• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I need help

Too-Angel

Remix Lover
Years
  • I need help on my computer. I've been having this bug lately, everytime I click on NAV this message appears, and you know when you go to
    START >> RUN >> CONTROL_USERPASSWORDS2 to delete msn sn's it says the same message. Anyone know how to get rid of this? It doesn't just show this error in just 1 software, probably HP Invent also does this. I have no idea what I did. Lately I haven't been on the computer, I have no idea what's going on. Please someone help me? There's a picture of the error provided, please click on the attachment.

http://img62.photobucket.com/albums/v188/InvinsibleM/Error.jpg

Bug 2: I also tried to delete softwares, it said i'm not logged in as an admin, only admin could do this kind of selections. Someone kind enough to tell me as well how to switch back to being an admin to be able to do what i'm able to do before.

Thanks in advanced.

aaaaaa

Head over to the Symantec Website and grab their NAV Removal Tool to remove all traces of it.
    Then reinstall, and you should be fine.

Master Kwesi Nkromah

"Pokéfan Kwesi"
    Years
  • First Question
    a1337a has a good point, that?s what I would do in your situation. Don?t waste your time trying to fix a broken program when a reinstall can be done with no heart ache. But I wouldn?t remove all traces of NAV from your system.

When a1337a said to remove all traces of NAV from your system I think her* mind set was on removing everything so the corrupt file can be deleted and replaced with a new one. My problem is if your NAV has quarantined any serious worms, Trojans or Viruses removing everything NAV had may just be releasing all of that back into your system. I don?t know what kinda safety procedures NAV has but that would worry me.

If I were you I would go threw the normal uninstall program supplied with your software.

And to Answer your Second Question
    First, is this your computer? If it?s not you may not have the ability to become admin. If that?s the case you have to go threw the computer?s admin to get your software installed.

If it is your computer Go to My Computer > Control Panel (a link in the left menu) > User Accounts Here you should be able to see all the accounts registered on your machine. See what?s what in there, I guess we?ll take it from there next time if your still having problems.

Last edited:

aaaaaa

Well you could try a standard uninstall, and reinstall, but if that fails to correct the issue, you may have to run the NAV Removal Tool.
    Give it a shot, anyway.

Oh, and Kwesi, I'm not a him ^_~

Too-Angel

Remix Lover
    Years
  • Pok?fan Kwesi said:
    If I were you I would go threw the normal uninstall program supplied with your software.
    So does that mean I have to ''uninstall norton system works,'' btw I don't
    have the newer version of NAV, i'm guessing I have the 2002 version. So unistalling it would be safe? I'm planning to re-install it once it's finally uninstalled.

Master Kwesi Nkromah

"Pokéfan Kwesi"
    Years
  • doh... I had a feelin u were a girl, Sessy Freak was like a dead give away. I ment to change all the hims to hers before I posted but i just forgot. SORRY (@_@);

Too-Angel said:
    So does that mean I have to ''uninstall norton system works,'' btw I don't
    have the newer version of NAV, i'm guessing I have the 2002 version. So unistalling it would be safe? I'm planning to re-install it once it's finally uninstalled.
    What we're saying is uninstall norton system works (/or whatever you have) then reinstall the same norton system works (or whatever you have). This will just replace any corrupt files u have on the system.

aaaaaa

Well, Too-Angel, if the only uninstall opinion is for System Works, then by golly I say do that.
    As long as you got the disc/s to reinstall, you should be fine.

Too-Angel

Remix Lover
    Years
  • All right, thanks again. Obviously I still need help one more thing, you know how to fix the problem with going to Run deleting MSN sn's. Cause it also says the same message.
    Do I have to do something with that? I think I should go to msconfig, but i'm not so positive what to look for.

Back