• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Google is evil!

Gr8person62.2

*Insert_Evil_Music_Here*
Years
  • Nyaha! It sure is. After many months of praising google and it's gloryness for being one of the greatest Internet companies out there, I couldn't help but do a little snooping. It'd be cool if you had a look at this site Google-Watch. Go through and read it well. It'l make you think twice the next time you want to google.. So you remember the time you typed in "Avril Lavigne Pr0n" in google?.. yap, they still know. It might come back to haunt you one day :D Have a nice life :P

Blitz~2005

AKA Blitz
    Years
  • no its not true google isnt evil :'(

your lieing you just said that to make me cry :'(

ok im over that now

so whats google(joking)

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • Yes, the simplicity is quite nice. It doesn't have all those extra links and stuff like Yahoo! nor does it load as slow as the MSN servers.

Gr8person62.2

*Insert_Evil_Music_Here*
    Years
  • Hehe, it's the other way aroung. Yahoo is powered by google. I'm not sure if it's the databases only, or the actual entire search thingo.

JKaizer said:
    Google ain't the best, it ain't the worst. Can't expect anything more.
    Google is the best, which worries me a lot too because I love using it. It has all the good stuff for the low end website surfurs, but it sucks for webmasters. Their spiders are creating a lot of traffic too which might annoy people, but you do get practically every new page on the internet within 2 days. I have to admit that is awsome, but still privacy is a huge concern for me.

aaaaaa

Google is far and away the most advanced, and acurate, search engine ever crafted.
    And there's not a thing that can change that.
    So I'll keep using it.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • Actually, from what I've heard, the technology they use isn't nearly as up to date as the technology Yahoo!, etc use. =/

But they remain to be the most popular just because they're the most well known, and not to mention that they're simple to use.

perthskies

Nostalgic
    Years
  • There is nothing wrong with using Google in my opinion.

Yes there are privacy issues, but basically all search engines do that, even site trackers and counters get that sort of information anyway. You don't have to use Google anyway, but it's quick searching helps to provide better productivity for me.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • I won't even search for pokemon pics on google anymore, no matter how accurate I try to be there's as much hentai as there is regular pics, even WITH moderate safesearch -_-;; Not to mention the nasty stuff I get when I search for almost anything on any subject, be it websites OR pictures...they really need better systems in that respect.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • i've actually been there before even though it's a tech-site O.o;;

I thought that website explains how Google remains and keeps itself to be the best search engine, because in a way (super summarized:) it relies on other search engine and pretty much just combines all the others' results as its own... I think... it maybe wrong since I read it months ago and currently my mind is stuck in YGO, OST download and French. But whatever... google gives me my free stuff aka my life so google = "I'm using it!"

EDIT: not google's fault there's Pokemon hentai... blame the hentai artist, not the search engine you know... o.o;

Back