• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen myth T or F?

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2007
    i herd this myth that in pokemon fire red if you have 40 hours of gameplay in it you can find a black charizard in the varidian forrest is there any chance of this being true help please

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • i herd this myth that in pokemon fire red if you have 40 hours of gameplay in it you can find a black charizard in the varidian forrest is there any chance of this being true help please

Not at all. you can't find any of the starters in the wild, so...yeah.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Well....that wrapped up quickly. XD

Sure did.

I sure hate when people say stuff like that, trying to make other people waste their time, or maybe they have fallen for a trick themselves :/ The best pokemon you'll find in the viridian forest is (sadly) a caterpie. lol

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    there IS a black charizard, but you don't get it the way you posted. the black charizard is a shiny charizard, where the change to get a shiny is 1/8192. to obtain a shiny charizard, you must either keep soft-reseting at the start of the game where you obtain your starter, till you have a shiny starter, or breed thousands charmanders till one is shiny. the"myth" you posted is false, there's no such myth/cheat that excite.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2007
    Sure did.

I sure hate when people say stuff like that, trying to make other people waste their time, or maybe they have fallen for a trick themselves :/ The best pokemon you'll find in the viridian forest is (sadly) a caterpie. lol

I disagree, the best Pokemon you can find in Viridian forest would probably be Pikachu.

Years
  • If that myth was true, then everybody would have a shiny Charizard. Seriously, 40 hours of gameplay goes by pretty fast.

BPM

No Pokédex entry found
    Years
  • i herd this myth that in pokemon fire red if you have 40 hours of gameplay in it you can find a black charizard in the varidian forrest is there any chance of this being true help please
    Why do I have a feeling in my gut this fella posted this as a trap? He's either one of two things:
    1) A gullible child who was told this by some mean-spirited person.
    2) A mean-spirited person who is trying to trick gullible children for the lulz.

And given how ridiculous the "myth" is, I'm leaning to #2.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Lolz.

No way, jose! Otherwise Shiny Charizards wouldn't be so rare! D:

You've been tricked! You much react by cracking an egg on the offenders head oxo.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2007
    It was an exageration...and for the record, pikachu isn't very good itself.
    I was kind of guessing you were exaggerating, but I was just saying that Pikachu is a whol lote better than caterpie... Then again, caterpie evolves fast and when it turns into a butterfree, It is a pretty good pokemon, with the physic moves and whatnot

Back