing video games or writing because it makes me more comfortable. I don't really need the wind because I have ceiling fan hanging in my room and AC.

Azonic
October 23rd, 2007, 01:36 PM
I think I can open it whenever since me room is on the second floor.

Waffle-San
October 23rd, 2007, 03:07 PM
Well it gets hot up stairs and my parents open it, so most of the time it is open. It's not that I like it open, it's just I don't always seem to notice.

Spaekle Oddberry
October 23rd, 2007, 03:36 PM
My room is in the basement, and my window is right up against the ground. I'd get a lot of bugs in my room if I left it open. D:

Rainfall
October 23rd, 2007, 03:43 PM
Yeah, I keep it open. >_> Because its stuck that way and I can't close it. XD

Sheena--Fujibayashi
October 23rd, 2007, 05:50 PM
Sometimes I forget to close it... but if it`s freezing cold, I`ll just shut it. But most of the times I sleep with my windows closed.

Idiot!
October 24th, 2007, 06:25 AM
I leave the window open unless I expect rain to come.

Tangerine Fox
October 24th, 2007, 07:25 AM
I keep it open when I want fresh air during the day, but I never have it open when I'm sleeping. It just doesn't make a lot of sense. I like to keep the house locked up at night, so having an open window doesn't fit into that.

Plus, hundreds of tree frogs would jump into my bedroom in the summer, and that would be really annoying after a while. (For whatever reason, I find dozens and dozens of frogs under my window at night, just chirping away.)

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
October 24th, 2007, 07:33 AM
when its too hot I put the AC on, when its a little hot I put a screen in the window since I dont want any bugs getting into my room and biting me

:t354:TG

Thorndrop
October 24th, 2007, 08:08 AM
I usually do even though it's quite cold here. It doesn't bother me 'cause we don't get bugs or anything coming in at all.

Lady Nicole
October 24th, 2007, 08:13 AM
Bugs come in through open Windows.

lmao

Loyal Arcanine
October 24th, 2007, 10:46 AM
No, never. Most times of the year it's too cold to do that and even when it's not I just don't. =P

The Infinite Devil Machine
October 24th, 2007, 03:22 PM
No, I always keep it closed. Because it's always below 10 and well, I've been robbed before...

Shiny Umbreon
October 24th, 2007, 05:12 PM
If you leave your window open, you'll get robbed.

Yeah, well, in summer I do obviously. Other than that, I never open it. Too much cold.

sims796
October 24th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Its stuffy in here, so its open. Even at winter, since I enjoy sleeping with the sheets on me.

Unfortunately, I sleep right across the street from a fire department. And they always seem to have a fire around 12 midnight. I miss sleep.

_Prince_
October 24th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Yeah, I keep my window open at nights, unless it's raining then no.

Rosefrost
October 26th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Do you sleep with your bedroom window open? Sometimes? Mostly? Never?

I always like to have it open, even in winter because my room gets stuffy quickly and I get a sore throat being in a room with no air circulation for too long. But sometimes I have to shut it when its noisy outside if I want to get sleep, there's drunk kids out every night.No, never. it makes me feel un-safe.6_6

Aegis
October 26th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Always. If I don't it gets to hot in my room, so I leave it open even in the winter. My bedrooms on the second story, so no worrying about being robbed ;3