View Full Version : Is the Glass Half Full or Half Empty?

October 29th, 2007, 2:27 PM
Are you optimistic or pessimistic? Or maybe something in between.

Answer to My Own Question- Yes. Very. Anyone who knew me for 2 seconds knows I'm one of the most pessimistic people in the world.

What about you?

Shiny Umbreon
October 29th, 2007, 3:47 PM
I'm realistic. I don't really expect something to happen if it has a low possibility, even if I want it. If there's a 50% chance, I just don't think about it, and just wait for it to happen.

October 29th, 2007, 4:23 PM
I'm generally optimistic,but I go through times where I get really down and pessimistic ._.

October 29th, 2007, 5:10 PM
Ugh. I can be such a pessimist sometimes. D: But on the same token I can be so optimistic too. It's odd. I'm genereally pessimistic more often than I am Optimistic but when I'm feeling optimistic there's nothing out there that can outshine it.
It all depends on how I feel. But I voted pessimist because that's generally where I am most often. Slightly pessimistic. But even then I always say the glass is half full. I'm just eccentric like that. XD

Gary, the Magic Fairy
October 29th, 2007, 5:18 PM
I don't identify the contents of the glass, I smash the glass over your head and then fill it with your blood :O

I'm somewhere in between, I suppose. Depends what the glass is full of, really. xD

October 29th, 2007, 5:23 PM
I'm amazingly positive, to the point that I can be a bit foolish at times. Little can get me down, I always.. somehow.. have hope for the future, because in my mind I know that nothing is necessarily permanent.

My glass is totally half full.

October 29th, 2007, 5:43 PM
I'm an optimist. But I also brace for the worst just in case. Mostly optimist.

October 29th, 2007, 5:53 PM
I'm usually very negative now, always complaining and finding fault with everything. But if it's something I want to make happen, then there's my glimmer of optimism. Though I call glasses half full even if it's a tiny amount.. Empty is a weird and cold word. D;

October 29th, 2007, 5:54 PM
I can be optimistic if I really want to be, but mostly, I'm pessimistic. o_o I'm trying to work on that.. XD

Midnight Beat
October 29th, 2007, 7:49 PM
For the most part I'm a rather positive person. But I'm also realistic, if something isn't gonna happen I'm not the one who's gonna still believe it will.

Lady Nicole
October 29th, 2007, 8:26 PM
I'm optimistic when I'm happy and pessimistic when I'm in a bad mood. Makes sense eh?

October 29th, 2007, 9:19 PM
I feel that I'm pessimistic for situations that are directed for me, and optimistic for situations that are directed at other people. If someone good might happen to someone else (and I like the person) then I want the best to happen for the person. As for myself, I always have a poor outlook on life. If something bad will happen to me, it will, and I won't be surprised.

October 29th, 2007, 9:28 PM
I'm an optimist. At times, it would have to vary on the severity of some situations though. Overall, I believe I am rather positive.

October 29th, 2007, 9:31 PM
It depends~
If i like the drink in the glass that would be half empty D:
but if i hate it then definitely half full xD

October 30th, 2007, 12:26 AM
I am really negative. However, I always describe a glass filled half way half full.

October 30th, 2007, 6:19 AM
It's best to know the worst that could happen, as well as the best, so one can be prepared for either extreme.

October 30th, 2007, 6:32 AM
Simply put, I'm pessimistic. /=

As for the actual glass question, there is actually a certain way to answer it. If it was emptied down to the half-way point, then it is half-empty. If it was being filled but stopped at half, then it is half-full. ^_^'

October 30th, 2007, 11:59 AM
It's 3/4 full >>

It matters on the situation that I'm in. I'm usually extremely optimistic, and nothing can get in the way of my HAPPEHNESS, but geez... math tests, the 1/4 of the emptiness in that cup makes a difference >>'

A lot of difference ><

October 30th, 2007, 5:16 PM
Half Empty

Yes, I'm Pessimistic about almost everything. I don't know why. I'm very rarely optomistic about things, but I have my moments.

zel 2.0
October 30th, 2007, 5:21 PM
I'm so so... I try to be possitive, but most of the time, if I happen to run into some kind of problem, well, I go through two phases: first, I become a bit maniatic (cursing everyone and everything), and after that, when things don't seem to work anymore I just get depressed and start thinking "oh well, this is over... there's nothing I can do about it", it's really hard to keep going when it that phase (Most of the time it really is over, so I try not to reach that phase...)

Hawt Pig
October 31st, 2007, 2:30 PM
*looks at glass*

Either the glass is naked, or it's wearing some sort of see through lingerie, argh, either way, not appealing. I can see all of its inards!

Piggedy Pig: *covers glass in a bath robe*

'nyway, I'm optimistic, so to me, the glass would be half full.

Rebellious Treecko
October 31st, 2007, 7:41 PM
I admit I'm quite pessimistic.
I focus too much on the negative whenever something happens.

I'm a bit optimistic about some things though.

November 1st, 2007, 9:43 AM
I'm an optimistic realist. I know when things are simply out of my reach, but damn if I don't hope for it anyway. :D In general, though, I am pretty optimistic about everything. I just don't understand the point of being a pessimist. I mean, it can't be fun to look at everything in a negative light, can it? o_O

viridian doubletongue
November 1st, 2007, 10:19 AM
Though I've never been able to stand this analogy, I like to sit within the optimistic.

I say I'm optimistic because I always hold that everything will be alright in the end.

Though some things I accept might never be alright. And might never happen. But more often it doesn't stop me wishing for it.

November 1st, 2007, 8:04 PM
I'm ussually always optimistic even if its just for the people around me. My brother or myself after a bad hockey game are the only things i tend to get negative about. Or homework, that's definately one thing.

I'm ussually always optimistic though, I have trouble staying angry even if I want to, I'm always laughing at something stupid, being random and being positive. I think it annoys people though.

Jack O'Neill
November 1st, 2007, 8:49 PM
I'm a realist. The glass is both half-full and half-empty at the same time.

November 2nd, 2007, 12:16 AM
I'm more of an optimistic person. I think that if you think that everything will go well, there are more chances of that happening.

November 2nd, 2007, 4:36 PM
Hey i no this trick...

me... negitiv... yes

Lady Berlitz
November 2nd, 2007, 4:41 PM
For me.... it depends on the situation. If someone ticks me off with an annoying voice, I get angry, but if someone ticks me off with a very bad tone, I will start to be scared, I have really weird emotions. :o

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
November 3rd, 2007, 6:06 AM
People say I'm a negative person because the things that come out of my mouth which later on in the future its the truth and later on say I'm a postive person

November 3rd, 2007, 1:08 PM
I'd like to think I'm an optimist - and I used to definitely be more of one - but I also know that whenever something comes up, my first tendency is to think of the worst possible outcome to it. Usually it's so that if it does end up happening, then I'd already be expecting it, and if it doesn't then I'm highly relieved, but...yeah.

As much as I don't want to be, I'd have to say I'm definitely a pessimist, at least about most things. e_e

November 3rd, 2007, 1:24 PM
Pessimistic realist, but the situation may change this.

November 3rd, 2007, 5:34 PM
I am Optimistic. at least i think i am. What if i'm not? does that make me a liar? Then i would be contradicting myself. Thats bad. Does that mean tha the glass is actually half empty? Ahhh!
So, definately Optimistic.